Update: Behind the Scenes on Jan 28th 8PM ET OWN Channel / Katherine Jackson May Be 'Oprah' Bound

Will you watch the Oprah interview

• Yes

Votes: 87 70.7%
  • No I don't feel right about watching

Votes: 36 29.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Update: Air date Nov. 8 th / Katherine Jackson May Be 'Oprah' Bound

As a mother, she has all the rights in the world when it comes to her children, there's no doubt. What she doesn't have the right to do, though, is to air criticisms on international television about topics that Michael tried desperately to shield himself and his family from all his life. That is traitorous.

Yeah! This!

Fret, complain about Michael in the privacy of your family conversations. That's all I am saying.

Lets say you have something that has bother you for a long time. Let's say it is your hair. You try to cover it up, but it doesn't work. you confode in your mother who you adore and say, "Mom I am so ugly. I hate my hair." People constantly make fun of you for it and your mother knows this. Do not tell me you would not be upset if your mother went on TV and basically told the world your hair is a mess.

Even if it was true and even if it was her right, does that mean it is ok to do. I just really have a problem with the family saying stuff now that they would dare not say when MJ was alive. Never would this have come out of her mouth.

In an interview, even Joe said he would not talk about MJ's plactis surgery because he knew it would upset MJ. C'mon, this was Joe who said this. And you want me to believe Kath doesn't know any better.

Whern a person dies, I would think you would be more protective of them, not less. And if you wouldn't say it if they were alive, why would you say it after they have died?

Expect he did not hide the fact that he hated his look to the rest of the world. And his raising skills are obviously no secret.

Katherine revealed no secrets, just her own opinion on matters we all know.

EDIT: oh and if we're to take this hypothetical situation seriously, I'd be upset at the people criticizing my mother far more than anything else.

Last edited:

Lets say you have something that has bother you for a long time. Let's say it is your hair. You try to cover it up, but it doesn't work. you confode in your mother who you adore and say, "Mom I am so ugly. I hate my hair." People constantly make fun of you for it and your mother knows this. Do not tell me you would not be upset if your mother went on TV and basically told the world your hair is a mess.

Even if it was true and even if it was her right, does that mean it is ok to do. I just really have a problem with the family saying stuff now that they would dare not say when MJ was alive. Never would this have come out of her mouth.

In an interview, even Joe said he would not talk about MJ's plactic surgery because he knew it would upset MJ. C'mon, this was Joe who said this. And you want me to believe Kath doesn't know any better.

When a person dies, I would think you would be more protective of them, not less. And if you wouldn't say it if they were alive, why would you say it after they have died?

Edit:
And Kath could steer this interview any way she wanted. She put up no fight for goodness sake. She just gave into Oprah. You're skippy I wanted to hear nothing but good news, or at least nothing but good answers. Especially after we were promised an interview that would set things straight.

Thanks people.

In an interview, even Joe said he would not talk about MJ's plactic surgery because he knew it would upset MJ. C'mon, this was Joe who said this. And you want me to believe Kath doesn't know any better.

When a person dies, I would think you would be more protective of them, not less. And if you wouldn't say it if they were alive, why would you say it after they have died?

Edit:
And Kath could steer this interview any way she wanted. She put up no fight for goodness sake. She just gave into Oprah. You're skippy I wanted to hear nothing but good news, or at least nothing but good answers. Especially after we were promised an interview that would set things straight.

Well said! :clap:

Yes. She does. What did you expect to hear exactly? Nothing but positive news?

Yes that is exactly what I expected. He is her beloved son who she unconditionally loves. Do you honestly ever think Michael would have done such a thing to one of his children? NEVER!!!!!!!!

part 3?? =(

lol have you ever uploaded a video on youtube? It doesn't happen in a blink of an eye. Just 10 mins long video may easily take an hour to upload and be ready.

lol have you ever uploaded a video on youtube? It doesn't happen in a blink of an eye. Just 10 mins long video may easily take an hour to upload and be ready.

yea nver done it so wouldnt know =( im just anxious to see it

Did you guys notice how Michael's kids seemed very reserved and distant from Oprah when she interviewed them? They had this sort of an attitude towards her which kind of surprised me.

