Those that saw MJ on HIStory Tour

Tell me one performer who have sung "LIVE" every single show of his/her.

What about Freddie Mercury, for example, he was very principled about this. There's a lot of examples, not in modern music industry though :)
Anyway, I don't blame Michael for lyp-synching. I mean, it would be awesome to listen to SIM or TDCAU live, but Michael's the artist, not me. And he probably knew what he was doing better than us.

Tell me one performer who have sung "LIVE" every single show of his/her. Nobody's perfect and there could be more than one reason to not perform live.
And the most important thing, who are we to judge? Perfection does not exist.

George Michael. I was at his concert in 2007 and he sang all his songs live. Justin Timberlake also performed live on his last tour. But I don't blame Mike for lyp-syncing. He got his reasons for doing this.

Theres a difference between lip synching the odd show here and there, and lip synching 90% of every concert on a tour.

Im not putting Michael down, as I understand his reasoning for lip synching. Im just saying, theres a difference. Everyone has done it though.

He even lip synced when he was a little boy and his voice was absolutely perfect.

I think the thing that pisses some people off is the fact that he was lip synching on a live concert where people pay to go and see him. Its not so bad when its on a TV show or awards show.

I see your point which is perfectly valid but knowing all the things he had to go through I don't blame him at all. Like it or not, all those stuff destroyed him emotionally. As a genuine artist, he has lot of sensitivity.
If I'd ever had the fortune to see Michael in a concert Iwouldn't had mind. The 1st concert I ever saw on T.V. was the HIStory tour in Germany when I was 11; eventhoug it's not the same sensation, I really felt his magic, his passion, his real love.
Those ones that felt pissed or dissapointed in a certain moment, you shouldn't be because you witnessed why Michael is the best entertainer/artist of our time and to me, this is uch a priviledge.

What about Freddie Mercury, for example, he was very principled about this. There's a lot of examples, not in modern music industry though :)
Anyway, I don't blame Michael for lyp-synching. I mean, it would be awesome to listen to SIM or TDCAU live, but Michael's the artist, not me. And he probably knew what he was doing better than us.

George Michael. I was at his concert in 2007 and he sang all his songs live. Justin Timberlake also performed live on his last tour. But I don't blame Mike for lyp-syncing. He got his reasons for doing this.

I really love Freddie! But do you really believe al those performer sang in every single show? I doubt it because they get easily sick (throat problems)

We all seen how bad whitney was on her last tour yet still she didn't resort to lip syncing, bad as it was it was live and that is what people pay for.

Yeah, but Whitney is not up there dancing throughout the entire show in her old age. That's the BIG difference. Personally, I would rather hear pre-recorded vocals than that awfulness she pulled out during those concerts. I don't need money to hear someone sing terribly when I can hear myself do that for free.

The man worked his butt off since he was a child, perfecting himself and his art. What looks like the most natural dancer making you think he's weightless, is the result of hard work, great talent and an iron strong will and more hard work.

Most people would simply pee their pants if you just pushed them onto a stage when 20 people are present- and this one man joked with his fans and had some witty interludes- remember the bug?

Most people would be scared out of their minds to just be confronted with the responsibility of entertaining a crowd of an entire stadium. Imagine the responsibility that's on your shoulders- if one one dancer takes a misstep, one member of the lighting crew is asleep at the wheel- it's his name on the line.

People take so much for granted because he, the Magician, made it seem to fluent, so easy.
When people start complaining that he was looking for the easy way out- that is when he accomplished his job, because he made it look so good.

Look at the communication in Stranger in Moscow, the few bars before the songs ends, look at his hand signals to communicate when the lights go off, to give the audience that effect.
The man is a beast of precision and attention to detail- even not live he made sure that watching his concerts was a feast for all senses for those attending. (and watching)

Just how many picture are circulating of Michael in his HIStory tour outfits- because virtually every slide is a close to perfection done appearance. That is beyond carefully crafted.
Every time, every evening, every second of that tour. If something happens, if one person steps out of line it is known it's "Michael Jackson's entourage, well how typical", not to mention how he was chased- just imagine the immense pressure he was under all his life.

