Update: Behind the Scenes on Jan 28th 8PM ET OWN Channel / Katherine Jackson May Be 'Oprah' Bound

Will you watch the Oprah interview

• Yes

Votes: 87 70.7%
  • No I don't feel right about watching

Votes: 36 29.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Update: Air date Nov. 8 th / Katherine Jackson May Be 'Oprah' Bound

I've watched the first two parts of this interview and can't help but think how heartbroken Michael would be if he saw this. Everything he worked for (namely his privacy) is being torn down.

I'm going to ask again. Not bashing any member of the family, because you can tell the enemy is giving them a really hard time.. which it does. And Oprah is a hypnotizing cobra.

I'm asking: what are the children going to say/think or must have thought when listening to their grandmother say how their father was addicted to plastic surgery and drugs?

The sad part is that they (The Jacksons) are the enemies. One day the fans will see the obvious.

To ASIS: On national television? And while he's dead too?

Haven't the media picked apart his appearance and people teased him for it ever since he was a baby, hence his terribly low self-esteem? Is Michael's pain that he often expressed important? Is his children's life important really? What they must think listening how they call their sweet father a drug and plastic surgery addict..

:angel: Please Part 3...be up soon...cause I have to go to bed. :D

Saw the first two parts. Great interview.

You know some people tend to forget that mothers have the RIGHT to criticize her child. She has the RIGHT to not approve of his raising methods so long as she doesn't intervene. And that's EXACTLY what she did. She has the right to criticize his nose. For the love of god she's his mother!

And what some people trend to forget that we have the right to criticize her.

You know some people tend to forget that mothers have the RIGHT to criticize her child. She has the RIGHT to not approve of his raising methods so long as she doesn't intervene. And that's EXACTLY what she did. She has the right to criticize his nose. For the love of god she's his mother!

That's the most sensible/unbiased thing I've seen on here since.....EVER :clapping:

Hell yeah, exactly! :punk:

..You really think that she has a right to be criticizing his nose in an interview? :doh:

Yes, BUT she should not say these things on TV and... to Oprah :)puke:)!!!! Of course, Michael would not even be a little happy with it.

agree waiting on 3 buts its 1.11 am so i really need some sleep

and i dont think we should critice katherine, she lost her child...

Oh yes she did. She didn't have to do this interview or any other. She choose to do it herself and be subjected to this. And so she is responsible for how she answers.

I'm sorry, I can't be that harsh with Katherine...for God's sake...she's in her late 80s...I'm impressed that she can still hold it together at this stage in her life. IMO, she seems very sane for her age and she does a good job at taking care of the kids.

Yeah but its not like she has dementia or Alzheimer's disease. As far as we know she has full control of her mental functions. Therefore she is able to speak and think for herself. She made the decision to plug her book and do this interview. She is responsible for her answers regardless of her age. I understand that she is old and forgets. We all do - no matter what our age. I really believe she hasn't read the autopsy report - you can see her grief is so great in recalling June 25th. I don't think her intent is malicious - she loves her son. She is familiar with show business and has advisers; I'm sure they could helped her to prep for this interview. Perhaps they did or didn't. Unfortunately it seems like she is just relying on what she's heard and didn't do the best job at articulating everything. The drug and surgery parts made me cringe. The consequences? We see the articles coming out now...'MJ's mom says he was addicted to plastic surgery' 'MJ's mom says he was a long time drug addict in denial.' Sad. :no:

As a mother, she has all the rights in the world when it comes to her children, there's no doubt. What she doesn't have the right to do, though, is to air criticisms on international television about topics that Michael tried desperately to shield himself and his family from all his life. That is traitorous.

Hopes part 3 is on soon... my bus is in 15 minutes and I don't want to wait an hour for the next one.. I'm starving! lol

This is Michael's long time friend David Nordahl's current interview regarding drugs.
"I don't know if people are making things up or if they've been paid to say things, to give interviews." (Mr. Nordahl was offered many paid interviews, which he declined). "(They wanted to do the interview) as long as what I talked about was what they wanted to talk about. So there was a lot of money floating around. Like Star Magazine was traveling around with briefcases full of cash.

I never saw Michael with the effects of doing any kinds of drug or alcohol or anything like that, and I saw him all different times of the day. Early in the morning, late at night, all during the day. He was always totally normal. Totally there. So I don't know.

The last couple of years, if that happened to him, I don't know. There's so much misinformation about Michael, except for anything I know personally, I just don't trust it. People are so willing to, I guess to get on TV. I don't know what it is, but they're just so willing to offer information."
http://www.reflectionsonthedance.com/interviewwithdavidnordahl.html

This may sound stupid but at least she said it was his nose only. People always thought he did his whole face. The only thing I didn't like was when she said he did something for his vitiligo and she didn't know what for his chest and arms. People could take that the wrong way.

Last edited:

As a mother, she has all the rights in the world when it comes to her children, there's no doubt. What she doesn't have the right to do, though, is to air criticisms on international television about topics that Michael tried desperately to shield himself and his family from all his life. That is traitorous.

:clapping:

I don't think she had the right to do it on tv to be seen by millions of people!! you do this kind of thing in private for Gods sake. How would you feel if somebody you loved called you out like that?

