This is it: The Music (Live Vocals, Tracklist Discussion) MERGED

Re: Human Nature was amazing

Human Nature The Best!!!!Performing on TII!!!!

When Michael started singing Human Nature the tears came :cry:
His voice! :wub:
It truly felt it touched my soul :wub:
I kept hearing it in my head all day today and it just moves me to tears at the chorus part,so so beautiful!

Went with a bunch of non-MJ-die-hards tonight, and the verdict (overall very positive) was Human Nature and Jackson 5 medley were the best performances. Human Nature was truly fantastic. Was great to see him nail I Just Can't Stop Loving You as well.

They Don't Care About Us...

In the rehearsal footage first given to the press shortly after MJ's death, the 'Hoooooooo' seems to be short with another in the background but when I watched it at the movie's it seemed much stronger and longer than the first one, now does that mean that its been edited from a HIStory show or another rehearsal ?? if it was from a HIStory tour it makes me wonder what else could have been edited hmm......

Does anyone know the proposed setlist for TII???

Hello everyone. first post!!!

Was speaking to a friend of mine last night on the way to TII and he told me about this website.

After being to TII twice in the last 24 hours. I was wondering does anyone know what the setlist/s was going to be and in what order???

I'm confused as i thought Dirty Diana was going to be on the show along with You are not Alone.

Thanks very much guys. I'm enjoying travelling into the archives and finding out information I never knew.

Re: They Don't Care About Us...

MODS why cant i post?

I have been PM'ing you and nobody has got back to me!!

I don't believe anything was edited from the history era or any era for that manner, maybe it was two different performances, or they done the end twice or three times, it is rehearsals and thing are done numerous times to get it right.

Went with a bunch of non-MJ-die-hards tonight, and the verdict (overall very positive) was Human Nature and Jackson 5 medley were the best performances. Human Nature was truly fantastic. Was great to see him nail I Just Can't Stop Loving You as well.

I have to go with IJCSLY bit human nature was class, i was surprised everyone didn't clap after the song, maybe i will start one the next time.

Re: Does anyone know the proposed setlist for TII???

Welcome to MJJC!!

I think Dirty Diana was going to feature, but it hadn't been rehearsed yet.
(Sorry if i'm wrong, i think i read that)

I don't believe anything was edited from the history era or any era for that manner, maybe it was two different performances, or they done the end twice or three times, it is rehearsals and thing are done numerous times to get it right.

Your probably right, but it just makes one wonder.

Re: Does anyone know the proposed setlist for TII???

You'll laugh but i read on Youtube that Dirty Diana was going to be part of the extras on the DVD.

My friend told me that Michael was still to reherse Dirty Diana as you say along with Heal the world/We are the world in the one mix.

I was just wondering if anyone knew the whole set list.

Thank you for your reply and welcoming me along :)

Human Nature will definitely one of my favorite parts of the moive. He sang it so beautifully.

omg i am in LOVE with the human nature performance. it was pure magic. as michael would say :lol: that one just really spoke to me...i think it was the fullest performance out of all of the footage, and he was seriously feeling it. the "whys" were almost haunting....i can't wait to re-watch it again....:swoon:

Re: This Is It: The Music!

WBSS was amazing. Can't get the beat out of my head! Had this extra funkiness and just started the movie so so well

TWYMMF - of course with the Streetwalker intro which I'm in love.. Was just amazing

Just to mention a few

Re: This Is It: The Music!

his moves during threatened are incredible
like ghosts thing, and new stuff

wow fabulous !!

I saw it 3 times !!

Alternate mix of "This Is It" playing during the end credits!

Anybody notice the mix of "This Is It" playing while the end credits are rolling is not the same as the one on the soundtrack?

The mix is more, how do I put it, simpler? The background vocals by The Jacksons are different too, they repeat the words "This Is It" several times throughout the song, and as it fades out.

Re: Alternate mix of "This Is It" playing during the end credits!

Theirs two versions of This is It on the album. The one MJ.com released was the Orchestra version and the one on the movie is the original version.

Theirs two versions of This is It on the album. The one MJ.com released was the Orchestra version and the one on the movie is the original version.

The original version is the one I'm talking about. The original version which appears on the soundtrack cd is not the same as the original version that appears in the movie's end credits. They are different to each other. This now makes 3 different versions of the same song.

Your favourite song from the movie

What was everybodys favourite performance from the movie. They were al good but my personal faves were black or white and billy jean :punk:

Re: Your favourite song from the movie

It was awesome seeing him do Black or White with a live vocal.

My favourite was probably Smooth Criminal and TWYMMF... I loved the theatrics of it, it was like watching a Broadway musical. I also loved Startin' Somethin' - his voice is so raw and funky on that.

And of course IJCSLY was sheer magic.

I thought his vocals on Black or White were amazing, That and Human nature are my faves. :)

Re: Shocked by the amount of live singing.

Perhaps the reason for more living singing on TII was:

1. He was performing in an arena instead of an open-air stadium. It DOES make a difference.

2. He'd had a long break, so his voice was probably in better condition.

I loved lots of different parts (the OWWWWWWWW in Beat It was incredible!) but my favourite live vocal song, even though it was only a few seconds long has to be "Your love is magic..." ....Speechless...

I didn't think it would be, but I gotta say I Just Can't Stop Loving You! :yes:

Well I still don't recognize the difference between the 2 version on the soundtrack, except an intro and outro.... all between it sounds the same to me....

Re: Shocked by the amount of live singing.

whatever happened to everyone is entitled to there own opinions. as i have been frequently told.

I agree. You shouldn't threaten him to "be banned" soon. I don't like seeing Mike criticized here either... but we all should respect each other's opinions...

it matters to some.

Some? I think most. Playback just plain sucks IYAM... I always hated it, especially if the singer pretends singing live, holding his microphone and pretending to adjust it in some way (like Michael often did in the past (but I do still love him, OK?)). I would say even if the singing is so very bad (e.g. due to the singer being exhausted because of dancing), it's still far more better than a sterile studio recording that I can listen to on CD at home.

Back