Official Statement From The Estate Of Michael Jackson To The Fans

Re: Official Message From The Estate Of Michael Jackson To The Fans

Michael has a lot of different voices he can sing in. I'm guessing that over the years in the studio with these guys, they have probably heard him sing in a lot of ways that we haven't. That might be how they were able to say so conclusively that it was him.

It's possible they have heard him sound like this before. It might not be as impressive as his more recognizeable voices, but it definitely causes me to be even more impressed with his diversity than I already was.

to make this discussion clear !

what lines of the song and what parts of the song u say is JM and not MJ ????

u can't say it is not Michael and that's it ! tell us where it is not Michael ??

I think the entire song is Jason Malachi. With some real MJ ad libs in there which are taken from MJ songs that are already released. Like You Rock My World and On The Line.

Haha! Yeah I'm sure Teddy R wanted to make the track sound as shit and un-MJ as possible, cause that's the sort of stuff you want to make ambiguous after the artist has DIED.

QUOTE]

Actually teddy had little choice but to 'dirty up' the audio quality of his backtrack to match the poor audio quality of the bare vocal that was supplied to him

cant really compare singing a ballad to BN, but i get ure point. like i said i think Michael is on the track BUT I also think theres others on the track singing like MJ.

Please stop, do not start with Invincible bashing again. I am so so tired and it's so painful.

Mike career didn't stop after Dangerous. He still put out 2 wonderful albums - History and Invincible.

Why some of you cannot stand Michael? His works after 1993? Meaning after allegations.... Please... Mike put out there masterpieces.... I am so, so sad reading all these... :no:

U don't even know me. I said nothing about Invincible.. I actually LIKED the CD, WHEN I BOUGHT IT THE DAY IT CAME OUT IN 2001. I just did not like Rodney Jerkins tracks OR the tracks he's done for other artists. That is all I said.

Take a Benadryl. Relax.

Its NOT malachi. IT is 100% Michael. i give up. Believe what you will. but this is michael!

im done.

The fact that a huge amount of fans (and others) are questioning that is concerning enough to pull it off the album (and any others that are of that nature) is a bad sign..We can go around and around in circles about the validity of the vocals, but the bottom line is that if you can't put ANY questionable song on the album, its going to cause a lot of trouble. I don't know why Sony would do this, are they trying to set up Michael to fail? It sure seems like that. I really hope the estate/family/Sony take them off, that way we can all unite as one again..

Sony: I know, let's put a Michael Jackson song on it that people will question the vocals, and fans will be conflicted about and see what happens.

I can't quote all the great posts, but I just want to hug all the rest of you who can see that, as Autumn II said, "The sky is PURPLE". :hug: Thank you. :cry:

cant really compare singing a ballad to BN, but i get ure point. like i said i think Michael is on the track BUT I also think theres others on the track singing like MJ.

but it's hard to deny that Jason's vibrato sounds much more (I'd even say exactly) like the one on the main vocal part of BN

Originally posted by GinnyJackson
Its NOT malachi. IT is 100% Michael. i give up. Believe what you will. but this is michael!

im done.

God bless you, Ginny...I hopefully didn't come across as a jerk or anything bc I didn't mean to. We're all Michael's fans and I know you believe what you're saying. I wish I could believe that's Michael too. I've tried and tried and tried and tried but I just can't. Nothing personal against you or any fans who believe it or just want to believe it. Things have certainly been heated here this week and I'm sorry if I've contributed to that against anyone on a personal level. If I have, it's not been my intention.

I'm not mad at you or anyone else who believes it's Michael. Maybe confused, but not mad at and I definitely don't hate any of you. You all are fellow fans and I love you guys. If I've come across as angry, it's just been because I'm angry at what it looks like is happening to Michael posthumously and I just feel so strongly that it's wrong and immoral. But nothing personal against you, my fellow MJ fans. God bless each and every one of you. We're a passionate bunch, ain't we? lol

internet or not this album WILL outsell thriller based on the shit its stirring.

