Paris Jackson on Ellen Show December 15 Thursday

I had a hunch that Joe was more involved in all of this crap, than we'd ever know. Joe and Latoya too, since father and daughter seem to have struck up a bond recently. Katherine probably goes along, as she knows it will bring in money. Money that could be used to bailout her jobless children, a gazillion grandchildren and great grandchildren.

suzynyc... Yesterday on MSNBC a reporter who has a close relationsship with Debbie was giving Debbie all the credit. He stated Paris has Debbie's intelligence, beauty and balls. Love Debbie and always defend her. Believe this is coming from someone in Debbie's camp, not Debbie.

Really? I had not seen that. I wouldn't give Debbie much credit for anything other than maybe some kind of mannerisms or characteristics Paris might have inherited from her. I think it's possible even if a child was not raised by that parent. I was not raised by my father...I never even knew him growing up but my mother said I have some of his mannerisms, etc. For me, in that one moment when Paris said "stupid", she reminded me of her mother a little.

Last edited:
I just watched the full interview. Paris was wonderful :) Such a beautiful and poised girl. I'm sure Michael would have been proud.

The only credit Debbie should get is for providing her egg....but since she got paid big money for it....she gets no credit at all.

Sorry Debbie...go back to your beloved horses & Mj's posters on your bedroom walls.

The only credit Debbie should get is for providing her egg....but since she got paid big money for it....she gets no credit at all.

Sorry Debbie...go back to your beloved horses & Mj's posters on your bedroom walls.

exactly...Michael deserves ALL the credit for the way HIS children turned out...him and only him...he was the dedicated father,,,no one else.

suzynyc... Yesterday on MSNBC a reporter who has a close relationsship with Debbie was giving Debbie all the credit. He stated Paris has Debbie's intelligence, beauty and balls. Love Debbie and always defend her. Believe this is coming from someone in Debbie's camp, not Debbie.
Which reporter was it?

Each morning, a slow-moving cavalcade of vehicles transports Paris and Prince to the private school they attend on the edge of California’s Santa Monica mountains.

Several bulky bodyguards, sporting Secret Service-style ear-pieces and lapel microphones jump out of the vehicles to usher them into school.

Throughout the day, armed close protection minders shadow the children as they attend lessons at £21,000-a-year Buckley School. The bodyguards eat lunch in the school cafeteria and swim in its indoor pool.

^
So Paris concider's this "normal" as oppose to the way her dad raised her? That is NOT normal upbringing. The article was pretty good and I have to say I agree with a lot of it. Nothing shocks me.

I have to say I agree with this commenter on that page:

The security only serves to make the children more conspicuous and sets them apart from their well-heeled peers. They should have been allowed to just have normal lives until they reached adulthood and then, if at any time after getting a uni education, if any of the children decided they wanted to pursue a music/acting career they could do so after developing some social and critical thinking skills. Pushing them out into public and exploiting them the way their father was exploited is just going to ruin any chance they had of leading normal, albeit privileged lives.

prettygirlmj;3560852 said:
Each morning, a slow-moving cavalcade of vehicles transports Paris and Prince to the private school they attend on the edge of California’s Santa Monica mountains.

Several bulky bodyguards, sporting Secret Service-style ear-pieces and lapel microphones jump out of the vehicles to usher them into school.

Throughout the day, armed close protection minders shadow the children as they attend lessons at £21,000-a-year Buckley School. The bodyguards eat lunch in the school cafeteria and swim in its indoor pool.

:eek:

This is scary. :(

:eek:

This is scary. :(

Scary indeed. These kids would have had a normal upbringing had Diana Ross had them. All her kids grew up out of the limelight and didn't decide to go into show buisness until later on when they were adults. None of them are buck crazy like the Jackson's. Diana never exploited her kids and I'm sure that's why Michael added her as a guardian after his mom. He adored Diana. I guess he never thought his mother would exploit HIS KIDS like she did to him...A shame that Ross didn't put up a real fight to get Prince, Blanket and Paris in court. I think had she made an effort she would have won. Maybe she just was in no mood to raise 3 other kids. I just can't fathom why no one is lifting a finger to stop this exploitation other then the fact people can't bother, not even the people Michael named guardian after his mom.

prettygirlmj;3560852 said:

^
So Paris concider's this "normal" as oppose to the way her dad raised her? That is NOT normal upbringing. The article was pretty good and I have to say I agree with a lot of it. Nothing shocks me.

