Vancouver 2010

They seem to enjoy playing MJ in the Olympics :) Yesterday's hockey match they played at least Beat it and Shake your body.

awww...i missed that! I remember back in the day...can't remember what year it was, but Oksana Baiul did her skating routine to ITC...:wub:

I also saw yesterday they played Blame it on the boogie at figure skating :)

oooh really? :punk: i've been missing everything cuz i'm working evening shifts all week..:no:

Yes, it was during the time the athlete was waiting for the results and they were showing the playback!!! :)

I enjoyed the mens figure skating. I thought Johnny Weir would go further though

Radical leftist Fernando Pena:

Winter Olympics Offer Concrete Proof That America Is Still A Racist Country

If anyone thinks the United States had finally shed its vile, racist ways with the election of Barack Obama, think again. One simply needs to watch the 2010 Winter Olympics - it's proof that the United States hasn't progressed - it's still the same racist nation it's always been. White institutionalized racism is more alive than ever, and clearly it permeates the USOC (United States Olympic Committee). For those people-of-color who haven't had time to watch the winter Olympics, the USOC's website has photos of the "Team USA" athletes:

http://www.teamusa.org/athletes/find

See much diversity? Hardly. It seems 95% (or more) of the athletes are white. I thought this nation had moved past Jim Crow laws? Perhaps technically it did, but in practical terms, Jim Crow is alive and well. White privilege once again rears its ugly head and people-of-color are subject to it during two weeks of Winter Olympic games in Vancouver.

What can be done about this? I suggest people of conscience write the USOC and express their outrage regarding the lack of diversity of "Team USA". The USOC mailing address is:

USOC
1 Olympic Plaza
Colorado Springs, CO 80909

The USOC is a publicly funded entity - your tax dollars are funding this racist organization - demand justice!

In looking towards the next Winter Olympics four years from now, mandatory racial quotas must determine the racial/ethnic makeup of "Team USA 2014". Such quotas should reflect the racial breakdown of the United States, percentage-wise. All people of moral character should work towards correcting our de facto Jim Crow society.

http://principles-of-progressive-politics.blogspot.com/

Mens figure skating show down with american EVAN LYSACEK and russian YEVGENY PLUSHENKO was riveting. LYSACEK earned the gold medal, but watching him skate is like watching paint dry. No passion, No charisma.!!!

CANADA you are putting on a fabulous olympics.!!

Last edited:
Winter olympics are a tough sell in the black community. A tough sell almost any where. Most people prefer the SUMMER OLYMPICS. Economics has a lot to do with it. winter sports are expensive. You start at a very young age, the expense and sacrifice are off the charts.

Last edited:
Maria Riesch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THANK YOU!!!!!!!
Such a good race!:clapping: :clapping::jump::dancin::dancin::jump::clap::clap:

A bit sad for Lindsey Vonn though... she is the best female skier for sure!!!
But well as those two are friends I guess they've just shared the Gold medals! lol BTW Lindsey is talking better german than most germans...
thanks girls... really cool running... love the downhill competitions!!!! :D

:wild: We got our first medal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Peetu Piiroinen took silver in men's half pipe I'm so so so happy!!! :clapping: :huggy: (I know I'm a bit late but I only heard this TODAY because was so busy yesterday I didn't hear any news!) And he's already making more money than our prime minister :lol:

Maria Riesch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THANK YOU!!!!!!!
Such a good race!:clapping: :clapping::jump::dancin::dancin::jump::clap::clap:

A bit sad for Lindsey Vonn though... she is the best female skier for sure!!!
But well as those two are friends I guess they've just shared the Gold medals! lol BTW Lindsey is talking better german than most germans...
thanks girls... really cool running... love the downhill competitions!!!! :D

I love the downhill competition too but I really got scared the other day when Anja Pärson fell and flew about 60 meters before she landed.I was happy she was alive and didn´t need to go to hospital.Next day she took a bronzemedal in the combination although her body was aching.

Winter olympics are a tough sell in the black community. A tough sell almost any where. Most people prefer the SUMMER OLYMPICS. Economics has a lot to do with it. winter sports are expensive. You start at a very young age, the expense and sacrifice are off the charts.
I love winterolympics more, it might have something to do with that we usually take more medals then and icehockey of course.

:wild: We got our first medal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Peetu Piiroinen took silver in men's half pipe I'm so so so happy!!! :clapping: :huggy: (I know I'm a bit late but I only heard this TODAY because was so busy yesterday I didn't hear any news!) And he's already making more money than our prime minister :lol:

Congratulations.I haven´t seen half pipe, maybe they show it in the nights.

