Update: Behind the Scenes on Jan 28th 8PM ET OWN Channel / Katherine Jackson May Be 'Oprah' Bound

Will you watch the Oprah interview

• Yes

Votes: 87 70.7%
  • No I don't feel right about watching

Votes: 36 29.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Update: Air date Nov. 8 th / Katherine Jackson May Be 'Oprah' Bound

I watched the stream and I have to say the interview for the most part was HORRIBLE. And it wasn't even like Oprah was forcing Katherine to say those things. She just volunteered all the answers. I could not believe my ears when she was speaking about the drug addiction and the addiction to the surgery. She also critisized the way Michael brought up his children (the masks and she mentioned that now they have friends as if before they didn't). Well, at least she didn't say "I wasn't in the room" when Oprah asked her about the trial. Katherine denied it, thankgod for that.

To me it seemed Katherine didn't even realize how damaging the things that she said are to Michael's image.

But she took the time to mention that all of her children turned out great dads (yeah, that's why Jermaine's and Randy's kids are living in that house, I guess) and she also spoke about the beatings like it was nothing, the most common thing in the world.

The only good part of the interview was the children. To me it seemed that Prince was kind of uncomfortable, but Paris was very confident and I think she's the leader of the three of them. When Oprah asked her what she missed the most about Michael and Paris said "everything", my heart just broke over the way she said it and the look in her eyes... So much sadness...

But Katherine's interview is a complete disaster. I don't even know what we can do to be able to clear Michael's name after what Janet, Lisa and now Katherine said. To the world, Michael is now a complete and hopeless addict, drugs, operations, you name it, it seems he had it all according to this family.

I can't believe it. I simply can't believe this is happening.

The whole interview consists of assumptions, assumptions and more assumptions. Like, "he did the surgery and I heard people can get addicted to surgery" or "he said my own mother doesn't believe me and I heart that drug addicts are in denial and I didn't believe him". OH MY GOD. Why did she say all this? Why why why

you said it all ..and i am sure still jackson family fans are going to defend them .i am done with that family and those who can't see that i am done with them as well.

So sweet...:(

The children had a telepathic relationship with his father. With only one look, he expressed so much and I believe there was a lot of mutual understanding between them, not just spoken words.

Yeah, I could see a lot of Michael in all 3 of them just from that small interview blanket was really quiet and shy. Prince seemed really unconfortable during lots of it just his body language was saying a lot.. I'm sure if he watches this back he's gonna think - what was I doing with my hands!! lol. And paris like michael everytime sort of a sensitive issue came up she was QUICK to respond..

Aren't Jehovah Witnesses aren't suppose to divorce?

You can divorce as a JW. But the only way you can divorce with the chance of being remarried is if your husband or wife commits adultery. Which we know Joe has.

Part 1

[Youtube]pQXterI31WY[/youtube]

what did they say

LOL he fmaily live in their own little fantasy world where joe and kath have been happily married all these years all the bros are great dads and mj was the raving druggie as we need an excuse as to why he wanted nothng to do with us

Exactly.

i just woke up. and apparently, i woke up in time. because the only interview i saw was Paris. and judging from her absolute stability, and calmness and everything she said, what she said is in stark contrast to everything everybody else said about Michael, save Prince, who didn't say much at all. but he, and Paris' give me the impression that there was nothing wrong with Michael. that he wasn't addicted to plastic sugery, that he wasn't a drug addict, and that he was a great dad. period. i have nothing else to say about anybody else. period. i will say that Paris spent every waking moment with Michael, and she was the only one who did. along with Prince, and Blanket. they give me a great impression of Michael. and i don't care what anyone says..in my spirit, there was nothing wrong with Michael, and he was brilliant. and i am not delusional. and i just read the rules of the forum, again, before posting this
Your reading my mind, everything you said is true, I also agree with you about the Paris part, for me, I don't care what anybody else has to say, what matters is what his children say. They are his true legacy and nothing and no one can take this fact away, I know that I'm repeating myself but judging by this Michael's girl is a no bs girl already when it comes to the father she loves and respects so much. Her few words were a billion times stronger and more meaningful than whatever other people have to say about him. She did it last year, and she did it again with this interview, she is what the media calls ''humanizing'' Michael.

I'm watching the first part, and so far, I've noticed the interview being truncated. Katherine Jackson said something, then added "cause", but the explanation or whatever followed was taken out!

How do you know she lied? both parties involved denied the divorce and we haven't seen any legal proof, shouldn't that be enough to tell you it was a tabloid rumor.
i tihnk pl were talking about her filing for divorce years back b4 it was cleared up that they were talking about the recent rumours

what did they say

They said that they understood that Michael was trying to protect them. I think it was that Prince who explained that the masks were so that they could go out without him and not be recognized. Paris said that they were uncomfortable at times but she appreciated it. They did a good job at explaining that. Paris was well spoken. I think she'll be defending her father in the years to come.

I don't know why it bothers some people that Katherine "lied" about filing for divorce, its nobodies business! I'm glad they cut the Joe/Katherine interview short.

:scratch:So we can't comment on it? Doesn't hurt me. I'm just pointing out what I think. 'Nobody's business?' Katherine didn't think so. She answered the question instead of saying 'no comment' or 'its none of your business Oprah.' Katherine put it out there.

Guys, we have to understand Katherine may have MEMORIE issues (she's an old lady after all) , she says RANDY AND MICHAEL wrote DANCING MACHINE.

Randy at the time was 12 YEARS OLD and the song was written by Hal Davis, Don Fletcher
and Dean Parks.

