Official Statement From The Estate Of Michael Jackson To The Fans

The estate "following up" for any "new information" for any that "comes to light" just went out the window when they released the track list and announced the new single don't u all agree? Why even say something like that and then in less then 24hrs later announce that in fact BN will be on the album!? Hmmmf
this statement is nothing but LIES,glad you don't buy it

That's it, nice guy Steve has resigned! I'll still try to be tactful in my posts but in the immortal words of Popeye "Thatz allz I can standz...and I can't standz no more!"

I cannot believe the inanity that's still currently being posted by members such as Dave and Laura (you're damn right I've singled you guys out!).

The way you guys (amongst many others admittedly) are acting is based on willful ignorance. It certainly appears that you both are very miserable people who want to drag others down to your own sorry level. Stop trying to enforce this sheep mentality of boycotting the album based on your own paranoid delusions about 'Breaking News' that flies in the face of scientific evidence that is capably enforced by many respected professionals.

Just because you naysayers cannot recognize what a demo recording actually sounds like doesn't mean it's "fake" due to your own ignorance. Anyone expecting Mike's lead vocals in an unfinished demo recording to sound super crisp and polished like anything in his back catalogue that has undergone extensive post production work is ill-informed and uneducated.

You both should be ashamed at how you've both (again, amongst many others) have negatively influenced younger fans here with your phony 'fight for Michael's legacy' claptrap. **** it...buy the album, don't buy the album, I really could care less, but stop trying to convince eachother that you both have a case here when all evidence suggests you and all the other naysayers are whiny, bullying, spoilt pinheads.

Go to the head of the class, straight A'S.!!!! Don't go any where. Your brand of sanity is much needed.

Ok this is what I think, I don't like Breaking News because I think that Michael would not be happy with it and because James Porte vocals are on the track. We've tried to remove Cascio tracks but we've failed. Now is the time that we all unite and support this album, not because Teddy Riley, not because John McClain, not because Sony, but because of Michael Jackson and his legacy. His legacy must live and we are his soldiers of L.O.V.E. We have to make Hold My Hand number one all around the world and the album too. I invite all Michael Jackson fans to support this release no mather what we think about those 3 tracks. I realized that the tracklist is decided and there is nothing we can do to change it. I didn't change my mind about these songs but I changed my mind about this whole project and I am going to support it and I think we all should. I am going now to pre-order the album again and I invite you all to do the same. Lets bring Michael back on the top, lets make him Number One again!

Ok this is what I think, I don't like Breaking News because I think that Michael would not be happy with it and because James Porte vocals are on the track. We've tried to remove Cascio tracks but we've failed. Now is the time that we all unite and support this album, not because Teddy Riley, not because John McClain, not because Sony, but because of Michael Jackson and his legacy. His legacy must live and we are his soldiers of L.O.V.E. We have to make Hold My Hand number one all around the world and the album too. I invite all Michael Jackson fans to support this release no mather what we think about those 3 tracks. I realized that the tracklist is decided and there is nothing we can do to change it. I didn't change my mind about these songs but I changed my mind about this whole project and I am going to support it and I think we all should. I am going now to pre-order the album again and I invite you all to do the same. Lets bring Michael back on the top, lets make him Number One again!
I agree. We have to make this album number one and prove to the whole music world who is still king.

Even if estate are making mistakes sometimes, I will stand by it and have fairly positive attitude. Because in 10-15 years from now on, this Estate will get in the children of Michael Jackson hands.

I do not want to boycott, because Estate can lose massively, and God knows if they won't start taking it apart, or selling parts of the catalog.

I want the Estate to stay integral and even grow by the time it reaches in Prince, Paris & Blanket hands. :wub:

Also concentrating on positive is a win situation.... Always....
Protesting is very good too but only if it's effective, if it's short, revolutionary, gets imediat result. In a long run it's good purpose dissipates and only drama and destruction remains.

That's it, nice guy Steve has resigned! I'll still try to be tactful in my posts but in the immortal words of Popeye "Thatz allz I can standz...and I can't standz no more!"

I cannot believe the inanity that's still currently being posted by members such as Dave and Laura (you're damn right I've singled you guys out!).

