The Official MTV VMA Thread

^OK...wannabestartingsomething, I still say they should be kissing the ground that Michael walks on, because they realize that they were nothing, and they are nothing without Michael. They should be welcoming Michael back and kissing his a** as much as they did Britney last night. Will they do that? Of course not. They won't have the privilege of even having Michael back on their show.

Again, it's ridiculous how they're worshipping Britney and putting her on this pedestal, when pop acts/artists like her and the others wouldn't even BE THERE if it weren't for acts like Michael, (along with Prince, Madonna, Janet, etc.)

And of course, wannabestartingsomething, you're right, they have no class. We get that. But I don't think they have to. It's a show for kids under 25 to watch. And young people apparently like this crap nowadays. I don't, but hey I'm old inside so maybe it's just me. :/

a lot of young people are MJ fans. mtv thinks they got a certain age group gathered against Michael, but they are not as smart as they don't look.

Well you see, that is your opinion. What I give are FACTS. The album flopped, you can call it good, no matter what - I like Brave by JLO the album but it flopped terribly. And why didn't she get any awards? Because she is not in the deal with MTV and that damn asshole Perez. Easy as that.

If it had been a hit, I'd say, ok - logically. (Cause nowadays hit doesn't necessarily equal good - most of the times it is quite the contrary...) But this way I can't understand how she DESERVED it.

It could be considered a flop had Britney of been in good health and actually promoted the album but she didn't and it still sold millions.

i do agree that Britney seemed to give a cold shoulder vibe in that intro...something mtv has deserved for a long time. it seems she treated it as a business stop, and that's it.
Yes. :)
I felt that too, when she was up there talking. In her speech there was this kind of.. flat, indifferent vibe.. towards I think, Mtv. Duh. :lol: Like they think she would forget what happened last year?

But, I'm glad she took it calm and easy. Again.. she looked great... SORRY IM SAYING IT AGAIN LMFAO BUT SERIOUSLY. When I saw her, I was like.... DAMNNNN. :bugeyed

I give a damn!

I don't CARE if she is BRITNEY SPEARS - SHE DID NOT DESERVE THE AWARD.

PIECE OF ME?

Come on, be realistic - was it a hit? Was the album a hit?

She deserves it? No she doesn't. Not for this album/song at least. Props to her for her earlier hits, but this album SUCKS SO BAD that she rushed to make it, and made it in like 2 months,and now is making a new one. They gave her the award just so they could her bring her back in the positive spotlight and make her look normal. And NO it's NOT OK, cuz they've been giving Michael the hardest of times - what about what HE deserved? None of those poor rap T-Pain T.I. T-Rex, T-MILLION or whatever wouldn't even have BEEN there if that very same Michael Jackson hadn't achieved what he had in music. They kick him all the time, and it's like they took over their throne, instead of praising him for making pop music and MTV so big.

So once again I don't CARE who DESERVED what! Not anymore! Cause they don't care. What about all those brilliant bands and artists that TRULY deserved to win various of awards and DIDN'T because they are NOT BRITNEY SPEARS. And if it's the measurement of success nowadays to come to the awards riding an ELEPHANT and acting like a complete IDIOT then I am glad these bands are "unsuccessful".

So if you don't admit that this was all a setup in Britney's honor, then you are brain-washed as well!

END OF STORY!

I agree entirely, and the part on red...just ROFL!

If anyone can look at that pathetic display of what the industry has to offer today and not say music isn't as good as it used to be or denie that the standards have dropped to a hellish level, then they're either deaf, dumb, blind, all three or just plain stupid.

Exactly, I genuinly wonder why is it that people don't realize the pathetic mess the music industry has become, it seems impossible thet WE are the only ones who take notice.

