Prince's Birthday... sending flowers to him :) [ Donate button added on first post ]

Re: Prince's Birthday... sending flowers to him :)

He'll be 13 years old? Instead of flowers why dont we get him a bike.....or all the video games he can eat!? Then a card.

great idea :)

great idea! My little sister kate's birthday is also on April 3rd!! so i definetly wont forget Paris's bday!! This is a great way to show michael's children that we love them and we are there for them during this very difficult time.

Hey guys, May I suggest going to a local florist. A local florist is more likely to give better quality and you know who you're dealing with. You can also see what your getting and make them accountible. I think Lisa said she knew of someone around LA.
There are also certain types of flowers that are more readily available this time of the year. You may want to check on what you can get first. Sometimes it takes a week or 2 lead time to special order. Something simple like roses or carnations would probably be your best bet. I don't know about sunflowers?? Not sure what they grow locally there. Just something to think about. As a part time floral designer, I know a little about flowers/plants here, but California probably has access to a lot more.
You may also want to consider speaking with the florist and have them recommend something "appropriate" for a 13 year old boy. Candy or a gift basket might be something he would respond to more. How about books from Amazon?? I'm sure Michael would approve of that.
Whatever you guys decide is a really sweet idea though. Very nice!

Hey guys, May I suggest going to a local florist. A local florist is more likely to give better quality and you know who you're dealing with. You can also see what your getting and make them accountible. I think Lisa said she knew of someone around LA.
There are also certain types of flowers that are more readily available this time of the year. You may want to check on what you can get first. Sometimes it takes a week or 2 lead time to special order. Something simple like roses or carnations would probably be your best bet. I don't know about sunflowers?? Not sure what they grow locally there. Just something to think about. As a part time floral designer, I know a little about flowers/plants here, but California probably has access to a lot more.
You may also want to consider speaking with the florist and have them recommend something "appropriate" for a 13 year old boy. Candy or a gift basket might be something he would respond to more. How about books from Amazon?? I'm sure Michael would approve of that.
Whatever you guys decide is a really sweet idea though. Very nice!

:clapping::clapping::clapping:

That would be a great ting to do. Now i think about it...A flower alone will be kinda dull...:lol: for a 13 year old. Since we know he loves reading books, we can also get him one.

EXAMPLES:

Chronicles of Narnia

The Door Within trilogy(3 parts) http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...ield-keywords=The+Door+Within+trilogy&x=0&y=0

It's also said that they LOVE TWILIGHT!!! maybe they've read all the books...I dont know but book is a great GIFT...anyone has any IDEA???

L.O.V.E.
Romi

I wish i could help out in some way :(

Guys PLEASE DONT MAKE IT DIFFICULT BY INCLUDING NEW IDEAS.

THE FLOWERS ARE FINE.

We are Michael's fans. Sending flowers to Prince is telling him WE ARE THINKING OF HIM AND SUPPORTING HIM.
Therefore there is no need to send gifts like bikes, etc. His family know exactly what new video games/books/etc., he needs and it is more appropriate for them to give him these items.

KEEP THE ORIGINAL IDEA: Flowers are good and show exactly what we want to say.

THE FLOWERS ARE FINE.

We are Michael's fans. Sending flowers to Prince is telling him WE ARE THINKING OF HIM AND SUPPORTING HIM.
Therefore there is no need to send gifts like bikes, etc. His family know exactly what new video games/books/etc., he needs and it is more appropriate for them to give him these items.

ok hun...what you said makes sense...Was just thinkin about what my cousin would've liked(he's 13 years old) and I guess its appropriate since i'm a family member...Tnx again :hug:

L.O.V.E.
Romi

THE FLOWERS ARE FINE.

okay. good point. I was worried about flowers, because I thought it's not a gift a 13-year old boy would like to get. But you are right I guess. Flowers would be a nice gesture.

I don't think he would like flowers very much!
yeah, that little playful boy, surely wont enjoy flowers. choosing a gift for him is the hardest.

i really wish we could give him more something little.

i believe comic book are great for Prince like STAR WARS SPIDER MAN, BAT MAN. we can buy him only one or 2 if we had money left over okay?
but the point is we shall buy them from another shop and they surely wont arrive along with the sunflowers, UNLESS, someone buy the book before sat and give it to the florist to send it along with the flower. what u think?

