Thriller Live: The Musical at the West End. You opinions? Will you go?

Tell me your opinion on Thriller Live!

• I have seen Thriller Live before and nothing will keep me away from London!

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • I have seen Thriller Live before and I’ll wait for a tour date near me.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • I have seen Thriller Live before and nothing will get me to see it again. (Terrible show)

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • I have never seen Thriller Live and can’t wait to see it in the West End

Votes: 30 21.3%
  • I have never seen Thriller Live and will wait for a UK tour date near me

Votes: 15 10.6%
  • I have never seen Thriller Live and don’t want to see it.

Votes: 26 18.4%
  • I can’t make up my mind.

Votes: 13 9.2%

• Total voters
I've still got my thriller live ticket from hull, and the brochure that i bought :) It was such a fantastic show, but i wished someone else had come with me! I went alone, but there were some ladies who do the administrative work at the front office in my University on the front row, and we chatted for a while after so was all good :lol:

I really wanna see it. It's weird because me and my boyfriend were planning on booking a weekend in London to go and see it, then a few days later Michael announced This Is It, so he bought me tickets for that instead, lol! I would still like to go and see it sometime though.

Thanks, virginia! I guess the ones I saw were only promo. Where can you buy them and how much are they? Also, is there ANYWHERE else I can buy a Thriller Live t-shirt instead of through them? I don't like the whole sending a check and waiting for it... Would take forever.
Sorry.. Just wondering this and not wanting anyone to miss it!

You know... I've never heard ANYONE complain about that show... I got balcony tickets... Will I need binoculars? LOL!

Thanks, virginia! I guess the ones I saw were only promo. Where can you buy them and how much are they? Also, is there ANYWHERE else I can buy a Thriller Live t-shirt instead of through them? I don't like the whole sending a check and waiting for it... Would take forever.

I don't know how much it cost in London but here in Poland it was 30 złoty which is about 6 pounds. And we could buy t-shirts, hats etc. before and after the show but like I said I don't know how it is in London.
Oh, and I got balcony tickets too (in arena for 2,500 people) and I didn't need binoculars. Besides when you dance you don't have time for binoculars. :D

sorry for my English

I don't know how much it cost in London but here in Poland it was 30 złoty which is about 6 pounds. And we could buy t-shirts, hats etc. before and after the show but like I said I don't know how it is in London.
Oh, and I got balcony tickets too (in arena for 2,500 people) and I didn't need binoculars. Besides when you dance you don't have time for binoculars. :D

sorry for my English
Maybe you should get one for me and send it! LOL :p

I just booked tickets. When it was in my country i was like nah i want to see the real deal. And next to that it was always on dates i had to work or had other plans. But now I was like why not? Michael is gone so this might be a good alternative when i'm in London in september anyway. It's more expensive there then it was here though. I believe for the shows here the most expensive tickets where 36,95€ or something.

Booked to go on August 30th - the night my wife and I were supposed to see MJ live at the o2. :-(

It won't be the same as MJ live, but it will make us smile at the memories we have.

I booked mine for september 4th. I was thinking of september 2 at first, they still had row A, but that day will be hectic coz we arrive on that day and have to get up really early to catch our plane. On september 3rd (the day of the concert) I didn't want to go coz that will be the worst day when i'm there i guess.
Now i have row E tickets.. not bad either i guess.

I seen it in cardiff 2 years ago, i missed it this year as it was on my 21st birthday so i'll wait until it comes here again

Wow what a show. I went there last friday in London and I really enjoyed it. Was swinging in my chair and singing along from time to time. When Billie Jean started some crowd on the other side stood up to dance. Lucky for me I wasn't sitting there coz otherwise i would have been a bit mad at them blocking my view. The only thing I didn't like was I'll Be There, to me it was more done like the Mariah Carey version so I was like hey this is about MJ.

We talked a bit to the doorguy and there was an other fan waiting who also should have gone to MJ. In the end I didn't wear my MJ shirt, only my MJ necklace coz I didn't want to stand out again. On september 3rd I walked around in my MJ o2 shirt and lots of people stared at me in restaurants or when I had my coat open. Even at the o2. Some girl saw my shirt and said something like "Stupid like MJ is gonna preform toningt" to her friend. I was thinking yeah i heard you and leave me alone.

Wow what a show. I went there last friday in London and I really enjoyed it. Was swinging in my chair and singing along from time to time. When Billie Jean started some crowd on the other side stood up to dance. Lucky for me I wasn't sitting there coz otherwise i would have been a bit mad at them blocking my view. The only thing I didn't like was I'll Be There, to me it was more done like the Mariah Carey version so I was like hey this is about MJ.

We talked a bit to the doorguy and there was an other fan waiting who also should have gone to MJ. In the end I didn't wear my MJ shirt, only my MJ necklace coz I didn't want to stand out again. On september 3rd I walked around in my MJ o2 shirt and lots of people stared at me in restaurants or when I had my coat open. Even at the o2. Some girl saw my shirt and said something like "Stupid like MJ is gonna preform toningt" to her friend. I was thinking yeah i heard you and leave me alone.

