What Field are you in? (studies, career, etc)

Physical Ed and Outdoor Ed Teacher for Highschool ^_^ I work in a prominent school which is really rewarding

also an amature golfer but not pursuing it this year.

J'aime la langue francaise! =) J'apprends francais depuis deux ans, mais je ne parle pas couramment.

Cool! Je ne le parle pas couramment non plus, mais nous pouvons le pratiquer!

I love this thread. :)
I'm a student majoring in Actuarial Science and I love it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Actuarial_science

I'll be graduating soon and I can't wait to start working. :)

WOW. I had to look that up. Sounds like you probably took courses similar to what I'm taking (finance, stats, economics). I have to admit, I hate that stuff (not good coming from a business student) ... Good luck with life after grad!

erm, Well I have just finished my degree in Film & Media studies (which is made more interesting when your an MJ fan, lol), erm I currently work in a cinema but that is just making ends meet right now. I also do some small scale MJ dance performances (which I would like to take further, but not make a career out of).

Oh, and I'm an actor. Thats about it, lol.

My degree is Computer Systems Engineering.
I work as a Software Developer

oo I love to do it all!!

Right now I am working in Retail.. its pretty stressful so Im hoping for change soon!
I have a degree in womens studies and global studies. I am studying radiology and would like to be able to take x-rays.

My main passion however is music. I am a performer. My youtube has over 600 subscribers :) I dont get paid to do this but it seems to make a lot of people happy. It makes me happy most of all :) Music is where my heart has always been

hmm I'm a student of... let's put it this way: combine farming with engineering and ecological sources of energy, and boom you have it, I'm learnig this, I guess :D
But to be honest I would like to open some kind of leisure center in Hollywood, and I want to be beautician and do face massages, make ups, masks and all that stuff(I'm kind of doing it almost every day while school year, my roomates love to relax and exploit the fact that I'm kind-hearted :D:D).
Aaaaand my super-secret-ultra-mega-wish is to make comics, oh lord how much time I spend on drewing and creating stories. Actually I've got ideas for 3 comics. I could totally do that if I had more spare time.
Recently I'm also in drawing designs of maschines in AutoCad, from tomorrow I must start learning to do 3D projects. It's really interesting and maybe if I get really go at it I will do a certificate and do some projects for big money and still be studying and will raise those money to go to private cometology school(idk if this i how it's named in english) and do course, and go to hollywood and help those beautiful people to become more beautiful and ... I could go on like this for hours, really imagination is strong with me :D

Wow...so many different interests...

Impressive..!

Aside from working on my Law Degree...I have a management license in Cosmotology (hair sylist, makeup, etc.) from the State of Ohio since 1980.

Specialized as a color tech...owned a salon etc., but for me...I got kinda bored...Currently,I mostly help out friends, family, and guide up and coming students whenever possible.

If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask....I will be more than willing to help out with any questions...if I can.

:angel:Keep Helping to Heal The World...Education Is The Key~~~

ive just done my gcse's (yr 11 at UK school)
i did all the main subjects you have to do, and then my 3 chosen subjects were Business Studies, Music and Geography, i have no idea what my results will be like :S
but for coursework i have an A* in geog, A in Business and then A* music performing - but im sure i screwed up the test lol (oh and im not a straight A student, i just scored high because i worked my a$$ off for the coursework stuff)

for sixth form (yr 12- 13 at UK school) which i start in sept, I am doing English Literature, Geography, Law and Psychology.

I have absolutly no idea what I want to do in life career wise, any suggestions :p ?

Last edited:
I've just finished a Media & Theatrical Make-up course at College which i HATED! but i start at a new College in September where i'll be studying Photography :) .

Newborn hearing screener. :wub:

http://hearing.screening.nhs.uk/

I remember having a convo on MJNO with you about this. I was at Uni at the time studying Journalism and I didn't want to do it as a career. Funny I should see this today but I have an interview tomorrow working in care with elderly people. Thanks for the advice, I have carried it with me until now! And hopefully it will come into fruition now. :)

hmm I'm a student of... let's put it this way: combine farming with engineering and ecological sources of energy, and boom you have it, I'm learnig this, I guess :D
But to be honest I would like to open some kind of leisure center in Hollywood, and I want to be beautician and do face massages, make ups, masks and all that stuff(I'm kind of doing it almost every day while school year, my roomates love to relax and exploit the fact that I'm kind-hearted :D:D).
Aaaaand my super-secret-ultra-mega-wish is to make comics, oh lord how much time I spend on drewing and creating stories. Actually I've got ideas for 3 comics. I could totally do that if I had more spare time.
Recently I'm also in drawing designs of maschines in AutoCad, from tomorrow I must start learning to do 3D projects. It's really interesting and maybe if I get really go at it I will do a certificate and do some projects for big money and still be studying and will raise those money to go to private cometology school(idk if this i how it's named in english) and do course, and go to hollywood and help those beautiful people to become more beautiful and ... I could go on like this for hours, really imagination is strong with me :D