Most people freak out when their have to give a simple power point presentation at work or school, and people complain about MJ sounding out of breath. :cheeky:

If one person does not have to convince me that he can sing, it's Michael Jackson.

I like to think of his shows and concerts as a "Gesamtkunstwerk" (now please don't anybody get upset because these guys sing mammoth Opera live- they are also horrible actors and 300 pound people who don't dance a heck of a lot)

Now add the awful sh*t he was put through- imagine the stress of a tour, it's always YOUYOUYOU 24/7- and then on top of that you are being put through an international witchhunt (think Dangerous) and that kind of stuff haunted him forever.
Most people wouldn't have had the thought to show their child to their over a balcony- most people would have freakin' JUMPED off the nearest balcony.

He was put through the absolute ringer and yet he still did another tour, giving people their cherished memories that they hold onto now.

He gave and gave and gave- while a lot of time receiving the worst kind of backstabbing possible.

The man is the closest to a Saint in many aspects. We have SO much music, video, movies, books, poems, interview, snippets to see him in- all these moaned about HIStory tour clips on youtube receive millions of clicks- maybe he was the wiser one after all? :cheeky:

My eyes roll back in my head in sheer pleasure all by themselves just listening to that short interlude in In the Closet, and for that, Michael Jackson, I thank you.

Last edited:
wait are u suggesting that michael was actually singing live? lol

guilty as charged, to the incindiary one(not you).

i'm sure the atmosphere here won't be about turning one into an effigy on an MJ site, for believing MJ sang live at the HIStory tour. never mind the countless youtube vids of seconds of YANA or ES, where he sings different notes, and i know that is from the HIStory tour...not that he needs to sing them differently for it to be live.

let me get deep on yo ass..lol..

planes look heavier than air, but it is said that air is heavier. i'm still amazed that planes fly.
i'm still amazed at electric lights. i'm still amazed at the advancements in techonlogy, and the computer. i'm still amazed children are diagnosed with autism, because they grow up to be geniuses. i'm still amazed at four year old piano players playing classical music as well as Yanni.
and Michael was born singing and dancing, and said it was as natural as breathing. some minds decide, if they can't wrap around something, then it cannot be done. we all know that just because we can't wrap around it, doesn't mean it isn't so. people are born everyday doing things we cannot do..and even more rarer, someone is born doing something we don't understand, yet are fascinated by, so...we pay to see it. money shouldn't be an issue *thinks of the song*(again, i'm not referring to you, but someone else)

so..having said those things...we each get something from what we see. one person may get something different than the other. to each of us, it is real. for me, MJ sang, and i hope not to get looked down upon on this MJ site for saying that, lol. that is my contribution to this religious and political discussion...lol

except for this..

between Whitney Houston singing badly, and Michael Jackson....

how is it, that AFTER the HIStory tour, msg sold out so fast that it crashed computers? and how is it, that AFTER the HIStory tour, and all media made controversy, a trial, and 12 years off, Michael sold out 02..50 shows to the point that computers crashed? and how is it that fans still rushed Michael every time he went outside, AFTER the HIStory tour? he must have been doing something right. lol.

as for Whitney Houston(i know you didn't talk about this..this is because i saw such a comparison somewhere on here) after singing badly, i'd be hesitant to get a ticket to her next concert. how bout you?

this is not aimed at you. this is in general.
MJ has his supporters and detractors, as far as his musicality goes, even amongst his fans. but, in the end, the loudest voices would've come from the media. and the loud powerful voice of the media, clearly would have been on the negative side, no matter what. so, whether the conspiracy theorists are right about MJ being in unpenatrable hiding, or MJ is in heaven...God must have said, enough is enough. if there is complaining about the best, is there any hope?

i just hope it can be learned to step back and appreciate. the cliche, apparently never becomes cliche. you never know what you got till it's gone. that human nature tendency is unfortunate. perhaps it's time to look at what one has, while here. it might be more excellent than one is willing to realize.