The way you guys (amongst many others admittedly) are acting is based on willful ignorance. It certainly appears that you both are very miserable people who want to drag others down to your own sorry level. Stop trying to enforce this sheep mentality of boycotting the album based on your own paranoid delusions about 'Breaking News' that flies in the face of scientific evidence that is capably enforced by many respected professionals.

Just because you naysayers cannot recognize what a demo recording actually sounds like doesn't mean it's "fake" due to your own ignorance. Anyone expecting Mike's lead vocals in an unfinished demo recording to sound super crisp and polished like anything in his back catalogue that has undergone extensive post production work is ill-informed and uneducated.

You both should be ashamed at how you've both (again, amongst many others) have negatively influenced younger fans here with your phony 'fight for Michael's legacy' claptrap. **** it...buy the album, don't buy the album, I really could care less, but stop trying to convince eachother that you both have a case here when all evidence suggests you and all the other naysayers are whiny, bullying, spoilt pinheads.

We're each entitled to our own opinion and to express it. You're the one making a personal attack, calling me 'miserable', 'whiny', 'bullying' and, lest we forget, a 'spoiled pinhead'. I'm not the bully here.

As per the poll, 50% of people voting in this forum agree it's not Michael singing main vocals on Breaking News. I'm perfectly right to argue for what I believe in, as are you.

If I'm presented with evidence (such as a clip of the original, unedited demo) then I may well change my opinion.
Your idea of 'evidence' is a letter from a biased party describing their evidence. I prefer proof.

Please refrain from making further personal attacks on me. It only serves to weaken your already non-existant argument.

I didn't read ALL the posts here, obviously -- it's over 70 pgs. But I do have to address all the comments I have seen about fans that just "heard it's not MJ" from somewhere else and ran with that. Prior to Breaking News release, I hadn't been on this forum in weeks. I surely don't read TMZ, so I hadn't heard the rumors yet about Katie and the children's concerns about the vocals. I knew absolutely nothing except what was being promoted by Sony via Michael's official Twitter and Facebook. However, as soon as I heard the song at midnight, I was convinced that it was not all Michael. I do hear his voice in some of it, but mostly I don't. That was my opinion from being a fan for over 20 years. I called my best friend, who has also been an MJ fan her whole life but was just as clueless as I was. I didn't express any concerns about it, I just reminded her to listen to the new song. She was iffy about it too. I don't think it is the power of suggestion that has fans up in arms, it's the total lack of anything that sounds remotely like Michael Jackson for the majority of the song.

Okay, maybe the science is right and all these professionals who have worked with him for the past 30 years. I accept that. They're right. I'm an idiot. I'm wrong. I will totally accept that. But even if it is truly his vocals, Teddy Riley, for example, says Michael is one of his best friends. I assume some of the other guys he worked with feel the same. They should know just as well as we do that Michael would never let a track like BN be released, under any circumstance. It was probably in the Billie Jean home demo stages where he's not even saying real words half the time. If not mistaken, most artists have hundreds of songs that are fully recorded (not demos or snippets) that never make albums. Why not start with those? What is so special about Breaking News (except that it's supposedly the last music he was working on) or these other questionable tracks that it's worth a scandal and risking everything?

I actually like the song, regardless of who sings the lead vocals. I still plan to buy the album, which I would hope all fans to do. It's lose/lose for us anyway it goes. If the album flops, then that's going to tarnish his legacy (and the media will have a field day with it), which I know none of us wants to happen. If we buy it, then Sony, the estate, or whoever is in charge of future releases will continue to try to sell us anything. But when I put into perspective what's more important, to me, it's to continue to support Michael.

I agree with everything you said. Whether you think the lead on BN is Michael or not, it is obvious that many people, including music professionals, had doubts. It is unfortunate they put questionable songs on the album, because now people will wonder every time they release a project if it is really Michael.
But, I am definitely buying the album for the songs that are clearly Michael. Those of us who don't think Michael is singing the lead on BN, don't have to listen to it. Actually, I really like BN, so I am bummed that I haven't been able to convince myself that it is Michael singing the verses.
Either way, we have all made our voices heard and should continue to do so. But, imo boycotting the album also hurts Michael's estate (i.e. children) and all of the musicians, producers, etc that worked on the legit tracks. Another bummer, I love T. Riley's work and I hate that his songs are the ones that don't sound like Michael.

