Update: Behind the Scenes on Jan 28th 8PM ET OWN Channel / Katherine Jackson May Be 'Oprah' Bound

Will you watch the Oprah interview

• Yes

Votes: 87 70.7%
  • No I don't feel right about watching

Votes: 36 29.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Katherine Jackson May Be 'Oprah' Bound

I have a very awkward feeling about this.... The respect I had for Oprah died long ago, she never stood up for Michael.
I just hope and wish that she is not gonna interview the kids.

Are we still on Michael Jackson site?

L.o.v.e.
Romi

Yes, we are. We are still hurt, still angry and still grieving. It was a bad day for me yesterday and im a loss for words that can truly express how I truly miss him.I sit quietly from time to time wondering why and how did it come to this? Oh Michael!

really tired of this stupidity ...........oprah can go to hell ,just shut ur big mouth and leave Michael alone.:angry:

Oprah wouldn't be doing what she's doing if the Jacksons hadn't accepted her invitation. Let's stop pretending it's just Oprah and the "meanie media" who don't leave Michael alone. The Jacksons ACCEPTED to be on her show. Let's stop pretending they had a gun pointed to their heads while hearing Oprah's, TMZ's, Radar's, 20/20's, and so on, offers. They reach out to the media. It's not the media which reaches out to them, so let's stop this madness, this urge to portray the Jacksons as innocent, media preys who don't know full well what and who are they talking to. They WANT to be on Oprah, so erase the "Winfrey doesn't leave Michael alone" thoughts. She would leave him alone if his own family members ignored her offers and stopped feeding social communition with images and scenarios created by themselves with the purpose of lining their pockets.

Last edited by a moderator:

If this is true, it's not a good idea on Katherine's part at all.. Does this family have any clue whatsoever what Oprah and her other media counterparts did to MJ? They are part of the reason why he couldn't sleep at night

Oprah wouldn't be doing what she's doing if the Jacksons hadn't accepted her invitation. Let's stop pretending it's just Oprah and the "meanie media" who don't leave Michael alone. The Jacksons ACCEPTED to be on her show. Let's stop pretending they had a gun pointed to their heads while hearing Oprah's, TMZ's, Radar's, 20/20's, and so on, offers. They reach out to the media. It's not the media which reaches out to them, so let's stop this madness, this urge to portray the Jacksons as innocent, media preys who don't know full well what and who are they talking to. They WANT to be on Oprah, so erase the "Winfrey doesn't leave Michael alone" thoughts. She would leave him alone if his own family members ignored her offers and stopped feeding social communition with images and scenarios created by themselves with the purpose of lining their pockets.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
thanx !
let's hope no more he was a drug addict thing !
he was not an addict and all his doctors say this !
please Kathrine do not give his enemies the chance to hurt his image :(

Don't trust Katherine talking to Oprah at all.. this is not good

If this is true, it's not a good idea on Katherine's part at all.. Does this family have any clue whatsoever what Oprah and her other media counterparts did to MJ? They are part of the reason why he couldn't sleep at night
They have been doing all these things since Michael's here. I didn't see why they had to change now. They are the "Insiders" of those tabloids for years. They don't mind talk shit as long as their pocket's full. didn't Randy threat Michael he would call the media if he didn't let him in? we all knew why Michael distanced himself from this "family".

I don't know who makes me sick the most. Oprah or the Jacksons.

Hahaha that's an easy answer. Oprah isn't MJ's flesh & blood ... Isn't it worst when your own sell you out?

Michael's not here to see this anymore. I just feel bad for the children. Their whole family is showing them it's perfectly ok to open up to the media, the same media that treated their Dad like dog turd and directly contributed to him being where he is today. So how long will it be until they're taken in too?

Man, I'm TOTALLY speechless (if this news is correct).

In the beginning, I wanted to be supportive of Michael's family, but then everytime you turned around they were doing something or saying something that I found very questionable. After a while you just have to throw your hands up in the air and say: I can no longer be supportive!"

It "almost" appears that if this story is true, that the camera crew was only there to capture some background footage and if that's the case, Ms. Katherine would be PAID for same. I don't believe Oprah would pay for an interview, but she would definitely PAY for any background footage, in my opinion.

