Oprah Remembers Michael Jackson

We have to remember than most young folks have never seen this interview. You should see the love for MJ popping up on Twitter because of this re-airing. Let's NOT re-write history. After this interview in 1993 MJ's popularity SOARED with positivity. Dangerous even climbed back into the Top 10 album charts. Oprah actually got criticism for this interview in 1993 because many people felt she was soft on MJ and just sat their believing everything he said.

If she really said he liked him, well i like her a little, but WHY THEY DIDNT SHOW THE BEAT BOX FOR WHO IS IT, it was the best thing of that entire interview, SHOW HOW AWESOMELY TALENTED HE WAS, sensitive persons are more likely to be talented geniuses, that was Michaels case, thats why he couldnt cope with the maked up accusations, he was so sensible that he would have to take anything cause his mind was going crazy, SHOW HIS SENSITIVITY TRU HIS TALENT, it his REAL LEGACY

guys I timer recorded this on my PVR from my PC to record the Oprah show at 4pm. I come home after 5pm notice the recording didn't happen. Realized I had set my PC's clock 3 days behind. yikes! :(

What did i miss, was this Oprah show worth the recording??

Human Nature clip was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to short, need to be at least a minute.

We have to remember than most young folks have never seen this interview. You should see the love for MJ popping up on Twitter because of this re-airing. Let's NOT re-write history. After this interview in 1993 MJ's popularity SOARED with positivity. Dangerous even climbed back into the Top 10 album charts. Oprah actually got criticism for this interview in 1993 because many people felt she was soft on MJ and just sat their believing everything he said.

I agree with those points that the actual 1993 interview was in general a good thing for Michael. Regardless, she had a chance to be a friend of Michael and chose not to. She had a chance to support him and she chose not to. That being said, I am keeping the faith that she will have future shows about showing who the true Michael was.

I am sure she was not able to 'choose' what clip to play, she probably was given the clip by Sony.........it would be more their decision what to show prior to the film's release.

Ah, thanks for the input. Yeah...That makes more since...LoL. =P

Hey cool !! Is the oprah MJ special done yet ?? Is there someone who can upload it on rapidshare or megaupload ??? PLEASE :)

yes its done
and I think someone will upload it soon on youtube
and if you want to download it you can find it in the 2000 watts forum

i found this link on et website :yes: so here is link :)

Oprah Winfrey Reflects on Her Interview with Michael Jackson

Oprah Winfrey referred to Michael Jackson as "profoundly lonely" as she reminisced about her time spent on Neverland Ranch when she interviewed the King of Pop in 1993.
"I sensed from him how lonely it is. ... How lonely it is at the top," Oprah said while watching her interview with Jackson.
The talk show host also referred to the music icon as "very likable. After this interview, I really thought I could be his friend. ... He was as honest as he knew how to be and as forthcoming as he wanted to be," Oprah reflected.
In the 1993 interview that re-aired on "The Oprah Show" on Wednesday, Jackson opened up about everything from his plastic surgery, the abuse he allegedly suffered from his father Joe, his love interests and his purpose in life. "My purpose, I think, is to give in the best way I can," Jackson told Oprah, then going on to talk about his love for music and performing.
"I was surprised he was willing to go that far," Oprah said of the interview. "I see now how profoundly lonely he was. I heard and sensed it then but I didn't feel how lonely he was."
Jackson said of his father in the interview, "I love my father but I don't know him. ... He was very strict, very hard, very stern." The King of Pop also revealed that he would become physically sick at just the thought of his father and that feeling carried into his adulthood. He continued to apologize to Joe Jackson throughout the interview over the comments he was making. "Please don't be mad at me Joseph," Jackson said to the camera.
Oprah recalled feeling Jackson's "sense of fear and sadness" when he was talking about his childhood.
The talk show host disclosed how she will remember Jackson, saying, "He was a person who was passionate about life. He was really passionate about his work."
One of the last questions Oprah asked Jackson in the 1993 interview was how he would like to be perceived. Jackson answered, "I just simply want to be loved wherever I go."

