Paula Abdul was target of Michael's jokes

FedoraHatGirl2058

Proud Member
This is old news, but i've never seen this before till now(in case you didnt also, here it is), an article in wich Paula Abdul remembers a part of the prankster Michael :)

OMG! Paula Abdul: J.... put aftershave on Bubbles

This-Is-It181.jpg_e_f3a7c2adba52315d6ab61b83a2cd478e.jpg
Paula Abdul says Michael Jackson always had fun at her expense

Former American Idol judge was target of Thriller star's jokes
Thursday, 29 October 2009

Michael Jackson once sprayed his pet chimp with cologne, according to Paula Abdul.

The ex-American Idol judge says the star was always playing pranks on her while she choreographed his Victory tour in the 80s.

‘I was always the butt end of jokes,' says Paula, 48. ‘I always bought into everything that he was saying. He punked me with Bubbles the chimp.
'Bubbles smelled very strange to me and I love Bubbles, but he smelled really strange and [Michael] said, "That's just the way monkeys smell." I believe... he doused [Bubbles in] Christian Dior.'

Michael, 50, also fooled Paula with a motorbike.

‘When mopeds first came out, he put me on a moped, didn't tell me how to work it,' she tells Access Hollywood.

‘I fell right into the rose bushes, thorns everywhere!'

http://www.nowmagazine.co.uk/celebr...aula-abdul-*****-put-aftershave-on-bubbles/1/

hahaha poor Paula, Michael was crazy, i would have paid to see her in the motorbike :hysterical: :rofl:

she just happened to veer straight into the bushes lol it was not his fault haha...I know that must've been painful but what can you do life is hard lol

‘When mopeds first came out, he put me on a moped, didn't tell me how to work it,' she tells Access Hollywood.

‘I fell right into the rose bushes, thorns everywhere!'

:rofl:

hahah! Wow, Michael. I would have loved to see Paula on that moped. :p

Paula should have asked how to use the moped :lol: I can imagine her screaming and yelling while trying to control it.

As for Bubbles, maybe he just smelled good and not like poop and she didn't expect that lol.

she just happened to veer straight into the bushes lol it was not his fault haha...I know that must've been painful but what can you do life is hard lol

But it could have been worse.:yes: True...life is hard.

I just love hearing things like this about Michael. Hearing this about Michael just reminds me how I was when I used to go camping with my church. Me and some other girls tried to pull this prank on the boys. Plus it was my way getting back at them. Since the one boy threw a water balloon at me earlier. And I remember another time I was the only girl at my church camp that was more than willing to hold a salamander. I showed it to the other girls and they just screamed at it. I just couldn't believe how those girls reacted. When it was just a little cute salamander. OMG I would have so love to pull some pranks on Michael. And I am sure he would have love to pull some with me.

this made me smile when I first read it but now I kinda feel sad...I miss his silliness
I remember how he used to get on my nerves with his stupid outfits lol it was one worse than the other, sometimes I felt like he was doing that on purpose too lol

Reading this made me smile. I love to read stories like this about Mike the prankster. And I love the YT videos where he laughs because I'm totally in love with Michael, especially his laugh ( among other things, won't go into that here though - this board is PG)

Oh boy...he sure did love to play.

The pranks with a "sinister" twist against Paula probably had something to do with the whole Jackie/Enid/Paula saga. Michael was very protective of his family.

The prank with Bubbles is lame.
The ones he played to his nephews are MUCH betta, but the rose bushes ...lol
The Bubbles is a simple joke... Paula must have been a bit naive, his joke was to make her believe that the cologne smell is the natural smell of a monkey :lol: , if she believe it, she's or was a little slow, so he take advantage in a good way, all for fun.

I read that Michael used to put a big recipient full of water up in the door, dont know how he did that, he had some kind of method to make the recipient stay up in the door when it was closed, then he will call someone and when that one came into the room opening the door, all water will fall upon them, its was a well known joke he did, i read it somewhere.

And many pranks he did to the girls in the family, specially LaToya... with spiders and even Muscles his pet boa constrictor. Latoya it is said would freak out :lol:

now THAT is just funny!!! :lmao:

i needed that laugh. no wonder they all say that MJ had a terrific sense of humor. that cologne on Bubbles prank and what MJ said about it, laid me out. that's funny!

its strange to hear all these people telling their memories, it all sounds like michael was already sooo old and its all stories from the ancient past told by equally ancient and old people.

well it took place a very long time ago, but the person telling the story isnt "old", she still looks stunning and is just 48... 2 years younger than michael... and alive and jumping :( michael's death and all the statements and "memories" being told are reminding me that we all are just mortal :(

He must have been so much fun to hang out with! I love his humour. :wub:

paula abdul did not choreograph the ‘victory’ tour. the little choreography that tour had was recycled from previous jacksons shows, and was done by michael, marlon, and jackie. she may have choreographed the video for ‘torture’ (which michael never appear in) but that’s it.

Back