Steve,

while I agree with you regarding the topic of rough demo finished after someone's death, and the quality of the track resulting from those circumstances, I certainly do not agree with singling out specific people and calling them out in a way you did, in front of everyone else. You know (hopefully) that the basis of healthy criticism is to criticize the behavior in private, and not attacking the person that you have never met and have only seen posting stuff up on the Internet forum. "Very miserable people", "delusional", "naysayers", "uneducated", "whiny, bullying, spoilt pinheads", just to quote a few adjectives you decided to use for people you have never met... Is this really how you wanted to come across?

I agree with the fact that from now on what we are going to get is stuff that will be nowhere near the finished polished quality of MJ's previous tracks. At the same time, and I do not consider myself to be a naysayer, simply someone stating my opinion, I believe the main parts of leading vocal on Breaking News is not Michael Jackson, there's a bit of him here and there, but that's all, and if the track is being sold to me as "100% Michael Jackson", I will object. I did not make up my mind re the fact whether or not I am going to buy an album, and I think I need a good thinking session for that. Regarding the 'proof' that we were furnished with by Sony, I am suspicious about that too. Yes, they quote many professionals that worked with Michael, but on the other hand they do have an agenda (spent a lot of money on those songs already, no?). There are former executives of Sony coming out and presenting a different side of that story too, which I don't ignore (again, they have agenda as well, so it is difficult to make up my mind). But I have a right to believe all that i just wrote, and I have a right to express my opinion here, just like Dave, Laura or you do, without having to risk to be called "whiny" or "influencing younger fans".

Last edited:
We're each entitled to our own opinion and to express it. You're the one making a personal attack, calling me 'miserable', 'whiny', 'bullying' and, lest we forget, a 'spoiled pinhead'. I'm not the bully here.

As per the poll, 50% of people voting in this forum agree it's not Michael singing main vocals on Breaking News. I'm perfectly right to argue for what I believe in, as are you.

If I'm presented with evidence (such as a clip of the original, unedited demo) then I may well change my opinion.
Your idea of 'evidence' is a letter from a biased party describing their evidence. I prefer proof.

Please refrain from making further personal attacks on me. It only serves to weaken your already non-existant argument.

Really Laura?...Really? :)

My goodness, my "non-existent" argument eh? I think you're nose grew an inch with that one sweetheart. Oh no! did I actually use the word 'pinhead'!? Quick...someone call the hyperbole police!

Here's the deal, I wouldn't say what you've been doing is simply "expressing your opinion", you have been casually ignoring professionally supported evidence in favor of going around in circles with other misinformed, like-minded members trying to convince eachother that some merit exists within your exponentially daft conspiracy theories.

Whilst at the same time negatively influencing the much younger or less astute observer in a forceful manner. I realize that I may be displaying signs of what I'm openly panning, However, I forewarned anyone who cared to read my post that I wasn't going to be as reserved as I had been previously. This is due to frustration aimed at members like yourself who are willfully ignorant and suffer a troubling, seemingly irreversable case of tunnel-vision.

To coin a phrase, all the naysayers are "egging eachother on" in a desperate attempt at avoiding the inevitable...that is namely, the admittance that your paranoid delusions spawned from your own lack of education on what a demo track actually consists of and is.

In all honesty, I really hope that you Laura and so many others who are blatanty attempting to ruin this wonderful time for many fans with uneducated, speculatory, amateur observations can just sit back, relax and enjoy the damn music!

Also, admitting that your own opinions are formed by majority vote render what you have stated worthless.

Last edited:
Even if estate are making mistakes sometimes, I will stand by it and have fairly positive attitude. Because in 10-15 years from now on, this Estate will get in the children of Michael Jackson hands.

I do not want to boycott, because Estate can lose massively, and God knows if they won't start taking it apart, or selling parts of the catalog.

I want the Estate to stay integral and even grow by the time it reaches in Prince, Paris & Blanket hands. :wub:

I agree with your post.
However, I can't feel excited anymore.
And you know? This is killing me. I really, really wanted to enjoy this. I was looking forward to the announcement (you know, I was in that thread daily), I hated when they started all this talk about fake songs, I complained against the nasty move of Opis None and I truly expect MJ songs.

