Preliminary Hearing 11/1/11. Day Six. Discussion Thread

From TMZ:

The prosecution has ended its case in the Conrad Murray preliminary hearing after 6 days of testimony.

The defense filed a motion to dismiss, which is routine. It will almost certainly be denied.

Judge Michael Pastor has taken a recess. It's virtually certain that Dr. Murray will be ordered to stand trial.

The Deputy Attorney General who represents the Medical Board of California is in the courtroom. We're told he will ask the judge to suspend Murray's license to practice medicine.

I wonder if anyone snorted when the defense asked for dismissal...I would have felled compelled to laugh at that, if I would have been there, because looking at the evidence, it's pretty clear already that Murray has no way out. :lol:

MJJC on twitter:
unconfirmed report - Murrays Licence has been suspended

Would be about TIME! :mello: I pray and hope it's true! :angel:

TMZ

Dr. Conrad Murray Ordered to Stand to Trial

Dr. Conrad Murray was just ordered to stand trial in the death of Michael Jackson.

Judge Michael Pastor ruled there is sufficient evidence to warrant a manslaughter trial.

Judge Pastor's ruling follows a 6-day preliminary hearing in which more than 20 witnesses were called.

If convicted Murray faces a maximum of 4 years in prison.

Most of the things that we heard in those 6 days were basically unconfirmed at first, via UStream or otherwise. And were confirmed later. Of course they didn't always get it right. But most of the time it was pretty accurate.

Mel on UStream just said that they are working hard to get this confirmed.

This AP article by Linda Deustch was just posted on Huff Post

LOS ANGELES — A judge has ordered the personal physician of Michael Jackson to stand trial for involuntary manslaughter in the death of the pop superstar.

The ruling against Dr. Conrad Murray came Tuesday after a six-day preliminary hearing in Los Angeles.

Authorities contend the 57-year-old Murray gave Jackson a lethal dose of the powerful anesthetic propofol mixed with other sedatives then failed to provide proper care.

Prosecutors concluded the hearing with testimony from two doctors who said Murray acted outside the standard of medical care.

Both witnesses said that even if Jackson had self-administered the last dose of the anesthetic, his death would be a homicide because of Murray's actions.

The doctor has pleaded not guilty, and his attorneys have said he did not give Jackson anything that should have killed him.

Murray could face up to four years in prison if convicted.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-wires/20110111/us-michael-jackson-doctor/

IT'S GOING TO TRIAL!!!! Someone said on TMZ...not confirmed yet though!!!

Ugh. It makes me sick to think someone can commit murder and pay such a small price.

No additional charges...very disappointing and downright ridiculous...

why are you upset that they did not "up" the charges? You do want the Prosecution to WIN right? Even with all the evidence...the prosecution still could not PROVE malicious intent.

there must be a change to upgrade the charges,,

this cant be just IM... no way..

during trial can it then be upgraded? how does the us system work in that?

It should have at least been voluntary manslaughter, he voluntary took all the risk he did, this is beyond ****./ed up, if his license doesn't get suspended. I'm going to explode

Get on TMZ....there's a live stream...I take it there will be someone giving some kind of statement when they come out of courtroom. They're not out yet. Bet we'll then get the exact and accurate information about what Judge Pastor said.

Back