Prince Appreciation Thread - For Fans

Re: Prince...........

Try a file sharing service. That's where I found P Control when I lost it on my computer.

Or I could send you the song. Just let me know.

Does anyone know how I can get the song "Gold" from the album The Gold Experience?

It's not on itunes...I really Really want this song...I used to have it but my ipod went wacky on me and all my songs got deleted....Where can I buy it without having to buy the whole album...?

I guess the quickest way would be too download it, or if someone could upload it for you.

More MJ fans need to listen to Prince. I'm really digging The Black Album at the moment, I can't believe this wasn't released until years later!

Does anyone know how I can get the song "Gold" from the album The Gold Experience?

It's not on itunes...I really Really want this song...I used to have it but my ipod went wacky on me and all my songs got deleted....Where can I buy it without having to buy the whole album...?
You can't buy it anyway, unless you find it in a used store. That album is out of print.

digging The Black Album
Rockhard has some of the best instrumentation i've ever heard. i could write an essay on breaking down those layers, lol.

i still need to check out the Camille album.

The CD is fairly cheap if you buy used on Amazon. I'm glad you brought that up because it's an album I need to get myself, "I Hate U" is one of my favorite Prince tracks. P Control is fun (and funny) as hell too.

I also need to find the remix to "I Hate U". I have no clue what disc that's on though.

Next to Purple Rain The Gold Experience is my favourite Prince album.That one just blows my mind.I wish he'd do an album like that again.Oh and the "I Hate U" remix is on the CD single,PM me if you need it!

Try a file sharing service. That's where I found P Control when I lost it on my computer.

Or I could send you the song. Just let me know.

OMG...I would forever be indebted to you if you could do that....I'd pm you, but I don't know how :(

I finally got my copy of The Gold Experience and the I Hate U single with remixes. I'm glad this thread reminded me to pick up these copies, I got both for less than twenty bucks including shipping off of Amazon. I have no clue why GE is out of print, but whatever.

Prince-I-Hate-U-53082.jpg

I Hate U (Album Version)

I Hate U (Extended Remix)

I Hate U (Quiet Night Remix by Eric Leeds)

What do you people think of the new songs on Prince's web site www.lotusflow3r.com, for the new albums he's releasing this year. I love Discojellyfish, that has a really funky electronic sound. I hope he comes to the UK this year to play a few live shows of his new albums.

What do you people think of the new songs on Prince's web site www.lotusflow3r.com, for the new albums he's releasing this year. I love Discojellyfish, that has a really funky electronic sound. I hope he comes to the UK this year to play a few live shows of his new albums.

I like the mplsound.. en bria valente.. But I doubt if Prince will be hot all over again in the mainstream.. IK DO HOPE SO.. Maybe Bria will hopefully help him out..

Next week the site will go online, and 77$ for a year subscription, but there will be plenty of treats. And Prince is gonna perform on Leno 3 nights in a row.

Any of you guys ever hear of a Celine Dion song called With This Tear? Prince wrote it...Its an amazing song anyone who hasn't heard it really owe it to themselves!

I don't know how true (in general terms) you think this is..

But it seems that there are a lot of people who were originally Michael Jackson fans, and are HUGE fans of Prince too.

BUT.. I used to be on prince.org and most people on there hate MJ and his music.. I gave up on that website, too much constant bashing!

Next week the site will go online, and 77$ for a year subscription, but there will be plenty of treats. And Prince is gonna perform on Leno 3 nights in a row.

I didn't and am not gonna spend the $77 eventhough i'm a big Prince fan, but there are a lot of perks to joining. Can't wait to see Prince on Leno tomorrow tho! I hope he kills it.

I didn't spend the $77. I'm not going to spend $77 just to get a few crappy videos and 3 albums that I could buy for $13 at target (and not as a download, either.)

On the 29th, though, I'm at Target as soon as it opens. I can't wait to hear what Prince has come up with this time around. :)

BUT.. I used to be on prince.org and most people on there hate MJ and his music.. I gave up on that website, too much constant bashing!

I agree. I'm a member of Prince.org, and I get tired of all the MJ bashing. I even pointed out once that MJ fans respect Prince, but Prince fans don't seem to respect MJ. I was ignored.

The CD set comes out this Sunday, doesn't it? He performed a song on Leno last night... I thought it was decent, nice guitar work. It even had a bit of "Purple Rain" tacked on to the beginning.

I thought the song was weak...could have been off any of the last 3 albums he's put out.

I liked the last three albums he put out. It reminded me a bit of "Guitar" or "Fury".

I agree. I'm a member of Prince.org, and I get tired of all the MJ bashing. I even pointed out once that MJ fans respect Prince, but Prince fans don't seem to respect MJ. I was ignored.

I don't like Prince.org at all, it's the most negative site I've ever seen. There is a lot of MJ bashing on it, but a lot of Prince fans on their are quite strange as they are not exactly compliementry about him and their are many negative Prince posts.

Tonight's performance on Jay Leno was pretty good. He even did a spin (and did a little snippet of "Freaks On This Side" from the obscure 1997 album New Power Soul at the end). I didn't know he danced anymore, lol. Looks like he was wearing his elevated sneakers. I didn't see the 1st night, but I saw yesterday & today.

Prince is a good dancer. He doesn't actually get enough credit for how well he moves.

That's because he doesn't usually do choreography with a bunch of background dancers. Prince mostly does freestyle moves (and while wearing heels, lol). The only videos I can recall him doing choreographed dancing is "Batdance" and "Cream".

The guitar he gave the guy during the second performance on The Tonight Show.. it was a TMZ photog I guess and they ended up sending for the guitar :lol:

Usually I'd say that's wrong, but since it's TMZ, no harm done.

Prince is pretty cool to watch. His dancing is pretty good, but some of his stage antics are equally impressive. I love during the VH1 Rock Honors show (can't remember what year.. he did "While My Guitar Gently Weeps") he gives the guitar performance of a lifetime, then just tosses his guitar in the air for someone to catch and leaves.

I just got back from Target, after picking up the new Prince 3 CD set. Listening to Lotus Flow3r at the moment, really like it. :)

Wow... I was not expecting this..

This is a phenomenal set of albums. Crimson And Clover is pretty epic. I read some reviews saying Prince takes this sound back to "Purple Rain" days and I brushed it off as rhetoric, but it's true. A couple songs really remind me of some of the mid-80's material.

I've yet to listen to everything, but so far, it's great.

Back