But that was not MJ and the doubt got into my heart. Now, even when I read all the statements and hear the acapella and all that stuff, my heart rejects the song. And sadly: it rejects the new album too.

I hate it. I hate things are like this, for I really wanted his new music, but only HIS music. I don't want demos turned into "modern songs" by some unknown singer, I want Michael. It's good they recognized the track had his and other's vocals, but the damage is done.

What can I do now? I have been listening to MJ all my life with my heart. I can't change that now, after so many years.

Agggg, this is so wrong :cry:

Really Laura?...Really? :)

My goodness, my "non-existent" argument eh? I think you're nose grew an inch with that one sweetheart. Oh no! did I actually use the word 'pinhead'!? Quick...someone call the hyperbole police!

Here's the deal, I wouldn't say what you've been doing is simply "expressing your opinion", you have been casually ignoring professionally supported evidence in favor of going around in circles with other misinformed, like-minded members trying to convince eachother that some merit exists within your exponentially daft conspiracy theories.

Whilst at the same time negatively influencing the much younger or less astute observer in a forceful manner. I realize that I may be displaying signs of what I'm openly panning, However, I forewarned anyone who cared to read my post that I wasn't going to be as reserved as I had been previously. This is due to frustration aimed at members like yourself who are willfully ignorant and suffer a troubling, seemingly irreversable case of tunnel-vision.

To coin a phrase, all the naysayers are "egging eachother on" in a desperate attempt at avoiding the inevitable...that is namely, the admittance that your paranoid delusions spawned from your own lack of education on what a demo track actually consists of and is.

In all honesty, I really hope that you Laura and so many others who are blatanty attempting to ruin this wonderful time for many fans with uneducated, speculatory, amateur observations can just sit back, relax and enjoy the damn music!

Also, admitting that your own opinions are formed by majority vote render what you have stated worthless.

I think you mean 'your'. Honestly, I saw my name but the rest just looked like 'blah blah blah blah blah'. The one thing you have right is that you're doing exactly what you're accusing me of - trying to influence people. There's no point in seeing who can shout the loudest. This is a forum - a place for discussion and debate. I wish I believed we were about to get an album that Michael would be proud of, but sadly, with the Cascio songs still in place I know that's not the case.

Cannot believe we have an album with fake tracks

im disgusted to be honest

to do this only a year or so after his death

and lie to his fans

i have no words

that is the truth

money money money

Well we have heard about scientific evidence, havent paritcularly seen any. We've seen none at all actually.

We've heard tons of demo's from Michael before and he has never sounded different on them.

Again, we havent seen any evidence. We've heard about there being evidence but they havent supplied it.

The younger fans have minds of their own as well, they can beleve whatever they want!

I actually think the people who have been saying it is MJ have been the most whiny and spoilt ones in all of this. You know, this post is one of the worst i've read for being whiny and offensive :S You could at least lead by example.

This forum will lose many members that cannot stand all this fighting and insulting.
The situation is insane and nobody has the guts to do something about it!
I am out of here for good!

Wonderful post!
Thanks for this!

I'm not understanding the reasoning behind calling specific people out. Pointless. Why are people so worried about what OTHER people think about the track? If you've already made up your mind, then you've already made up your mind... going back and forth with other people in an attempt to influence them or calling people names kinda makes you look a little crazy. Give it up. Act like adults.

Now that I have seen the tracklist and that these songs are still on the album. I intend to at least try my best to do something about it.

This whole thing is ridiculous......forget whether the songs are Michael's or not. He wouldnt want these songs on the album seeing how we all have reacted.

I think that you have a future as a writer of fiction. :rofl:
BTW, you forgot to mention Illuminati Lizards. :D

Hey, you know..thats actually not such a bad idea!!!

Maybe I could get a job writing statements for the Estate :)

Now that I have seen the tracklist and that these songs are still on the album. I intend to at least try my best to do something about it.

This whole thing is ridiculous......forget whether the songs are Michael's or not. He wouldnt want these songs on the album seeing how we all have reacted.

THIS^^^

Mike would not have wanted these songs an any album in this form Why is it so difficult for so many to grasp this concept?

THIS^^^

Mike would not have wanted these songs an any album in this form Why is it so difficult for so many to grasp this concept?

