Outsiders.

Imo there's nothing cult-like being a MJ fan.

yes...it was on i love the millenium. will wheaton made a comment about mj and then he said he realized that mj fans are crazy.

who cares...they only show the negative fans or the severly obsessed ones that act a mess whenever cameras are around...the trial attracted a lot of goofy ass freaky dumb 'stans' who thought they were there to get famous or to get on tv

Anyone who is outside of any fan group will think that fan group is cultish.. Ask a random MJ fan what he/she thinks of the LMP fans or the Justin Timberlake fans. Ask a random Prince fan what he/she thinks of a Madonna fan group. You'll hear the same old "OMG they are such a cult" response.

^^I agree soso. I remember watching some TV show and they showed some MJ fans and they were outright embarassing! I was like, 'who the f*** are they talking to?' these people were insane...there was one woman talking about how she was a virgin and saving herself for Michael eventhough she wasn't physically but she was a virgin in her heart.... :wtf: and had clips of her dancing around outside the courthouse like she was f*** high as a kite. It made me very mad cause I could see how they were trying to depict MJ fans and it wasn't fair...for any other celeb showing 'wild' or 'crazy' fans people brush off...but for MJ when outsiders see that type of "fan" on TV they turn it into a negative, they don't brush it off and then the end of the world befalls into, "oh my gosh his fans are crazy" then we all become a 'cult' or 'blind worshipers' ready for the comedians to mock and aformentioned TV shows to steriotype...in a horrible cycle of ignorance.

edit: ^ even so...It ain't stopping my MJ love. :punk:

Last edited:
Yes many people think MJ fans are cult like.. And some are very much so..

Some even think MJ fans are crazy.. It all started on the way some acted outside of that court room.. Some fans are really wierd.. lol!!! Even I would say that and i'm a big fan myself.. SO I could only imagine what an 'outsider' would think.. lol! OMG!!!

SOmetimes I wanted to grab some fans that spoke to news reporters and said some dumb and embarrising things.. I would sit there like WTF are you saying you stupid crap. You are going to make us ALL look crazy.. Things they say, things they do, things they wear sometimes.. I mean damn!!! Some u can tell are just little pack rats that hybernate in there MJ world, and come out and have no clue how to interact with other humans. Like standing in the sun outside of the courtroom is a worldy adventure..

Last edited:
lol, i just dont think that prince fans etc are seen as a cult, maybe marilyn manson and other people famous that are seen as wildly eccentric, i honestly dont think people see prince as eccentric as such and also justin timberlake i dont know of a real community like fan base, although he may have fan clubs.

this thread got me thinking all over again about some really dumb MJ fans.. lol!!

Over the crazyness what bugs me more (I think :mello:) is when reporters ask them why they think he's innocent and say NOTHING smart.. It's like I WOULD LOVE THAT CHANCE.. But they just blurt out stuff like.

"Because I just know it in my heart." OR "No one that is genius enough to make his music would be a molester."

I'm like??? Or when this fan said that he does not know if he's guilty or not but even if he is he should not go to jail because he's Michael Jackson..

TO ME that takes away every credibility in us fans that research and KNOW the facts..

You know those people sitting at home are thinking.. "OK this guy flew 30 thousand miles to sleep outside of the courthouse because he thinks he should be free even if he's guilty." Or to other fans, "they traveled, quite there job to support someone that have NO REAL FACTS on why he's innocent..

Man if I were interviewed, I would pull out of my head.. "Was Michael Jackson Framed?" article, 'Redemption', and all other facts I learned.. I would shut that reporter up...

And those damn little smirks the reporters got after dumb comments, actions, and answeres fans gave.. Then they say with the smirk.. "Over to you Connie".. Then the news reporters sitting at there desks make comments about how strange MJ fans are too..