Last edited:
The man worked his butt off since he was a child, perfecting himself and his art. What looks like the most natural dancer making you think he's weightless, is the result of hard work, great talent and an iron strong will and more hard work.

Most people would simply pee their pants if you just pushed them onto a stage when 20 people are present- and this one man joked with his fans and had some witty interludes- remember the bug?

Most people would be scared out of their minds to just be confronted with the responsibility of entertaining a crowd of an entire stadium. Imagine the responsibility that's on your shoulders- if one one dancer takes a misstep, one member of the lighting crew is asleep at the wheel- it's his name on the line.

People take so much for granted because he, the Magician, made it seem to fluent, so easy.
When people start complaining that he was looking for the easy way out- that is when he accomplished his job, because he made it look so good.

Look at the communication in Stranger in Moscow, the few bars before the songs ends, look at his hand signals to communicate when the lights go off, to give the audience that effect.
The man is a beast of precision and attention to detail- even not live he made sure that watching his concerts was a feast for all senses for those attending. (and watching)

Just how many picture are circulating of Michael in his HIStory tour outfits- because virtually every slide is a close to perfection done appearance. That is beyond carefully crafted.
Every time, every evening, every second of that tour. If something happens, if one person steps out of line it is known it's "Michael Jackson's entourage, well how typical", not to mention how he was chased- just imagine the immense pressure he was under all his life.

Most people freak out when their have to give a simple power point presentation at work or school, and people complain about MJ sounding out of breath. :cheeky:

If one person does not have to convince me that he can sing, it's Michael Jackson.

I like to think of his shows and concerts as a "Gesamtkunstwerk" (now please don't anybody get upset because these guys sing mammoth Opera live- they are also horrible actors and 300 pound people who don't dance a heck of a lot)

Now add the awful sh*t he was put through- imagine the stress of a tour, it's always YOUYOUYOU 24/7- and then on top of that you are being put through an international witchhunt (think Dangerous) and that kind of stuff haunted him forever.
Most people wouldn't have had the thought to show their child to their over a balcony- most people would have freakin' JUMPED off the nearest balcony.

He was put through the absolute ringer and yet he still did another tour, giving people their cherished memories that they hold onto now.

He gave and gave and gave- while a lot of time receiving the worst kind of backstabbing possible.

The man is the closest to a Saint in many aspects. We have SO much music, video, movies, books, poems, interview, snippets to see him in- all these moaned about HIStory tour clips on youtube receive millions of clicks- maybe he was the wiser one after all? :cheeky:

My eyes roll back in my head in sheer pleasure all by themselves just listening to that short interlude in In the Closet, and for that, Michael Jackson, I thank you.

Bravo!!!!! :clapping:

So true and so beautifully written.

The end of Stranger in Moscow performed in HIStory tour was STUNNING.

I cannot imagine the immense pressure Michael had in his entire life. Becasue he's such a talented performer, people got to expect more and more. People expected him to be perfect. People forgot he's a human being with problems. Even though the HIStory tour was great, people still felt it's not enough. If some other artist put together a concert like the HIStory tour, people would have praised the artist for his/her achievement. But, if it's Michael Jackson's. It's not enough. Sometimes, people's expectation on Michael became unrealistic.

There are so many facets to live performance. The stage production, the dancers, the backup singers, the dance routine, the costume, etc... Why people don't praise on things that were done exceptionally well? Instead, lip syncing is brought up again and again...

The most talked about Michael Jackson performance - Motown 25 performance. Michael lip synced Billie Jean there. However, the performance was still magical. That performance propelled Michael's star to the strastosphere. I just want to say that lip syncing does not always take away the value of the performance.

