Oprah Remembers Michael Jackson

i didnt think it was too bad but yeah it was kinda messed up that she made it about her getting the interview of a lifetime with Michael. looking b ack on that interview though it was truly memorable and one of the best ive seen in a long time even if it was a long time ago. she should have done more to make it a tribute instead of just showing the interview. but that was all she could do i guess. at least it was something but she didnt have to call it "Oprah Remmebers Michael Jackson". also why did she have to rude about the comment he made about reading his book? so what. he didnt have to say a damn thing he didnt want to that he felt should just be read about it instead. it did leave me in tears though. just looking back at Michael and his life just made me miss him even more.

Thank you.:clapping:

Oh Lord. If she could mention MJ's name in a "Down Low" episode, it wouldn't suprise me if she did it those upcoming ones. I hope she doesn't.

Nooo...Oprah did that? Now that is down right dirty nasty and mean, I wonder how she feels about ppl saying her and gail are gay? sicking woman.

I asked these questions a while back but was only told to click on the "go advanced" button. Problem is, that button doesn't show up for me.

What I've done since then is to just click on the "quote" button when I see a smilie I like, then I just look for whatever the word is to type for that smilie. If you want bold text, then type (you need to quote this post to see what I mean) bold. Just put the word or phrase you want bolded in the middle of the bracketed b's. Works the same for italicized words or underlined words. Hope that helps.

Aha. So I pretty much just gotta write out html. =P Gotcha. Yeah, no "go advanced" button for me either. Could it be my browser, maybe? I'm using Chrome. Maybe I'll try it using IE or Firefox. Also, dunno if you've seen this, but I just found it. It's a list of all the smilies and their codes! http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/misc.php?do=showsmilies Anywho, thanks. :flowers:

Even in a rehearsal a professional singer is not pitchy, he will "mark", but he will not be flat. Even in a rehearsal being flat is a big nono. You definitely don't do 100%, especially not in a walk through- but from what I gather about MJ is that he usually went on stage at the end, when everybody did the "real" rehearsals. Wasn't he said to usually train privately and then join people todwards the end of a production? I was performing for a long time and if we were flat, even in a rehearsal, anybody serious about music will make you stop and do it again.

Which is why I wonder what was going on. Was he not hearing himself? This is not an opera stage, you need electronic help to hear yourself- you don't hear yourself, you're off.

Intonation is what sets professional singers apart from laypeople, say on shows like American Idol. At that point in your professional career you don't go flat unless you not quite yourself. I can't wait for the whole movie, I wonder if we see why and what's going on.

If you look at the leaked Dangerous Tour rehearsals, you know it. Listen to "remember the time" there, intonation was not his issue, not for somebody who has been a professional singer all his life.

Yep. Glad you understood what I was saying. People get defensive, but it wasn't an insult, I wasn't criticizing him, lol, I was just concerned. It's not normal =/

Yep. Glad you understood what I was saying. People get defensive, but it wasn't an insult, I wasn't criticizing him, lol, I was just concerned. It's not normal =/

maybe he was out of tune because he just didn't really care at that moment. But it is weird because michael was known for having perfect pitch. I have a good ear, and have also performed before and even when i sing regularly i never go out of tune unless i'm not sure on how the song goes. I noticed this too when i saw him singing "Human nature i was like....???? and michael being a perfectionist, it's weird he would go out of tune. He must have been out of it or very very tired. And judging by what happened the 25th, he could have been tired =(

Ok, so it wasn't exactly a TRIBUTE to him. More like Oprah critiquing herself on how well she did the interview (which sounded like she didn't do a good job at preparing) and critiquing Michael's answers at the time. At least she was honest and she only spoke of what she knew through his answers. She didn't act like she had this secret insight to his life....and I really did appreciate her not delving into what was said off camera. That was conversation between her and Mike that was off camera for a reason, and she respected his privacy in that way.

People've been trying and Harpo's been gettin' 'em. =( Even deleting people's channels because of it! =/ But if anyone feels like uploading it here...:pleased:

or in megaupload, one of those things. Or maybe don't but oprah, michael jackson, or harpo anywhere in the title, tags etc. Just put interview for MJJC something like that =)

please =)

or in megaupload, one of those things. Or maybe don't but oprah, michael jackson, or harpo anywhere in the title, tags etc. Just put interview for MJJC something like that =)

please =)

Exactly... Make a secret code name only us fans here will know of on YouTube like MJJC Part 1, etc.. Yay smart thinking! Please someone! xox

Sorry, guys, I've been following MJ for a long time and I know that he has always been rail thin, but that clip is at a whole new level. If he was around 110lbs I would not at all be surprised. The signs were there, and people ignored it.

I don't think he necessarily was doing anything different for this tour, it's just that he was getting up there in age and always put so much into his tours and planning that his body simply couldn't handle it. He's gaunt.

Sorry, guys, I've been following MJ for a long time and I know that he has always been rail thin, but that clip is at a whole new level. If he was around 110lbs I would not at all be surprised. The signs were there, and people ignored it.

I don't think he necessarily was doing anything different for this tour, it's just that he was getting up there in age and always put so much into his tours and planning that his body simply couldn't handle it. He's gaunt.

I agree. I don't understand how people within his group for this Tour kept stating how fit and healthy he looks?

Sure, his energy levels were up there but after all, he is the greatest entertainer in history! If I was within his team there is no way I would of ignored his weight issues. Ive never seen Michael look so skinny and we all know he always has been a slim man but not in an unhealthy way.