here is link:http://www.etonline.com/news/2009/09/78678/index.html

I agree with those points that the actual 1993 interview was in general a good thing for Michael. Regardless, she had a chance to be a friend of Michael and chose not to. She had a chance to support him and she chose not to. That being said, I am keeping the faith that she will have future shows about showing who the true Michael was.
I have to say that maybe Michael and her tried to be friends but as the two were hard working people couldnt make it, i hope she one day shows the sing and Beat Box for Who Is It part, really i hope she does, Oprah you got to show it, show it

it was rehearsal what did you expect?
he doesn't give his all in rehearsal
I thought it was amazing

I don't mean to offend, I'm a lover, not a hater! =)
It just worries me.
Intonation is not the same as vocal quality. It's a physiological trait, not something that comes and goes depending on your mental focus or alertness, unless you're someone who has issues with it. He's not one of those people. I've never heard him pitchy before. It's worrying because medication can throw off your inner ear. =/ Anyway, that's all. I just can't wait to see the movie. The trailer looks awesome. =)

Well that was a waste of my time.....
But I'm happy that Oprah decided to devote an entire hour for Michael though.

Oprah Winfrey referred to Michael Jackson as "profoundly lonely" as she reminisced about her time spent on Neverland Ranch when she interviewed the King of Pop in 1993.
"I sensed from him how lonely it is. ... How lonely it is at the top," Oprah said while watching her interview with Jackson.
The talk show host also referred to the music icon as "very likable. After this interview, I really thought I could be his friend. ... He was as honest as he knew how to be and as forthcoming as he wanted to be," Oprah reflected.
In the 1993 interview that re-aired on "The Oprah Show" on Wednesday, Jackson opened up about everything from his plastic surgery, the abuse he allegedly suffered from his father Joe, his love interests and his purpose in life. "My purpose, I think, is to give in the best way I can," Jackson told Oprah, then going on to talk about his love for music and performing.
"I was surprised he was willing to go that far," Oprah said of the interview. "I see now how profoundly lonely he was. I heard and sensed it then but I didn't feel how lonely he was."
Jackson said of his father in the interview, "I love my father but I don't know him. ... He was very strict, very hard, very stern." The King of Pop also revealed that he would become physically sick at just the thought of his father and that feeling carried into his adulthood. He continued to apologize to Joe Jackson throughout the interview over the comments he was making. "Please don't be mad at me Joseph," Jackson said to the camera.
Oprah recalled feeling Jackson's "sense of fear and sadness" when he was talking about his childhood.
The talk show host disclosed how she will remember Jackson, saying, "He was a person who was passionate about life. He was really passionate about his work."
One of the last questions Oprah asked Jackson in the 1993 interview was how he would like to be perceived. Jackson answered, "I just simply want to be loved wherever I go."

Thanks, though is sad, Michael was lonely, i am not trying to say anything about his family, but where was Katherine, where was Janet, i wont say it about Joe, cause he never really cared, or if he did he cared cause he was his golden child, i mean for the money, and well the other sibling were i dont know, but how nobody noticed his addiction??? were they blind???

It is now showing here in California. It started with him singing Why! Why!
Oprah brought up the Child Molestation thing..Why did she do that?

Oprah's phat.

Sorry, I mean fat.

:rofl:

I really really hate to say this, but....he was flat in the "Human Nature" clip... His intonation is *never* off. That's very disconcerting. =/ And I'm not quite sure why she chose that clip over all the others.

I noticed that too. Hey, it happens sometimes. I remember him being slightly off during Human Nature on Live in Bucharest as well.

For us fans I don't think we're ever gonna be happy with people unless they love Michael as much as we do.

I really did not think that the show was that bad at all. It turned out better than I was expecting. Other than her mentioning the allegations, anyway. I also wish she had shown the "Who Is It" beat-boxing.