I have to say I agree with this commenter on that page:

The security only serves to make the children more conspicuous and sets them apart from their well-heeled peers. They should have been allowed to just have normal lives until they reached adulthood and then, if at any time after getting a uni education, if any of the children decided they wanted to pursue a music/acting career they could do so after developing some social and critical thinking skills. Pushing them out into public and exploiting them the way their father was exploited is just going to ruin any chance they had of leading normal, albeit privileged lives.

This sounds fabricated.

And it sounds like the article is out to get its readers to question just how normal the kids really have it, purposely trying to counteract the positive impressive Paris left during the interview that she feels like a regular girl there at her school. Their impetus being to present wording which stir up more emotions, provide a more juicy impression offering more controversy, and therefore, in their view, a better read.

But we all know how this works.

So be slow to believe this. Don't allow your emotions to be taken in a direction that ends up being based on something not even true in the first place. It's not fair to yourself.

Not saying it's not true. I do not know either way. But seriously, does this automatically sound believable?

Some comments from Daily Mail:
Covering Paris's head was considered another of MJ's eccentricities but it now seems it was almost an act of genius. It enabled his children to pass unnoticed in normal everyday life except when they were accompanying him. Paris has certainly turned out to be a credit to the singer.
- CMU,, UK, 16/12/2011 2:52

Paris Jackson interview on Ellen: Shock horror! Jacko's girl is normal | Mail Online

This brave young womandid the impossible. Jackson had become the punch line for jokes that overshadowed his music. But at his funeral a mourning little girl reminded everyone that he was, so some, just 'daddy.' and by that she seems to have rehabilitated his image. Heck of a thing to pull off at a time she must have been deeply wounded. I wish her luck.
- Paul, Lansdale. PA USA, 15/12/2011 8:33

Paris Jackson interview on Ellen: Michael's daughter admits 'the masks were stupid' | Mail Online

I thought the masks were dumb, but I was kind of disappointed when we finally found out what they looked like because I knew their lives would never be the same again. I understood why Michael used the masks. It was actually kind of smart. He didn't want his children on the front pages of the tabloids week after week, year after year (which has ended up happening now). It did allow them to have a (believe it or not) semi normal childhood. When no one knew what they looked like they could go out with minders without anyone giving them so much as a second look. Now they are gawked at every place they go. They are lovely children. Polite and very sweet, good kids. Decent kids. They are Michael's greatest success
- RJ, Virginia, 14/12/2011 21:50

Paris Jackson interview on Ellen: Michael's daughter admits 'the masks were stupid' | Mail Online

MJ doted on his children, he must have been a great dad - the children are a glowing example to his devotion and has bought them up so well. They miss him terribly, you can see that x
- Mich, Herts, 14/12/2011 21:28

You did a brilliant job Mike X
- Christina, Cape Town, South Africa, 14/12/2011 15:26

At first glance doing what he did seems crazy, but given how Suri Cruise and Halle Berry's daughter are constantly plastered across newspapers, is it any wonder?
- John, London, 14/12/2011 15:18

Michael's girl is stunning!!! He definitely did a great job raising his kids. He may have been eccentric in his own life but he was a great father.
- concerned citizen., USA, 14/12/2011 13:19

Oh man those comments are beautiful....Paris is actually changing people's opinions on Michael out there! That in itself is enough for me to support her going on Ellen.

This sounds fabricated.

And it sounds like the article is out to get its readers to question just how normal the kids really have it, purposely trying to counteract the positive impressive Paris left during the interview that she feels like a regular girl there at her school. Their impetus being to present wording which stir up more emotions, provide a more juicy impression offering more controversy, and therefore, in their view, a better read.

But we all know how this works.

So be slow to believe this. Don't allow your emotions to be taken in a direction that ends up being based on something not even true in the first place. It's not fair to yourself.

Not saying it's not true. I do not know either way. But seriously, does this automatically sound believable?

You are spot on. The mention of sperm donors et al was just disgusting and a real desperate attempt to sensationalize matters. I have noticed since MJ death that the daily mail is uncharacteristically investing a boatload of resources on MJ3. This is abnormal even by celebrity standard. I just wish the fans could stop reading that tabloid paper or even posting it here. It's not worth it. Most of the so called facts are either fabricated or grossly exaggerated to capture some readership.

Oh man those comments are beautiful....Paris is actually changing people's opinions on Michael out there!

