petition to ban sky 1 seance with MJ [ All threads merged ]

Re: petition to ban sky 1 seance with MJ

Signed, guys. This is horrible, I can't believe some people will exploit ANYTHING just to get some ratings, makes me sick!

Oh I heard about this from my favourite Illusioniust Derren Brown a few days ago he said it disgusted him immenseley, I shall sign it then pass it on to him directly I'm sure he'll sign it ;) and probably even tweet it for others to sign too!

edited: I have signed it & also as I said I would I contacted Derren directly & also Mika (Penniman) the singer he likes MJ a lot too so I'm sure he'll sign as well :)

I also sent a message to Andy Nyman who works with Derren Brown, I think he may sign it too who knows we shall see eh

I shall also post this on the Mika forum under the MJ chat section & I have posted it on twitter & facebook I hope it helps to get more signatures!

I'm almost certain Derren will sign & post asking his fans to sign it too

will let you guys know o.k :)

Last edited:

Derek Acorah's a douche and a fake. He can't summon room service let alone a spirit from the "other side". But still I'm signing this because he's staging a seance for ratings and it's just not right and distasteful aswell as taking advantage of desperate fans and making a mockery of their feelings.

Signed.

Last edited:

Oh I heard about this from my favourite Illusioniust Derren Brown a few days ago he said it disgusted him immenseley, I shall sign it then pass it on to him directly I'm sure he'll sign it ;) and probably even tweet it for others to sign too!

edited: I have signed it & also as I said I would I contacted Derren directly & also Mika (Penniman) the singer he likes MJ a lot too so I'm sure he'll sign as well :)

I also sent a message to Andy Nyman who works with Derren Brown, I think he may sign it too who knows we shall see eh

I shall also post this on the Mika forum under the MJ chat section & I have posted it on twitter & facebook I hope it helps to get more signatures!

I'm almost certain Derren will sign & post asking his fans to sign it too

will let you guys know o.k :)
Derren is Great!!! Thanks for letting us know

Derren Brown is brilliant and a real hero of mine... how cool to find some fellow fans of his here!

Here's his link criticizing the seance. The comments are hilarious! http://derrenbrown.co.uk/blog/2009/10/derek-acorah-conduct-michael-jackson-seance-sky/

Got to say, though, that I disagree that Derren would support this petition, because:

-- its objection is stated as a concern that the seance may in fact make contact with MJ and disturb his peace. So it gives credence to a belief he's utterly devoted to dispelling.

-- it asks regulators to ban disturbing spirits. This would only give Derren a chuckle.

-- it asks regulators to ban offending fans. Derren held his own seance to expose psychics as frauds -- thousands of believers were offended and called to complain, but he is allowed to continue, thank goodness. Derren's no hypocrite.

What Derren WOULD love, I imagine, and what would have more meaning to the network, would be emails posted on Sky's website, http://www.skyuser.co.uk/skyinfo/derek_acorah_to_attempt_to.html, pointing out:

-- how shockingly disrespectful to MJ's family and in such vile taste this is, and

-- how astoundingly detrimental to the network's credibility it is to give airtime to proven frauds deliberately deceiving the public.

-- and best of all, if you're a subscriber, how you're going to stop paying.

omg i cant actually believe this!!
im signing right NOW!!
people these days have NO MORALS!!

Signed!
Come on, people, let's sign! All Mj fan´s should... There are only 190 signatures yet... we should avoid this junk. Let Mj soul rest in peace!! He had enough pain in this world. May God bless him and protect him.

signed. As if Michael would contact this charlatan anyway. I don't think so

ive seen the live seance advertised on sky one!!!:( :(

Those who don't find this sort of thing entertaining , or are offended, will know not to watch it.

People who do are going to watch it for entertainment. Most in the UK are well aware that Acorah was completely exposed as a fraud, and will realize anyone willing to be on a show with him are also a fraud. They'll find this amusing. Very few, I assure you, will believe it's real.

Those who do believe it's real... well, they're probably beyond reach...

Sky News will pay attention only if advertising revenues or viewership is threatened, and your petition addresses neither, I'm afraid.

