Oprah Remembers Michael Jackson

I taped this and will go watch it shortly.

But, taking a look at upcoming topics on her website such as prescription drug addiction and doctor shopping, I don't think she's shown her true colors on MJ yet, 'cause you all better believe his name will be front and centre!

Princess, if this is true it may be possible that she is trying to bring more awareness to this horrible thing... But it better not portray Michael badly:(.

I didn't watch the show.........

1-If her show was completely negative, then she needs to get a life, and come back to her boring subjects and shows.

2-If he show was not negative and not positive then its really unnecessary, I don't need her opinion on anything.

3- if the show was positive the she is really a two-faced hypocrite because after his death she is singing a different tone.

It a no win situation for me, she is already on my shitty black list.

LoL. =P

I know everyone is very angry at Oprah, and I am too, but do we really know how she feels deep down about Michael? I hope one day she will talk about the real Michael Jackson. I have to keep the faith :)

Last edited:
Now we've listened to Oprah talk about herself and her opinions, when are we going to see the "TRIBUTE to MJ"?? That was it?? Geeee!! Why would anyone be interested in seeing Oprah sit on a sofa and talk about herself and only show a small portion of what was filmed of MJ? She didn't plan well for this either. Did she do this for her ratings which are declining? If so, she did a poor job. It wasn't the most awful thing I've seen or heard but it was below what I expected. I am however very happy that she gave him some type of tribute. I also noted her regret about not reaching out to him. Madonna said it well when she said that she and almost everyone else abandoned him and turned their back to him. I know in my heart that Michael knew that we, the fans, loved him always, through thick and thin & through the good times and the bad times. It does hurt me to know though that he felt that abandonment and lonliness. He didn't deserve that at all. God Bless MJ.

Princess, if this is true it may be possible that she is trying to bring more awareness to this horrible thing... But it better not portray Michael badly:(.

Exactly. I'm all for awareness and I think the topic is important, but leave MJ (and other people) out. :( . This goes for all tv shows. If they wants to invite people who've been there and recovered, then go ahead, I think that's a great idea. But no need to exploit people who've passed on under the guise of a "cautionary tale." That's just tacky and rude. Hopefully she's going to take the high road. =/

Kudos to those of you who had the guts to watch this. I despise Oprah and I can't watch her. I knew for certain what this was going to be when they showed clips of her on the entertainment shows last week discussing her program on Michael. She made sure to keep saying "at the time". Last week she stated "At the time I had compassion for him" and then made mention that anyone accused of child abuse gives her pause. Aaarggghhh!!!!

She was cold and indifferent in those clips and apparently nothing changed in the show you all saw today.

She is so full of herself...really.

Kudos to those of you who had the guts to watch this. I despise Oprah and I can't watch her. I knew for certain what this was going to be when they showed clips of her on the entertainment shows last week discussing her program on Michael. She made sure to keep saying "at the time". Last week she stated "At the time I had compassion for him" and then made mention that anyone accused of child abuse gives her pause. Aaarggghhh!!!!

She was cold and indifferent in those clips and apparently nothing changed in the show you all saw today.

She is so full of herself...really.

I agree 100%. This show was for her own selfish self.

I know everyone is very angry at Oprah, and I am too, but do we really know how she feels deep down about Michael? I hope one day she will talk about the real Michael Jackson. I have to keep the faith :)

Whats so funny Michaela ?

Oh, I just agree is all, haha.
I didn't watch the show.........

2-If he show was not negative and not positive then its really unnecessary, I don't need her opinion on anything.

LoL. Pretty much.

She said 4 (??) times in the beginning that she interviewed him before the "allegations"- We got it, Oprah. We got that you would not want anything to do with him after those "allegations". She was drumming this "I interviewed him before the allegation" about 4 times, thanks for clarifying your stand.:cry::cry:

All she did was sit on a couch and recall how she was just flying from segment to segment hoping her career doesn't get ruined. Yeah, thanks!

She replayed a couple things from the 1993 interview, great examples for not "getting" the person you're interviewing. She re-aired that stupid "Are you are virgin?" If I had asked that kind of WTF question I would certainly not bring it up again to avoid for my bad taste to be seen.