2 comic book suffice i think and so it wont be so dull. how about 2 or 3 balloons too? we can ask the florist to attack them to the flowers. u know i do not mean to make it expensive but more childlike.

and as u know once :heart:Michael gave him a gift that costed 2$ only.

Last edited:

and if sunflowers are expensive and rare, we may decide on another kind. sorry i do not know much about names of flowers, roses and sunflowers are all i know. :blush:

i believe roses are too grown-upish for Prince. but sunflowrs r symbol of peace and love. thats why i suggested but if not available, i bet there are a looooooooot more beautiful flowers from which we to choose. :yes:

I really love this idea guys!! I would like to be in on this :) Are you doing a card? maybe list the countries where the fans who are giving him this gift are from..?

http://www.ftd.com/birthday-ctg/occasion-birthday/?noparent_bread=1 have some great ideas for birthday bouquets and baskets if you guys fancied a look there. They have a lot of baskets with snacks, balloons and sweets which I'm sure Prince would absolutly love. Let me know when you have a paypal link set up so I can donate something to it.

We should write something on the card.

Dear Prince,

Happy birthday!
Then some beautiful and inspirational words (I can't think of any, everything I think of seems lame) And then something like Wishing you all the best, your friends from all over the world (and then a list of countries)

http://www.ftd.com/birthday-ctg/occasion-birthday/?noparent_bread=1 have some great ideas for birthday bouquets and baskets if you guys fancied a look there. They have a lot of baskets with snacks, balloons and sweets which I'm sure Prince would absolutly love. Let me know when you have a paypal link set up so I can donate something to it.

The candy and cakes look delicious there. I wish someone would send them to me for my birthday lol

Ok...so these are the countries that i got so far

Ethiopia
Finland
Germany
Iceland
Netherlands
Norway
Romania
Russia
Sweden
United Kingdom
United States

Please add if I have not done enough...:)

L.O.V.E.
Romi

I don't think sending sunflowers for birthday is appropriate. I think we can choose something like bouquet of roses, stock, lilies, daisy poms, waxflower and sala along with balloons. Do you think it will be girly? Any way it was an idea and I'm in for whatever you choose, I just thought about something colorful for his birthday.

Ok...so these are the countries that i got so far

Ethiopia
Finland
Germany
Iceland
Netherlands
Norway
Romania
Russia
Sweden
United Kingdom
United States

Please add if I have not done enough...:)

L.O.V.E.
Romi

I only found this thread today.count me in tooooooo
We need an Aussie contingent in there!

Will watch out for Pay pal details.......

Thanks for organising......

Here's some more ideas...just THINK about it before turning it down.
http://ww10.1800flowers.com/product.do?baseCode=93049&dataset=10147&cm_cid=d10147
It's a tin of Happy Birthday cookies, every time you open the box it sings Happy Birthday WHICH COULD BE DELIVERED for $34.99
http://ww10.1800flowers.com/product.do?baseCode=93236&dataset=10147&cm_cid=d10147
A Giant fortune cookie for $29.99
http://ww10.1800flowers.com/product.do?baseCode=93234&dataset=10147&cm_cid=d10147
The Candy Apple for $19.99
http://ww10.1800flowers.com/product.do?baseCode=93259&dataset=10147&cm_cid=d10147
A Super Sweet Basket full of candy, it ranges from $39.98-$99.99
http://ww10.1800flowers.com/product.do?baseCode=93057&dataset=10147&cm_cid=d10147
Birthday in a box with cookies and a mini cake for $39.99
http://ww10.1800flowers.com/product.do?baseCode=93241&dataset=10147&cm_cid=d10147
Chocolate covered Oreos for $32.99
We could do one of those PLUS flowers or a big Balloon Bouquet which is $29.99
All of these CAN be delivered by the company.
JUST a thought.

Hey everyone!
Lisa just handed everything to me to go ahead and get set up. So HERE is the Donate Button.
We need to go ahead and decide TODAY what we will be getting so that we can go ahead and contact the company to deliver on Saturday.

EDIT:

pixel.gif

Last edited:

I will donate when I get home from work in about 5-6 hours. I will give 10 dollars.

I really like the idea of giving him cookies. I think we should see how much money we have and choose then.

Back