We all know Michael Jackson can sing. He's one of the best vocalists ever lived. Period. If Michael decided to use playback, he must have his reason. Being such a consumated performer, he knew what he needed to do to give his audience the best experience possible given the circumstances.

Bravo!!!!! :clapping:

So true and so beautifully written.

The end of Stranger in Moscow performed in HIStory tour was STUNNING.

I cannot imagine the immense pressure Michael had in his entire life. Becasue he's such a talented performer, people got to expect more and more. People expected him to be perfect. People forgot he's a human being with problems. Even though the HIStory tour was great, people still felt it's not enough. If some other artist put together a concert like the HIStory tour, people would have praised the artist for his/her achievement. But, if it's Michael Jackson's. It's not enough. Sometimes, people's expectation on Michael became unrealistic.

There are so many facets to live performance. The stage production, the dancers, the backup singers, the dance routine, the costume, etc... Why people don't praise on things that were done exceptionally well? Instead, lip syncing is brought up again and again...

The most talked about Michael Jackson performance - Motown 25 performance. Michael lip synced Billie Jean there. However, the performance was still magical. That performance propelled Michael's star to the strastosphere. I just want to say that lip syncing does not always take away the value of the performance.

We all know Michael Jackson can sing. He's one of the best vocalists ever lived. Period. If Michael decided to use playback, he must have his reason. Being such a consumated performer, he knew what he needed to do to give his audience the best experience possible given the circumstances.

I loved your post. I also saw Billie Jean performance that night and did not even know it was lip synced--the impact and force of everything else including his moves simply blew me away, and I was 20 at that time. I wish I saw the History tour--those of you who did are lucky.

guilty as charged, to the incindiary one(not you).

i'm sure the atmosphere here won't be about turning one into an effigy on an MJ site, for believing MJ sang live at the HIStory tour. never mind the countless youtube vids of seconds of YANA or ES, where he sings different notes, and i know that is from the HIStory tour...not that he needs to sing them differently for it to be live.

let me get deep on yo ass..lol..

planes look heavier than air, but it is said that air is heavier. i'm still amazed that planes fly.
i'm still amazed at electric lights. i'm still amazed at the advancements in techonlogy, and the computer. i'm still amazed children are diagnosed with autism, because they grow up to be geniuses. i'm still amazed at four year old piano players playing classical music as well as Yanni.
and Michael was born singing and dancing, and said it was as natural as breathing. some minds decide, if they can't wrap around something, then it cannot be done. we all know that just because we can't wrap around it, doesn't mean it isn't so. people are born everyday doing things we cannot do..and even more rarer, someone is born doing something we don't understand, yet are fascinated by, so...we pay to see it. money shouldn't be an issue *thinks of the song*(again, i'm not referring to you, but someone else)

so..having said those things...we each get something from what we see. one person may get something different than the other. to each of us, it is real. for me, MJ sang, and i hope not to get looked down upon on this MJ site for saying that, lol. that is my contribution to this religious and political discussion...lol

except for this..

between Whitney Houston singing badly, and Michael Jackson....

how is it, that AFTER the HIStory tour, msg sold out so fast that it crashed computers? and how is it, that AFTER the HIStory tour, and all media made controversy, a trial, and 12 years off, Michael sold out 02..50 shows to the point that computers crashed? and how is it that fans still rushed Michael every time he went outside, AFTER the HIStory tour? he must have been doing something right. lol.

as for Whitney Houston(i know you didn't talk about this..this is because i saw such a comparison somewhere on here) after singing badly, i'd be hesitant to get a ticket to her next concert. how bout you?

this is not aimed at you. this is in general.
MJ has his supporters and detractors, as far as his musicality goes, even amongst his fans. but, in the end, the loudest voices would've come from the media. and the loud powerful voice of the media, clearly would have been on the negative side, no matter what. so, whether the conspiracy theorists are right about MJ being in unpenatrable hiding, or MJ is in heaven...God must have said, enough is enough. if there is complaining about the best, is there any hope?

i just hope it can be learned to step back and appreciate. the cliche, apparently never becomes cliche. you never know what you got till it's gone. that human nature tendency is unfortunate. perhaps it's time to look at what one has, while here. it might be more excellent than one is willing to realize.

