Oprah Remembers Michael Jackson

bild23.jpg

Stream:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_h1GndCV5C0

DOWNLOAD Audio + Video:
http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=76473

Could please anyone upload in rapidshare the video "oprah remembers Michael". If it is possible. He sounds so wonderful!!!! Wish he was still with us...

his voice man, his voice, his voiced has reduced my vocabulary to zero!

his voice = :wub:

Hey, it's up on Youtube right now, for anyone who wants to check it out. Hurry before Harpo gets it! LoL. =P

Edit: N/m, it's from the same source as my previous link (missing the beginning and seriously lagging. =/)

Last edited:
that thirty eight minute one isn't the full interview, and even there, i don't remember everything from that thirty eight minutes, but i do remember there was other stuff. it seems more respectful than i thought..this Oprah remembers Michael thing, but, then, the idea of someone's death tends to do that. anyway..i appreciate the cleanness of that episode of Oprah. when you get desperate for clean, non revised statements about Michael, you tend to say those things, such as, i'm glad for the respect in that episode. indeed, something Oprah said, stood out..no one has experienced that type of stardom[Michael's]before, so there is no blueprint on how to handle it. but that's no excuse for mal treatment. it only would say that if an alien came from outer space..or..anything new, happened, we'd have to be prepared for negative responses...but then that wouldn't reflect well on the negative people. and it's our nature to look at the negative more than the positive, so we would tend to think it's a bad reflection on humanity. but thank God for Michael's loving fanbase, though.

Last edited:
Okay:

-that was like 30 minutes of actual show and the rest was just advertisements. Terrible.
And I even missed the Human Nature clip. What a waste.

-the only redeeming thing about that was Michael himself.

-Oprah was cold and indifferent and the whole thing felt very forced.

-nothing enlightening or interesting or new was revealed

-don't understand how someone like Oprah can completely and totally ignore his humanitarian contributions.

-i'm glad she admitted that she would have felt better about doing this show if she had reached out to him at the time and really took the time to notice how lonely and sad he was, but she was too caught up in her big interview

Overall, very disappointing.

What I bolded in your quote is how I think Michael sized Oprah up as during the orginal interview.

She kept saying this was taped before the Child thingy. I think so that her fans who are haters will understand where she is coming at. She was smart in this show as she wants fans and haters of Michael to like her and watch her other shows. But I have no intention of looking at her shows. Michael would of like to see this kind of response when he was alive not when he is no more..At least he would of known that the media liked him a little..
too Late is what I have to say..
At least he got to read Aphrodite Jones book..Good on her!

She kept saying this was taped before the Child thingy. I think so that her fans who are haters will understand where she is coming at. She was smart in this show as she wants fans and haters of Michael to like her and watch her other shows. But I have no intention of looking at her shows. Michael would of like to see this kind of response when he was alive not when he is no more..At least he would of known that the media liked him a little..
too Late is what I have to say..
At least he got to read Aphrodite Jones book..Good on her!

I didn't watch the show. Who said Michael read Aphrodite's book?

she said the child thingy abt 3 times lol ... so what at the end of the day it happened but hey ho it ended the right way.

I really enjoyed the oprah show actually, i was emotional at the end the way she spoke honestly about the fact how she was more focused about actually being the one to say that she got the MJ interview and how she wished that she got to know him better.

I liked it and she did MJ proud

I taped this and will go watch it shortly.

But, taking a look at upcoming topics on her website such as prescription drug addiction and doctor shopping, I don't think she's shown her true colors on MJ yet, 'cause you all better believe his name will be front and centre!

Oh, I hope you're wrong about that but I have a sinking feeling that you may be right. If she does that then GRRR ( angry sound from me wanting to K-ll Oprah)

What was so unreleased about this footage at all? I also just don't like her...she didn't say about about her opinion on the allegations, but she did mention it three times and it was getting very annoying. I really get the impression she really isn't certain about his innocence...which is ridiculous, if she actually did some research,she'd see the big picture. She also overreacted about the alarm going off and her questions whether he was a virgin or not are just very unnesecary. No wonder Michael didn't like to give interviews.

