The Official MTV VMA Thread

yay!!!! go Britney

go SETUP!!! :clapping:

Tsk, look at 'em. being all nice to Brit again. MTV is so NICE :wub: :wub: :wub:

[SIZE=-2]Did yall mofos faget bout 07, freakin a*******[/SIZE]

OMG LOL I LOOOOOVE YOU! HAHAHAHAHA!

OK, so to sum it up

3 light moments:

Leona Lewis
Paramore
P!NK

All the rest ... God awful!

So off I go, wish me luck in my exam, which I am soooo gonna fail!

The show was beyond pathetic. There wasn't one good performance, not one. The music industry is in serious need of help. There's something gravely wrong with it. It keeps getting worse and worse, EVERY year. I keep saying "it can't get any worse" and some how, it does. It's just scary at this point. You look out in to the audience and you see people with their pants falling off, plastic looking gold chains hanging off their necks, clown hats, goblits with krunk inside. Fu*k. There's no class. Look out in to the audience at one of these shows in the early 90s and even mid 90s and you see people dressed in suits, or evening gowns, looking classy and oh my god, they actually have talent. The only talented peson in that auditorium tonight was Chirstina Aguilera, really talented I mean, and even her performance sucked. I don't know what to say. The industry should be pronounced dead at this point. It's just... fu*ked.

Well said, the music industry is in a coma and on life support and it's scary to think it may never recover, something has to give and even Michael can't save them he's 50 years old for crying out loud the industry has to hit beyond rock bottom and start developing artistry again, I shudder to think of the alternative if they don't.

I feel like this just SUCKS! I mean, winning should be about GOOD VIDEOS! Is B. Spears video good enough to win an award?

I DONT CARE if she's been "snubbed" before, I don't care if she's doing great (for the sake of my argument of course) I don't care if she can blah blah blah! If that video was up against 'thriller' and won, we'd be going NUTS! If I can stand there and lip sync a song and dance like I'm at a club and win an award, then GIVE ME A VIDEO CAMERA! Who's video is gonna win next year, Heidi Montag just cause Lauren Conrad isn't being her friend and Spencer isn't always nice to her?????

MTV is sucking BIG TIME! The music industry is a JOKE and MTV is the freakin punch line!!!

GOOD JOB for Britney Spears! I respect her for getting her act together! I like alot of her songs! But I'm annoyed that MTV is giving out awards like they are Hallween candies!

and I LOVE YOU AS WELL!

Thanks for saying it all so fine ;)

You look out in to the audience and you see people with their pants falling off, plastic looking gold chains handing off their necks, clown hats, goblits with krunk inside. Fu*k. There's no class.

What do you expect from MTV? What you and others on here seen the reality of that channel. It is the downfall of not just MTV but the music industry as well. It was a complete joke. This is why I made this thread because I knew that we will not be talking about the performances, but rather the buffornary of what has become of the music business. The very last time this award show MATTERED was when MJ did that AWESOME surprise performance with Nsync. After that, the show went to hell. It is a damn shame. It really is. That is why when you see talent, hold on to that talent. Appericate that talent. Like someone on here said it best, the show died when the 1990s died. Every great performance from that show was before 2002. The performances after 2002 was nothing more than shock, horror, embarrasment and complete and utter trash. I saw a picture of T-Pain on an elephant and I go, "what the hell"? This show bought along that fat pig Perez to "dish". Why can his ass go somewhere? You have Disney peeps on there and they can't even sing. I mean, what the eff? You have reality show peeps on there that really means nothing to that channel. You guys seen the end of an would have been institution. This will be the last time I will do a thread regarding the MTV awards.

Last edited:
puke... perez on the post show

Uggh, I can't STAND perez!!! The little parasitic turd!!!

The entire show was abysmal. Horrid. Terrifying? Horrendous? Snooze-tastic? Depressing?

I could go on, but you get the point I think.

Anyway, I thought Kanye West's performance was...interesting. I actually liked it. He knows he can't sing, and that's why I don't have a problem with his awful vocal performance on this song. For me it was more about his passion/sincerity and the song/performance. He is an arrogant **** who isn't as talented as he fancy's himself to be, but I still found the song/performance somewhat entertaining.