I talked about this whole thing last night with my mom, about how that statement was put out about Oprah not dedicating a show to MJ, and then all of a sudden, she changes her mind, possibly for ratings. I guess it got to her, because today, while we're watching Oprah talk about how she "got" the friendship between Michael and Liz, my mom pipes up from out of nowhere:
"Nobody cares if YOU got it." I looked at her like, "What?" She says, "Sorry, I'm just down on Oprah right now." :lol:

I read people's comments on here, and the show was still on when I got home, so I watched the last 25 minutes of it. She did seem to be talking a lot about how SHE did in the interview and what SHE thought, and it seemed a little negative. But reading this, it sounds really good. Nothing negative in there, which is great. I do like how she ended it, even though I was crying AGAIN, hearing him talk about wanting to be loved and her saying he was profoundly lonely and then Gone Too Soon. I guess she has also felt guilty and that she should have done something. It makes me so sad because I think that if all these people had shown him love, concern, caring and support, it might have made a difference in his life. At least he would have been happier while he was alive.

Micheal wasn't perfect because he was under a microscpoe all the bloody time..How can you be allowed to be a human being when your every breath is recorded and talked about by the likes of Talk show hosts,tabloids and Diane D type people.
Michael was human People don't ever forget that..He is allowed to make mistakes..that is why we love him so. He did everything for us Fans, even when he was suffering from dancer's feet he came out and danced for us..he never showed us that he was in extreme pain.
What has Oprah done, but asked him embarrassing questions. He is our Icon and should be treated that way..
The way she speaks it is like she has a hidden agenda attached to her qusetions..

Agree. Did she ever ask sexual questions to Tom Cruise or John Travolta?
Don't think so.

Lol ok the little tii clip was fab Michael looked and SOUNDED amazing. You don't give everything in rehearsal you give everything to everyone the first show.

As for the Oprah show. It wasn't as bad as I had thought it was going to be. She made light of a lot of stuff that everyone would joke about. As for his translucent apperence Oprah said well in all honesty that is what SHE saw. We can't discredit her because i think this was a good show. i loved it she didnt disrespect him in anyway. She liked him she really liked him. lol
But like we all know Tabloids make ish up and call it fact. We should know better then to believe everything that is in print. I Love Michael I love every answer he gave her. Even the one that bugged the ish out of her "Read My Book." lol Way to go Mike!

Long Live The King Of Pop!

I taped this and will go watch it shortly.

But, taking a look at upcoming topics on her website such as prescription drug addiction and doctor shopping, I don't think she's shown her true colors on MJ yet, 'cause you all better believe his name will be front and centre!

How can u judge rehersal clips? LOL Practice makes perfect! That's why u have rehersals in the first place! Plus, he died 3 weeks before the concert series started! Obviously he would have rehersed until the day of!

Anywayz, Oprah said she could have been his friend after that interview but as we all know after the allegations she obviously chose not to be. Because it gave her pause....well now she fasts forward to the future and pretty much regrets it....little to freakin late, lady O!

I taped this and will go watch it shortly.

But, taking a look at upcoming topics on her website such as prescription drug addiction and doctor shopping, I don't think she's shown her true colors on MJ yet, 'cause you all better believe his name will be front and centre!

And here we go.....post allegations all over again.

I did not watch the Oprah crapfest.

For what?

More garbage?

Why doesn't she help in putting MJ's killers to jail instead and donate to MJ charities?

I didn't watch the show.........

1-If her show was completely negative, then she needs to get a life, and come back to her boring subjects and shows.

2-If he show was not negative and not positive then its really unnecessary, I don't need her opinion on anything.

3- if the show was positive the she is really a two-faced hypocrite because after his death she is singing a different tone.

It a no win situation for me, she is already on my shitty black list.

Thanks for the Human Nature clip TSCM. :) Can always count on you! I've no interest in watching Oprah.

IMO, I think that is a clip from the movie and not a trailer. I also think Michael was not 'rehearsing' the song, but was probably figuring out blocking and some technical stuff with the song since he was discussing something with Kenny beforehand.

Also, remember what Travis Payne said. Michael was taking baby steps in building his voice and performance level again. Who knows when this clip was taped, could have been in the earlier stages.

I thought it was very lame and cold. No true feeling or compassion behind the show. No mention whatsoever of Mike's good deeds. Absolutely nothing. Why do the show if you do not like the man? Even mighty Oprah has to do it for ratings! Pathetic really and she portrays herself as a woman of principle who wouldn't do anything that she doesn't believe in and goes and does a very lame and cold show about someone she obviously hates. Just look at Oprah with Whitney for example and how she is when Mike is the subject.

Back