They cant see that we only have Michael's best interests at heart, so they dont take much we say seriously unfortunately.

The estate "following up" for any "new information" for any that "comes to light" just went out the window when they released the track list and announced the new single don't u all agree? Why even say something like that and then in less then 24hrs later announce that in fact BN will be on the album!? Hmmmf

On MJTunes it was announced as part of the new album in a statement posted on the 4th of November. http://www.mjtunes.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=137

I have respected Steve's posts for years, even in the past few days.

But in that post he was doing exactly what he was telling us not to do. In fact, it was worse than anything we have been saying.

They cant see that we only have Michael's best interests at heart, so they dont take much we say seriously unfortunately.

I have respected Steve's posts for years, even in the past few days.

But in that post he was doing exactly what he was telling us not to do. In fact, it was worse than anything we have been saying.

We all want Michael's continued success and for his reputation and legacy to remain intact. Some people think we're purposely trying to 'damage' MJ by saying these tracks are fake - this couldn't be more wrong.

We believe that to credit these cobbled together imposter tracks to Michael is what will damage his legacy. It is preposterous to include them on an album that bears his name. We're not expecting perfection - we know his magic touch is missing - but Michael wouldn't want anything attributed to him that was not his doing. He would be gutted.

This is like a political debate, lol. Two parties who both want the same thing, but very different opinions on how to get there.

We all want Michael's continued success and for his reputation and legacy to remain intact. Some people think we're purposely trying to 'damage' MJ by saying these tracks are fake - this couldn't be more wrong.

We believe that to credit these cobbled together imposter tracks to Michael is what will damage his legacy. It is preposterous to include them on an album that bears his name. We're not expecting perfection - we know his magic touch is missing - but Michael wouldn't want anything attributed to him that was not his doing. He would be gutted.

Yeah, I mean. Even if the songs did turn out to be real.

Why cant people see that MJ wouldnt want these songs on the album now anyway??? Why cant people see that, unless they just refuse to.

Good luck in fighting Sony on this :doh: I'm sure that they are going to listen to a know it all fan like yourself instead of the people who worked with MJ:dont_mention_it::rofl:

Err... :ermm:
So first it's "Oh, it's not Michael, it's an impostor! I want real 100% MJ, so I hate it."
Then it's "Okay, it's partly Michael! I still hate it, it's not 100% MJ."
Now it's "Okay, even if it's 100% Michael, I still hate it because he wouldn't want this on an album."
What next?

Let's face it, nothing we will get to hear in the future will be like MJ's past albums. Nothing! But that's the way it is. Michael is dead and I want to support his legacy by supporting his new albums. :)

i wonder how people know exactly what MJ would have wanted... did i miss a ''Meet MJ for a whole year and get to know him till his deepest thoughts'' event?
what you see is WHAT YOU THINK HE WOULD HAVE WANTED

but Michael wouldn't want anything attributed to him that was not his doing. He would be gutted.

Why cant people see that MJ wouldnt want these songs on the album now anyway??? Why cant people see that, unless they just refuse to.

when you look at it from that way

- Michael probably wouldn't want his rehearsal footage - where he wasn't giving 100% and holding back his voice- to be a feature film.
- Michael probably would want to have creative control over Cirque de Soleil show.
- and yes Michael probably wouldn't want this or that song for this and that reason as it wasn't a finished product of his perfectionism.

but Michael is dead.

It's not possible for him to come back from the grave to finish and oversee these projects.

So there's 2 options :

One is "do nothing" - no future project as it cannot have Michael's total perfection. Estate says " Sorry he's dead all we have is incomplete materials and these ideas but he's not here to finish them or provide feedback so we'll do nothing".

But honestly why would anyone want this for Michael? I mean Tupac had 6-7 albums released after his death, Beatles has several songs released 25 years after Lennon's death , Elvis is pretty much still relevant. Why this couldn't happen to Michael as well.

Two is "next best thing" - here no one is denying that if Michael was alive we would probably get a perfect performance of TII concerts, more vocals and finished songs from MJ but he's not here to do it anymore. So you get the next best thing. Perhaps no project is 100% Michael but it's still part Michael. And for some people even getting 1% of Michael is too valuable to dismiss and reject.

So I understand and respect your opinions but seriously please stop destroying this for the rest of the people.

Back