What do you expect from MTV? What you and others on here seen the reality of that channel. It is the downfall of not just MTV but the music industry as well. It was a complete joke. This is why I made this thread because I knew that we will not be talking about the performances, but rather the buffornary of what has become of the music business. The very last time this award show MATTERED was when MJ did that AWESOME surprise performance with Nsync. After that, the show went to hell. It is a damn shame. It really is. That is why when you see talent, hold on to that talent. Appericate that talent. Like someone on here said it best, the show died when the 1990s died. Every great performance from that show was before 2002. The performances after 2002 was nothing more than shock, horror, embarrasment and complete and utter trash. I saw a picture of T-Pain on an elephant and I go, "what the hell"? This show bought along that fat pig Perez to "dish". Why can his ass go somewhere? You have Disney peeps on there and they can't even sing. I mean, what the eff? You have reality show peeps on there that really means nothing to that channel. You guys seen the end of an would have been institution. This will be the last time I will do a thread regarding the MTV awards.

Bee, you nailed it all i can say is THANK GOD I was a teen in the 1980s I got to see the ultimate in talent from the 1970s as a child to a teen in the 1980s and beyond. I feel for the kids of today they have pretty much NOTHING to appreciate.

Bee, you nailed it all i can say is THANK GOD I was a teen in the 1980s I got to see the ultimate in talent from the 1970s as a child to a teen in the 1980s and beyond. I feel for the kids of today they have pretty much NOTHING to appreciate.

i'm having some serious jealousy issues right now

And one last thing.

It seems like an unfortunate future for MTV now. I knew that before, but this was the nail in the coffin for me. Is there hope? I dunno. Can something be done? I dunno. I just don't know. Thanks for making this thread Bee, even if everything was dumber than dumb.

Better start taking that article you posted as the gospel, it seems. -_-

This is SO sad.

Back on the early nineties the VMAs where a major event, I used to count the hours to watch them; so, to see the freak show they've become is really sad for me, a kid who grew up on MTV.

Remember the great hosts? Arsenio, Dennis Miller, even Chris Rock they bringged sth to the table, this dude? lol ridiculous

The pathetic state in which MTV is, reflects the state of the music industry, and I agree with whoever said that the music industry has to touch rock bottom before we can see some real talent again on MTV.
Did you guys noticed the size of the venue? It feels like I'm watching top of the pops or something not a major award show, the same award show that used to have the likes of Nirvana, Guns n Roses, MJ, Janet, Madonna, U2.
sad sad sad

Michael made Thriller25 for our generation to remember. :)

And he's performed in more recent times and let out an album (underrated, and for whatever reason hated by some), and made videos and won awards in recent times (2000s) so it's not THAT BAD. :D

wow man these awards were bad today
i used to always love watching this show to see what would go down and nothing really went down this year.

im glad Britney was there looking happy and healthy. her skit was cute but i was hoping for a performance.

Pink's performance was really great. i heard she broke a rib just yesterday so performing today at full force is really awesome of her

Christina's performance was great but her lipsynching was really bad. it's like she didnt put effort in it. It's always strange for me to see an amazing singer lipsynch but i forgive her because she was dancing.

and yeah...pretty unmemorable overall

That was such a HUGE disapointment
I have to chuckle at the tags for this thread lol

Bee, you nailed it all i can say is THANK GOD I was a teen in the 1980s I got to see the ultimate in talent from the 1970s as a child to a teen in the 1980s and beyond. I feel for the kids of today they have pretty much NOTHING to appreciate

You are not lying. I wish I was a teen in the 1980s because I would have remembered those great times in music so well. I was a child during the late 1980s and I was blessed to listen to the greats like MJ, Prince, Whitney, Phil Collins, Patti, Anita, Luther, Lionel, Janet, etc. When I grew up in the 1990s, there was still good music out there and hip hop was once taken seriously. These young kids today have no clue what is even real talent anymore and I think I know why: their parents. When I was a kid and I said this before, I listened to the same exact music my parents listened to. The people I listed were what my parents listened to. Today, it seems that parents do not listen to the same music that their children listen to because they do not relate to that garbage that their children listen to. Parents needs to get their children out there and help them explore other people out there. Stop letting them listen to the god awful corrupt radio and get them in an old school record store and show them real artists. That is the issue. When I was a child, people with talent were played on the radio. It is not like that anymore. MTV is not a place where young people need to know about music. It is researching and talking to their parents about it. They should make it a hobby and a learning lesson.