Funny you should mention that.

This whole thing reminds me of the "This Is It" movie. The "This Is NOT It" folks with their banners trying to destroy the movie and we ALL saw how that worked out. LOL!

"This Is It" turned out to be the highest grossing concert film of all time. I pray that this new album will do the samething. AMEN!

Can you think of a non-ballad where Michael's voice sounds like the vibrato (or vocal effect?) in the BN clips? I can't think of one. Maybe he's done this before, and I just can't remember it.

Michael has never sounded weak or unspirited on any of his songs. There's just no passion sung in Breaking News. Even during his tour rehearsals when he didn't really need to MJ still sang with passion. Just listen to the Dangerous tour rehearsals and This Is It

MJ - ''I don't sing it unless i mean it''

Haha! Yeah I'm sure Teddy R wanted to make the track sound as shit and un-MJ as possible, cause that's the sort of stuff you want to make ambiguous after the artist has DIED.

QUOTE]

Actually teddy had little choice but to 'dirty up' the audio quality of his backtrack to match the poor audio quality of the bare vocal that was supplied to him

... And try to disguise someone else's voice...

I can't quote all the great posts, but I just want to hug all the rest of you who can see that, as Autumn II said, "The sky is PURPLE". :hug: Thank you. :cry:

Thank YOU! :better: I remain under a "purple sky" . . . . . . regardless of what this or that "expert" tells me I should see.

Just the fact we are even HAVING this kind of conversation, which has never been necessary before, should be enough for the estate/Sony to pull the tracks. I have no idea why they responded the way they did, but it cleared NOTHING up for me, and yes, the sky is still purple no matter how many times I'm told "I should see blue. . . . " :bugeyed

God bless you, Ginny...I hopefully didn't come across as a jerk or anything bc I didn't mean to. We're all Michael's fans and I know you believe what you're saying. I wish I could believe that's Michael too. I've tried and tried and tried and tried but I just can't. Nothing personal against you or any fans who believe it or just want to believe it. Things have certainly been heated here this week and I'm sorry if I've contributed to that against anyone on a personal level. If I have, it's not been my intention.

I'm not mad at you or anyone else who believes it's Michael. Maybe confused, but not mad at and I definitely don't hate any of you. You all are fellow fans and I love you guys. If I've come across as angry, it's just been because I'm angry at what it looks like is happening to Michael posthumously and I just feel so strongly that it's wrong and immoral. But nothing personal against you, my fellow MJ fans. God bless each and every one of you. We're a passionate bunch, ain't we? lol

I feel the same....what a great post :flowers:

I dont wanna judge anything, I'm just waiting for a better song to be released. :angel:

I second this. I've been a bit of an ass hole many times. Then i've tried to behave myself, but allways reverted back.

I just feel so strongly about this that it gets the better of me sometimes.

I apologise if i've been over the top in the past, and apologise in advance in case I do it again.

Thank you.

At first I was also disappointed with Breaking News. But after hearing the a capella I was convinced it is Michael we hear. I have been listening to the song over and over again and the more I listen to it, the more Michael I hear. The story how this song got to be the way it is is very plausible. The statement by the Estate explains it so well. The idea of them and Sony playing a trick on us is just, I believe, far fetched. Off course the vocals aren't what we expect from MJ. They are demo recordings. And actually, I really believe they did the best they can do to construct songs from those recordings. It was stated in de press release: "a chance to hear the songs he most recently created along with tracks that Michael had a desire to bring to fruition". Had a desire to bring to fruition. Why not enjoy them for what they are, works in progress.

The controversy behind the vocals made it harder for me to enjoy the song at first. Now I am convinced it is Michaels voice, Michaels song and after listening to it a lot, I quite enjoy the song. The production is good, the melody sticks and it's just Michael.

I want to hear the other Cascio tracks. I also hear Michael in the 'Carry On' and ' Monster' snippets, although I'm doubting and not feeling 'All I Need'. If there aren't more recent better recordings from MJ, than I feel these songs should be on this posthumous album. Closer to the album MJ would have created we aren't going to get. Older songs can be released on future projects. That would make more sense.