No wonder Michael didn't like to give interviews.

Seriously.
I can't imagine how frustrating it must be to be basically a musical genius and instead of being asked questions about your writing process and inspiration and technique or your major contributions to charities or whatever, you get asked "are you a virgin?" and "why do have a thing with your crotch"?

Also, I have always felt like she could have worded that question to be less insulting.
"omg are you a virgin" just sounds like something 15 year old girls would ask each other at the mall.
Even "have you had sex" would have been better. The word "virgin" just has certain connotations.

Seriously.
I can't imagine how frustrating it must be to be basically a musical genius and instead of being asked questions about your writing process and inspiration and technique or your major contributions to charities or whatever, you get asked "are you a virgin?" and "why do have a thing with your crotch"?

Also, I have always felt like she could have worded that question to be less insulting.
"omg are you a virgin" just sounds like something 15 year old girls would ask each other at the mall.
Even "have you had sex" would have been better. The word "virgin" just has certain connotations.

or "will you ever get married"....? why wouldn't he?

if you think about it? the questions that were asked..... it was really a tabloid journalism interview right?

are you a virgin? who are you dating? will you get married? why are you sleeping in a oxygen chamber? blah blah blah.

then she had the audacity to say.... OH HE GOT DEFENSIVE..... about the "skin color changing".

oh, let me stop wasting my time on her.

Seriously.

It's kind of mind boggeling that somebody feels the need to ask something like that in front of millions of people. But I like your analogy, so very true. So, ahem, infantile.

And it really had no relation to anything. He should have asked back, what's your favorite thing in bed? Just to see how she like it.

And why did shen show it again? Just shows you still don't have an ounce of tact in yourself.

None of his interviewers really tried to listen or ask anything of real significance. Nobody seemed to resonate with him.

If I was Michael, I would have said excuse me? Then, I would have told her to get the hell out of my house.

It's kind of mind boggeling that somebody feels the need to ask something like that in front of millions of people. But I like your analogy, so very true. So, ahem, infantile.

And it really had no relation to anything. He should have asked back, what's your favorite thing in bed? Just to see how she like it.

And why did shen show it again? Just shows you still don't have an ounce of tact in yourself.

None of his interviewers really tried to listen or ask anything of real significance. Nobody seemed to resonate with him.

well..Oprah asking that question about virginity was a reflection of a usa media/society set of mores that truly reflect sadly on the nation. so many wanted her to ask him that question, in the usa..including her.

well..Oprah asking that question about virginity was a reflection of a usa media/society set of mores that truly reflect sadly on the nation. so many wanted her to ask him that question, in the usa..including her.

You know, what's going on in your head is one thing. It's entirely another to lose the filter between brain and mouth...our thoughts are ours and rightly so, our words can wreak havoc.

You know, what's going on in your head is one thing. It's entirely another to lose the filter between brain and mouth...our thoughts are ours and rightly so, our words can wreak havoc.

well..i don't know what you mean by that..but i will say this..it hasn't stopped. the same question was recently posed, in the usa, to a college football player, who is all the rage...his name is Tim Tebow. and the question was posed to him, last month.

What I mean is that we all can have our own thoughts that are not really appropriate to say to someones face but it's another story to blurb them- like Oprah did. I didn't mean you. I meant Oprah. I thought that really showed to what degree people thought this man was public property.

yeah..in an age where nothing is secret or respected, people were frustrated that MJ still remained a mystery. the reality is, he still is..a mystery. and that's a good thing. it's the one good thing that can be salvaged from this sad media state. and societal state. it's somewhat comforting that they ultimately didn't have the control they thought they had. that they didn't get what they wanted. that somehow..they don't have the last word. which could explain why they still malign him. and that is sad. but he still has the ultimate smell of a rose...and Oprah and the rest of them do not. they only made themselves look bad.

Back