Just to clarify, you believe MJ was singing live on the HIStory Tour?

Last edited by a moderator:

If so then you are even more deluded than I thought.

Do you really believe Michael lip synced every single song on HIStory? Scream, parts of TDCAU, In The Closet, Smooth Criminal, Billie Jean (Kaula Lumpur), BOW were Live (it I'm not mistaken.)

Try reading his message again. He's not delusional...

He's explaining the magic of Michael.

To me, Michael's presence - his aura and his moves - is what mesmerized everyone in the stadium, singing live or not.

Do you really believe Michael lip synced every single song on HIStory? Scream, parts of TDCAU, In The Closet, Smooth Criminal, Billie Jean (Kaula Lumpur), BOW were Live (it I'm not mistaken.)

ONLY WBBS and the Jackson5 Medley was ever sung live during HIStory tour.

BOW was NEVER sung live!

Scream was live for the first verse of the Brunei concert.

TDCAU was lip synched.

Only the last line of Smooth Criminal is live.

Billie Jean was only live from shortly after the moonwalk.

BOW was never live.

Beat it was live near the end.

WBSS was allways live.

Jackson 5 medley was allways live.

Thats all I can remember of the top of my head.

I've never said anything that suggested that I believed every song was lip synched.

Try reading his message again. He's not delusional...

He's explaining the magic of Michael.

To me, Michael's presence - his aura and his moves - is what mesmerized everyone in the stadium, singing live or not.

Someone asked him if he was actually saying MJ sung live on the HIStory Tour, and he said 'Guilty as charged'. What else could it mean?

Scream was live for the first verse of the Brunei concert.

TDCAU was lip synched.

Only the last line of Smooth Criminal is live.

Billie Jean was only live from shortly after the moonwalk.

BOW was never live.

Beat it was live near the end.

WBSS was allways live.

Jackson 5 medley was allways live.

Thats all I can remember of the top of my head.

I've never said anything that suggested that I believed every song was lip synched.

Someone asked him if he was actually saying MJ sung live on the HIStory Tour, and he said 'Guilty as charged'. What else could it mean?

you called me 'delusional'? and you talk about someone who likes to start fights? you just broke a site rule. on top of that, you just admitted that MJ sang live. the amount he did, has nothing to do with the fact that you just shredded what i said, in favor of a member attack. you haven't learned what happens when you call people deiusional, as opposed to staying on topic? how long have you been here? how many times have you seen the word 'delusional' being used, and the trouble that it causes?

now let's see if you can keep your control, while we stay on topic.

you haven't even gone to any of the concerts on this tour. and you're here looking for people to find what was wrong with what mJ did. what does that say? are you looking for chinks in his armor...even now? are you looking for people to be disappointed? are you looking for something to fly in the face of all the screaming, all the fainting, all the joy, all the fun, all the magic, all the delight, all the beauty, all the relief from hard times, just for a moment, all the once in a lifetime experience? you say you're not, but yet you are. you say he lip synched then you don't. then you say partially. what are you trying to say? what are you trying to do here? and yes..how many times does this question have to be asked?

this is a guy with a special talent that made people happy.

you say you're not trying to disrespect MJ. yet this question keeps being brought up over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over. lip synch lip synch lip synch. then you look for where it happened, and where it didn't.

you know what? he's gone now. i'd like to be left with what the beautiful memory of this was all about.

you know, thanks to you starting this thread, someone on here posted as if they thought the HIStory experience wasn't so great after all, and they seemed sad, to add probably to the sadness they were already feeling. and that person didn't even get to go to see that tour.