Aww, how mean of those girls :( When I wore my MJ-shirts in London I got a lot of stares also, but I think most people were just curious. Actually I was surprised by the positive reactions! Many people stopped me when I was walking by, to ask where I had bought my shirt(s) from.

Anyways, I don't care what ppl think of me really, I'll wear my Michael-shirts with pride :yes:

Dont worry bout those girls hun..they are just jeaouls that they r not mj fans! :yes:. remember all mj fans are special, no matta what ppl may say or think!

Unfortunately I don't have the change to go to UK to see it, but I would love to see it anyway.. if they would come a bit nearer..
... and now they're coming to my home town! :clapping: In October, I will see it.

Thriller Live: The Musical at the West End. You opinions? Will you go?
With the announcement that Thriller Live musical will be doing a 3 month stint in the West End of London (02 Jan – 12th Apr 2009), I was wondering

How many people here have been to see the show?
When?
Where did you see it?
Will you be going to either the West End show or the new UK tour that starts in February?
Also, I have never been, so is it worth my wife and I going to see it?
My wife is not an MJ fan, so it’s gotta be good to keep her interested, otherwise she’ll be bored by the time it reaches half way through.
Do the performers manage to pull it off without seeming to be dodgy impersonators? (I often find MJ tributes or imitation performances cringe worthy – somebody else doing an MJ song in an MJ style doesn’t seem to work for me).
Does anybody know whether there will be any differences (except minor cast changes) from the last UK shows they did?
Thanks
Bob.

Thriller Live is currently playing in the West End and has been for at least the past two years...I think it was due to finish but they are now extending it..hence the Jan 2010 to April dates...I have seen it and started a thread about it elsewhere...it was very good and Im going to see it again on 24th September...great audience participation.... good sing along... good night I would say dont miss it!

I could not bring myself to see this musical when I was in London in July. I just couldn't see anyone else performing Michael's songs, it was too painful. It still is.

If next time I'm in London the show will still be playing, I'll probably go. I'm not sure.

I could not bring myself to see this musical when I was in London in July. I just couldn't see anyone else performing Michael's songs, it was too painful. It still is.

If next time I'm in London the show will still be playing, I'll probably go. I'm not sure.

Me too. I was thinking about going while in London but at the last minute I changed my mind and bought tickets for something else instead. Maybe next time.

Wow what a show. I went there last friday in London and I really enjoyed it. Was swinging in my chair and singing along from time to time. When Billie Jean started some crowd on the other side stood up to dance. Lucky for me I wasn't sitting there coz otherwise i would have been a bit mad at them blocking my view. /QUOTE]

Dudie - I was there that night. I felt dreadful after the funeral so my boyf went down and picked up tickets that day.
I saw that crowd standing up, were you on the other side. We were in the upper circle dancing with this crowd in the back row. The whole platform was shaking.The was a couple there who were at least 80 and they were loving it. She was on crutches but he was up dancing for the whole show nearly. MJs influence transcends all barriers including age.

The little kid playing young MJ was terrific. I'll probably go again when it tours the UK next year.

They were supposed to come here this winter but it's kinda shame it seems like it's cancled!
Is it because of Michael's death? I do want to see their show

I have seen it and its coming to Norway in November 4th. I have already booked my ticket :clap:

I have never seen Thriller Live and can’t wait to see it in the West End

They were supposed to come here this winter but it's kinda shame it seems like it's cancled!
Is it because of Michael's death? I do want to see their show
I wouldn't think it got cancelled because of that.. it's still coming to Finland, they announced it idk, month ago?

Dudie - I was there that night. I felt dreadful after the funeral so my boyf went down and picked up tickets that day.
I saw that crowd standing up, were you on the other side. We were in the upper circle dancing with this crowd in the back row. The whole platform was shaking.The was a couple there who were at least 80 and they were loving it. She was on crutches but he was up dancing for the whole show nearly. MJs influence transcends all barriers including age.

The little kid playing young MJ was terrific. I'll probably go again when it tours the UK next year.

I hardly saw anything about the funeral at all.. checked BBC news and Sky News at the hotel and I went to the o2 on september 3rd. Nothing. Only 1 minute in the news mentioning he's burried and some small bits on news papers. The young MJ was so cool. He was the best :D Didn't like the vocals of the bold guy. He was singing wierd and sometimes he did play back. I only stood up to swing when we did the dance/shout thing. OMG that was so funny!!! And Black or White. Maybe if i was in the back i would have stood up and danced but I sat at row E so lots of people behind me.

Ok I watched it at Lyric Theatre today and it was absolutely brilliant!! LOVED IT!!

Last edited:
I had the pleasure of seeing it while I was in London in july and have to say I loved every minute of it. I got a bit emotional at certain songs such as Ben and Heal the World...it was a mix of emotions cuz I saw it on the night I had tickets for TII so... you understand.
Highly recommendable show, very profesional people with a very nice production, got the little booklet too, it was cheap and the pics of MJ are always great.

Did they do TDCAU?

A few days ago (when I went) they did :).

BTW, a friend of mine and I had a discussion what the singers and dancers would earn (since the tickets were quite expensive). I asked her if she would agree they might earn 10 000 Euro a month?
She said that would be far too much, she thought as so often is the case they would probably be exploited and the only person who makes the real money would be the organizer.

Anybody know?

Back