If the camera crew was there for, what looks like, and hour and a half, then, in my opinion, that's not enough time to conduct a proper interview. If this is supposed to be a proper interview, then I believe Oprah would have most likely spent the entire day with Ms. Katherine.

Either way you slice it, interview or no interview, I wouldn't even want Oprah in my home to capture ANYTHING. Whether it be background shots or an interview, my response would be been: NO THANKS!

Like someone already said, "Oprah and folks like Oprah were PARTLY responsible for why Michael had a problem getting a good night sleep."

Michael's not here to see this anymore. I just feel bad for the children. Their whole family is showing them it's perfectly ok to open up to the media, the same media that treated their Dad like dog turd and directly contributed to him being where he is today. So how long will it be until they're taken in too?

You are assuming an awful lot. If this interview took place I doubt you will see the kids. I think I can kind of understand Mrs Jackson here if someone ask me to talk about my son who is no longer here I would do so in a heartbeat. But I would not talk to Oprah. If Oprah was there for an hour and a half no that is not long enough for an interview ESP when you consider editing and such. I will wait and see before I say anything more about this alleged interview no use and getting worked up. ESP when TMZ have been dead dog wrong before

You are assuming an awful lot. If this interview took place I doubt you will see the kids.
I never said we'd see them this time, or even any time in the very near future. They're only children. Doesn't change the fact that the example set by their family is more than questionable.

I'll wait till the interview before commenting...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nobody has answered yet! What a shame to "old school" father Joe! With how many women has he had sex with as of last week?

Option A) 7
Option B) 8
Option C) 9
Option D) 10

Who wants to have a try?!

Oh well...next time get ready to answer the poll: "How many rumors have Randy, Latoya, Joe, Oxman and Rowe sold to the media about Michael being a "weak, frail, retarded, meanie junkie"?".

i am fan of Michael Jackson not jackson family .when i said stupidity ,it included everyone related to that interview.i still remember what janet said on that oprah couch. oprah mainly because i hate the word Michael is coming from her venomous mouth.

l believe if katherine wanted to do a interview, she could have a lot of choices.like many of you said,why oprah who bashed her son in his darkest moment? And how could she even have the guts to face ms jackson after what she said about Michael?well again,i guess she could do anything for rating. i don't know,maybe kathereine did this because she wanted to clear up misunderstanding that woman and many ppl have on her son.i'll have to just wait and see
but i don't feel like doing an interview with that woman is a wise idea.

I have a feeling Oprah regrets het former anti-MJ stance. Remember a lot of her friends and guests have spoken about their admiration for Michael, for Oprah probably most notably Maya Angelou. Maybe she wants to do make it right just before her last tv season ends. I don't have a negative feeling about this at all.

And what if she is indeed interviewing Jackie and not Katherine. Jackie has been one of the most loyal and sincere siblings since his little brother's passing. He's quite charming (remember Oprah said she once wanted to marry Jackie in the 1993 interview) and intelligent, so that would be quite interesting to see.

Only thing that might be worrisome is the possible involvement of the kids.

Not in a million yrs would OPRAH take her show to hayvenhurst just to interview JACKIE JACKSON. The big get is KATHERINE JACKSON. Don't think KATHERINE will attack OPRAH or OPRAH will be disrespectful to MJ. Two-faced OPRAH will fawning all our MJ.

Not in a million yrs would OPRAH take her show to hayvenhurst just to interview JACKIE JACKSON. The big get is KATHERINE JACKSON. Don't think KATHERINE will attack OPRAH or OPRAH will be disrespectful to MJ. Two-faced OPRAH will fawning all our MJ.

yep she's such a fake...

I know we've looked at Oprah as an opportunist for many years but it just suprizes me how hateful some of us fans can be!! I mean damn mulitple pages of just hate twards a person.. There are people everyday that do the same as Oprah but we never mention it.. There are even fans that have pretended they are not fans because they were embarased.