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! lol!!

it's ok I'm calm see?? :)

^^^boo, u'd be the fan they'd talk to and film but never air. they spoke to MANY informed fans at the trial and only chose the odd ones or overly excited ones to show.

blanket adoration and love is creepy and those who make excuses for the most ridiculous of things need to step back and check themselves a bit cuz it's a bit troubling.

but there are fans like that in every fan group but it seems mj's and clay aiken's have the worst reps as far as sanity goes

oh poo, yall. this is a far cry from 'dwindling fan base'..which the media wanted so badly to be true just a few years ago.

i'm not goin around condemning fans because they don't have a pat answer for reporters' questions. my life doesn't revolve around what kind of answer a fan gives to a reporter. it's not going to devalue the quality of my life. the media is reaching for a reason to hate MJ...so..the fan that says..cus he's a genius he wouldn't molest..is no big deal to me. so what if they say that. if you give a genius answer to a question, the media can still spin it to sound bad if they want. when MJ said he was not God..the media spun it and quoted in his place that he said he was God. so..it doesn't matter. the reality is...we and MJ got under the media's skin, because it was proven beyond the shadow of a doubt that MJ is a true sucess story. case closed. i'm glad he has a fanbase..and i aint complainin about it.

Anyone who is outside of any fan group will think that fan group is cultish.. Ask a random MJ fan what he/she thinks of the LMP fans or the Justin Timberlake fans. Ask a random Prince fan what he/she thinks of a Madonna fan group. You'll hear the same old "OMG they are such a cult" response.

Agreed very much. :yes:

oh poo, yall. this is a far cry from 'dwindling fan base'..which the media wanted so badly to be true just a few years ago.

i'm not goin around condemning fans because they don't have a pat answer for reporters' questions. my life doesn't revolve around what kind of answer a fan gives to a reporter. it's not going to devalue the quality of my life. the media is reaching for a reason to hate MJ...so..the fan that says..cus he's a genius he wouldn't molest..is no big deal to me. so what if they say that. if you give a genius answer to a question, the media can still spin it to sound bad if they want. when MJ said he was not God..the media spun it and quoted in his place that he said he was God. so..it doesn't matter. the reality is...we and MJ got under the media's skin, because it was proven beyond the shadow of a doubt that MJ is a true sucess story. case closed. i'm glad he has a fanbase..and i aint complainin about it.
:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping: I just hate the fan bashing. I think we will become a cult when others start telling us how to behave. That is what cults do, they tell people how to behave. Let people do what they wanna do.

Last edited:
when i think of the word cult i get other things in my head then a group of mj fans worldwide it sounds more like what you see in tv shows as sekt or groups of witches or something lol

ewww no one said we were complaining. and no one is saying that people have to act a certain way it's just embarassing that the odd ballsalways get the spotlight and that when u think of a mj fan, it's not a positive thing.

this thread got me thinking all over again about some really dumb MJ fans.. lol!!

Over the crazyness what bugs me more (I think :mello:) is when reporters ask them why they think he's innocent and say NOTHING smart.. It's like I WOULD LOVE THAT CHANCE.. But they just blurt out stuff like.

"Because I just know it in my heart." OR "No one that is genius enough to make his music would be a molester."

I'm like??? Or when this fan said that he does not know if he's guilty or not but even if he is he should not go to jail because he's Michael Jackson..

TO ME that takes away every credibility in us fans that research and KNOW the facts..

You know those people sitting at home are thinking.. "OK this guy flew 30 thousand miles to sleep outside of the courthouse because he thinks he should be free even if he's guilty." Or to other fans, "they traveled, quite there job to support someone that have NO REAL FACTS on why he's innocent..

Man if I were interviewed, I would pull out of my head.. "Was Michael Jackson Framed?" article, 'Redemption', and all other facts I learned.. I would shut that reporter up...

And those damn little smirks the reporters got after dumb comments, actions, and answeres fans gave.. Then they say with the smirk.. "Over to you Connie".. Then the news reporters sitting at there desks make comments about how strange MJ fans are too..

I totally agree. I also would turn it around and ask these people what proof do you have that he is guilty. When they bring up the settlement, I really go after them and tell how would a family accept money if their child was really abuse and then later try to sue MIchael again for money. And I shut them down. Most of the people I know do not believe none of the claims but the few people I have come in contact with often are relieved to hear my points and think Michael was innocent but just did not know, so when I break now the "facts" these people see the truth.

Anyone who puts all fans in one basket is just being an idoit. ALL musicans have good/silly fans, mature/inmature fans, etc.