Thanks for making this thread Bee, even if everything was dumber than dumb

LOL. You are welcome.

Regarding the tags: yes, they were funny but true. I was gonna add "mj don't come" but I forgot. As for CA lipsyncing - it is a damn shame because her ass can sing. Pathetic, if true.

Last edited:
This is SO sad.

Back on the early nineties the VMAs where a major event, I used to count the hours to watch them; so, to see the freak show they've become is really sad for me, a kid who grew up on MTV.

Remember the great hosts? Arsenio, Dennis Miller, even Chris Rock they bringged sth to the table, this dude? lol ridiculous

The pathetic state in which MTV is, reflects the state of the music industry, and I agree with whoever said that the music industry has to touch rock bottom before we can see some real talent again on MTV.
Did you guys noticed the size of the venue? It feels like I'm watching top of the pops or something not a major award show, the same award show that used to have the likes of Nirvana, Guns n Roses, MJ, Janet, Madonna, U2.
sad sad sad

I said the industry has to hit rock bottom it obviously hasn't yet because they keep bringing out the worst of the worst so until the public completely says no more we demand artistry they will keep testing the boundaries of non talent. Off to bed now, if someone had told me 20 years ago when I was a sophmore in college that the industry would go to hell I'd told them you are crazy, never thought in my lifetime I'd see things this bad and as you noted i remember all of those great hosts.

You are not lying. I wish I was a teen in the 1980s because I would have remembered those great times in music so well. I was a child during the late 1980s and I was blessed to listen to the greats like MJ, Prince, Whitney, Phil Collins, Patti, Anita, Luther, Lionel, Janet, etc. When I grew up in the 1990s, there was still good music out there and hip hop was once taken seriously. These young kids today have no clue what is even real talent anymore and I think I know why: their parents. When I was a kid and I said this before, I listened to the same exact music my parents listened to. The people I listed were what my parents listened to. Today, it seems that parents do not listen to the same music that their children listen to because they do not relate to that garbage that their children listen to. Parents needs to get their children out there and help them explore other people out there. Stop letting them listen to the god awful corrupt radio and get them in an old school record store and show them real artists. That is the issue. When I was a child, people with talent were played on the radio. It is not like that anymore. MTV is not a place where young people need to know about music. It is researching and talking to their parents about it. They should make it a hobby and a learning lesson.

I can't add nothing more, thank you :flowers:

In the VMAs After Party, Perez Hilton confirmed that he is one of the members of the team that selects who gets the VMA awards; and here I foolishly thought that professional music experts were the deciding jury--nope, Perez Hilton and the likes. :rolleyes:

Man, this was the worst awards show I've ever seen. I'm not just saying that... I used to watch the MTV VMA's regardless of who was on them or who I'd thought would be on them just because they were normally decent. Not tonight. Who was the crappy host? The crappy performances... the crappy awards. Did Britney get awards? For what? What has she done that's been musically relevant in the last half-decade?

Rihanna was alright. That's about all I can really say.

In the VMAs After Party, Perez Hilton confirmed that he is one of the members of the team that selects who gets the VMA awards; and here I foolishly thought that professional music experts were the deciding jury--nope, Perez Hilton and the likes. :rolleyes:

i'm gunna sue you for causing me to choke on air, and nearly spit on my air conditioner and almost electrocute myself, laughing.:cheeky::)

That hilton guy the one who decides whos going!!! Wtf.. R they 4 real?!

how obvious about britney suddenly getting all those awards. talk about tacky P.R event. wow what an amazing comback after last year *yawn* *shock horror*

Back