The best thing about today's show was the story how her make-up artist back then ate so much cotton candy, hot dogs etc that he/she had to be hospitalized. That some f-bombs were dropped when the alarm went off etc.

Nothing new, no depth. It just left me with the impression that she wanted to clarify she was not his friend, period. That came across very well.:(

I too hope that she maybe has come to the same conclusion we have, she's just afraid to say anything that might rock the boat. I mean, when you're as big as she is you can't really voice strong convictions. You'll risk losing your audience. I object to this morally because I feel MJ deserves to be fought for, no matter what the cost. However, I understand, if this is the case for her.

I too hope that she maybe has come to the same conclusion we have, she's just afraid to say anything that might rock the boat. I mean, when you're as big as she is you can't really voice strong convictions. You'll risk losing your audience. I object to this morally because I feel MJ deserves to be fought for, no matter what the cost. However, I understand, if this is the case for her.

She endorsed Barack Obama, I don't thing that taking a stand for the dead Michael Jackson is going to hurt her that much.

If she can let Whitney Houston go on, than she can do more than she did with this Michael Jackson, sit on the couch rememberance.

I watched the first 10 min. or so of it...then I said to myself why give her my rating??? Then my thought went to what you stated,,,,She better portray Michael in a positive way....I hope she did.

She endorsed Barack Obama, I don't thing that taking a stand for the dead Michael Jackson is going to hurt her that much.

If she can let Whitney Houston go on, than she can do more than she did with this Michael Jackson, sit on the couch rememberance.

I was surprised to see her endorse him.

Michael is much more controversial than Whitney. For many people, he's bound to his tabloid persona. Whitney was able to step out of that after she got clean. Child abuse allegations are, I'd say, *the worst* thing to have shadowing your name.

Don't get me wrong, I think he deserved more from her, considering the position she holds. I don't particularly like or respect her. I'm kind of on the fence, I teeter back and forth. Honestly, I haven't watched or read enough to form a real opinion on her as a whole, it's just been on a case by case basis. I just like to hope, in the back of my mind, that she has an excuse. =/

:clapping::clapping::clapping:
Now we've listened to Oprah talk about herself and her opinions, when are we going to see the "TRIBUTE to MJ"?? That was it?? Geeee!! Why would anyone be interested in seeing Oprah sit on a sofa and talk about herself and only show a small portion of what was filmed of MJ? She didn't plan well for this either. Did she do this for her ratings which are declining? If so, she did a poor job. It wasn't the most awful thing I've seen or heard but it was below what I expected. I am however very happy that she gave him some type of tribute. I also noted her regret about not reaching out to him. Madonna said it well when she said that she and almost everyone else abandoned him and turned their back to him. I know in my heart that Michael knew that we, the fans, loved him always, through thick and thin & through the good times and the bad times. It does hurt me to know though that he felt that abandonment and lonliness. He didn't deserve that at all. God Bless MJ.

.....Oprah has done some good shows that have helped people and informed people on many subjects...Havent yet watch her show on MJ, hmm..

but with that said...

she is selfish, self absorbed, self serving...etc. ..I mean who the f*ck has a magazine with ONLY her picture on it! and then its like someone won the Megamillions jackpot if they get the "coveted" spot on the cover (along with Oprah mind you) I mean...am I the only person who notices this?

Are there other magazines that have the proprieter/owner of the mag perpetually placed on the cover of the mag? Is the mag a monthly tribute to her? why the hell does she have to be on every darn cover?? Its something that seems so small and silly but I was in the walmart and i saw her face on the mag in the check out counter and i just wanted to rip it up and slap her face! It irritated me, and it just clicked in my head why is she always on the cover? Selfish, thats why. It all about HER. not about others,helping others, reaching out to others, i think Oprah has lost her way over the years. (I also have issues with her "church of Oprah"/Eckhart tole stuff but that is another personal issue)

So i am gonna keep my expectations low for the show, it will be about HER not Mike.