Britney Spears may appear to be in the same position as Michael, with the media lambasting her for the past two years, but make no mistake, she never was and never will be in the same situation as Michael. It only appears that way on the surface, but what's happened to Michael and the way he's been treated for the past 25 years runs so much deeper and has so much more to do with human nature then anything Britney's gone through. That's why Britney is being accepted again. With her it's a simple case of wanting to build her up to knock her down and then show that they have the power to build her up again. With Michael, the way he's treated is out of a lack of understanding what and who he is, fear because of that misunderstanding and inability to define him and an inability to relate to him.

:clapping::clapping::clapping:

It could be considered a flop had Britney of been in good health and actually promoted the album but she didn't and it still sold millions.

that doesn't make it any more worthy of getting an award, come on Jona, be realistic! if it was Madonna,you'd also go on defending her ,even if she didn't deserve it!

So you are saying that it was like this - "Poor Britney had mental problems, let's give her an award and bring her back" - publicity stunt again, still not awarded for the only thing that matters - MUSIC!

(I am sorry for Britney but using her illness or whatever, to gain awards etc. is too much)

And that Perez Hilton should be beaten up to death!

lol but seriously how many T's are out there?

EXPECT IN THE NEXT ISSUE OF MTVSUX.COM - THE LONG LOST BROTHER OF VANILLA ICE - ICE T!

CHRISTINA WAS FANTASTIC
btw, does anybody know where i can download the mp3 of her new version of Genie In A Bottle?
God, that was the highlight of the show for me.

The best part of the whole night was Britney acting surprised when she won the awards.

Christina was the only talented one on the show. P!nk is talented, but nothing special.

But Christina's performance showed ONE of the problems with the industry. She was dancing. She was dancing so much she had to lip sync. Where's the problem you ask? Well... Christina isn't a dancer, she's a singer. You want to see her live to hear her sing, not see her dance. But see, and I alway say it's because Michael is so freakishly talented being a world class vocalist and dancer that the industry thought in order to compete they had to produce singer/dancers, the problem is, there's never been anyone besides Michael who was the best at both. That combination isn't just rare, it's once in forever, yet the industry feels as though they have to produce jacks of all trades, masters of none, and so the standard now is that everyone has to dance, EVERYONE, even if they can't, or they have to sing, even if they can't. Christina shouldn't be dancing, not in any serious capacity or to the point in which it compromises her singing. She isn't good enough at dancing for that crap. Just like Chris Brown shouldn't be singing. He should be on some dance crew somewhere.

Just imagine, a gossip bitch known as Perez Hilton on the "committe" to pick who wins these shitty awards. This clown is not a music critic. This clown is not a musician. He is a music fan like anyone else. Like anyone else, he has a bias. People literally rely on this fool to tell them what is considered "hot" or "music" of today. This is how gossip blogs have almost taken over anything credible. However, the VMAs have been uncredible for years and years. It just bothers you to a core, esp. when Perez's job is to bash people for a living.
Ain't it insane?! :lol: And, when one of the reporters asked Perez if Britney really deserved to win all those awards, he said something to the effect of, "You know, I just felt like she needed it this year, I feel like this is the year of Britney's comeback." So, he admitted that he voted for Britney based on the fact that she's trying to getting her life back together after a mess of a year prior. At least we finally have 100% confirmation that the VMA awards are not selected based on musical merit at all. I'm sure that the Britney-given awards were a bribe, "If you come back and introduce the show so that we can hype up your appearance endlessly beforehand, we can assure that you'll win all three awards, and here's a few million bucks while we're at it."

Perez Hilton was an absolute NOBODY just three years ago, he had just started his online blog of trashing celebrities and had zero visitors, zero comments, nothing at all. Suddenly, he's an official chairperson of the VMA committee and is responsible for deciding which musical artist gets which award. What a joke!

If only other artists would realize the many falsehoods of the VMAs, and refuse to attend their show, the event would cease to exist as it should have years ago. It isn't just piracy leading to the death of music, it is the lack of originality, the lack of respect that music outlets give to artists, and the lack of genuine entertainment. Will.i.am was right, the music industry is in dire need of a "jolt" and there's perhaps only one person who can bring it back.