In my opinion if there were no signs of MJ having something against her nor any of his family and friends because of MJ than I'm not going to spit venum at her.. I disagree how she handled MJ and who he is but i'm not going to keep attacking her like she's Tom Sneddon or something

maybe katherine likes oprah's show,like millions of women..let's wait and see what happens and after make a judgement!

maybe katherine likes oprah's show,like millions of women..let's wait and see what happens and after make a judgement!
I agree with you. :agree:

I'm going to be optimistic about this. Yes, I'm not happy with what Oprah said during and before the trial. The fact that she met Michael, went to his home, interviewed him, and that interview got her sky-rocket ratings which helped to put her on the map, only makes her subsequent actions worse in my eyes. But, that being said, she is no where near as bad as Bashir, Dimond, Grace or Sawyer. I saw Nancy Grace screaming, literally, SCREAMING at someone because they disagreed with her. I'm thankful Mrs Jackson didn't go ahead and seek out these kinds of "journalists" for an interview. Oprah, at least, lets you speak. She will try and go in for the kill and ask some uncomfortable and inappropriate questions, but if you refuse to answer, for the most part, she would move on. At least she's not going to go about screaming when she doesn't get her way. Mrs Jackson can use Oprah's popularity as a vessel to get her message/point across. It is possible to use the media to your advantage if you know how to do it.

And, Oprah can EDIT and twist words once the interview is done.

It's more than likely that she will be fair in doing so. She wouldn't be looked upon too kindly if she starts trashing on a mother who's just lost her son. She knows that too.

I saw this on another board, not sure if it was posted here but...

I just confirmation that Oprah did do an interview and she set up right in the house Friday, Saturday and half of today. Most of the interview took place yesterday and her crew just shot photos and the inside of the home, Friday and half of today. They are having a party for Jermajesty today so I don't know she is capturing that. She is going for an angle of the whole Jackson family and not just Katherine. She spoke and met with the children as well, PPB, Jermaine's kids and Donte & Randy. WOW I'm shocked. I dont know if the children will be on the show though, from what I got they will be. WOW

She's going to interview the kids? Wow... this sure does take to it another level. MJ be spewin.

Last edited:

She's going to interview the kids? Wow... this sure does take to it another level. MJ be spewin.

He surely would be. :(

What problems with addiction? Are you referring to something MJ got treated for over 10 years ago. You can defend the family without putting Michael down with innuendo. The family hasn't defined this drug addiction, these interventions or given time frames so nothing is well documented other than what MJ admitted to over 10 years ago and that is not recent. I like the Jackson family as a whole but some things they do are questionable and this seems to be one of those questionable things.

Are you for real? You're basing opinions on TMZ gossip and then having ago at me for mentioning Michael's addictions. Get real! LMAO

I don't know who makes me sick the most. Oprah or the Jacksons.

That's just an awful comment. That actually makes me sick!

I'm actually disgusted. An actual feeling of vomit if this is true.

Shame on Katherine, shame
On the Jackson family.

This bitch, had a major hand in tearing their son Down.

Anything for fucking money.

"If this is true." Brilliant.

I don't approve of Katherine letting Oprah interview her at the Jackson Encino home (which is owned by Michael). Oprah stabbed Michael in the back, she could have helped Michael media wise if she had either supported Michael during the false abuse accusations of 1993, or if she had been impartial and looked at both sides of the story on her show (not that the Chandler's had anything credible to prove their lies). Instead, Oprah had to make a comment about herself being abused as a child, and because she was abused she decided not to support Michael. I respect the fact she has certain feelings and that I and most of use can't comprehend, but as the so called open minded person she is, she should know that in "Show Business" famous people get extorted for money by all sorts of threats and lies. She should also know that some children do lie about child abuse. The fact that her statement in 1993 about Michael, showed a mistrust in Michael's innocence and the fact he had to once again use her own experience to judge Michael and not be impartial makes me have no respect for Oprah at all. Like anyone else, if I heard someone I knew or met was being accused of child abuse, I would be wary. But with Michael the it was obvious he was being framed from day one, and that's shows how bigoted a view of Michael Oprah had of Michael. I bet she was jealous of Michael's fame.

