Update: Behind the Scenes on Jan 28th 8PM ET OWN Channel / Katherine Jackson May Be 'Oprah' Bound

Will you watch the Oprah interview

• Yes

Votes: 87 70.7%
  • No I don't feel right about watching

Votes: 36 29.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Katherine Jackson May Be 'Oprah' Bound

OK, things are getting a little too heated in here. First of all I'm just going to remind you of the multi-quote feature which means you can quote more than one post in just one reply post. Three or four posts by one poster in a row is messy, especially when there's an edit button should you need one.

Secondly, I for one am not going to come down on people who are upset at this turn of events, I mean come on. There's a lot of history with Oprah AND the family. All this coming together is bound to upset fans. Myself included. Fine, some of you think that's wrong and not 'Michael's way'. I can see it isn't, but I'm not in the sort of place yet where I can see this in that way. That's fantastic that some of you can, please don't see this as an attack because I truly wish I could have that perspective on things and see things that way, but grief affects us all differently, you know?

What we have to try to do here is support one another and help each other through these continually hard times and challenging situations. Can we try that rather than attacking each other over our differing opinions? That said, this forum will NOT become a free for all for name calling and rude comments towards any party. That, we ARE better than. Ok? I hope this clears some things up anyhow?

Any posts from here on that are over the boundaries will be removed. Remember, we all LOVE Michael with all our hearts, lets remember that and move forward as one instead of being on the verge of attack all the time. That surely would break his heart, and it's heartbreaking for us to see as well.

Just one more thing: ADDICTION TALK STOPS HERE.

Sorry about the multiple posts, wasn't thinking :cheeky:
And regarding your last comment I was only explaining my previous posts, but I'll stop anyway.

Sorry about the multiple posts, wasn't thinking :cheeky:
And regarding your last comment I was only explaining my previous posts, but I'll stop anyway.

No problem, I understand that, I just didn't want it to escalate and derail the thread. :)

ginvid - I totally agree with all you said.

I hate to break it to you, but, Michael's problems with addiction are well known, if a member of the family wishes to discuss it then that's their prerogative, NOT YOURS! Leave them alone, the last few years has been hard enough without them learning Michael's own fans have turned. Fool!

besides breaking a site rule by calling members names, you are wrong to call Michael an addict. you have no proof. none. study before you judge. nobody is walking in Michael's shoes. NO ONE. if anybody is turning against anyone, it's you. you're protecting some members of the family, yet you're attacking the main subject of this site, who also happens to be a Jackson?

until you know about chronic pain issues, and medical and legal information, you're not in a position to call someone an addict. and if you find out more medical and legal info, you'll find out you don't have the position to call someone an addict, here.

I think probably Michael's children are giving that interview. They probably wanted that themselves. To show they are doing fine and how much they still miss Michael. Probably they are using Oprah because she has dogged Michael in the past. I mean Oprah's audience have seen that so now the same audience see the different point of view. Maybe they can't be interviewed 'without Katherine' because she takes care of them..? But probably Kate doesn't have to say anything. We'll see..

Last edited:

Oh well, it would appear that the Jacksons' don't intend to miss this opportunity to promote themselves as a "group" i.e. if you love Michael's children, you should love us all.

"The more things change, the more they stay the same."
I would rather Katherine had treated Michael Jackson special,
because he is in fact special, and so are his children: Prince, Paris, and Blanket.

Please say a prayer for Michael Jackson's children. :angel:

Last edited:

i c what everyone's saying but what if katherine is using this as a platform to clear everything up. i know oprah may not b the best person to use but i would never doubt that katherine's intentions are only for whotever she thinks is best for her son.
mayb we wouldn't make the same choices but i hav so much respect for katherine jackson n i highly doubt she's gonna say anything bad bout mj.
oprah is a platform infront of the whole world and maybe she wants everyone to hear the truth that needs to b told about her son.

I understand what people are saying about Oprah, I haven't watched her show in years, only because of the way she treated Michael. But I agree with what you said, Katherine is a smart women and if she wants to do this, she must have good reason. Let's wait and see.

I think probably Michael's children are giving that interview. They probably wanted that themselves. To show they are doing fine and how much they still miss Michael. Probably they are using Oprah because she has dogged Michael in the past. I mean Oprah's audience have seen that so now the same audience see the different point of view. Maybe they can't be interviewed 'without Katherine' because she takes care of them..? But probably Kate doesn't have to say anything. We'll see..