Christina was the only talented one on the show. P!nk is talented, but nothing special.

But Christina's performance showed ONE of the problems with the industry. She was dancing. She was dancing so much she had to lip sync. Where's the problem you ask? Well... Christina isn't a dancer, she's a singer. You want to see her live to hear her sing, not see her dance. But see, and I alway say it's because Michael is so freakishly talented being a world class vocalist and dancer that the industry thought in order to compete they had to produce singer/dancers, the problem is, there's never been anyone besides Michael who was the best at both. That combination isn't just rare, it's once in forever, yet the industry feels as though they have to produce jacks of all trades, masters of none, and so the standard now is that everyone has to dance, EVERYONE, even if they can't, or they have to sing, even if they can't. Christina shouldn't be dancing, not in any serious capacity or to the point in which it compromises her singing. She isn't good enough at dancing for that crap. Just like Chris Brown shouldn't be singing. He should be on some dance crew somewhere.

i totally agree...............................

Ain't it insane?! :lol: And, when one of the reporters asked Perez if Britney really deserved to win all those awards, he said something to the effect of, "You know, I just felt like she needed it this year, I feel like this is the year of Britney's comeback." So, he admitted that he voted for Britney based on the fact that she's trying to getting her life back together after a mess of a year prior. At least we finally have 100% confirmation that the VMA awards are not selected based on musical merit at all. I'm sure that the Britney-given awards were a bribe, "If you come back and introduce the show so that we can hype up your appearance endlessly beforehand, we can assure that you'll win all three awards, and here's a few million bucks while we're at it."

Perez Hilton was an absolute NOBODY just three years ago, he had just started his online blog of trashing celebrities and had zero visitors, zero comments, nothing at all. Suddenly, he's an official chairperson of the VMA committee and is responsible for deciding which musical artist gets which award. What a joke!

If only other artists would realize the many falsehoods of the VMAs, and refuse to attend their show, the event would cease to exist as it should have years ago. It isn't just piracy leading to the death of music, it is the lack of originality, the lack of respect that music outlets give to artists, and the lack of genuine entertainment. Will.i.am was right, the music industry is in dire need of a "jolt" and there's perhaps only one person who can bring it back.

So..Perez Hilton said..'i just think she needed it this year?' ewwww how insulting. he...HELPED HER OUT. geez....

ouch....

i guess he and mtv admitted to 'doing her a favor'..with that kind of comment. Perez would have been better off keeping his mouth shut.

Nothing special? Let me stop you there, wbss - Pink is an AMAZING live performer - she sings with such a great raw r'n'r voice - just listen to her singing to Janis Joplin songs, and you'll see what I mean. IMO, she is very underrated.

Christina is better,no doubt. But Pink is on that r'n'r edge, while Xtina is more soulful. ;)

The best part of the whole night was Britney acting surprised when she won the awards.

LOL!

Oh My God, I am in such a shock right now, I don't what to say - I really wasn't exPECTING this!

And the expressions like this - :shifty::pleasantry:

i was hopin it got scared and trashed everything....:blink:

now THAT would have been fun!

thats true, but it doesn't matter that Christina lip-synched. We all know she can sing.

Just imagine, a gossip bitch known as Perez Hilton on the "committe" to pick who wins these shitty awards. This clown is not a music critic. This clown is not a musician. He is a music fan like anyone else. Like anyone else, he has a bias. People literally rely on this fool to tell them what is considered "hot" or "music" of today. This is how gossip blogs have almost taken over anything credible. However, the VMAs have been uncredible for years and years. It just bothers you to a core, esp. when Perez's job is to bash people for a living.

The VMA's are not like the Grammys. The VMA's are not about quality of music, but popularity of music, and as a gossip blogger, Perez Hilton is undeniably in sync with the current pop music scene.

Back