Silly question but...

To be fair (to the Hat), the sequined gloves have it easy..not only do they get to grab some of Michael Jackson's most beautiful and much saught after body parts (* p-e-l-v-i-c t-h-r-u-s-t-s/c-r-o-t-c-h g-r-a-b-s*), they also go right back into the tour costume wardrobe saving the painful flight into the throng of fans.

Is it any wonder the Hat needs some 1-0-1 chats with Michael?

:cat: I actually have a flight to catch tomorrow morning and need sleep desperately..what the heck am I doing?!

come on though, what is the fedora complaining about? Its DESIGNED to be thrown! Its a circular shape that can go DISTANCES! He needs to just suck it up and stop interrupting MJs performances lol

You all really need to watch this again, and it would help you if you could lip read because you could see what really went on.

The hat was laying on the floor across the stage from Mike, (Mike actually glanced over at it a few times) Mike was quite angry at the hats selfish behaviour. Earlier on in the performance as the hat sat on Michaels head it was complaining throughout the whole routine, Michael put up with it for a while but then the hat threatened to jump off his head in the middle of the next routine and make Mike look stupid, well that was the last straw for Michael so he whipped the hat from his head and threw it across the stage.

All the while Mike could hear it moaning and groaning as it lay on the other side of the stage. Michael began to feel a bit sorry for it, he thought to himself how well the hat had performed in the past and how when Mike had tilted it so far over his face that the hat held on for dear life so as not to make Mike look a fool.
Mike walked over, looked down at it and circled around, Mike said are you going to behave if I pick you up, 'Yes said the hat' so Mike picked it up and said 'I will not put up with jealousy or selfishness' 'but' said the hat, it's not fair that the glove gets all the best jobs, 'Enough' said Michael as he slapped the hat and dented the middle, 'besides' said Mike, the glove was given that job because it glitters, 'Well' said the hat, if I had his job I would glitter too.
Mike walked to the middle of the stage and said this is your last chance, he held the hat out so it could see better and he slid the glove up and down his chest, 'Ohhhh!!!' said the hat as Michael slapped it back on his head.
Luckily for the hat, it did behave, but to this day it still tries to steal the sequins (sp) from the glove when it falls asleep.

ahahaha :rofl:

I knew it!! I knew the hat wanted the sequins!!

Michael needs to remind the hat that it wouldn't look so good with sequins :lol:

I'm still vouching for Mike man. I still don't think the glove had anything to do with it. when has THE HAT came out with any albums lately? eh? Right i didn't think so. So it should just SHUT UP. LOL Quit complaining and enjoy MJ's hair product, ya dig?

I'm still vouching for Mike man. I still don't think the glove had anything to do with it. when has THE HAT came out with any albums lately? eh? Right i didn't think so. So it should just SHUT UP. LOL Quit complaining and enjoy MJ's hair product, ya dig?

You're quite J5master, the glove is the innocent party in all of this, but the hat will always be troublesome until it gets the promotion it craves.
By the way J5 you get a point for your 'Silly Question'.

:lol::rollin::crackingup::rofl:
Ya'll crack me up!!! Listen to yourselves, people...talking hats and gloves....shiiish!:rolleyes:
For your information...HATS DON'T TALK! *rolls eyes*

:p:lol:^_^

It was the shoes in a conspiracy with the gloves to get rid of the hat because it took the glove' shining protagonism-_-

Last edited:
hats do talk, didn't u know? MJ couldn't have been talking to anyone else, he made DIRECT EYE CONTACT with the hat :lol:

You might have something there though. The shoes get no love. MJ fronts by saying he where's the white socks to show off his feet, and the shoes...but the socks just get more attention. Its the hat, glove, and jacket that comes out of that infamous case...not the shoes.

I mean where would MJ be without those loafers? He would be moonwalking in those socks and the socks wouldn't have liked that.

and the loafers havent been gettin much play either! All because of ebony...now MJ's wearing those boots that make him look about an inch taller :lol:

Who knows....lol

why in the world does MJ have tiny conversations with his hat on some Billie Jean performances? :lol: Its the funniest thing :lol:

He's done it a lot but he realllly looks crazy in this video at 2:49 ish lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZofsYfrmm5I

Any theories? :lol:

Would you like the real answer? :

It's part of his miming. He does it due to the hat becoming a partner for the final sequence.

So really it should be the glove that is jealous.

OMG you guys are tooo much!! :toofunny: :toofunny:

But to be serious for a while...I think the "talking to the hat" part is supposed to be like he's pretending to be talking to a girl or something in his imagination...you know...being a "gentleman"...You know, he's bowing and just being a gentleman to a "lady"..The hat is just there to help him imagine whre the girl would be...At least that's how I always understood that part. The song IS about a girl, so it would make sense somehow...But you know....it could mean anything. We'd need to ask Mike! :toofunny:

Last edited:
OMG you guys are tooo much!! :toofunny: :toofunny:

But to be serious for a while...I think the "talking to the hat" part is supposed to be like he's pretending to be talking to a girl or something in his imagination...you know...being a "gentleman"...You know, he's bowing and just being a gentleman to a "lady"..The hat is just there to help him imagine whre the girl would be...At least that's how I always understood that part. The song IS about a girl, so it would make sense somehow...But you know....it could mean anything. We'd need to ask Mike! :toofunny:

It's part of his miming. He does it due to the hat becoming a partner for the final sequence.

But I was almost sorry I posted that because it seemed to kill the thread.:cry: I like the speculative answers better.

its cos when he performed live he would be singing i think or talking into he microphone. But to get rid of the crowd noise people but the soundtrack over the image I think!!

...Casting a spell over his hat. His hat is magical, and he's creating this magic with his hand-movements... transforming his hat. It's not really a hat.

That is correct he is casting a spell over the hat.
so he can work his magic once he puts the hat on
He is waves his hands over it and then waves his hand over his
body to clear his aura .. He puts the hat on and then the magic begins

Watch Michael Jackson cast a Magical Spell
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJJuzSnN_NI

Last edited:
i guess he feels like the hat is his friend cause its been there since the 80's lol but funny enough I never seem him talk to his glove like that lol

Me either. I guess the glove was complaining too much.

BTW what tour was that in? Dangerous? Cuz that was a GREAT performance lol

Edit: Nevermind, it's a mix. :)

Last edited:
I think the actions of waving your hand over a hat are supposed to be like doing a magic trick i.e (pulling a rabbit out of a hat) to make the hat look magical!
michael is into his magic quite alot!!

Back