Peter Lopez suicide-people begin to

Lawyer Peter Lopez dies tragically after repping Michael Jackson, Babyface.
Friday afternoon, a report went out that Catherine Bach, who played Daisy Duke in the 1980s TV series The Dukes of Hazzard, had lost her husband. While it wasn't clear what the cause of death was for mega-entertainment lawyer Peter Lopez, we now have more details.

Sixty-year-old Peter Lopez was a massive entertainment lawyer who attended law school at UCLA. He reportedly repped such stars as Babyface, The Eagles, Michael Buble and Michael Jackson during his Thriller years. Lopez also co-produced the film Selena starring Jennifer Lopez.

In August 1990 Peter Lopez and Catherine Bach got married (it was Bach's second marriage; she's now 56), and they proceeded to parent two daughters together -- 11-year-old Laura and 14-year-old Sophia.

Lopez's body was found Friday on the lawn outside his Encino Hills, California home. Reports suggest Lopez had sustained a gunshot wound to his head. It's reported that the official ruling on his death had been called a suicide by the region's coroner's office operations chief.

It's not at all clear why Peter Lopez might have been driven to take his own life, but one can't help but wonder if he'd had some link to Michael Jackson's controversy-ridden estate. Michael Jackson's former manager Raymone Bain commented on Peter Lopez's death on Friday, saying, "I'd known Peter for 20 years ... I can't think of a nicer individual ... He was a good guy. I'm just so shocked."

Wife Catherine Bach's rep released a statement Friday, saying that Bach and her two daughters were suffering a "tragic personal loss." We wish their family the best, and PopEater has more on Catherine Bach's loss and Peter Lopez' suicide. Meanwhile, in happier celebrity family news, we've investigated how Sandra Bullock kept her baby a secret for so long. Also, Bret Michaels' sister has commented on his post-brain hemorrhage condition.

http://beforeitsnews.com/news/38694...e_Bach_Loses_Husband_To_Apparent_Suicide.html

D.I. ,

why do you post all things related to Oxman? This guy is a joke and a proven liar. Julien denied that the estate was involved with this auction, just watch the catalogue, all these items are coming from fans, friends or family members

this LACRA oroganization don't exisst.

Are you an Oxman lover ?

D.I. ,

why do you post all things related to Oxman? This guy is a joke and a proven liar. Julien denied that the estate was involved with this auction, just watch the catalogue, all these items are coming from fans, friends or family members

Are you an Oxman lover ?

Urggh I could have placed a bet that one of the anti-Oxman crew would be the first to respond to this.

Again..............No Im not an Oxman lover. Ive already explained that I thought some of things he said was idiotic.

This in-fighting doesnt help get things solved. I support Oxman because he is the only person with legal standing who is putting any effort into certain causes that are unjust to Michael.

Oxman seems adamant that Katherine and the whole family are against the Auction and continually says so. Yes Im aware he doesnt speak for Katherine.

Besides the Auction was not why I posted this. I posted this re Peter Lopez and the fact that he had issues with the estate.

Some of you really need to work out your issues/hate for certain people. Its not healthy and its a distraction to you.

And LACRA doesnt exist? lol Ok then, tell that to Eddie Jones and Co. lmao

D.I. ,

Are you an Oxman lover ?

It is always good to hear all side of the issues. You seem to believe and post everything Howard Weitzman or Branca say and there is no proof they are any more trust worthy than Oxman.
How do you think Juliens is allowed to have an auction with out the involvement and OK by the estate? Do they not have to OK the sale of Michael stuff?

Thanks DI for posting that video! It was good information!

It is always good to hear all side of the issues. You seem to believe and post everything Howard Weitzman or Branca say and there is no proof they are any more trust worthy than Oxman.
How do you think Juliens is allowed to have an auction with out the involvement and OK by the estate? Do they not have to OK the sale of Michael stuff?

Thanks DI for posting that video! It was good information!

