Official "Michael" Tracklist and First Single "Hold my Hand" Announcement

Woa, woa, WOA!!!!!! So when I listen to Behind the Mask on "Michael" it's gonna sound like

This?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tE5lhnv0QD4

or THIS?!?! Not Eric's best, might I add...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N8GbyF4OcM

I dunno why are you exciting about this song now. I know this song for years, in fact I did some extended (10 min) mix of Phillinganes version from various special instrumental edits. This track is a killer. At first I thought like with The Way You Love Me - another old chestnut. But with Michael's voice and new sound....OMG :wild:It's gonna be wild song! You should explore more of his compositions, cause there are few other great songs, which MJ was involved into.

If it is those songs, I'm sure they would update the music production to not being so dated. xD But I like the beat of the song! :) I wonder how Michael's would sound like~

That's what I'm expecting. I enjoy the beat as well! But, yea....i'm just....I guess I didn't know one could release a song like this so many different times! Copyrighting must have something to do with it... Greg's looked to be first. Then Eric's in '87 or '88? And it was originally for Michael on Thriller?! This is really gonna be interesting!

And to Buszmen: yea, i've never heard this song before! And it's not bad, don't get me wrong! I dig it for sure!

Ideas for future MJ albums:

1. Off The Wall 30- do what they did with the special edition, except NO interviews. Demos or songs only.

2. Bad 25 (released in 2012)- again, no interviews, demos & full songs only

3. Duet album (Teddy Riley has twitted that this one is in the planning stages).

4. Invincible 10- Rodney Jerkins has been working on a project with MJ songs...maybe this is it???

5. BOTDF- Special edition: keep the 1st 5 tracks, maybe keep Scream Louder, replace the remixes with demos or unreleased material.

6. Album full of new/unreleased tracks like the "Michael" album.

7. Live album- don't pick live stuff from 1 era...do a "best of" live album, with MJ's best moments over his adult solo career.

8.Re- release This Is It- replace studio versions with the audio from the tracks being performed Live. (the way it should have been done in the first place)

Also, for the duet album...I think the estate needs to contact the Freddie Mercury estate and get those MJ/Freddie tracks polished and released. Hell have Teddy Riley and Brian May work on it together. If anyone knew Freddie the best, it was Brian.

Sony only has a total of 10 projects. So far they releasing Vision box-set and now Michael album. I don't think they should waste all of their remaining projects on albums. They need to release at-least a couple concert DVD s.

Sony only has a total of 10 projects. So far they releasing Vision box-set and now Michael album. I don't think they should waste all of their remaining projects on albums. They need to release at-least a couple concert DVD s.

They can easily package a DVD with a cd release. They do it with Thriller 25 and The Ultimate Collection.

Of the ideas I stated, I'd like to see OTW 30, Bad 25, and an all new album. Def want a DVD of the Bad Tour. :)

I can never understand why so many people are so hell bent on updating everything all the time. I know people will say ''Oh you gotta keep up with the times'' but when i hear what's being played on mainstream radio right now those are times which i think are not worth keeping up with.

When i hear an awesome unrelesed MJ song from the 80's/90's and then people yell THIS MUST BE UPDATED! I feel that it will take away the magic from those songs.

If a song can be updated into something that sounds great and unique, then by all means update it, but if it's being updated just so that it can fit in with all the songs on mainstream radio then i say leave it alone.

Just heard "Keep Your Head Up"

Its clearly unfinished.

I really can't bring myself to buy this album if these soulless demos-turned-into-finished-songs are what I have to look forward to.

I'm hoping its not the final version

Last edited:
Just heard "Keep Your Head Up"

Its clearly unfinished.

I really can't bring myself to buy this album if these soulless demos-turned-into-finished-songs are what I have to look forward to.

Yep, it leaked.

Jackson_popcorn.gif

:heart:

:cry:

You're always going to have to take the good with the bad. This is good news, don't get upset over the tracklist! They're releasing 6 more albums after this, everything you want released will get out sometime. I'm excited for the album and wish everyone else was too. I can't wait to hear all these songs.