People this is my last post in this thread ! Think what you want , it is MJ !!! True fans most have more respect for people like Teddy Riley & other people that worked with MJ on many albums that you love... I get sick from some people here !! Sony is a big company & not stupid to use a vocal stand in for michael.. They have enough unreleased songs, they don't need another fake mj singer!

F*ck Jason Malachi , the only thing you do is making him famous ;) I am sure that he is enjoying this....

Now i go to positive threads about the "Michael" album ;)

Sharon B. Sidney Sony has NOT given us what we wanted. We want assurance that his music will not be tainted by fake wanna be impersonators or crappy backup vocals--- In contract! We want untainted Michael Jackson! We've waited ten years and he deserves no less!!! The CD needs to be certified MJ. We want to send fans in to verify what they are planning to release is real -not statements from Sony claiming that they already had someone verify audio tracks were him - and then give us whatever the heck that was they streamed. We want Michael's CD released on the originally scheduled release date of Dec. 14th. It's not our fault that they screwed around with that track and wasted time. A demo of Michael would be better than that garbage BN 'cause we would hear his pure voice on a demo. When we get this- only then will leave Sony alone- unless they try something again in the future.[/QUOTE said:
Excellent post. We have to protest because we want to ensure legitimate MJ songs for the FUTURE RELEASES AS WELL. Otherwise all songs with MJ and another singer has to be clearly disclosed when the music is streamed or the product advertised.

Here too....

I listened to it earlier today, and kinda started to think it was Michael. But this shouldn't be nessecary, WHY did we all KNEW it was Michael as soon as we heard the snippet of 'DYKWYCA' ? And 'Much too Soon' and so on? I heard it instantly...and Breaking News had me going 'Hmmm....wtf?' right away.

HOW COME?!!!!!

People's arguments about how we can't know how Mike voice sounded in 2007 is not true, i'll say it again...we heard the man sing LIVE during the TII rehearsals, nope not every song but still several songs. 'IJCSLY' was SO not lipsynched and 100% live, anyone could see that.

The voice singing these fast parts about 'obituary' and simply most of the lead vocals on 'Breaking news' i do NOT hear the real Michael on it. I believe he would have sung this one differently....

But at the same time i am confused as hell, i really don't know it anymore. All these conflicting reports from peolpe...Teddy Riley and now Cory Rooney, they don't stop and it doesn't seem to get any better, or simply any real clarity!!! :no:

About how Michael's voice can sound, it is so confusing to me...
I will agree absolutely that vocals can change dramatically, by overprocessing and tricks...
Or that vocals could belong to another person... well theoretically it's possible.

But away from that : for relaxing a moment, do you know when I first in my life couldn't believe what I heard when hearing Michael sing? Well, when he was singing "Elisabeth I love you" (Youtube).
I thought, wow, that voice I have never heard before!

;)

If this announcement is true, I can't believe that Bruce Swedien and all the others said it is Michael's voice.

Anyway, I don't believe that it's Michael singing on it and I will not buy the album if one of these tracks is released.

At this point, I don't care any more. Might as well give up. We ain't going to win anyway. I'm just going to buy the album and pretend I hear Michael on the Cascio tracks. I want the album to do well. This shouldn't have happened in the first place. Everyone here was SO looking forward to the album. Many here had pre-ordered it the minute it was announced, myself included. How could they have screwed it up? Seriously? Everything was going so well. They are never going to admit it wasn't Michael singing lead for much of BN, so I'm not going to bother with it, or expect such a statement from them. It doesn't look like they are planning to remove the Cascio tracks from the album. Why? I don't know. It would SOLVE THIS ENTIRE PROBLEM. They are so protective of those tracks, they've gone and wasted money on hiring experts to prove that the vocals are real, they are so obviously determined to keep those tracks on the album and God only knows why. Considering they've apparently got 100s of completed songs in the vaults that didn't fit on previous albums, why use a not-so good quality track that was supposedly only a guide-vocal? It ain't like these guys have released hundreds of albums and have run out of material to use. This is the first, and they don't have songs that are considered releasable?