The other Jackson kids seemed very warm and welcoming almost as if they were trying to kiss up to her, but Michael's children seemed like they didn't even care that they were talking to Oprah Winfrey...which I think is awesome! They each did their own little thing, Prince kind of rolled his eyes a few times at her, Paris seemed very confident and overall had this lioness sort of thing going on, and Blanket...well Blanket wiped his nose before shaking Miss Oprah's hand! Haha! Gotta love these kids! :D

I think they knew beforehand who they were dealing with...I think they know what Oprah's stance was towards their father when he was alive, how she portrayed him as a guilty man and said those things about him...they treated her accordingly. Smart kids.

I totally noticed that lol. I thought that was the best and how they talked about him.

Michael would be so proud to see you all bashing the one person he trasured more then anyone else. She told the truth, I know some can't accept that.

Yes that is exactly what I expected. He is her beloved son who she unconditionally loves. Do you honestly ever think Michael would have done such a thing to one of his children? NEVER!!!!!!!!

Even if it's not the truth?

I'm getting a headache of all this.. good nite.

I was listening to what Teddy Riley had to say about the album on this link http://gyantunplugged.com/exclusive...plus-discusses-the-greedy-people-out-for-mjs/

and around 1 hour 43 min he starts talking about Michael being in terrible pain because of his skin disease and other problems and how he had to take medication for that. and how when he was around friends (and Teddy said Michael loved being around friends) he made an effort and didn't take medications and prefered to suffer through pain. Listen to it, really heartbreaking stuff.

Why the family doesn't speak about these things? I can guess why. They just don't know Michael all that well.

Here's another quote from that Teddy interview that I want to share:

thank u for this .some people will come up with ways to defend that family.
did u post this in album thread?

I will not give Katherine a pass; because she use to make Michael Jackson support Jermanine's and Randy's children
and their ex-wife, and now she is making Michael's children support them.

She, also, thought it was find for Joe Jackson to beat and abuse Michael, and make him at 5 years old perform in strip clubs.

Katherine, also, told several lies during the interview.
For example, it is a matter of court records how many times [/B]
she filed for divorce from Joe Jackson. ( She always changed her mind later)[/B]

I don't think that is the fans business tbh...

I know - it's crazy. :no: I think Michael would be more dissapointed in 'fans' engaged in disemminating the character and intentions of his beloved mother, than he would be about anything his mother ever said or did. She's his mother, she can say what she likes. The one person in the world he loved and trusted, who in his words is 'perfection'. A mother's love is unconditional and eternal, so leave it out, please.

Agreed. I mean she gave birth to him for crying out loud! Sure she's not perfect but still she knew him best.

Btw, I love how the Jacksons calls Katherine "Mother". I found it cute lol.

Even if it's not the truth?

Her child is dead. This is the time to remember all that was wonderful about Michael. There is a time and a place for everything and I think it is dishonoring Michael to talk about drug and plastic surgery addiction. Forget that he donated hundreds of millions of dollars to numerous charities, opened his home to terminally ill children and was sincerely concerned about the environment.
No lets focus on his flaws instead because I know when die I hope that is what they do.

Did you guys notice how Michael's kids seemed very reserved and distant from Oprah when she interviewed them? They had this sort of an attitude towards her which kind of surprised me.