This is wonderful news! And very welcomed, to be sure. :)

Thanks, MsCassieMollie, for sharing these examples (video and text) of some more positive opinions going on out there!

Alan Duke on HLN's Special Report - Topic: Paris Jackson

That was nice :) Seems like the media and people were really impressed by Paris' interview.

I really like Ellen DeGeneres too, I wasn't that familiar with her before (her show isn't broadcast in my country) but I looked up some other clips from her and she seems like a genuinely kind and respectful person. I'm glad Paris had her first solo interview with her :)

This is wonderful news! And very welcomed, to be sure. :)

Thanks, MsCassieMollie, for sharing these examples (video and text) of some more positive opinions going on out there!

The vast majority of opinions are very positive about this interview. I don't understand the need for some people to always bring up negativity, it's like they're looking for negative things to post. It's exactly why I left this board a few months ago (contrary to what my profile says, I've been a member here since Jan. 2010), it was just way too depressing.

Oh man those comments are beautiful....Paris is actually changing people's opinions on Michael out there! That in itself is enough for me to support her going on Ellen.
I know! I'm actually. Amidst all the f*ckery lately (the media taking Paris words out of context), it's nice to know that the general public are seeing Michael in a whole new light, as a great father: thru his children.

See, positive things can come out of situations that people make out to be totally negative! Just gotta keep the faith.

I don't understand the need for some people to always bring up negativity, it's like they're looking for negative things to post.
Well, this is tricky, LindavG, because I suppose even criticizing others in the way they post could be perceived as negativity. I dunno.

Everyone is not wired the same, and some call things as they see it, not wishing to pussyfoot around things that aren't pretty. So they post openly and candidly about what they are observing or things they've come across. And their posts are often very intelligent and valid.

But tone is important for posts, for threads, and for the good of the whole site.

It's a balance of sharing one's opinion, and keeping it real, while still being fair and reasonable in all evaluations of all things going on in the MJ world...and maybe by putting in a little more effort to not always see the negative in things, just like you said above, Linda. :)

Having a long string of positive posts in a row, though, is certainly a good thing. Because it affects the tone in a positive way.

Some comments from Daily Mail:

Thank you for posting the few positive comments among the madness.

I've always wondered, what are people referring to by MJ's "eccentricities"?

That word keeps coming in all reports on MJ and i wondered, what could be perceived as eccentricities, especially after 2005.

She did great. Ellen was a very nice and friendly and definitely put Paris at ease

She's a strong and smart girl :)

Thank you for posting the few positive comments among the madness.

I've always wondered, what are people referring to by MJ's "eccentricities"?

That word keeps coming in all reports on MJ and i wondered, what could be perceived as eccentricities, especially after 2005.
You're welcome.

By eccentricities, I think people mean MJ's high voice (it's not even that high to began with), shyness, mannerisms, having a pet monkey, etc...

Last edited:
You are spot on. The mention of sperm donors et al was just disgusting and a real desperate attempt to sensationalize matters. I have noticed since MJ death that the daily mail is uncharacteristically investing a boatload of resources on MJ3. This is abnormal even by celebrity standard. I just wish the fans could stop reading that tabloid paper or even posting it here. It's not worth it. Most of the so called facts are either fabricated or grossly exaggerated to capture some readership.
yeah the mail have become obsessed with the mj 3 over the last two years. that article seems to be just a collection of old stories. the armed guards going around with them is very old and was denied when they first started school. and contridicts the fact no one even knew who the kids were before. they are just doing to the kids what they did to mj. making crap up to make them look like lairs weird etc.tabloidarelli does alot of articles for them. this sounds like him. the mail are scum and have such a reputation amongst the general public

Last edited:
That mail article has so many erorrs and inconsitancies. On top of the recent news it is just a rehash of old tabloid crap as others her have stated. Unless one knows their MJ HIStory and keeps up with what has been happening since his death its hard for some fans to know what is real and what is BS .. The writer just threw in a few facts to make it seem credible. It started out mild but just got stankier as it went along.

I like the interview very much- Paris is such a sweetie.

Is there any transcript of the interview ?

I only just saw this, I was a little nervous about watching it I'm not gonna lie. By the time the interview was over I just couldn't help the tears. She's great! She seems really fun but passionate and just all round great. I don't particularly agree with her going on these shows, as we know it's not what Michael would have wanted. But, that being said, she seems headstrong in the way that Michael was. Good for her, I wish her every success. She seems happy and thats the most important thing to me at this point. God Bless those children!

Back