The fans are damaging Michaels new album.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: I guess we have to assume.....

cancel your preorders, it aint worth your time

It isn't? When we know there are songs on there that are definitely Michael, no question about it? That isn't worth it? It is to me.

Is this the kind of crap we will have to put up with for every new MJ release?

I remember the weeks leading up to the release of the This Is It film, people claiming that it's not 100% MJ in the film. Now with the Michael album coming, the same thing is happening again. I've got to say this kind of talk really ruins times that should be happy for MJ fans. Is this the kind of BS that we will have to put up with for every MJ release from now on?

Do I think it's MJ singing on Breaking News? Yes I do. If there is some actual PROOF that it's not MJ, I'll be the first to say I'm wrong. But if it's shown that it is MJ on the track, something seriously needs to be done to all the fans here that are spouting off like they are audio experts and such. Because they are ruining what should be a good time for other MJ fans.

Re: Is this the kind of crap we will have to put up with for every new MJ release?

I'm delighted to hear a voice of sanity here and I couldn't agree with you more. All this arguing does is project an image of Michael fans as a bunch of conspiracy theorists and does nothing to promote his memory

Re: Is this the kind of crap we will have to put up with for every new MJ release?

I remember the weeks leading up to the release of the This Is It film, people claiming that it's not 100% MJ in the film. Now with the Michael album coming, the same thing is happening again. I've got to say this kind of talk really ruins times that should be happy for MJ fans. Is this the kind of BS that we will have to put up with for every MJ release from now on?

Do I think it's MJ singing on Breaking News? Yes I do. If there is some actual PROOF that it's not MJ, I'll be the first to say I'm wrong. But if it's shown that it is MJ on the track, something seriously needs to be done to all the fans here that are spouting off like they are audio experts and such. Because they are ruining what should be a good time for other MJ fans.

Such a wonderful post, thank you for this!
Regarding the new MJ releases - unfortunately I guess it'll always be like that now with the argueing and speculations and stuff whether it is MJ or not...!

Re: It's more simple than all of this (I think)!!

I agree with you. Good points.

Re: It's more simple than all of this (I think)!!

But it clearly states on the official album press release that Breaking News is a song from the album.....??

MJ's family are the kings of claiming "conspiracies" and "cover ups", etc. They have done this in every situation for as long as I can remember.

The problem here is this: When we heard the song, a seed had already been planted in our heads that said "It could be fake", so our guard was up. We went into this with a tainted perception that songs were fake. Now some have taken it to the extreme claiming every song that isn't signature MJ is fake. It's not fair to do that.

I am sitting on the fence, and have seen valid opinions and facts shared from both sides of the argument. I refuse to jump on a train before I know more information. People are acting out of emotion and not logic and refusing to see the big picture. I can't understand why some fans on this board have this massive conspiracy elaborated in their mind from information that may not be correct. Of course the vocals on BN are not signature MJ, but does that mean they aren't him? Time will tell of course. In my opinion, if let's say "Shout" was the lead single and we were in the same situation...many people would claim it to be a fake because it's not signature MJ music. The seed had been planted before.

People have to take into account that MJ was sampling all the time, doing new genres of music with different voices. He loved altering his voice to seem different. He's said it himself many times. That's why I'm not discounting anything right now. I know his vocals ARE on the Cascio tracks, but it also appears that there is someone else singing in them as well. Hopefully when the estate release a statement they will clear this up.

I'm trying not to let this ruin my excitement. If there's 12 songs and only 3 Cascio... that's not bad. We know MJ did work with Cascio, so it only makes sense that these songs will contain some of his vocals. We have to look at it logically. I'm holding off on any attacks and emotional fits until I see the bigger picture in respect to what is going on.

That's all

It depends. Had something like Another Day, DYKWYCA, Much Too Soon been the first song out of the album, nobody would have any doubts.

I hear you. I feel the same. I feel like there will always be trouble now. Michael left us and we are like orphans now, not knowing who to trust and who to listen to.

I am really upset that every time it's Michael's family who is starting it. Because I truly believe that everything can be sorted in private. If you have doubts, you can ask for proof, if they are not giving it, you can threaten them with a law suit. but instead if it they always always go in twitter and pull the fans into this horrible mess. it's not how the things should be done. It's not good for Michael's name.

Teddy Riley said it best in the radio interview

There's so much friction and people just don't understand family everyone needs to get this legacy going. Like everyone saying "Elvis is still alive" Well you are killing Michael. Why? I wanted to tell you that all that's going on is all about money and everyone is in it for the wrong reasons. Their intentions are wrong.

I thought of Shout when I heard the song.

In TII, in "Memories of Michael" he gets up and demonstrates what he thinks of being an "high, ethereal voice" for Thriller. In just those 2 seconds the guy can put a female Mezzosoprano to shame.

Dude liked playing with sounds, putting them on a microscope.