Anyway that is my rant about how I feel about Oprah, as a person she is lacking honor severely.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Download MJ Rehearsing Human Nature Live 2009

Here is an excerpt as shown on Oprah's September 16th show which features Michael Jackson rehearsing dance moves and singing live for Human Nature.

mj_hn_live_2009.jpg

Download: http://rapidshare.com/files/281055652/mj_hn_live_2009.avi.html

Stream: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8e_BH9Q0geE

Thank you.:clapping:

I taped this and will go watch it shortly.

But, taking a look at upcoming topics on her website such as prescription drug addiction and doctor shopping, I don't think she's shown her true colors on MJ yet, 'cause you all better believe his name will be front and centre!

Oh Lord. If she could mention MJ's name in a "Down Low" episode, it wouldn't suprise me if she did it those upcoming ones. I hope she doesn't.

Here is an excerpt as shown on Oprah's September 16th show which features Michael Jackson rehearsing dance moves and singing live for Human Nature.

mj_hn_live_2009.jpg

Thanks, TSCM for the downloads and youtube streams. Your hard work is always appreciated, dude!

Damn, he was singing LIVE there. Looove hearing his voice. Sounds good to me but even if I thought it was flat, music to the ears. And he did seem to be a bit playful in the part where he's wearing black. Man, this is hard. When you first watch the footage it's like "eeeee!" and then when it's over it's like :weeping: Then :aggressive: And repeat.

As for the Oprah show, sounds like there wasn't much to miss. Thanks to all for taking the time to post the updates. :flowers:

Thank you so much... I didnt watch the show but they repeat here at night.
Should I watch it?

Thanks, TSCM for the downloads and youtube streams. Your hard work is always appreciated, dude!

Damn, he was singing LIVE there. Looove hearing his voice. Sounds good to me but even if I thought it was flat, music to the ears. And he did seem to be a bit playful in the part where he's wearing black. Man, this is hard. When you first watch the footage it's like "eeeee!" and then when it's over it's like :weeping: Then :aggressive: And repeat.

As for the Oprah show, sounds like there wasn't much to miss. Thanks to all for taking the time to post the updates. :flowers:

I'm still quite new...where do you get the adorable smilies at? Is there a rich text editor I'm missing or something, 'cause I see people highlighting and italicizing and all sorts of crazy things, LoL. Surely they're not all writing out html (?) =P

IMO, I think that is a clip from the movie and not a trailer. I also think Michael was not 'rehearsing' the song, but was probably figuring out blocking and some technical stuff with the song since he was discussing something with Kenny beforehand.

You are right that Michael was blocking. Taj said this when he testified in probate court. He said that his uncle Mike was a perfectionsit and would not want anyone to see his rehearsals because from what he saw Michael was doing blocking and that's not something the public would normally get a chance to see.

.....Oprah has done some good shows that have helped people and informed people on many subjects...Havent yet watch her show on MJ, hmm..

but with that said...

she is selfish, self absorbed, self serving...etc. ..I mean who the f*ck has a magazine with ONLY her picture on it! and then its like someone won the Megamillions jackpot if they get the "coveted" spot on the cover (along with Oprah mind you) I mean...am I the only person who notices this?

Are there other magazines that have the proprieter/owner of the mag perpetually placed on the cover of the mag? Is the mag a monthly tribute to her? why the hell does she have to be on every darn cover?? Its something that seems so small and silly but I was in the walmart and i saw her face on the mag in the check out counter and i just wanted to rip it up and slap her face! It irritated me, and it just clicked in my head why is she always on the cover? Selfish, thats why. It all about HER. not about others,helping others, reaching out to others, i think Oprah has lost her way over the years. (I also have issues with her "church of Oprah"/Eckhart tole stuff but that is another personal issue)

So i am gonna keep my expectations low for the show, it will be about HER not Mike.