Woww, I can totally relate... there are so many things to do. On a daily basis, I come up with different stuff that I want to accomplish :doh:
Oh a note related to AutoCAD, I did an internship at Autodesk for four months last year. Never heard of the program until I applied for the position, but it's great for design apparently!!

Legal admin. Post work and general office admin and damn happy with the area :)

It's so awesome to see how MJ has a fanbase in a variety of fields...
We're all so different and doing different things but one person brought us together :)

In 2006 i graduated for Desktop Publisher. After years i finally found what i wanted and i enjoyed it but then the search for work started and i had many interviews but they all didn't take me due the lack of experience. They all want a 19 year old with atleast 3 years experience. How is that possible? After a few months i got so tired that i started to look for other jobs aswell and now i'm an administration clerk. I don't plan do do this all my life though allthough i don't think i ever find a job in the graphical world unless i have connections who can get me in..

Now that College is finished till August I'm currently working as a Session Musician for a Recording studio in Glasgow its no biggy but its still money comming in :p

I'm in legal admin (reception) for a migration advocates office based in the city, we have over 400 clients...from Hungarians, to Spanish, German, Cantonese...most of the people I work with were migrants. I'm like one of the only Aussies there! I don't know for sure until Monday (my first day there)

In 2006 i graduated for Desktop Publisher. After years i finally found what i wanted and i enjoyed it but then the search for work started and i had many interviews but they all didn't take me due the lack of experience. They all want a 19 year old with atleast 3 years experience. How is that possible? After a few months i got so tired that i started to look for other jobs aswell and now i'm an administration clerk. I don't plan do do this all my life though allthough i don't think i ever find a job in the graphical world unless i have connections who can get me in..

Hey don't give up! Get out there and network, network, network. There is bound to be someone you know who knows somebody who knows somebody that you can pass your resume along to... I would suggest maybe creating an online portfolio of all your work, make some business cards, and pass them to whomever you meet! Good luck! :)

I work in an office, but my wedding planning business is my soon-to-be side hustle.

I just finished my Medical Assisting externship and now I'm trying to figure out where I wanna go. I was really discouraged after my externship since it felt like I was the only one who actually cared about the patients and actually tried to make them feel like I cared instead of doing what the others were doing which was basically just getting the answers they needed as soon as they could and at times not even letting the patients talk. With the economy the way it is it's twice as hard since everyone is just trying to get your job or get you fired so they can get more money. What has this world come to:(

hey :D I write for new beauty magazine and am working on my first novel. I've always loved to write and weave stories (oooh, mj and i have that in common! his through songs, mine through books) I graduated a couple years ago from the U of Miami

I've just finished the first year of college. I had exams in May and I'm waiting for the results now, they come out in August. I study Law, Psychology & English Literature. I'll be going back in September to do my second year.

I work for O2 iin the UK (mobile phone company) in process improvement....I've worked there for 5 years....although I trained in film & tv production at college & Uni.

I am responsibile for the running one of the Oracle modules for all affiliates in Australia and New Zealand for a big big US company...My responsibilities range from accounting to processing to database management. I am co-ordinating virtual teams in Australia , India and in the UK

I have worked in Europe, Asia and the UK before joining the ANZ HQ in Sydney :)

I am responsibile for the running one of the Oracle modules for all affiliates in Australia and New Zealand for a big big US company...My responsibilities range from accounting to processing to database management. I am co-ordinating virtual teams in Australia , India and in the UK

Kind of my dream job!!!! Congratulations!! I started to plan the changes in my life and then something got in the way, several times, and it's enough!! I want that and I'll get it! :D

Wowww that's pretty cool! I'd definitely love to work in different countries after I graduate... out of curiousity, how did you find that workplace environments varied from country to country?

I did my BA in Spanish and Psychology, and since then I've taught English as a Foreign Language in Spain, Costa Rica and Portugal. I'm moving to the US in a few weeks to start my graduate studies in Linguistics - I can't wait!

Back