Hmm after Canada's hard night against Switzerland it's suddenly so quiet.. :D I think it's great that the little countries can give at least a little opponent to the great hockey countries. And Slovakia even won Russia :bugeyed That was a surprise.

Congratulations.I haven´t seen half pipe, maybe they show it in the nights.
Thank you :)

I enjoyed the mens figure skating. I thought Johnny Weir would go further though

I agree, I thought Johnny deserved a better score. I know Johnny runs his mouth a lot, but I do love him. :)

Congrats to Evan Lysacek on his win!

And how cute is Daisuke Takahashi of Japan, who won the bronze medal? He was so happy and gracious during the medal ceremony.

Also, Nobunari Oda of Japan, whose lace broke on one of his skates during his performance. :( My heart broke for him, but he went on with such poise and confidence. I just wanted to give him a big hug. :hug:

^ Hey is that in your siggy the Apollo dude who everyone is so crazy about? :p He looks just like one boy in my school.

^ Hey is that in your siggy the Apollo dude who everyone is so crazy about? :p He looks just like one boy in my school.

mjjchunt.jpg

Yes, that's Apolo Ohno. :) The other guy is J.R. Celski, who's also in Short Track. This is J.R.'s first Olympics.

And lucky you that you go to school with someone who looks like Apolo! I'm jealous! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
They seem to enjoy playing MJ in the Olympics :) Yesterday's hockey match they played at least Beat it and Shake your body.

I only heard was "Beat It", that was the Women's Hockey game, I've seen it and I was nervous during last nights game, Switzerland kicked our asses in Turin 06', well not this time thank god for Crosby saving our Canadian butts at the shootout.

Congrats to FINLAND!! :punk::punk::punk:

And Canada has won our third gold medal!!! Women's 1000m speed skating!! Christine Nesbitt! :punk:

I only heard was "Beat It", that was the Women's Hockey game, I've seen it and I was nervous during last nights game, Switzerland kicked our asses in Turin 06', well not this time thank god for Crosby saving our Canadian butts at the shootout.

That was a great game! :D

I saw a voting in a swedish newspaper, have you forgiven tre kronor(swedens men hockeyteam )for losing to Belarus 1992 in the olympics.there are only about 4000 votes yet but 49% said no.
Tre kronor won goldmedals last olympics, what more can they do?
We are meeting Belarus this evening and I hope we´ll beat them this time.
I hope that especially Peter Forsberg does a great match because they are arguing in the papers if he really should be in the team , is he good enough nowadays, healthy etc.

I agree, I thought Johnny deserved a better score. I know Johnny runs his mouth a lot, but I do love him. :)

Congrats to Evan Lysacek on his win!

And how cute is Daisuke Takahashi of Japan, who won the bronze medal? He was so happy and gracious during the medal ceremony.

Also, Nobunari Oda of Japan, whose lace broke on one of his skates during his performance. :( My heart broke for him, but he went on with such poise and confidence. I just wanted to give him a big hug. :hug:

Took all of the words out of my mouth

I love how Johnny handled it though

Oh man, Apolo makes my heart melt....I would gladly have his child:yes:

I feel bad for him though, you should see all of the mean things people are saying about him because they are still bitter about Salt Lake City....something that wasnt even his fault.

I saw a voting in a swedish newspaper, have you forgiven tre kronor(swedens men hockeyteam )for losing to Belarus 1992 in the olympics.there are only about 4000 votes yet but 49% said no.
Tre kronor won goldmedals last olympics, what more can they do?
We are meeting Belarus this evening and I hope we´ll beat them this time.
I hope that especially Peter Forsberg does a great match because they are arguing in the papers if he really should be in the team , is he good enough nowadays, healthy etc.

I'm so looking forward for the game between Sweden and Finland! It will be exciting! I have to wake up at 7am though :yawn:
Finland just won Germany and Teemu Selänne is now officially holding the record of most points in the Olympics! (of active players) :clapping:

Took all of the words out of my mouth

I love how Johnny handled it though

Oh man, Apolo makes my heart melt....I would gladly have his child:yes:

I feel bad for him though, you should see all of the mean things people are saying about him because they are still bitter about Salt Lake City....something that wasnt even his fault.
LOL :lol: I hadn't even heard about him before this thread :blush: But since he has so many fans I'm sure he's a great athlete.

Back