Anyway that is my rant about how I feel about Oprah, as a person she is lacking honor severely.

so we basically sat through about 45 mins... of Oprah talking about herself.
how her career could have been ruined if the "live interview" had not gone well. talking about her interview questions... or the lack of due to "live" interview.
her reaction to clips of the '93 interview. HER REACTIONS????
not once....... ahhhhhh.. nevermind.....

this was pathetic. really. :evil:

I don't mean to offend, I'm a lover, not a hater! =)
It just worries me.
Intonation is not the same as vocal quality. It's a physiological trait, not something that comes and goes depending on your mental focus or alertness, unless you're someone who has issues with it. He's not one of those people. I've never heard him pitchy before. It's worrying because medication can throw off your inner ear. =/ Anyway, that's all. I just can't wait to see the movie. The trailer looks awesome. =)

Even in a rehearsal a professional singer is not pitchy, he will "mark", but he will not be flat. Even in a rehearsal being flat is a big nono. You definitely don't do 100%, especially not in a walk through- but from what I gather about MJ is that he usually went on stage at the end, when everybody did the "real" rehearsals. Wasn't he said to usually train privately and then join people todwards the end of a production? I was performing for a long time and if we were flat, even in a rehearsal, anybody serious about music will make you stop and do it again.

Which is why I wonder what was going on. Was he not hearing himself? This is not an opera stage, you need electronic help to hear yourself- you don't hear yourself, you're off.

Intonation is what sets professional singers apart from laypeople, say on shows like American Idol. At that point in your professional career you don't go flat unless you not quite yourself. I can't wait for the whole movie, I wonder if we see why and what's going on.

If you look at the leaked Dangerous Tour rehearsals, you know it. Listen to "remember the time" there, intonation was not his issue, not for somebody who has been a professional singer all his life.

so we basically sat through about 45 mins... of Oprah talking about herself.
how her career could have been ruined if the "live interview" had not gone well. talking about her interview questions... or the lack of due to "live" interview.
her reaction to clips of the '93 interview. HER REACTIONS????
not once....... ahhhhhh.. nevermind.....

this was pathetic. really. :evil:

hey wat up girl? and Really? it was like that? pff...as I figured. all about herself. O needs a bite of humble pie, it would be nice if she had actual fans on the show speaking their minds, wonder if she could take the heat? lol

I'm still quite new...where do you get the adorable smilies at? Is there a rich text editor I'm missing or something, 'cause I see people highlighting and italicizing and all sorts of crazy things, LoL. Surely they're not all writing out html (?) =P
I asked these questions a while back but was only told to click on the "go advanced" button. Problem is, that button doesn't show up for me.

What I've done since then is to just click on the "quote" button when I see a smilie I like, then I just look for whatever the word is to type for that smilie. If you want bold text, then type (you need to quote this post to see what I mean) bold. Just put the word or phrase you want bolded in the middle of the bracketed b's. Works the same for italicized words or underlined words. Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Say what you want about Oprah but I enjoyed the show.

I just saw it in its entirety. I enjoyed it, too. Michael was just scrumptious and I'd be a giddy mess meeting him for the first time, especially the way he looked her directly in the eye, and then shifted and sheepishly smiled when he was embarassed. I melted.

mj_hn_live_2009.jpg

Thanks heaps for this!!

it was rehearsal what did you expect?
he doesn't give his all in rehearsal
I thought it was amazing

True!

ugh fuck oprah, the show just made me dislike her even more. why did she call it a tribute? she should have called it, "Oprah remembers when she got the michael jackson interview"

what happened to the never before released footage? all she did was talk about herself. i didn't see or feel any remorse. at least she admitted she was shellfish at the end. at least her lame viewers will now understand and believe he really had vitiligo.

hey wat up girl? and Really? it was like that? pff...as I figured. all about herself. O needs a bite of humble pie, it would be nice if she had actual fans on the show speaking their minds, wonder if she could take the heat? lol

hey gurl..... we are watching TII together as a group right? we should all have dinner first to celebrate michael life :cheers:

U R SOOOOOOO RIGHT about the whole O mag cover. I guess if that doesn't say SELF ABSORBED what does?:bugeyed

there is a reason why she and her producers put her in a room by herself.... they wouldn't have had the courage to have the audience.

whatever!

idk if this has been asked yet...

but are the videos online already? i searched youtube and the only thing that comes out is Mike practicing human nature

Back