I do hear Michael in the song- AND someone else. The should have brought out the "fine print" about crediting Porte- now the damage is kinda done with people going overboard. Heck, if someone else is to play on a song of mine, I would make sure to credit them in the same place where I publish that song- I didn't find anything like that and that's the part that stinks.

I'd like to hear people 150 years from now when Michael's music has become part of general "music library of humanity" as it is already- it will become the norm for others to perform his music, just the way classic music is being performed by others than just the composer.
The public pulled the same stunts with Mozart and his later works, amazing to see the similarities.

150 years from now nobody will bat an eyelash anymore about the performers of that era performing MJ's music, it will become normal. It's just us freaking out right now.

Re: I guess we have to assume.....

I love Chaos!

He/she always makes me smile! Post more, damn you! Haha!

A possible solution?

A possible solution to the current controversy and to my eyes a win win situation would be to release the demo versions of the songs on Michael as they were left by Michael. People could then judge for themselves. They could sell a limited edition 2 disc album with the 2nd disc containing the demoes or available as an Ep on iTunes.

Over the last few days fans on here and other fan forums have done serious damage to Michaels new album, most fans heard the rumour about fake lyrics and went with it. They didn't take their time to think logically about what was being claimed they just got themselfs into a frenzy. It was fairly obvious that Sony wouldn't risk a $200 million investment by using a song that had anything but Michaels vocals on it. They had a choice of over a 100 songs and only had to pick one for the teaser, there was no way if they had a song that had debatable vocals they would use this as the first song. If there was any question about who sang on it they then they could have left it on the album but picked another song for the teaser but no they were confident it was 100% Michael. They had plenty of reasons to be confident as they carried out independent investigations to verify that it was indeed Michael. The problem on Monday was that most of the fans weren't interested in logic, they managed to feed a controvery that may have done serious damage to the album. I only hope that many have learned a lesson from this and will think before typing the next time.

It's not and never will be Michael's new album. It's sony and the estate's new album.

Welcome to the realpolitik of the commercial imperative.

Logic should be telling you that it is simply impossible to come up with any circumstance whereby Michael would have sanctioned the release of BN.

This thread should be renamed to "The Cascios are damaging Michael and his fans"

Over the last few days fans on here and other fan forums have done serious damage to Michaels new album, most fans heard the rumour about fake lyrics and went with it. They didn't take their time to think logically about what was being claimed they just got themselfs into a frenzy. It was fairly obvious that Sony wouldn't risk a $200 million investment by using a song that had anything but Michaels vocals on it. They had a choice of over a 100 songs and only had to pick one for the teaser, there was no way if they had a song that had debatable vocals they would use this as the first song. If there was any question about who sang on it they then they could have left it on the album but picked another song for the teaser but no they were confident it was 100% Michael. They had plenty of reasons to be confident as they carried out independent investigations to verify that it was indeed Michael. The problem on Monday was that most of the fans weren't interested in logic, they managed to feed a controvery that may have done serious damage to the album. I only hope that many have learned a lesson from this and will think before typing the next time.

I wholeheartedly agree with your post, couldn't have said it better. There is too much doom and gloom going on in the Fan community now.

What? those $200 million where the entrance ticket for sony to do anything they want. do you really think they are pure angels, wanting the best for michael jackson? they're out for the money, which isn't necessarily bad, in fact, making money isn't bad it all, but:

if their plan is to release a (fake) song, then that's the plan, you won't be able to ever stop them. if they want to release an album where 3 out of 12 tracks are disgusting fake tracks, you can't stop them. they THINK putting an imitator on a few tracks will have no one worried, just a few 1000 hardcore fans on some forums. but 99% of all the other people, who are less familiar with MJ's unique voice, will take it as him. the other 1% are regrettable, but sony can afford that.

they're already in their board room adjusting their revenue forecast, happy about having the album ready for dec. 14 - thanks to the handy cascio tracks, which were already in beautiful, finished form, meaning acapella, strangely just 1 track of each song existed, but why would a music industry giant wonder about this, this is the most normal part ever, especially if it's michael jackson. So in the end the tracks sound good enough, there will be only a few doubters and that's better than having to need some more time, because other songs may have needed longer to be worked on.

this way sony can reap the profits thanks to christmas time. a great christmas gift!

This is another sign of people who remain stubborn.
After the release of Breaking News the album is not Michael's but the Estate and Sony's, right?
Before Monday the album was wholeheartedly and ultimately Michael Jackson's...