The problem here is Oxman is clearly liying. Do you remember MJ's feeling about Neverland after 2005 ? Well, Oxman don't give ish about that. That shows that he's not really involved with MJ.

He calls him drug addict when the autopsy says otherwise.

He's selling T-shirts with MJ's name.

julien don't need the OK from the estate because these items were given by MJ to these people. Don't you remember that a parent (an aunt) sold a Mercedes that MJ gave her last year ?

Well obviously Eddie Jones and Company doesn't think Oxman is such a joke and it doesn't mean that everything he says is all lies.

Just use your common sense and look people deep in their eyes and you'll find some sincerity.

About Lopez, the note raises even more questions. According to Oxman, he had just brought a lawsuit against the Estate and now he's dead????

C'mon now!

BTW, was MJ really firing people as often as he changed underwear? Or was it his handlers doing this? It's confusing to me. Everybody says Lopez was a very caring and all around good guy. Why would Michael fire him?

Last edited:
The problem here is Oxman is clearly liying. Do you remember MJ's feeling about Neverland after 2005 ? Well, Oxman don't give ish about that. That shows that he's not really involved with MJ.

julien don't need the OK from the estate because these items were given by MJ to these people. Don't you remember that a parent (an aunt) sold a Mercedes that MJ gave her last year ?

MJ's feelings about Neverland were that he would always visit Neverland but it was no longer a home. He didn't want to live there anymore. He never said he would never go there ever again.
Michael's own sisters have gone public to say Michael had a problem with drugs, I do not presume to know anything but do assume that his family knows more than we do?
Oxman wasn't selling T-shirts; he was letting a fan use his site to sell them.
Anyway, this thread isn't about Oxman, it is about Peter Lopez. Back on topic please!

Eddie jones is the president of Los Angeles Civil Rights Association, an association which don't even exist. He's asking for money.

These people, around Jones & Oxman, are from TINI. Many of you seem to forget what Oxman said these last years (concerning Paris & M. Lester, Blanket, etc..)

Concerning his sisters, Janet said herself she could stay several years without talking with his brother. Morever, there is a report autopsy.

Lopez filed a creditor's claim (around $650.000);

Do you think that all people who filed creditor's claim will be murdered ?

some general info

if an estate does not file a rejection for the creditor claims that means that they are paying that claims or still working on them by asking extra information/proof etc.

also

a creditor's claim is not a lawsuit.

Eddie jones is the president of Los Angeles Civil Rights Association, an association which don't even exist. He's asking for money.

These people, around Jones & Oxman, are from TINI. Many of you seem to forget what Oxman said these last years (concerning Paris & M. Lester, Blanket, etc..)

Concerning his sisters, Janet said herself she could stay several years without talking with his brother. Morever, there is a report autopsy.

Lopez filed a creditor's claim (around $650.000);

Do you think that all people who filed creditor's claim will be murdered ?

There is no reason to be against Eddie Jones - he is helping to get fans to show up at the court hearings for Conrad Murray. He is helping in the fight for justice for Michael. That is what is important.

His association must exist - he's seen here with LAPD deputy chief:
link:
http://www.wavenewspapers.com/news/69811642.html
Beck meets with civil rights leaders

ar trkcid=69811642;var partnerID=428754; var _hb=1; window.onerror=function(){clickURL=document.location.href;return true;} if(!self.clickURL) clickURL=parent.location.href;

By OLU ALEMORU, Staff Writer

Story Published: Nov 11, 2009 at 8:54 PM PDT
Story Updated: Nov 12, 2009 at 2:40 PM PDT

LEIMERT PARK — Facing a Nov. 17 confirmation vote, Los Angeles Police Department chief-designate Charlie Beck promised greater transparency in investigations of deadly force, and “aggressive” handling of citizen complaints as he was quizzed Wednesday by civil rights leaders.