The other Jackson kids seemed very warm and welcoming almost as if they were trying to kiss up to her, but Michael's children seemed like they didn't even care that they were talking to Oprah Winfrey...which I think is awesome! They each did their own little thing, Prince kind of rolled his eyes a few times at her, Paris seemed very confident and overall had this lioness sort of thing going on, and Blanket...well Blanket wiped his nose before shaking Miss Oprah's hand! Haha! Gotta love these kids! :D

I think they knew beforehand who they were dealing with...I think they know what Oprah's stance was towards their father when he was alive, how she portrayed him as a guilty man and said those things about him...they treated her accordingly. Smart kids.

I Totally saw that...I love when blanket wiped the bugger from his nose on Oprah's hand....lol

I wonder if the person who uploaded parts 1 and 2 went to bed or left somewhere before finishing part 3, because it's taking forever to get the last part!

:yawn: I'm about to fall asleep...

Her child is dead. This is the time to remember all that was wonderful about Michael. There is a time and a place for everything and I think it is dishonoring Michael to talk about drug and plastic surgery addiction. Forget that he donated hundreds of millions of dollars to numerous charities, opened his home to terminally ill children and was sincerely concerned about the environment.
No lets focus on his flaws instead because I know when die I hope that is what they do.

The interview was NOT about his achievements. It was about him as a person. She didn't bash him in anyway.

Noticed no such thing. Stop projecting your feelings upon the kids.!!!

I wonder if the person who uploaded parts 1 and 2 went to bed or left somewhere before finishing part 3, because it's taking forever to get the last part!

:yawn: I'm about to fall asleep...

I hope not because I'm waiting at my job for the 3rd part before I go home.. and I'm really hungry, it' almost 8pm here...

Last edited:

Taj:

"I know my grandma is on the same page. Let the world know the real Mj, as only we knew him. The incredible person with a true heart of gold". 3:26 PM Oct 13th via TweetDeck

And the award for joke of the decade goes to...TAJ.

Ha Ha, thank you so much for this. I was really having a bad time. Since October 21, things have been going down hill and now this wonderful mother. I still do not understand how she remained quiet all through the years, and now when she is elderly, begins to talk about her son's life and her ideas about him. unbelievable. I hope the children did not hear what she said about their father. I expect they use the internet at school now and can see a lot of things.

The interview was NOT about his achievements. It was about him as a person. She didn't bash him in anyway.

:doh:

God, there are hope?? I think not.:no:

Back in 1993 when Oprah interviewed Michael and asked him about his brothers, he gave a very diplomatic answer. He did not get into how brothers may have been jealous of his success. Whatever issues he had with them, he could have aired them then and there. But that would not have been fair to them. And really, it was FAMILY business and NOBODY ELSE'S!

I honestly feel that both LMP and Mrs Jackson spoke about stuff that should have remained PRIVATE. Not everything needs to be in the public domain, for people to 'wash their mouths' on Michael. Keep a journal and write all those thoughts in them!

I am heartily sick of people not showing Michael the basic consideration that he showed them.

:doh:

God, there are hope?? I think not.:no:

How so..? Again, if this is about what MJ would think. Don't you believe he would be more upset at his fans for bashing Katherine than at her?

And what some people trend to forget that we have the right to criticize her.

Yes, you do have that right, but it would make Michael very angry if he were alive. TO say you are supporting Michael by criticizing Katherine doesn't make sense to me. He hated when people criticized his mother more than when they criticized him.

just posted a HUGE blog about this. if you want to know my opinion go read that.

Back in 1993 when Oprah interviewed Michael and asked him about his brothers, he gave a very diplomatic answer. He did not get into how brothers may have been jealous of his success. Whatever issues he had with them, he could have aired them then and there. But that would not have been fair to them. And really, it was FAMILY business and NOBODY ELSE'S!

I honestly feel that both LMP and Mrs Jackson spoke about stuff that should have remained PRIVATE. Not everything needs to be in the public domain, for people to 'wash their mouths' on Michael. Keep a journal and write all those thoughts in them!

I am heartily sick of people not showing Michael the basic consideration that he showed them.

Oh my goodness. This is epic!!!! I feel like kissing you!

Back