The Sony deal called for 10 projects not just albums through 2017. One of those projects was TII the album. They have DVD Vision and now Michael the album. And maybe the vidoe was also one of the projects, I'm not sure. So they have 6 more projects. I'm sure they'll have a BAD Tour DVD as one of them. Then a re-release of BAD, OTW with special bonus unreleased material from those sessions. So there's four more projects. Maybe another tour DVD? Idk, maybe a live album, and certainly two more unreleased albums.

Now surely you don't think after 2017 that would be the end? No. The estate will still have more releases to come and more projects to come. Remember the estate's job is to make as much money for Michael's estate as possible. That is what estates do. They will spread all the great songs around so as to give us more hopefully. Of course if this foolishness of boycotting and not buying Michael stuff continues, well I guess the fans and his estate will be at a loss. They may have no choice but to sell the catalog.

Anyway, I am no expert but that is how I see it happening.

I can't wait for all this to unfold. One project at a time. Patience my fellow fans patience. All these songs will come out eventually.

if after hearing "keep your head up" you still think Michael is singing those Cascio songs, then you don't know his voice...AT ALL. I won't be buying this!

These are the same kind of comments that are starting to get people banned. These "Matter of fact" I know better than others and any who disagree are less than a fan and don't know MJ.

Stop it now, please.

Keep Your Head Up -- Sounds like MJ. I like the choir towards the end.

Yes, it's on YT. I would upload it but at work right now so I can't. Hopefully somebody else can???

Earth Song at the end. Hahaha. The joke that is this album continues.

Keep them leaking for nothing. That's all this is worth.

Keep Your Head Up :)

You're very sweet. Thank you so much. But we cannot allow links to material that is being released in public, but we can PM.

Thanks for reading my post and responding. I should have been more clear. You make me smile. :)

Thank you as well doitandyourdead. :)

keep your head up NOW THAT IS TAKING THE MICHAEL!

youve got to laugh its soooo awful

i look forward to the other 7 tracks of course v much

but how can ANYONE not deny how fake these r now

ohhh CRINGE oh no

As I said on Twitter the vocal, yes, clearly Mike, but its a demo that has been post produced with questionable samples. The song is nice enough but would Mike have really post produced it with samples from Earth Song. The choir, yes I can see it, but not convinced on the ES samples. But that is the problem with the album. I find myself questioning with the post production stuff 'would Mike have done that', 'would Mike have approved of that', 'would Mike be happy with that' and that's the main thing that's ruining any potential enjoyment of the album. Don't get me wrong, I'll still buy it, but just needed to get my thoughts out.

Sigh...Why do they insist even putting these "Questionable" tracks on the album? I mean, all it does is create problems...It is a great shame they just don't take them all off...Why are they so protective of them?

Keep Your Head Up is another questionable song. The Earth Song parts at the end are a joke. This doesn't even sound complete at all? Not album worthy in my opinion.

You're very sweet. Thank you so much. But we cannot allow links to material that is being released in public, but we can PM.

Thanks for reading my post and responding. I should have been more clear. You make me smile. :)

Thank you as well doitandyourdead. :)

oops sorry :)

Keep Your Head Up is another questionable song. The Earth Song parts at the end are a joke. This doesn't even sound complete at all? Not album worthy in my opinion.

I want to laugh but then I don't. Well, at least this is more money in my pocket to spend on a meal or something.

I keep changing my mind. I really don't want to buy the album. My heart isn't in it. It just feels like a bunch of songs MJ didn't want to release.

I wondered why there is only 10 tracks, most of the sources over the last few weeks mentioned approx 12 tracks, maybe some were withdrawn at the last moment, can anyone shed any light, thanks.

I just don't understand why there's such a desperation to cobble together these sorts of tracks taking bits and pieces from other songs to pad them out, when there's fully completed songs which Michael ACTUALLY worked on ready to be used, like Escape, Blue Gangster and (if they are actually going down this route as it seems..) We've Had Enough?

Back