..You really think that she has a right to be criticizing his nose in an interview? :doh:

Yes. She does. What did you expect to hear exactly? Nothing but positive news?

i think she is real and great to lose her child take care of michael kids and others be 80 and be this strong in a interview. most like the part when she says she loved him the way looked and though he was beautifull, and going to the plastisch surgyion, strong move, brave.. didnt help though but he she tryed..

ASIS;3059567 said:

Of course she has the right to disagree or criticize. But to do it on national television is completely different. Especially when it reinforces negative stereotypes the media has about Michael. There's a better way for her to respond to those questions. For example when she reiterated the claim that MJ only had nose jobs for pure vanity.

Dr Richard Strick, who was appointed and paid for by the DA (Tom Sneddon) performed the court ordered examination of him in December 1993 and had viewed his medical records

“Michael had a disease vitiligo in which the pigment is lost and attempts had been made to bring that pigment back which had been unsuccessful so he tried to bleach it out so it would be one colour.

Lupus is also an autoimmune disease and he also had skin involvement, which had destroyed part of the skin of his nose and his nasal surgeries and all were really reconstructive, to try and look normal. “

So all these nose reconstructions you’re saying was as a result of him treating his lupus?

“The first one was to try and reconstruct from some scar tissue and obstruction that had happened with the skin there. It didn’t work out very well and all subsequent attempts were to make it right.

I think he was trying to look like a normal guy as best as that he could.”

I will not give Katherine a pass; because she use to make Michael Jackson support Jermanine's and Randy's children
and their ex-wife, and now she is making Michael's children support them.

She, also, thought it was find for Joe Jackson to beat and abuse Michael, and make him at 5 years old perform in strip clubs.

Katherine, also, told several lies during the interview.
For example, it is a matter of court records how many times
she filed for divorce from Joe Jackson. ( She always changed her mind later)

Last edited:

Lets say you have something that has bother you for a long time. Let's say it is your hair. You try to cover it up, but it doesn't work. you confode in your mother who you adore and say, "Mom I am so ugly. I hate my hair." People constantly make fun of you for it and your mother knows this. Do not tell me you would not be upset if your mother went on TV and basically told the world your hair is a mess.

Even if it was true and even if it was her right, does that mean it is ok to do. I just really have a problem with the family saying stuff now that they would dare not say when MJ was alive. Never would this have come out of her mouth.

In an interview, even Joe said he would not talk about MJ's plactic surgery because he knew it would upset MJ. C'mon, this was Joe who said this. And you want me to believe Kath doesn't know any better.

When a person dies, I would think you would be more protective of them, not less. And if you wouldn't say it if they were alive, why would you say it after they have died?

Edit:
And Kath could steer this interview any way she wanted. She put up no fight for goodness sake. She just gave into Oprah. You're skippy I wanted to hear nothing but good news, or at least nothing but good answers. Especially after we were promised an interview that would set things straight.

Yes. She does. What did you expect to hear exactly? Nothing but positive news?

:swoon::swoon::swoon::swoon::swoon::swoon:

Lets say you have something that has bother you for a long time. Let's say it is your hair. You try to cover it up, but it doesn't work. you confode in your mother who you adore and say, "Mom I am so ugly. I hate my hair." People constantly make fun of you for it and your mother knows this. Do not tell me you would not be upset if your mother went on TV and basically told the world your hair is a mess.

Even if it was true and even if it was her right, does that mean it is ok to do. I just really have a problem with the family saying stuff now that they would dare not say when MJ was alive. Never would this have come out of her mouth.

In an interview, even Joe said he would not talk about MJ's plactis surgery because he knew it would upset MJ. C'mon, this was Joe who said this. And you want me to believe Kath doesn't know any better.

Whern a person dies, I would think you would be more protective of them, not less. And if you wouldn't say it if they were alive, why would you say it after they have died?
Amen.

Did you guys notice how Michael's kids seemed very reserved and distant from Oprah when she interviewed them? They had this sort of an attitude towards her which kind of surprised me.

The other Jackson kids seemed very warm and welcoming almost as if they were trying to kiss up to her, but Michael's children seemed like they didn't even care that they were talking to Oprah Winfrey...which I think is awesome! They each did their own little thing, Prince kind of rolled his eyes a few times at her, Paris seemed very confident and overall had this lioness sort of thing going on, and Blanket...well Blanket wiped his nose before shaking Miss Oprah's hand! Haha! Gotta love these kids! :D

I think they knew beforehand who they were dealing with...I think they know what Oprah's stance was towards their father when he was alive, how she portrayed him as a guilty man and said those things about him...they treated her accordingly. Smart kids.

So you're saying some of the fans who get Katherine are blind?

I know - it's crazy. :no: I think Michael would be more dissapointed in 'fans' engaged in disemminating the character and intentions of his beloved mother, than he would be about anything his mother ever said or did. She's his mother, she can say what she likes. The one person in the world he loved and trusted, who in his words is 'perfection'. A mother's love is unconditional and eternal, so leave it out, please.

I will not give Katherine a pass; because she use to make Michael Jackson support Jermanine's and Randy's children
and their ex-wife, and now she is making Michael's children support them.

She, also, thought it was find for Joe Jackson to beat and abuse Michael, and make him at 5 years old performin strip clubs.

Katherine, also, told several lies during the interview.
For example, it is a matter of court records how many times
she filed for divorce from Joe Jackson. ( She always changed her mind later)

:woohoo:

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Back