Beck, 56, was nominated Nov. 3 by Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa to become the 55th head of the LAPD. His appearance in Leimert Park honored a promise to attend a Los Angeles Urban Policy Roundtable event, where he could be publicly questioned on his commitment to reform.
In an unexpected development, Beck took a live phone call from the Rev. Al Sharpton, who wished him well in the job and pledged “to work together to do what is right.”
The panel was chaired by activist and broadcaster Earl Ofari Hutchinson, and included the Rev. K. W. Tulloss, of the National Action Network, Nancy Ramirez, regional counsel for the Mexican American Legal Defense and Educational Fund, Willis Edwards, of the Los Angeles Chapter of the NAACP, Los Angeles Civil Rights Association president Eddie Jones and Lita Herron, of the Youth Advocacy Coalition.
In the hour-long briefing, Beck was asked specific questions on key policy issues covering racial profiling, police complaints, the use of deadly force, community policing, transparency and accountability, and gang and inter-community violence.
“The police do a very difficult and important job,” said Beck, addressing the deadly force issue. “But there must be the most thorough transparency in investigating the use of force. We must be aggressive with complaints. We can’t use our powers and the Constitution to justify certain behavior for some greater good.”

LACRA is not a registred association.

Yes, Oxman don't represent Katherine and said that the family was not involved with the Cirque du Soleil deal. Yet, the Cirque du Soleil team said that Katherine was the one who wanted that deal and played a major role. Oxman don't know ish about katherine's involment ; he called her "depictable" in open court. Again, he stated false info about this auction and you know it.

About Neverland, it is isolated, don't have hotels, roads, etc... and people from the area don't want a museum there.

I wonder where Oxman got his so-called license. His first priority is to get money for Joe from the estate, justice from MJ not for MJ.

Last edited:
LACRA is not a registred association.

Yes, Oxman don't represent Katherine and said that the family was not involved with the Cirque du Soleil deal. Yet, the Cirque du Soleil team said that Katherine was the one who wanted that deal and played a major role. Oxman don't know ish about katherine's involment ; he called her "depictable" in open court. Again, he stated false info about this auction and you know it.

About Neverland, it is isolated, don't have hotels, roads, etc... and people from the area don't want a museum there.

I wonder where Oxman got his so-called license. His first priority is to get money for Joe from the estate, justice from MJ not for MJ.

The Family WASNT involved in Cirque deal. The Estate was.;) Katherine gave her blessing as she knew that Michael loved Cirque and was already wanting a Cirque show.

Also Oxman has stated adamantly that Katherine is opposed to the auction. Im sure that if this was not true, Oxman would not be publicly stating otherwise. Remember Oxman is careful with picking his words. Im sure he'd like to give his opinion on things but as a lawyer and in the public, he cant do that. You automatically assume that people like Julien's are telling the truth.

Im not sure how true your comment on LACRA not being registered is but if it is true, I fail to see what relevance that has. LACRA only goal is justice for Michael. How wonderful of them to support Michael religiously every week. They planning on going to Washington and Congress over the investigation of Michael's death. I havent seen anyone planning on making a challenge to the government? Once again your negativity is attempting to discredit a positive organisation that is attempting more than good than you clearly.

Everything about you is negative marc and you sound like media trying to discredit everybody involved in Michael's case except the administrators of the estate (where the money is!) Only the media preach that Joe is fighting for justice just to get money. Which is odd because even Katherine isnt receiving any money so why the media thinks Joe is trying I dont know. Is it really that hard to believe that Joe actually wants justice for Michael? We dont know the Jackson family's ultimate goal and plan to achieve this goal. People just hear Joe/wrongful death suit, and make their own conclusions that Joe is simply doing it for money. Remember that this whole process does cost money in the first place. So if Joe sells a seat for $2000, let him. If you have a prob with that, blame the person who spent the $2000. It's their money and if thats what they want to spend it on let them. Its like Michael getting blammed for having kids over Neverland, but nobody was blaming the parents.(even though nothing was going on)

And nobody is saying that Lopez was killed over his creditor claim. Again thats media talk. Oxman was just stating a fact that many people were not aware of until Oxman stated it. If Lopez was killed, its more probable that it was over the fact that he was openly opposed to how the admins were running the estate which is a common and fair concern.