I truly, truly hope not. My gooodness they need to be left ALONE. When they are adults and ready to do so then they should but not now and not with Oprah. Michael would of NEVER approved of that. Katherine has attorneys who are advising her on what she can say and what she should not say. At this point that is my only peace if she does go through with the interview.

I hope she does not go through with it. Mother Katherine please don't!

Those who are calling Michael Jackson an addict are so wrong. Please, do yourself a favor, go download the autopsy report. He never had a chance. Those murderers pumped him full of drugs, it was literally in his eye balls.

I'm not down for bashing Katherine but sometimes you just have to call a spade a spade. Oprah Winfrey played a part in tearing MJ down.

It doesn't matter which way you spin it, it's a terrible terrible call. What else can be Said? Is Katherine going to say something that everyone goes "oh, ok, we collectively understand Michael now and his children are awesome" bullshit, this won't happen.

Let's be clear, anything for ratings, anything for money. That's ALL that's going on here. I'm so done with the jacksons, I'm done with their greed, I'm angry those children are with them, Janet Jackson has to be the most stuck up bitch in the world for someone who can't sell a record to save herself.

I actually thought I had seen it all. In 2005 I thought I'd seen it. In 2009 I was like damn ok they gonna murder mike. Now in 2010 Katherine Jackson sits down with a woman who called her son a pedo, a weirdo, compares herself to him. NOT only that, she invites the bitch in michaels house! It's ok cos the kids are weren't there!? Yeah ppb y'all need to go shopping down melrose today like daddy used to cos oprah Winfrey coming with cameras and grandma needs a new air con unit.

Somebody...make it stop.

I don't care if Katherine wants to sell out her son (again) by doing that Oprah interview, but Leave Michael's 3 kids out of it. As if having them sign belt buckles (which the estate stopped them from selling) was low enough as it is...going to the Grammy's to accept an award when Michael had always did everything he could to protect them from the public.....Now Oprah?... LEAVE those 3 kids out of all that money making BS. Enough is enough. I don't care if the kids themselves want to set records straight on Oprah - no. They still don't know (I assume) the major backstabbing Oprah did to their dad. If they did know, I'm sure they would never do it with Oprah. Same way they want nothing with Arnie Klein or Grace Rwamba.

Katherine, Respect your son's decision in their upbringing and leave them out of the limelight. Let them make that choice at 18.

BTW this was just posted a few mins ago on http://technorati.com/. It doesn't paint a flattering picture of the way The Jackson's are capatalizing off of Michael's death. Here's the text, link below.

With talk of Katherine Jackson's purported appearance on Oprah my first reaction was a visceral distaste - a feeling of disgust that made me want to speak to Michael Jackson's Mom and tell her "don't go!"

Tell her to preserve what is left of her son's honor and dignity. To not expose his memory to the withering rapacious gaze and questioning of ratings-hungry Oprah and her public. No good can come of this.

Other members of Michael's family have already jumped at and created opportunities to capitalize on his great fame. From wrongful death law suits filed by father Joe to absurd retrospective Las Vegas shows headed up by brother Jermaine to a growing queue of supposed children of the late superstar, the list of people trying to trample on Michael Jackson's past life for profit continues to grow.

This is one reason why we hoped that his mother, of all people, would show a touch of class and stay out of the public eye. Can she really believe that appearing on Oprah is likely to do any good for her late son's reputation? Does Katherine not see how horribly low-class it is to go on television and speak about her late son?

Someone of Michael Jackson's stature, the person who defined pop music for several decades and remains the inarguable and absolute king of the genre, at a minimum deserves complete respect from his mother - and this means not being talked about in form in front of many millions of people on television.

Katherine, please look deeply within and ask yourself: would Michael want me on Oprah talking about him? Would my darling son, who tried so hard to maintain a modicum of privacy while he lived, be pleased having his mother, of all people, on Oprah. The answer is an obvious and loud "NO."

Katherine should show Michael just a touch of the tremendous class that he invariably displayed during his amazing, yet often sad, and tragically aborted life.

Read more: http://technorati.com/entertainment...hey-ever-leave-michael-jackson/#ixzz120ryEliV

http://technorati.com/entertainment/celebrity/article/will-they-ever-leave-michael-jackson/

Last edited:

Thanks for posting that, prettygirlmj. That write up nailed it comepletely.

Damn, I hope they won't be exploiting Michael's children like that. Why is this necessary exactly? Poor MJ will be rolling in his grave if his kids end up on Oprah. Hopefully Katherine won't allow this.