Last edited:
you called me 'delusional'? and you talk about someone who likes to start fights? you just broke a site rule. on top of that, you just admitted that MJ sang live. the amount he did, has nothing to do with the fact that you just shredded what i said, in favor of a member attack. you haven't learned what happens when you call people deiusional, as opposed to staying on topic? how long have you been here? how many times have you seen the word 'delusional' being used, and the trouble that it causes?

now let's see if you can keep your control, while we stay on topic.

you haven't even gone to any of the concerts on this tour. and you're here looking for people to find what was wrong with what mJ did. what does that say? are you looking for chinks in his armor...even now? are you looking for people to be disappointed? are you looking for something to fly in the face of all the screaming, all the fainting, all the joy, all the fun, all the magic, all the delight, all the beauty, all the relief from hard times, just for a moment, all the once in a lifetime experience? you say you're not, but yet you are. you say he lip synched then you don't. then you say partially. what are you trying to say? what are you trying to do here? and yes..how many times does this question have to be asked?

this is a guy with a special talent that made people happy.

you say you're not trying to disrespect MJ. yet this question keeps being brought up over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over. lip synch lip synch lip synch. then you look for where it happened, and where it didn't.

you know what? he's gone now. i'd like to be left with what the beautiful memory of this was all about.

you know, thanks to you starting this thread, someone on here posted as if they thought the HIStory experience wasn't so great after all, and they seemed sad, to add probably to the sadness they were already feeling. and that person didn't even get to go to see that tour.

I started this thread because I was watching an amateur HIStory Tour concert on youtube and was wondering if the people who were there knew if he was lip synching or not. Simple as that.

What are you talking about 'the sadness they were already feeling'? Its not like my thread made them realise they didnt like the tour, they would have allways had that opinion.

Tell me one performer who have sung "LIVE" every single show of his/her. Nobody's perfect and there could be more than one reason to not perform live.
And the most important thing, who are we to judge? Perfection does not exist.

Ok here's a few for you who have never mimed while performing on there own tours.

Freddie Mercury
Bono
Axl Rose
Michael Stipe
Bruce Dickinson
James Hetfield
Steven Tyler
Elton John

I could name a lot more but don't wanna bore you

^^^

Add Robbie Williams to that list. Frank Sinatra, james brown.

:lol: :lol: - Britney Spears - :lol: :lol: hmm, oh my bad, not her. :lol:

this thread is going in circles... let it go already... let it go. HIStory tour was a great experience and we should be thankful that it happened. It ended up being his last tour. We should be grateful we have those memories..

Thread cleaned. Yes, MJJC doesn't allow insults and name calling to members of any kind. Thanks... Please continue respectfully.

^^^

Add Robbie Williams to that list. Frank Sinatra, james brown.

:lol: :lol: - Britney Spears - :lol: :lol: hmm, oh my bad, not her. :lol:

Bruce Springsteen is another one you can add :), and LOL at the Britney thing

i was aware. but i didnt care. it was the most mind blowing experiences in my life so far. he was still singing. but when you dance like crazy singing well is not possible so i was content that he was doing it. who cares. he was there for us

The one thing MJ always stood out for that he did HIS thing. Because that's what every one else did, eying the competition. The thing is he was way beyond the competition and he did what he considered the best for himself as an artist. He obviously wasn't bothered anymore having to prove to anyone that he can sing- he did that since he was 5 years old.

So he didn't bother sitting on on some barstool to a slow song, showing you he could master an instrument, for example. The genius in Michael Jackson was that he knew himself, and not running to satisfy any perceptions outside of his own artistic being.

I wouldn't even bother comparing him to Axl Rose- come on, really? Nah.