Even so, its irrelevant to what killed him. Being skinny did not kill him but it was a sign that he obviously wasn't healthy and a part of being healthy is getting 8 hours of sleep every night.

There's a lot I've been wanting to say, but I never know how people are going to take it, so I just keep quiet, but now that you've said it, I'll agree, lol. When I watched the trailer the first couple times, I paused to look at like every still, cause the clips were all so short. He was not looking normal "MJ thin", even at his thinnest. =/

PS - Sorry for posting like every 23 seconds, I'm bored, I'll stop. :bored:

He certainly is in some of the photos. I recall Kai Chase saying when she came back after being away for a month that he was thinner. And remember he said that he would lose 5 lbs in sweat when performing. This is what Joe kept talking a bout in relation to his ability to do 50 shows but everyone wanted to act like he didn't know what he was talking about, especially DiLeo and AEG.

:rofl:

I talked about this whole thing last night with my mom, about how that statement was put out about Oprah not dedicating a show to MJ, and then all of a sudden, she changes her mind, possibly for ratings. I guess it got to her, because today, while we're watching Oprah talk about how she "got" the friendship between Michael and Liz, my mom pipes up from out of nowhere:
"Nobody cares if YOU got it." I looked at her like, "What?" She says, "Sorry, I'm just down on Oprah right now." :lol:

Hahah..ur mum sounds cool!

Oh absolutely. When you come from a professional background yourself you just kind of know that you don't get where he was if intonation were his beef. The guy trained all his life.

I honestly never liked Human Nature life though- anybody remember Live in Bucharest? Did they have technical issues? Everyone was off and Michael was still beating them buy miles. I love the the wish to combine dance and live singing in Human Nature but at the en of sections it gets flat.

I actually admire Michael very much for his pitch and his abilities that he has that took some of us musicians years to achieve with very formal training. For that alone I'll bow forever to the man.

I also wonder what effect repeated surgeries will have on you. I remember having had a simple tonsillectomy and surgery on my nasal passages to help me breath- after the tonsillectomy I had to completely relearn air flow, especially in my throat. All of a sudden my voice was stuck in the back of my throat. So I wonder what kind of issues he might have had. Also the vocal cords of a 50 year old look and behave very differently from a 20 year old man. That's just a fact of life unfortunately.

I am more surprised as well.

maybe he was out of tune because he just didn't really care at that moment. But it is weird because michael was known for having perfect pitch. I have a good ear, and have also performed before and even when i sing regularly i never go out of tune unless i'm not sure on how the song goes. I noticed this too when i saw him singing "Human nature i was like....???? and michael being a perfectionist, it's weird he would go out of tune. He must have been out of it or very very tired. And judging by what happened the 25th, he could have been tired =(

Yeah that's odd :(
I'm a singer too, and like you I can't really choose to be flat... unless I actually dont know how the songs goes or I cant hear myself the pitch is generally fine. Maybe they were having tech issues? But we all know that Mike can sing great a cappella even, so his pitch is usually spot on...

I think you're right that he could have been exhausted - my music teacher told me that tiredness actually throws your aural skills off... and well we know he didnt sleep well at all :(

I just saw today's show. I loved how she said she "really, really, really liked Michael". That she could have been friends with him. :)

I just saw today's show. I loved how she said she "really, really, really liked Michael". That she could have been friends with him. :)

Yeh she could have then she decied to bad mouth him all the time!!

Oh he doesn't sound that bad when he started singing Human Nature. Then they transitioned him singing at a later time (in a different outfit) and he sounded a bit smoother. He just sounded a bit tired with all that jerking around.lol

And he does look skinny, but then his outfits in the clip are so tight. His pants look like tights.lol.

His face however is not as gaunt as I have seen it. In fact it isn't gaunt at all, it looks good.

I just couldn't watch these interviews at all, because i would prefer him being here. But God always has his plan. C'est la vie.

I also wonder what effect repeated surgeries will have on you. I remember having had a simple tonsillectomy and surgery on my nasal passages to help me breath- after the tonsillectomy I had to completely relearn air flow, especially in my throat. All of a sudden my voice was stuck in the back of my throat. So I wonder what kind of issues he might have had. Also the vocal cords of a 50 year old look and behave very differently from a 20 year old man. That's just a fact of life unfortunately.

I am more surprised as well.
Yeah, the surgery thing is so weird. It just depends on your anatomy. I had a tonsillectomy in 2005 and I was really worried because I had a Carnegie Hall performance coming up in a few months. (Side note: I was at the final dress for this when I got the news of the acquittal. :victory:) Anyway, my voice teacher said that some people lose notes, some people gain, it just depends. After I healed, I was delighted to find that I had an additional step and a half at the top =) Especially, considering I had such a difficult time with the surgery. They went to take my tonsils out and were like "Are you sure you haven't already had them out?" Apparently, due to recurrent tonsillitis, they were really tiny and scarred. =( It's weird how differently the same procedure can affect people. At least it wasn't a Julie Andrews story. =(

Watched it and Oprah might not have "remembered" Michael the way I wanted but she didn't disrespect him or speak negatively of him.
This honestly looking at the situation is about the only thing she could do if she was going to do something at all, which she didn't have to do.

She wasn't his friend, and she has said the allegations made her pause.... if she would have done a show heaping praise she would have look like a hypocrite.

I don't have a gripe about anything she said about MJ just wished she talked less about herself because it became less Oprah remembers MJ and more Oprah remembers Oprah.
or she could have talked about him as a person off-camera etc...
I don't think she owns the footage so she couldn't put any bts footage in

I guess my expectations were low

Back