Thanks for posting that, prettygirlmj. That write up nailed it comepletely.

Oh....I know..... sad but it is true.

Damn, I hope they won't be exploiting Michael's children like that. Why is this necessary exactly? Poor MJ will be rolling in his grave if his kids end up on Oprah. Hopefully Katherine won't allow this.

I hope *if* it's true the kids will be interview by Oprah, that the estate puts a stop to it like they did with that belt buckle autograph of the kids Katherine and Joseph tried selling off. Hoping Katherine would put a stop to this is hopeless. The women who Michael trusted to watch over his kids if something was to happen to him, had all three kids sign a belt buckle to try to sell off. If it weren't for the estate, she would have sold it with Joe. So don't carry too much hope with Katherine. lol

Last edited:

Oprah makes me sick.. Someone needs to tell Katherine what Oprah said about her son

I really, really like Katherine and want to support. I am just thinking that all of the events that have transpired since MJ's death have left her very vulnerable and wide open to the whims of unscrupupous people. And, it is a shame that out of all of her children, she is not getting the support she needs and the information she needs to be able to know how to react. She couldn't be. If she was, things like this woul;d not be taking place.

I think MJ has turned over in his grave multiple times at some of the events that have taken place since his death. And, I think fans have every right to express anger at some of these things. The level of anger will depend upon each person.

I can't stand that the family is time and time again welcoming individuals in to their inner circle who have blatantly and publicly dehumanized, mocked, shamed, and spit upon MJ. How could you even associate with someone who has done that to a family member of yours who you claim to love so much.

Does this family communicate with one another? Katherine may not know what Oprah has said, but I know multiple people in that family has to know. For the sake of MJ's legacy and his children, why don't they please do something that shows that have some level of common sense and love for one of their own?

The things they say and the things they do make it almost impossible to relate to them on a respectable level. To the point that in the public's eyes, even if theyw ere to come out and say something constructive, it is taken as one big joke. Even people who are not fans of Mj know what people like Oprah have said. When you associate with someone who has that kind of reputation, it is almost like a confirmation of all of their lies.

It really saddens me that the family cannot get it together.

Kudos!!

I have never seen a family react like this.

If they don't show that they respect their loved one, no one else will.

I'm sure Katherine knows. She was always up to date when it came to the press and Michael...

This is what boggles my mind.

I don't care if Katherine wants to sell out her son (again) by doing that Oprah interview, but Leave Michael's 3 kids out of it. As if having them sign belt buckles (which the estate stopped them from selling) was low enough as it is...going to the Grammy's to accept an award when Michael had always did everything he could to protect them from the public.....Now Oprah?... LEAVE those 3 kids out of all that money making BS. Enough is enough. I don't care if the kids themselves want to set records straight on Oprah - no. They still don't know (I assume) the major backstabbing Oprah did to their dad. If they did know, I'm sure they would never do it with Oprah. Same way they want nothing with Arnie Klein or Grace Rwamba.

Katherine, Respect your son's decision in their upbringing and leave them out of the limelight. Let them make that choice at 18.

BTW this was just posted a few mins ago on http://technorati.com/. It doesn't paint a flattering picture of the way The Jackson's are capatalizing off of Michael's death. Here's the text, link below.

With talk of Katherine Jackson's purported appearance on Oprah my first reaction was a visceral distaste - a feeling of disgust that made me want to speak to Michael Jackson's Mom and tell her "don't go!"

Tell her to preserve what is left of her son's honor and dignity. To not expose his memory to the withering rapacious gaze and questioning of ratings-hungry Oprah and her public. No good can come of this.

Other members of Michael's family have already jumped at and created opportunities to capitalize on his great fame. From wrongful death law suits filed by father Joe to absurd retrospective Las Vegas shows headed up by brother Jermaine to a growing queue of supposed children of the late superstar, the list of people trying to trample on Michael Jackson's past life for profit continues to grow.

This is one reason why we hoped that his mother, of all people, would show a touch of class and stay out of the public eye. Can she really believe that appearing on Oprah is likely to do any good for her late son's reputation? Does Katherine not see how horribly low-class it is to go on television and speak about her late son?

Someone of Michael Jackson's stature, the person who defined pop music for several decades and remains the inarguable and absolute king of the genre, at a minimum deserves complete respect from his mother - and this means not being talked about in form in front of many millions of people on television.