When they are finally ready to come to terms with us fans with the new CD we are gonna have to be extra careful so that they do not try to dupe us again.

It may sound a bit extreme but we will likely need them to certify what percent of the tracks are Michael's.

The reason I say this is that if they certify it's him -then we can sue them if it's not.

It never should have had to come to this...

i dont like this thread it really upsets me as a fan, whether there is truth behind or not.... so much hate and negativity :(

do you people realize that people are going to buy this album to find out if its Michael's voice or not? Do you realize that this could be bigger then thriller just based on the controversy its creating. This statement that has been released is what we all wanted and now when we get it you decide to forgo it and its expert analysis. I will go with what they say because they took our concerns to heart. Wither you want to believe it or not. I have been back and forth on this whole thing MANY times. Michael Is def on that song. We all know how he like to change his style, his voice. We all know Michael loved to stir up stuff and this is the biggest pot of stuff he has ever mixed up. He has the people's attention, he has them asking questions and guessing. Hes getting what he wants, hes getting an album bigger then the biggest one ever. Thriller will be the second biggest album in the world... This one "Michael" WILL be the biggest ever.

Do you know in order to acheive this, this album would have to be like 20 or 30 times bigger than Thriller due to modern sales declines, and that's to even sell as much as Thriller. I hate to break it to you, but really, other than the fans and a few other interested parties, no one really cares, at least not to the level to buy an album. I haven't heard anyone talking about this at all other than on MJJC. It's been given press it needs, and has 300,000 views on youtube, thriller would have had 500,000,000 to 1,000,000,000 views based on the hype that album had. It's not going to happen i'm afraid, i would put my life on it.

Ok - on monday i was 100% convinced that it wasnt MJ - now thursday -With the statement, Teddy Rileys admission that a new version mix is now on the website, and after listening to the Official Acappella version - I am 100% convinced that it is MJ on lead vocal with this James Porte guy on backing vocals. I now believe that the mix they put on stream initially was awful and as a result sounded nothing like MJ - But now do me a favour - Listen to the Official Acapella on youtube first http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVDANc0fyX0 - then listen to the new uploaded version of Breaking News - It is MJ

Ok - on monday i was 100% convinced that it wasnt MJ - now thursday -With the statement, Teddy Rileys admission that a new version mix is now on the website, and after listening to the Official Acappella version - I am 100% convinced that it is MJ on lead vocal with this James Porte guy on backing vocals. I now believe that the mix they put on stream initially was awful and as a result sounded nothing like MJ - But now do me a favour - Listen to the Official Acapella on youtube first http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVDANc0fyX0 - then listen to the new uploaded version of Breaking News - It is MJ

The exact opposite happened with me. After listening to the acapella I'm even MORE convinced they're lying to us.

I second this. I've been a bit of an ass hole many times. Then i've tried to behave myself, but allways reverted back.

I just feel so strongly about this that it gets the better of me sometimes.

I apologise if i've been over the top in the past, and apologise in advance in case I do it again.

Guys, I am not upset with the fans and their opinions, but I am angry with the people who caused this.

If Michael sang parts of BN and it was incomplete, simply bring in someone else with a different voice and turn the thing into a duet like 'The Girl Is Mine.' Once they bring in a sound-a-like to complete the tracks and say it is 100% Michael, then red flags keep going up in my head. If I let them get away with it, then they will, in the near future, find 3 line songs Michael sang for vocal practice, e.g., get an impersonator, add 3 verses to the 3 lines and claim it is an MJ song. People having gotten accustomed to hearing these types of arrangements will say "Yeah, a new Michael album, lets buy it to keep his legacy going." This is not what I want to happen. This guy lived for his music. He thanked God every time for his talent, according to people who worked with him. Let us not be disloyal to this.

Back