Support Forum to phase out

I look forward to the future Victoria :weeping: I thoroughly enjoyed being a part of helping people out at this dreadful time.

ОМG this is terrable.This was one of my favourite forums... so special place...

I think it is a good decision.

Ppl just have faith in yourselves and go on supporting eachother in other parts of the forums or on pm. you can be there for eachother so many ways!

I'll be around too... well as often as I can... but I will be very busy with work also... for example I'll hardly make it to the forum at all.

Still I'll be there and I'll respond to my pm as soon as possible.

See my post in GD. You can STILL help. Please add your contact info to the list here, to be able to support people one-on-one, if you want. I'd like to thank everyone here for the tremendous job you've been doing. I know it's been an emotional time for everyone.

I KNOW people are still struggling. However, it's almost five months since Michael's passing, and anyone still in an agony of grief needs to seek professional counseling. I am very concerned about some people in here. This is only the internet, and it comes to a point where life can turn around for the better through face-to-face contact with a grief-counselor. I hope everyone understands?

I'd especially like to thank Mechi, who has been absolutely heroic in dealing with a terrible personal loss, and also helping people here, SO much!

See my post in GD. You can STILL help. Please add your contact info to the list here, to be able to support people one-on-one, if you want. I'd like to thank everyone here for the tremendous job you've been doing. I know it's been an emotional time for everyone.

I KNOW people are still struggling. However, it's almost five months since Michael's passing, and anyone still in an agony of grief needs to seek professional counseling. I am very concerned about some people in here. This is only the internet, and it comes to a point where life can turn around for the better through face-to-face contact with a grief-counselor. I hope everyone understands?

Yes, 100% definitely. Just seems like I joined the party 5 minutes before it ended.

Yes, 100% definitely. Just seems like I joined the party 5 minutes before it ended.

Your help has been very valuable, and thank you! You can still help by adding your name to this list, if you haven't already. These are board members who've offered to "comfort and support," one-on-one by IM, PM, or email.

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67535

I'm not sure when the Support Forum will be taken down, or what will be archived, but if there is anything anyone wants to "capture," I'd suggest copying and pasting soon, so you'll have the info and writings you want to keep.

It's sad for me that this section of the board is closing. Many times this was the outlet I had to express my grief over Michael since I don't know anyone in my life who is actually hurting like I am and it really helped me to talk to other fans. It's not like i'm crying every minute or something, but there are times when the passing of Michael really hits me and I get very upset and need to talk to other fans about it, so coming here has really been comforting for me. I respect the decision though, but I can't say i'm not sad this is closing.

It's sad for me that this section of the board is closing. Many times this was the outlet I had to express my grief over Michael since I don't know anyone in my life who is actually hurting like I am and it really helped me to talk to other fans. It's not like i'm crying every minute or something, but there are times when the passing of Michael really hits me and I get very upset and need to talk to other fans about it, so coming here has really been comforting for me. I respect the decision though, but I can't say i'm not sad this is closing.

I DO understand, and there will still be people to talk to. Please copy and save the thread that lists names and contact info for those who will offer support through PM, IM, and email. I know it helps to talk to other fans, but at some point, too, we must find ways to heal in our "real" (not internet) lives. I hope everyone understands?

People, we will soon begin to lock threads. Please copy and save what you'd like to keep from here?

Hugs,

Vic

thanx you everyone for all your help , suport ,respect and love.

I DO understand, and there will still be people to talk to. Please copy and save the thread that lists names and contact info for those who will offer support through PM, IM, and email. I know it helps to talk to other fans, but at some point, too, we must find ways to heal in our "real" (not internet) lives. I hope everyone understands?

People, we will soon begin to lock threads. Please copy and save what you'd like to keep from here?

Hugs,

Vic

I understand Victoria and i'll take your advice. Thanks for the support :hug:.

thanx you everyone for all your help , suport ,respect and love.

...........Same counts for me,thank you ALL so Much,we can add eachother as friends here on the forum and stay in contact that way also,and ofcourse PM,IM,whateva':D:yes:

((((((((((((((Warm hugs for you all:better:)))))))))))))))))))))

Thank you SO Much MJJJC staff for this wonderful forum and support:D:yes::wub::better:

wow, so soon every thread will be locked? The forum will perish then.......