What? those $200 million where the entrance ticket for sony to do anything they want. do you really think they are pure angels, wanting the best for michael jackson? they're out for the money, which isn't necessarily bad, in fact, making money isn't bad it all, but:

if their plan is to release a (fake) song, then that's the plan, you won't be able to ever stop them. if they want to release an album where 3 out of 12 tracks are disgusting fake tracks, you can't stop them. they THINK putting an imitator on a few tracks will have no one worried, just a few 1000 hardcore fans on some forums. but 99% of all the other people, who are less familiar with MJ's unique voice, will take it as him. the other 1% are regrettable, but sony can afford that.

they're already in their board room adjusting their revenue forecast, happy about having the album ready for dec. 14 - thanks to the handy cascio tracks, which were already in beautiful, finished form, meaning acapella, strangely just 1 track of each song existed, but why would a music industry giant wonder about this, this is the most normal part ever, especially if it's michael jackson. So in the end the tracks sound good enough, there will be only a few doubters and that's better than having to need some more time, because other songs may have needed longer to be worked on.

this way sony can reap the profits thanks to christmas time. a great christmas gift!

All I know is there were so many fans before this song came out who kept asking about the Cascio tracks. "What about the Cascio tracks, Smooth? Will they be included on the album?" They all seemed to think they were amazing songs. Now that one has come out, all everyone does is complain.
Of course Sony doesn't care about Michael and care about money. That's called business. They don't care about any other singers either. But the fact is, they still want the same thing we want, even though they have different reasons for wanting it. They have every reason to want to release MJ stuff and for it to be successful, not for it to fail.

This is another sign of people who remain stubborn.
After the release of Breaking News the album is not Michael's but the Estate and Sony's, right?
Before Monday the album was wholeheartedly and ultimately Michael Jackson's...

Right, now all of a sudden, it's not Michael's album anymore. :smilerolleyes:
Why can't people understand that two people can want the same outcome, but for two entirely different reasons?

Sony is a business, they are about making money, the greater Michaels legacy the more money they make, like it or not Sony are our biggest ally, they want the same thing as us but some people don't realise this and want to fight them every step of the way.

All I know is there were so many fans before this song came out who kept asking about the Cascio tracks. "What about the Cascio tracks, Smooth? Will they be included on the album?" They all seemed to think they were amazing songs. Now that one has come out, all everyone does is complain.
Of course Sony doesn't care about Michael and care about money. That's called business. They don't care about any other singers either. But the fact is, they still want the same thing we want, even though they have different reasons for wanting it. They have every reason to want to release MJ stuff and for it to be successful, not for it to fail.

Please read my post again. I said they can release any crap they want and it will sell well.

All I pointed out was that the $200 Million were an entrance ticket for $ony to do anything they want. Release a track with 10% of MJ voices and 90% of an imitator, even if 10% of all the people who are interested in music believe it's not MJ. Well, then it's just 900,000 instead of 1,000,000 album sales in the first week of release in the Billboard 200, even if they have 90% of all the songs on the album as fake as "Breaking News", there will be 500,000 people who say "wow, this is sooo 100% MJ". Just look at yourself, you think it's a genuine song so you'll be the album anyways. And you're with the majority of all the people who buy albums, hardcore fans like us here, around 1000 people who write here actively, don't count much in a global perspective.

Better have the money in the pocket now than in half a year. So why wait? And pay Jason Malachi $1 million to shut his mouth forever and make him write on his twitter "sorry guys, but that's not me" - duh.

Fans can't damage the album, but quality of music does. Music does speak itself. Stop blaming the consumers. The success of the album is not determined by members of this forum, it's determined by the general public. If the public is not buying the album, it's becasue they don't like what they've heard thus far, which is Breaking News.

Sony is a business, they are about making money, the greater Michaels legacy the more money they make, like it or not Sony are our biggest ally, they want the same thing as us but some people don't realise this and want to fight them every step of the way.

My point exactly. :yes:

And no, it would NOT benefit Sony to have an impersonator sing a song that they claim to be MJ, even if it's partly MJ. It's just ridiculous.

Please read my post again. I said they can release any crap they want and it will sell well.

All I pointed out was that the $200 Million were an entrance ticket for $ony to do anything they want. Release a track with 10% of MJ voices and 90% of an imitator, even if 10% of all the people who are interested in music believe it's not MJ. Well, then it's just 900,000 instead of 1,000,000 album sales in the first week of release in the Billboard 200, even if they have 90% of all the songs on the album as fake as "Breaking News", there will be 500,000 people who say "wow, this is sooo 100% MJ". Just look at yourself, you think it's a genuine song so you'll be the album anyways. And you're with the majority of all the people who buy albums, hardcore fans like us here, around 1000 people who write here actively, don't count much in a global perspective.

Better have the money in the pocket now than in half a year. So why wait? And pay Jason Malachi $1 million to shut his mouth forever and make him write on his twitter "sorry guys, but that's not me" - duh.

I am a hardcore fan and have been for 14 yrs but i know all the fans on here would have accepted the truth that it is Michael's vocals on BN had it not been for a couple of tweets. They would rather believe crazy conspiracys than just accepting the obvious which is that Michael sounds a little different on this track just as he did on 2000watts.

Re: A possible solution?

Or they can just rename the upcoming album from "Michael" to "Maybe Michael"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back