Thriller Live: The Musical at the West End. You opinions? Will you go?

Tell me your opinion on Thriller Live!

• I have seen Thriller Live before and nothing will keep me away from London!

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • I have seen Thriller Live before and I’ll wait for a tour date near me.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • I have seen Thriller Live before and nothing will get me to see it again. (Terrible show)

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • I have never seen Thriller Live and can’t wait to see it in the West End

Votes: 30 21.3%
  • I have never seen Thriller Live and will wait for a UK tour date near me

Votes: 15 10.6%
  • I have never seen Thriller Live and don’t want to see it.

Votes: 26 18.4%
  • I can’t make up my mind.

Votes: 13 9.2%

• Total voters
i saw thriller live in london on my birthday and it was amazing ..i actually got all emotional and it was just amazing seeing j5 performances and all of michaels off the wall etc .. i wud defo go again !

I was thinking of seeing it when I get over there. Anyone know if there's a tube that goes to Thriller Live, or a tube that gets you close enough to walk to it? We won't have a car and have to solely rely on Tube and Taxi.

I'm seeing it on the West End this Saturday, was an xmas prezzie! Can't wait, never seen it before.

We should all try to get tickets for the same night and go together!!! What would be more amazing than going to see a MICHAEL JACKSON musical with a bunch of MJ fans!!! Would be AWESOME!!! Imagine it being FULL of MJ fans!! I bet the cast would get a kick out of it too!! OMG, that would be AMAZING!

I was thinking of seeing it when I get over there. Anyone know if there's a tube that goes to Thriller Live, or a tube that gets you close enough to walk to it? We won't have a car and have to solely rely on Tube and Taxi.

Piccadilly Circus tube station is the one you want, not far from the theatre at all.

I saw it in London a few weeks ago- loved it! Denise Pearson is amazing! All of the cast are very strong, but Denise stood out for me, especially when she did TWYMMF
Went with my sister who is not a major Jackson fan but she really enjoyed it and along with everyone else was singing along & dancing.
Would definitely recommend, and would strongly suggest getting seats in the stools if going to Lyric Theatre as you get the best view and atmosphere.

its coming to woking theatre(in surrey, its about 5min walk from my house :) ) in april i think cant wait been looking forward for ages going to be a warm up for the real concert :-D

I am going in Prague on the 2. April :) saw it the first time in London in August 2006 with Navi as MJ and it was awesome!!!

Dave what did you think of the show and performers?

It was brilliant! I honestly did not expect it to be that good. I whole heartedly recommend it. My mate (who got me the tickets for xmas) is not an MJ fan but even he loved it. I probably wouldn't have gone if he hadn't got me them but I'm glad I did. They did all the great songs and the atmosphere was fantastic, they got everyone out their seats and dancing. I was chatting to loads of random people during the interval and everyone loved it, despite most not really considering themselves fans.

It just makes you realise how many classics he has, and how many people know them and love them.

The female performer (Denise?) was especially good.

On the tube home we sat next to the kid who played the young Michael. I was asking him and his Mum about it and they said there were 4 kids who alternated for the show but he did that Saturday shows. He also said that the entire cast are going to see MJ in concert in August (think it was either 10th or 12th).

So any of you not sure about going, I really would recommend it. Cheesy as hell but such good fun.

I can only endorse this musical...I have seen it before and it was great! If there are dates close to the show I am attending I am going

Hi Dave, yeah Denise Pearson, she is a great dancer and singer. Am going on Sunday.

Who's going to Thriller?

Sorry if this has been posted somewhere else (cant see anything- please merge if necessary) - Who else is going to Thriller??

I'm going on the 18th of April to the one at the Regent Theatre in Stoke, I've heard brilliant reviews from it. Has anyone here already seen it? :)

Re: Who's going to Thriller?

I've seen it in The Netherlands,

Absolutely brilliant. The singers/dancers are very talented and the positive light they shed on Michael makes it even better to watch!

Oh wow, that's excellent!!

It take it they sing/dance all of his most popular hits? Do they cover some of his songs that weren't released also? How long does it last? :)

I saw it yesterday, it was amazing!!
and it's lasting about 3 hours, all hits of Michael and Jackson 5!
really amazing show...

If it ever comes to australia melbourne, id defnately go :D

saw it for the 4th time on saturday and i must say, it was the best yet, better than the touring version of it..... simply outstanding !

i went to see it yesterday, but not at the west end was at woking - it was truely amazing and i want to go see it in london now!! i recorded a few clips on my phone, quality isnt the best but ill upload them somewhere

(28-4-2009) Due to its immense popularity, Thriller Live will extend its stay at London’s West-End through 2009. The show was originally scheduled to play until September 27, 2009 but now it will play through January 3, 2010. 100,000 additional tickets for the new shows will go on sale on May 4, 2009.

Recently, Thriller Live celebrated becoming the highest grossing weekly show in the history of the Lyric Theatre.

Thriller Live is a musical celebration featuring the hit songs of Michael Jackson & the Jackson 5.

Source: MJFC / Broadway World

Recently, Thriller Live celebrated becoming the highest grossing weekly show in the history of the Lyric Theatre.

^^
Oh, this is goooood. Mazel tov

(28-4-2009) Due to its immense popularity, Thriller Live will extend its stay at London’s West-End through 2009. The show was originally scheduled to play until September 27, 2009 but now it will play through January 3, 2010. 100,000 additional tickets for the new shows will go on sale on May 4, 2009.

Thriller Live is a musical celebration featuring the hit songs of Michael Jackson & the Jackson 5.

Source: MJFC / Broadway World

^^
Oh, this is goooood. Mazel tov

Another extenstion to the run and highest grossing weekly show at the lyric?!
Wow, that's absolutely amazing. Long may it continue!

I guess TII is helping sales of Thriller Live as people who couldn't get tickets to TII may opt for that instead, and people who could get tickets go to Thriller Live to get warmed up for the big show.

Hey guys. Do they have any brochures or free flyers you can pick up there to take with you? I have seen flyers on eBay, but I'm not sure if they were free, or promo.

Hey guys. Do they have any brochures or free flyers you can pick up there to take with you? I have seen flyers on eBay, but I'm not sure if they were free, or promo.

No, there's no free brochures. You can buy something like this if you want.

Thanks, virginia! I guess the ones I saw were only promo. Where can you buy them and how much are they? Also, is there ANYWHERE else I can buy a Thriller Live t-shirt instead of through them? I don't like the whole sending a check and waiting for it... Would take forever.

Back