Yes. Very soon every thread will be locked. The forum has run its course. Nearly five months after Michael's passing, if some are still having emotional emergencies, we strongly urge that they seek professional counseling. If depression goes on for too long, it is hard to break the cycle. We will retain the contact info for hotlines and online grief-counseling.

So please begin no new threads here!
If there is material you'd like to save from the forum, I suggest you focus on that?

Be sure and copy the list of those willing to talk by PM, IM, or email, but realize this does not replace professional counseling.

Take care of yourselves, please!

Vic

I can understand the decision as it's time for everyone to move on, but I will definately miss this place and all the lovely people here, this is the first place that I start posting ever since I joined MJJC and I got lots of precious moments here. Just want to take this chance to thank you everyone for your L.O.V.E and support. You are all amazing. :)

See you all around in the other parts of the forum. :hug:

how can you do this.how can you close this part of the forum.i just realized i need this so bad.i dont want talk to individual people in private IM i need this forum because i need read others who are struggle like me at this time.this is so bad omg i cant cope. why do you get to decide when its time for every one to move on now.it only been 5 months.that is so early, just like it happened yesterday.if this was 5 years i would say ok then but 5 months i have only just began mourning real bad.i dont want real counseling i need these people please please it all i have

I agree with you Jen we all have to be strong, but this thread is needed for many here. This forum is going to lose alot of people!! It's better for people to express their grief here, than nowhere at all.

how can you do this.how can you close this part of the forum.i just realized i need this so bad.i dont want talk to individual people in private IM i need this forum because i need read others who are struggle like me at this time.this is so bad omg i cant cope. why do you get to decide when its time for every one to move on now.it only been 5 months.that is so early, just like it happened yesterday.if this was 5 years i would say ok then but 5 months i have only just began mourning real bad.i dont want real counseling i need these people please please it all i have

I agree with you on this! There is not a set time i personally dont feel that u need professional help!!

Sometimes i have bad days and need to just come in hear and read other peoples thoughts and messages! I think 5 months is not enough time to expect people to just stop opening up! Its a shame

How can you close this? This is one of the most active forums on the board and I strongly believe that it gives great comfort to a lot of people here. There are many people who probably read this forum every day but don't post. It helps them to cope with their grief by reading others who are going through the same thing.

I understand that you feel you need to get on with your life now, but I don't see where the problem in leaving this forum open comes in. Many people here, including myself, are still in the beginning of the grieving process. And not long after This Is it has come out, it has opened a lot of old wounds for many of us, and I feel this is the time we need this forum more than ever.

Eventually most of us will get better in dealing with Michael's death, but after only a couple of months, I honestly don't believe this forum should be closed. It's helping many people deal with their pain and if that's taken away from them, I am certain some people are going to fall hard and not know how else to deal with their grief so will do something horrible to themselves.

If you want to move on with your life then that's great and I'm glad you aren't struggling much anymore. But for a lot of us, this forum is really important and I truly believe it should be kept open.

I agree with you Jen we all have to be strong, but this thread is needed for many here. This forum is going to lose alot of people!! It's better for people to express their grief here, than nowhere at all.

I agree with you on this! There is not a set time i personally dont feel that u need professional help!!

Sometimes i have bad days and need to just come in hear and read other peoples thoughts and messages! I think 5 months is not enough time to expect people to just stop opening up! Its a shame

How can you close this? This is one of the most active forums on the board and I strongly believe that it gives great comfort to a lot of people here. There are many people who probably read this forum every day but don't post. It helps them to cope with their grief by reading others who are going through the same thing.

I understand that you feel you need to get on with your life now, but I don't see where the problem in leaving this forum open comes in. Many people here, including myself, are still in the beginning of the grieving process. And not long after This Is it has come out, it has opened a lot of old wounds for many of us, and I feel this is the time we need this forum more than ever.

Eventually most of us will get better in dealing with Michael's death, but after only a couple of months, I honestly don't believe this forum should be closed. It's helping many people deal with their pain and if that's taken away from them, I am certain some people are going to fall hard and not know how else to deal with their grief so will do something horrible to themselves.