Anyone who puts all fans in one basket is just being an idoit. ALL musicans have good/silly fans, mature/inmature fans, etc.
Exactly. I would aslo like to say that I supported every last one of MJ fans who went out to Santa Maria to support MJ. I do not care what you wore or what you did. You were there and the rest of the world stood up and took notice. I took notice too. I was proiud of every last one of you and this event shook up the entire world ans is gone down in hisory. Sneddon got the biggests scare in his life, so did the aviros and the media. I have no complaints. I have no complaints about any of MJ fans. There is no rules, do what you wanna, as long as you do not harm yourself or anyone else. That is my motto. Live and let live.
When we start to tell people how to behave, that is when we will become a cult, cause that is what cults do.:punk:

Exactly. I would aslo like to say that I supported every last one of MJ fans who went out to Santa Maria to support MJ. I do not care what you wore or what you did. You were there and the rest of the world stood up and took notice. I took notice too. I was proiud of every last one of you and this event shook up the entire world ans is gone down in hisory. Sneddon got the biggests scare in his life, so did the aviros and the media. I have no complaints. I have no complaints about any of MJ fans. There is no rules, do what you wanna, as long as you do not harm yourself or anyone else. That is my motto. Live and let live.
When we start to tell people how to behave, that is when we will become a cult, cause that is what cults do.:punk:
When it came to that trial, there was always going to be someone to say something. That DD chick was clearing a nut. She said Michael's fans were leaving him when the fan turn out was low; and when the fan turn was high, someone else wanted to make it look like fans were disrespecting the court and acting like it was a concert. So again, fans were going to made out to be "something" no matter what. Overall, I think many people who supported Michael agree with fans being there. Only haters and people who wanted Michael to look bad were the ones trying to find fault. I even remember Bill Oreilly calling fans in Las Vegas "pinheads" for supporting Michael when he arrived back from setting bail because he said fans do not not the truth. YET when Old Bill was accused of sexual assult, Bill THANKED HIS fans supporting him EVEN though HIS FANS did not know the truth (of course he settled out of court something in which he degraded Michael for doing and called Michael a "pervert" on November 19, 2003 when the guy from a magazine was defending/discussing Michael on his show. See how life is funny, Bill got accused that same year or the first part of 2004 and he tone himself down towards Michael).

Did anyone watch the HBO special 'Michael Jackson Parking Lot' outside of the court room and surrounding it?? Those fan interviews etc..

When it came to that trial, there was always going to be someone to say something. That DD chick was clearing a nut. She said Michael's fans were leaving him when the fan turn out was low; and when the fan turn was high, someone else wanted to make it look like fans were disrespecting the court and acting like it was a concert. So again, fans were going to made out to be "something" no matter what. Overall, I think many people who supported Michael agree with fans being there. Only haters and people who wanted Michael to look bad were the ones trying to find fault. I even remember Bill Oreilly calling fans in Las Vegas "pinheads" for supporting Michael when he arrived back from setting bail because he said fans do not not the truth. YET when Old Bill was accused of sexual assult, Bill THANKED HIS fans supporting him EVEN though HIS FANS did not know the truth (of course he settled out of court something in which he degraded Michael for doing and called Michael a "pervert" on November 19, 2003 when the guy from a magazine was defending/discussing Michael on his show. See how life is funny, Bill got accused that same year or the first part of 2004 and he tone himself down towards Michael).

i agree.

yeah..life IS funny that way, init?

my mum is always sayoing to me 'MJ fans are crazy', or she says his fans treat him like a God - when really she has no idea, she has never met a fan (apart from me obv) :lol:

I totally agree. I also would turn it around and ask these people what proof do you have that he is guilty. When they bring up the settlement, I really go after them and tell how would a family accept money if their child was really abuse and then later try to sue MIchael again for money. And I shut them down. Most of the people I know do not believe none of the claims but the few people I have come in contact with often are relieved to hear my points and think Michael was innocent but just did not know, so when I break now the "facts" these people see the truth.
sorry but accepting money and being greedy holds no weight b/c there are some parents who just don't care a bout their children's well being...just like the girl in the r kelly case...they got themoney and stayed mum.

facts would be their track record, their inappropriate comments, their conflicting statements etc....

:lol: :lol:

I understand you though. And I agree :mello:

Back