We just have to accept it if Oprah is interviewing Katherine. Oprah is manipulative, and a fake. But I do think she will do her best to do a positive interview about Michael, because I think she riddled with guilt for not supporting Michael when he was alive. Like Madonna said at the MTV VMA's in 2009 "we turned our backs on him", I was never a fan of Madonna. But she gained my respect for being the only famous person with the guts to tell the truth how many famous people shunned Michael in 1993 and 2003. The likes of Oprah make me angry, and if I were a Jackson I'd tell her on television manipulative and false person she was to Michael. Michael put Oprah in the huge international stage, yes she was famous before she interviewed Michael. But Michael shot her chat show supernova all over the world.

In Katherine's defense, I think she will have chosen or agreed to have Oprah interview her because it will give her the maximum publicity around the world to talk positively about her son Michael. Geraldo Rivera would be more of a perfect interview, but his show in FOX News isn't as successful as Oprah. I personal think Geraldo or Larry King are the best choice for an interview (though Geraldo is the better interviewer of the two), but Oprah gets more viewers.

I also don't think we will fully know about Michael last year or two of life until his children are well in to their 20's. They may be children, but they were with Michael 24/7 and Katherine wasn't. They will know or have an idea what was going on in Michael's live. All I know is that none of this should be happening, and Michael should still be alive. He was still a healthy man, and his autopsy showed that.

OK, things are getting a little too heated in here. First of all I'm just going to remind you of the multi-quote feature which means you can quote more than one post in just one reply post. Three or four posts by one poster in a row is messy, especially when there's an edit button should you need one.

Secondly, I for one am not going to come down on people who are upset at this turn of events, I mean come on. There's a lot of history with Oprah AND the family. All this coming together is bound to upset fans. Myself included. Fine, some of you think that's wrong and not 'Michael's way'. I can see it isn't, but I'm not in the sort of place yet where I can see this in that way. That's fantastic that some of you can, please don't see this as an attack because I truly wish I could have that perspective on things and see things that way, but grief affects us all differently, you know?

What we have to try to do here is support one another and help each other through these continually hard times and challenging situations. Can we try that rather than attacking each other over our differing opinions? That said, this forum will NOT become a free for all for name calling and rude comments towards any party. That, we ARE better than. Ok? I hope this clears some things up anyhow?

Any posts from here on that are over the boundaries will be removed. Remember, we all LOVE Michael with all our hearts, lets remember that and move forward as one instead of being on the verge of attack all the time. That surely would break his heart, and it's heartbreaking for us to see as well.

Just one more thing: ADDICTION TALK STOPS HERE.

Unbelievable.

They betray him One More Time. Oprah of course and the Jackson family, ALL the Jacksons.( I don't spaeak about the kids , nephews and his nieces ).

They don't care about him.

Must be happy Michael....

I really, really like Katherine and want to support. I am just thinking that all of the events that have transpired since MJ's death have left her very vulnerable and wide open to the whims of unscrupupous people. And, it is a shame that out of all of her children, she is not getting the support she needs and the information she needs to be able to know how to react. She couldn't be. If she was, things like this woul;d not be taking place.

I think MJ has turned over in his grave multiple times at some of the events that have taken place since his death. And, I think fans have every right to express anger at some of these things. The level of anger will depend upon each person.

I can't stand that the family is time and time again welcoming individuals in to their inner circle who have blatantly and publicly dehumanized, mocked, shamed, and spit upon MJ. How could you even associate with someone who has done that to a family member of yours who you claim to love so much.

Does this family communicate with one another? Katherine may not know what Oprah has said, but I know multiple people in that family has to know. For the sake of MJ's legacy and his children, why don't they please do something that shows that have some level of common sense and love for one of their own?

The things they say and the things they do make it almost impossible to relate to them on a respectable level. To the point that in the public's eyes, even if theyw ere to come out and say something constructive, it is taken as one big joke. Even people who are not fans of Mj know what people like Oprah have said. When you associate with someone who has that kind of reputation, it is almost like a confirmation of all of their lies.

It really saddens me that the family cannot get it together.

Back