Last edited:
The Family WASNT involved in Cirque deal. The Estate was.;) Katherine gave her blessing as she knew that Michael loved Cirque and was already wanting a Cirque show.

Also Oxman has stated adamantly that Katherine is opposed to the auction. Im sure that if this was not true, Oxman would not be publicly stating otherwise. Remember Oxman is careful with picking his words. Im sure he'd like to give his opinion on things but as a lawyer and in the public, he cant do that. You automatically assume that people like Julien's are telling the truth.

Im not sure how true your comment on LACRA not being registered is but if it is true, I fail to see what relevance that has. LACRA only goal is justice for Michael. How wonderful of them to support Michael religiously every week. They planning on going to Washington and Congress over the investigation of Michael's death. I havent seen anyone planning on making a challenge to the government? Once again your negativity is attempting to discredit a positive organisation that is attempting more than good than you clearly.

Everything about you is negative marc and you sound like media trying to discredit everybody involved in Michael's case except the administrators of the estate (where the money is!) Only the media preach that Joe is fighting for justice just to get money. Which is odd because even Katherine isnt receiving any money so why the media thinks Joe is trying I dont know. Is it really that hard to believe that Joe actually wants justice for Michael? We dont know the Jackson family's ultimate goal and plan to achieve this goal. People just hear Joe/wrongful death suit, and make their own conclusions that Joe is simply doing it for money. Remember that this whole process does cost money in the first place. So if Joe sells a seat for $2000, let him. If you have a prob with that, blame the person who spent the $2000. It's their money and if thats what they want to spend it on let them. Its like Michael getting blammed for having kids over Neverland, but nobody was blaming the parents.(even though nothing was going on)

And nobody is saying that Lopez was killed over his creditor claim. Again thats media talk. Oxman was just stating a fact that many people were not aware of until Oxman stated it. If Lopez was killed, its more probable that it was over the fact that he was openly opposed to how the admins were running the estate which is a common and fair concern.
Well you know the Jacksons, the so-called evil, greedy black family are the bad guys and should always be looked at with a suspicious eye and Branca, McClain and EVERYONE ELSE who's running the estate and who are profiting are the good guys.....NO DOUBT ABOUT IT. They have the BEST interests of Michael's 3 children and his mother at the forefront of their minds. Their hands are squeaky clean. There's not a greedy motive at all that's driving them. Michael's estate is in great hands with these people. It's better than those 'horrible money-grubbing' Jacksons getting their hands on Michael's money.

You know that's been the 'Song of the Year' since June 25th these various posters have been singing---louder and louder each day.

I'm not buying what they are selling. I'm grieving but I'm not stupid.

It all come down to who you believe if you believe that the items that are being auction off are from family members and friends when oxman says that katherine and the jackson family are against the auction, and oxman say these are some items from neverland and I read joe believe theses items were stolen from micahel home and joe is againt the auction.

Accordind to the Cirque du Soleil, she was involved

LOL yes "wake up dead" picking his words carefully?

He's giving his opinion on everything : children'dna, paternity, drugs, don't forget , he knows all their secrets (written in his website)

Oxman don't ish about Katherine. How many did he lie ? the guy was suspended twice and disbarred once. Why ? because of ethics.
The guy say things, the autopsy say otherwise

Watch the catalogue and you'll see these are not coming from the estate.

It all come down to who you believe if you believe that the items that are being auction off are from family members and friends when oxman says that katherine and the jackson family are against the auction, and oxman say these are some items from neverland and I read joe believe theses items were stolen from micahel home and joe is againt the auction.

oxman said clearly all these items are coming from the estate.

If the family is against the auction, they must call the sellers like Rebbie, Jennifer Batten, David Norhal, Corey Feldman, etc...