I think that some things are better left unsaid... I know that Michael wouldn´t like to see fans talking about his mother, he was totally devoted to her, but I just can´t accept some things she said, especially about his appearance and his "addiction". Why does the family insist on saying that he had a drug addiction? It gives the impression that he died on account of his "addiction", not because he was murdered. I think they just contribute to Murray´s defense when they say certain things. What side are they in?? :no:

Is this the real Michael Jackson the world needs to know, according to their point of view? What did he do wrong to deserve all this?
I cried a lot just watching Michael´s kids, they are the only thing that matters in that family to me...

Last edited:

i tihnk pl were talking about her filing for divorce years back b4 it was cleared up that they were talking about the recent rumours

Right :) I think it was a rumor in the 80s But again - its nobodies business.. Inappropriate question to ask in my opinion, but that's oprah's job to ask those questions! That's why she makes more money then all of us combined.

Thank you for the link waiting for nr 2 : )

Aren't Jehovah Witnesses aren't suppose to divorce?
Apparently. oprah asked if they have filed for divorced(recently) they both said no and Katherine said she never will and joe said they get along they don't fight. At this point is a divorce even necessary after 61 years, she's not gonna give his last name back and it's not like they'll likely remarry. If they are happy with their relationship of joe living in vegas and coming by to visit once a while then good for them.

Apparently. oprah asked if they have filed for divorced(recently) they both said no and Katherine said she never will and joe said they get along they don't fight. At this point is a divorce even necessary after 61 years, she's not gonna give his last name back and it's not like they'll likely remarry. If they are happy with their relationship of joe living in vegas and coming by to visit once a while then good for them.

(agree) everyone is different..

They said that they understood that Michael was trying to protect them. I think it was that Prince who explained that the masks were so that they could go out without him and not be recognized. Paris said that they were uncomfortable at times but she appreciated it. They did a good job at explaining that. Paris was well spoken. I think she'll be defending her father in the years to come.

:heart:

Guys, we have to understand Katherine may have MEMORIE issues (she's an old lady after all) , she says RANDY AND MICHAEL wrote DANCING MACHINE.

Randy at the time was 12 YEARS OLD and the song was written by Hal Davis, Don Fletcher
and Dean Parks.
I caught that too, i'm sure she meant Shake Your Body Down to the ground, a casual fan wouldn't catch that lol

this the real Michael Jackson the world needs to know, according to their point of view? What he did do wrong to deserve all this?
Yeah crismjj...whatever did Michael do to deserve this. I can hear tooth pick nose on Leno any day now.

I caught that too, i'm sure she meant Shake Your Body Down to the ground, a casual fans wouldn't catch that lol

I thought the same.

But again, for what I recall...he had his first ''corrective'' nosejob, after breaking it while rehearsing. Then she goes and says that he just decided to do it.

I don't know.

This. She said 'never.' I watched it live. Oprah was probably referring to recent rumors b/c she said 'word on the street is...' but when Katherine said 'never' regarding if she had filed for divorce, I was like what?

Anyways, that's not an important issue. There are worse things in the interview.

and Dean Parks.

Yeah I noticed that when she was asked about her favorite Michael memories. :(

Last edited:

But Katherine's interview is a complete disaster. I don't even know what we can do to be able to clear Michael's name after what Janet, Lisa and now Katherine said. To the world, Michael is now a complete and hopeless addict, drugs, operations, you name it, it seems he had it all according to this family.

If his mother, ex wife and sister are all saying the same thing, I tend to believe them. Why wouldn't we? Most fans have never met MJ, let alone lived with him as these people have. We as fans know Michael Jackson through his music. I love him as an artist. But these people knew him as a person and blood relative. How can we doubt them just because what they say differs from our image of him. Michael Jackson was a good man but he was human. Why can't we believe the weight of all that was put upon him caused him to seek relief?

Mama Kat did really well. Its so obvious why Michael loved her so much. She is so sweet. The kids look great and they are so smart. I am so proud of them and their dad would be too. Blanket looks just like Michael.

where are part 2 & 3??

Right :) I think it was a rumor in the 80s But again - its nobodies business.. Inappropriate question to ask in my opinion, but that's oprah's job to ask those questions! That's why she makes more money then all of us combined.

Mrs. Jackson is an old school Black woman who was raised at a time when you got married FOR LIFE. She may have filed for divorce from Joe at two different points but the fact that she never went though with it shows you that she didn't feel right about leaving him. She denied to Oprah that she filed for divorce for the same reason she didn't go through with it... she is from an era where you DO NOT divorce your husband AND you don't tell anyone outside of the family that there may be discord or rockiness in your marriage.

The fact that Joe lives in Vegas pretty much tells me that the are pretty much separated, but since they aren't divorced, she can say she's still married...

f his mother, ex wife and sister are all saying the same thing, I tend to believe them. Why wouldn't we?
cause ive read the autopsy report. have you? i have an issue with ppl helping his killer get off wouldnt anyone that supports mj have that issue. putting aside what its doing to his children and legacy. dont tell me he slept in a oxygen tent and owned the elephants mans bones aswell. a sister who said she hadntseen him for years b4 his death. and ex wife that said she never saw him take anything and knew he had to go to the docs for his skin issues and his mother who a few months back said the total opposite to what shes saying now. which amazing is the same as what randy has been pushing since the mid 00's. fans really need to educate themselves u think mj fans of all ppl would know better

I haven't seen the rest of the interview. I'm waiting for part 2 and 3.

What caught my attention, is the choice of words when she was speaking about his skin. She kept repeating CHANGE, CHANGE CHANGE , instead of using the term TREATMENT.

And one more thing, I keep reading people discussing the AUTOPSY REPORT, and I've read HERE and supported by moderators , that the file report that surfaced (on TMZ I guess) was fake.

Back