Katherine, please look deeply within and ask yourself: would Michael want me on Oprah talking about him? Would my darling son, who tried so hard to maintain a modicum of privacy while he lived, be pleased having his mother, of all people, on Oprah. The answer is an obvious and loud "NO."

Katherine should show Michael just a touch of the tremendous class that he invariably displayed during his amazing, yet often sad, and tragically aborted life.

Read more: http://technorati.com/entertainment...hey-ever-leave-michael-jackson/#ixzz120ryEliV

http://technorati.com/entertainment/celebrity/article/will-they-ever-leave-michael-jackson/

thanks for posting it,so true.

That letter sums up everything i've been thinking bout this whole oprah/mrs jackson interview.

The women who Michael trusted to watch over his kids if something was to happen to him, had all three kids sign a belt buckle to try to sell off. If it weren't for the estate, she would have sold it with Joe. So don't carry too much hope with Katherine. lol

Yeah, this is why I don't get when fans say, Katherine knows best. I love Katherine and I do feel for her, but that belt buckle fiasco shows she can make a bad call when it comes to the kids.

And other thing that is worrying me, is if the kids do on the show the media will say more crap and will try to cause another "custody" rumor

I really don't think they would dare have those children be apart of any interview. With that said though, the mere fact that Oprah may actually meet Mike's kids is upsetting enough!

Lets all just wait this out and see what happens.

Oh gosh...

Do they not see a pattern going on here with Oprah?

Can we get a confirmation that the kids did give an interview? I think for once, MJ's fanbase should unite and use the press. Many in the media are weary of the Jacksons...and I think if the fans speak up loud enough (and use the media to create havoc)...we might be able to put a stop to Oprah's exploitation of 3 minor orphan children.

Before going on the attack, we need some type of confirmation that the 3 children did participate in this.

Absolutely agree with Justthefacts, no need to rush into attack mode. We need hard proof that the 3 kids did take part in the interview.

Last edited:

I think it is important to wait and see what is going on before we act all kinds of crazy. I am going to go out on a limb and say no Michael's kids are not apart of this Michael trusted his Mothers judgement and I am sure she would not do anything like put those kids on TV knowing how he felt about things like that. The fact that the kids were not that whatever Randy called himself doing on June 25 2010 shows me that Mrs Jackson is not down for putting the kids on display. So everyone just stop until we find out for sure. Now Mrs Jackson wants to talk about her son then who are we to say she should not? Granted I wish it were not Okra I think she is a two faced backstabbing holier then thou you know what who has no right to even say Michael's name out of her mouth. But unlike her daughter I don't think Mrs Jackson would just sit there and let Okra talk down about her son in her house it is not going to happen. So lets wait and see

I think it is important to wait and see what is going on before we act all kinds of crazy. I am going to go out on a limb and say no Michael's kids are not apart of this Michael trusted his Mothers judgement and I am sure she would not do anything like put those kids on TV knowing how he felt about things like that. The fact that the kids were not that whatever Randy called himself doing on June 25 2010 shows me that Mrs Jackson is not down for putting the kids on display. So everyone just stop until we find out for sure. Now Mrs Jackson wants to talk about her son then who are we to say she should not? Granted I wish it were not Okra I think she is a two faced backstabbing holier then thou you know what who has no right to even say Michael's name out of her mouth. But unlike her daughter I don't think Mrs Jackson would just sit there and let Okra talk down about her son in her house it is not going to happen. So lets wait and see

it's easy to say, but it's not that black and white. Oprah is a professional snake. she knows how to make people say what she wants them to say. you don't get to be that successful in the media, otherwise. it's just the way of the media. it doesn't matter what Katherine's intentions are. and, quite frankly, site members have a right to feel however they feel about this. it's easy to have a short memory, when trying to remember what Oprah is fully capable of. then, there's the problem of editing. Oprah has earned the questionable reputation among many Michael Jackson fans. she worked hard for it.

And because of Oprah being such a snake I can understand everyone being worried. But I don't think Mrs Jackson is anything like the other female Jackson that Oprah talked too. And will not allow her to diss her son to her face ESP in her home

And because of Oprah being such a snake I can understand everyone being worried. But I don't think Mrs Jackson is anything like the other female Jackson that Oprah talked too. And will not allow her to diss her son to her face ESP in her home

again, there's the problem of editing. the nbc dateline program made her look like a buffoon, who 'didn't know what she was talking about'. you don't think Oprah is capable of doing that, with editing?

Last edited:
Back