It puts money in the pockets of frauds and rots the public's brains just a little bit further. But it's not worth all this stressing. It will be followed by a day of silly tabloid fodder. Then it will be forgotten by the day after that.

Seance to Michael (Sky tv)

I have sent the below message to June through her official site

Please can I say as a person of colour and a life long Michael Jackson fan and who up to this point has liked and respected June how sad hurt and betrayed I feel by her being any part of this "seance" to Michael.

I respect peoples beliefs and if people truly feel that this is possible it should be respected as such. NOT as a cheap cash in TV show.

I am hurt and will never watch or have anything to do with June Sargpong as a result of her horrendous error of judgment.

Michael Jackson "seance" live on British TV???? whaaaaat??

Sorry if it has been posted (altough I doubt it... i checked quickly, if so, close it :))

OMG., guys.. when I saw it, i was thinking to myself : "are they nuts?"... anyway, sorry for "judging" wish it was true.. but... hm... well, UK fans... up to you to see if you want to believe it or not..... Ola ray will be there too...

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1625586/20091105/jackson_michael.jhtml

Nov 5 2009 12:06 PM EST

'Michael Jackson: The Live Seance' To Air Friday On British TV
Psychic Derek Acorah will attempt to contact Jackson's spirit.
By James Montgomery

Views3,394 6 Comments
100% Rating
Rate ArticleThumbs Up Thumbs Down Share Favorite
In one of the more bizarre media events surrounding Michael Jackson's death, on Friday British television network Sky 1 will broadcast a live séance with the singer's spirit.

In a special "intimate and unique" hour-long event — dubbed "Michael Jackson: The Live Séance" — British psychic Derek Acorah will attempt to contact Jackson's spirit, with the hope of giving the King of Pop's fans the opportunity "to connect with their hero one last time."

"There is an insatiable appetite to find out more about Michael Jackson," Stuart Murphy, Sky 1's director of programs, told Yahoo UK earlier this month. "He was an extraordinary figure and the curiosity surrounding his life — and his death — stretches well beyond fans of his music."

Just how Acorah —best known to British audiences for his long-running paranormal TV series "Ghost Towns" — plans on contacting Jackson's spirit is a closely guarded secret, but according to Kirsty Howell, a publicist for Sky 1, the séance will be held "on an island ... in a secret location familiar to Jackson" before an audience of fans and friends, and will feature mementos from his life.

"We have chosen genuine Michael Jackson fans and people who knew him throughout his life to take part in this event," Howell added. "Derek will also have a personal item from Michael Jackson, and will invite everyone to sit quietly and channel positive thoughts ... he can't force Michael to appear, but he will try inviting his spirit by creating welcoming environment."

Howell added that Sky 1 was aware that some Jackson fans might object to the program, but that it's not meant to be exploitive. Rather, she views it as a tribute to the man and his legacy.

"There are so many Michael Jackson fans out there, people who celebrate his life and his music, and this show is another way for them to connect with him," she said. "We're huge fans of Michael Jackson, and this is a celebration of his life."

"Michael Jackson: The Live Séance" will air at 10 p.m. GMT on Sky 1, and is the second half of a progam examining the singer's life and death. From 9-10 p.m., the network will air "Michael Jackson: The Search for His Spirit," which, according to Sky's program guide, "takes fans on a journey celebrating the life of the troubled, but talented star." American psychic Bobby Marchesso and Jackson's "Thriller" video co-star, Ola Ray, are also featured on the show.

Re: Michael Jackson "seance" live on British TV???? whaaaaat??

oh please!!! haha

so who's gonna be watching this? all you Brits put your hands up :lol:

I look forward to watching it on YT ;)

yeah right.....

whatever....

:-/

seriously, Ola Ray?!?!?

geez.

wish ppl would stop giving this trash attention

Re: Seance to Michael (Sky tv)

It is distasteful and upsetting. I for one wont be watching.

it is live... suppose this idiot CAN speak to the dead, and he doesnt get anything, he will just make it up... dirtying michaels name and speaking words disguised as michaels. I cant BELIEVE sky 1 have allowed it. Im disgusted and very upset by the whole thing.

gonna watch private movies first .then watch it but to me derek acorah is no good

Back