His shows were his own universe with his own, unique touches. Artists also change. While he might have sung mainly live on the Bad Tour, Bad looks almost "small" compared to productions like the Dangerous and HIStory Tour.
Artists change, they have their own development. He had a different emphasis by the time the HIStory tour came around. By that time you could tell that MJ the Director of his own inner movie had come along, very visual, very much focus on concepts for each song. Come on, the man had TANKS on the stage, trying to convey a message, as "Messiah" as that seemed to people. Very spiritual use of imagery, too. 3 globes circuling? There's a lot more thought in his shows than people realize.
Not to mention that he danced huge crowds into screaming bliss and ecstasy. Give the man credit where credit is due.

To me it seems that music at that point had become a vehicle, something he had already mastered, he was just incorporating the music into something else. And that something is what made ten thousands of people scream every night.
Remember what he said in TII? To take them places that they've never been before, that he wrote those songs to "give some kind of sense of awakening, awareness and HOPE to people". To make them happy. And his concerts people became SO HAPPY that they literally screamed in a rather ecstatic fashion that looks very strange to outsiders of this MJ universe.
He was able to awaken such screaming Happiness in people, that people literally had screamed and cried- being able to move people to such degree is a HUGE gift. The tools to get there seem to become less important.

Not too shabby, of you ask me. :cheeky:

Last edited:
Wasn't Beat It sung live on the HIStory tour in Sweden one night?

there is no singer that he is not miming..I dont know about Michael.But as i see his History tour videos he is very good.He can not be better

The one thing MJ always stood out for that he did HIS thing. Because that's what every one else did, eying the competition. The thing is he was way beyond the competition and he did what he considered the best for himself as an artist. He obviously wasn't bothered anymore having to prove to anyone that he can sing- he did that since he was 5 years old.

So he didn't bother sitting on on some barstool to a slow song, showing you he could master an instrument, for example. The genius in Michael Jackson was that he knew himself, and not running to satisfy any perceptions outside of his own artistic being.

I wouldn't even bother comparing him to Axl Rose- come on, really? Nah.

His shows were his own universe with his own, unique touches. Artists also change. While he might have sung mainly live on the Bad Tour, Bad looks almost "small" compared to productions like the Dangerous and HIStory Tour.
Artists change, they have their own development. He had a different emphasis by the time the HIStory tour came around. By that time you could tell that MJ the Director of his own inner movie had come along, very visual, very much focus on concepts for each song. Come on, the man had TANKS on the stage, trying to convey a message, as "Messiah" as that seemed to people. Very spiritual use of imagery, too. 3 globes circuling? There's a lot more thought in his shows than people realize.
Not to mention that he danced huge crowds into screaming bliss and ecstasy. Give the man credit where credit is due.

To me it seems that music at that point had become a vehicle, something he had already mastered, he was just incorporating the music into something else. And that something is what made ten thousands of people scream every night.
Remember what he said in TII? To take them places that they've never been before, that he wrote those songs to "give some kind of sense of awakening, awareness and HOPE to people". To make them happy. And his concerts people became SO HAPPY that they literally screamed in a rather ecstatic fashion that looks very strange to outsiders of this MJ universe.
He was able to awaken such screaming Happiness in people, that people literally had screamed and cried- being able to move people to such degree is a HUGE gift. The tools to get there seem to become less important.

Not too shabby, of you ask me. :cheeky:
if you were teaching an art appreciation class, i would want to be one of your students. excellent post. rep points for this. and i say it believing he sung fully at those concerts. it wouldn't have mattered to me what he did as long as he did it. after all..it's Michael Jackson.

Last edited:
if you were teaching an art appreciation class, i would want to be one of your students. excellent post. rep points for this. and i say it believing he sung fully at those concerts. it wouldn't have mattered to me what he did as long as he did it. after all..it's Michael Jackson.

Excellent post PACE and you always astound me as well 144000. Keep it up both of you.

You gotta wonder why people just love to pick arguements all the time.....

He does doesn't he? We're all MJ fans but we're also fans of music in general. LTD you are well within your right to start a thread like this and it's rather unfortunate that your question is being branded as obsessive.

Back