Smooth Criminal better than Thriller

analogue

Proud Member
That's right i said it. I think that Smooth Criminal is a better video than Thriller and it deserves more attention because it's just a masterpiece. I wish that they would show the full 10 minute version of Smooth Criminal on the music channels instead of the crappy edited 4 minute version. Thriller may have been groundbreaking but stylistically, cinematically, and emotionally Smooth Criminal is the better video (IMO)

I'm not bashing Thriller BTW it's a great video and i love it

I reckon that Bad was better then SC cinematically

Mike did say he gets more mentionings and appreciation for Smooth Criminal than any other piece he's ever done.

Well IMO it is the best video ever made. Not just by Michael. My favorite as well. And btw, what is this thread doing in here? Music makes the world go round?

i'm glad to know i'm not the only one who feels like that. i also think beat it and bad are better.

Yes, I agree Smooth Criminal is better than Thriller..i love that video and I love his dance moves in it..the lean is great!!!But Thriller is still a good video, just not as Smooth Criminal.

naw because aside from the Lean really SC ain't touching what the Thriller video meant and represented. now SC is One of His Best Videos ever, but Thriller is still out of this world period IMO.

SC better...? ...No...Thriller better?...Uhm no again :lol: Gosh I cant choose, I'm a sucker for both :lol: They're the 2 best videos of all time, not just by Michael but any other artists :punk: :punk:
But I wish SC'll be given more credit. Any time they show SC on TV it's always the crappy edited 4 min version :mad:!

I couldn't agree- my fav video of Mj's always changes. Personally I think Black or White is better than SC. But whose to say which one is "better"? I mean they are mostly all so different!

One of the biggest shames is that the full Smooth Criminal video wasn't released as the video single. So many people think the sped up video is the real one.

One of the biggest shames is that the full Smooth Criminal video wasn't released as the video single. So many people think the sped up video is the real one.

I know! I hate the sped up one. That's the one uploaded on MJ's youtube page too :doh:

Smooth Criminal is my absolute favourite video period :D

Ghost is better. lol

Actually, Thriller is better than SC.

Smooth Criminal is hot! Everything about it, from the outfits, the setting, the dancing, Michaels aggression and smoothness. Its perfection. The sped up video gets on my nerves, but I guess it would be too long otherwise.

Smooth Criminal is AWESOME, truly a masterpiece; the best dancing ever!
But personally I still prefer Thriller.

Last edited:
that sped up version was just taken from the end of MOONWALKER.. while the credits go they play that sped up version... It's old.. IDK why they used it..

^ YES!!! how u know??? Are u involved??

I'm keeping an eye on you.. :scratch:

lol!

Last edited:
I love them both, and for good reason!~

I couldn't pick between the two :no:

i agree lol i loooooooooove the thriller video i truely do but smooth criminal is just mind blowing! everything about it

i think both iz kewl cuz hello!! hez michael jackson!!!

Man, that random ass picture you posted for absolutely no reason is ****king badass. I'm going to go make it my desktop... and new sig. I'm sure you don't mind. Thanks!

EDIT: Oh, Smooth Criminal is cool and stuff.

(I'm on topic.)

Last edited:
Back