If you want to move on with your life then that's great and I'm glad you aren't struggling much anymore. But for a lot of us, this forum is really important and I truly believe it should be kept open.

You all make good points, and I can definitely see your reasoning but there is a good reason to stop activity in this part of MJJC. Please bear with me as I think it's quite difficult to explain.

People take suicide and depression different ways. Some prefer to talk it over with good friends, people they can rely on and they know will support them. MJJC still does all of that. Thats what this thread is for (and I noticed that some of you have posted there). That thread pretty much lists everyone who will talk to anyone needing help, as long as the one needing is willing to talk. If you have a problem and you are feeling low, just check that thread out. You don't need a big group discussion (which also runs the risk of turning sour, I've seen this a few times). The people there offered themselves to help you through the bad times, no matter how bad, so take their help. You need to remember they are completely trained - we aren't. There are certain things they learn while at the job that we don't, thats the truth.

The more important factor into closing this section is its reliability. Some of the people who post here and around MJJC are rock bottom. Really, really low. They post a thread which puts them in good spirits, which is of course a good thing. But next time they are in a similar position (which hopefully they won't be) they will come here again because they know it will bring a temporary faith-boost. They may deny a true face-to-face professional to listen to friends here, who can only say so much. Local help centers can work with you over a long period of time to solve problems. Who knows what might happen to members here? Something taken as a joke to some may cause offense to others, you have to play it safe. We can't run the risk of having more losses-of-life (even if there are more of them who we save) simply because they prefered to talk here then a true professional.

If they need uis to give them advice as to what to do, great, there is the thread I posted earlier. But professional advice must come before friendly suggestions.

Maybe it could be possible to have just ONE support thread somewhere for everyone to post in?

I just think this place has stopped some people from hitting rock bottom tom in my opinion!

Yes I would agree, It definitely has. But the people feeling this way from now on still have plenty of different people to contact. This just shouldnt be the place to go instead of a professional.

Maybe it could be possible to have just ONE support thread somewhere for everyone to post in?

Thats a good suggestion but I think that it may end up clogged with people posting as its the only thread on the subject. Those wanting to help being bogged down and losing track of who says what, the atmosphere being lowered by everyone of the same bad state together...

Yes I would agree, It definitely has. But the people feeling this way from now on still have plenty of different people to contact. This just shouldnt be the place to go instead of a professional.

Well i suppose the mods have made the choice so there is not much that can be done! I just dont like how because it has been 5 months they feel the need to close the support thread! 5 months is nothing!!

I'm not saying any of you are doing this, but some times people love the attention they get from claiming they are in pain.
Look at how many posts the support forum has!
That is grounds for getting attention.
*I'm hurt.*
Then people flood the thread with love and beautiful thoughts.
That's not normal.

Another thing that is happening, people are NOT getting help.
Being sad, that's normal.
Hearing a song, smelling a scent, seeing a movie etc. that reminds you of Michael and makes you cry, that's normal.
Wanting to hurt yourself, that's not normal.
You must seek help away from the board.
You must talk to someone face to face.

Closing this support forum will force people to get that help they need.
The sooner the better.

It shouldn't matter if they close it now or six months from now.
If you can't cope, you need to get help.

Well i suppose the mods have made the choice so there is not much that can be done! I just dont like how because it has been 5 months they feel the need to close the support thread! 5 months is nothing!!

It's not like those seeking help are stranded from now on. The topic of those willing to help has boomed in the past few days. Maybe 1 on 1 help is more effective than a group discussion where people have different opinions. Whichever one it is, those who need help can still get it.

Guys, really read Victoria's post in GD. I think it's a good decision.

It's only that part of the forum that is going, not the people - we will all still be here to help you. But I too worry sometimes that other people's emotions on here are being made to feel a lot stronger from others. If that makes sense?

The help you need isn't going anywhere. We're all still here.

The staff on here do such a fantastic job, and we need to respect their decision. And Victoria's decision. I think in time you will see this is a good thing for everyone's mind.

No one is saying that it's time we all stop grieving for Michael - far from it. But we need to start looking after ourselves and getting into a better frame of mind.

Don't forget, we are all still here. That's what my PM box is for too :huggy:

Hug everyone :)

Back