Julien said clearly that if Katherine asks for the name's sellers, he will tell her

An associate of mine, committed suicide on the swings in his back yard. His wife went to get him for dinner and found him hanging from one of the swing sets. She had to keep their children inside so they would not find him. So remember, those who decide to end their lives are often not thinking clearly. It is not unknown for someone to kill themselves in their garden or backyard. And the fact that this is done should not be an automatic dismissal of the events.

That being said, I would like to see this played out and would not liked it swept under the rug. I think more things need to be explained.

None of Lopez's friends or family thought he was suicidal.

From my understanding, nobody from the outside could have access

From the vid, it was gated & with alot of trees, bushes - it seemed to have alot of privacy. That being said, it could have been accessed - can't tell about security systems.

Funeral set for entertainment lawyer Peter Lopez

L.A. County coroner has confirmed Lopez's gunshot death as a suicide.
http://www.latimes.com/news/obituaries/la-me-peter-lopez-20100505,0,3306787.story

May 5, 2010

A funeral for entertainment lawyer Peter Lopez will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday at St. Monica Catholic Church in Santa Monica, his family announced.

Lopez, 60, was found dead Friday of a gunshot wound outside his home in Encino. Coroner's officials have confirmed the death as a suicide.

Lopez was a founding partner of Kleinberg Lopez Lange Cuddy and Klein, and over the years represented artists including Michael Jackson, the Eagles and Julio Iglesias. He had bachelor's and law degrees from UCLA and was a member of the California State Athletic Commission.

Survivors include his wife, actress Catherine Bach; their daughters, Sophia and Laura; a son from a previous marriage, Michael; a brother, Arthur; and his parents, Eleanor and Arturo.

I am surprized at how much some people are determined to see everything as a coincidence or an accident.
Three deaths in a row of people who knew Michael and worked with him should rise some suspicions, even if the official version of events is different.
"Facts" can be distorted when the source releasing them has orders to conceal the truth from the public. It's not the first or the last time this is happening.
I'm not saying this is the case with Lopez' death, I'm just saying we should keep our minds open to the possibility that we are fed with lies.

So who were these people? What were they doing there? I find it odd personally to shoot yourself outside when you have guests over. Especially when friends and family have stated that he was not suicidal.

guests? how did you come to that conclusion?
can't they be house staff? such as cook in the kitchen, cleaning lady upstairs making up beds?

some news stories also said he was depressed/sad but did not tell anyone anything.

I'm personally confused about this people don't commit suicide outside / when people around / without signs logic. How can you generalize it for sure?

In my high school one student jumped from the roof when classes were in session and close to hundred people watched him fall, one guy from previous neighborhood told his family he was going out to the yard for a smoke and killed himself. One of them was depressed for sometime but the other one had a fight his girlfriend and committed suicide less than 2 hours later.

Sure examine it in detail and look/wait for more information but do not generalize or jump to conclusions prematurely.

guests? how did you come to that conclusion?
can't they be house staff? such as cook in the kitchen, cleaning lady upstairs making up beds?
Well theyre guests arent they technically? They dont live there. His wife and kids werent there.
I'm personally confused about this people don't commit suicide outside / when people around / without signs logic. How can you generalize it for sure?
There's just something about this that is rubbing not only me but a few others up the wrong way. Something doesnt sit right about all of this. His family didnt see any signs of this and didnt think he was suicidal. What could be seriously plaguing this poor guy so badly to the point of dying? It had to be something fairly extreme. And something that his family wasnt aware of?
Sure examine it in detail and look/wait for more information but do not generalize or jump to conclusions prematurely.
We're not jumping to conclusions and stating anything as fact. Based on the details we have, some of us are thinking out loud and throwing ideas out there to get a feel for who thinks the same way. And there are others that do. This forum is for speculation after all.

- there were people at the residence, yes
Employees of the house (?)..... they obviously knew nothing and probably saw nothing that aroused suspicions that Peter would do something.... in garden. Certainly his wife knows something since she was a person very close. Peter may have shared many things with his wife. It certainly can greatly help the police.

Last edited:
Back