Where have you heard Michael...?

Driver

Proud Member
I got peckish about 1AM and saw an advert for Tesco (Two tubs of Ben & Jerries for £3.00) So off I drove, I was listening to Escape in the car and MJ talks about wherever he goes he sees his face etc... Well when I walked into Tesco they were playing Ben! Just wanted to share that with you lot, they also had TII on the shelves etc... its so true. I see/hear about MJ at a lot of the places I go.

So where else have you heard MJ being played? Petrol Stations, airports, restaurants/shops? I'm sure a lot of you get as excited as I do when you hear an MJ song being played while out and about.

No, to be honoust.
I don,t like it to be confronted with his music all day long.
Sometimes i want to relax and not hear or see him.
It breaks my heart every time.
yesterday i was doing my grocery shopping and heard michael.
There i was, in the middle of a shop crying....
So no, sometimes i prefer not to hear his songs...
it,s too painfull.

I don't hear him too much when I go out and about to be honest. :( But about a month or two ago I heard Dancing Machine playing in the bookstore. It made me happy. :)

Just today I was browsing in a Manhattan Salvation Army thrift shop and they were playing MJ hits (solo and J5) one after another. It made me forget the musty smell of the old clothes for a while, heh.

Last week, after watching TII, my friend and me went to a restaurant then Billie Jean began to play. Our hearts jumped! That was too good, you know, just after the movie, great! After awhile I jumped again.... P.Y.T.!!!!! That is PYT!! My friend didn't believe at first, but it was. We looked at the DJ and we thanked. He invited us to sit at the door by his side and ask... So... are you Michael Jackson's fans?

YES, WE ARE!!!

And he played Thriller album in a row! Then he let us saw his vinyl of Thriller (an original!!) and we talked for a while. That was a perfect MJ evening :)

I hear him a lot nowadays...

And it's weird no matter how many times I've heard his songs, my heart still skips when I hear him in the radio.. :D I'm lame...

For the past few months, I've heard him in clothing stores, grocery stores, Chapters and restaurants... It makes me so happy... :)

So many places I have heard his song on the radio.

Same here :D

Here in Sweden you can now hear him on radio everywhere. Sometimes it upsets me because they would never play his music before even if you asked them to. Suddenly he is everywhere and you can see people who would not even mention his name 6 months ago say oooooooohhhh Its Michel like they have missed him. Probably they understood to late who he really was. At least it’s better late than never.

It's a love/hate thing. I'm always happy to find his music being played places, but it upsets me and I don't like to listen to it. It throws me off guard. I feel like it's such an emotional thing right now that I have to be ready to listen and it has to be my decision and it has to be in the privacy of my room. Otherwise, it's just too arresting - I can't concentrate on whatever I happen to be doing and my emotions get the best of me. I miss him most when I'm out and about in "the real world", away from MJJC. These days, I have to be prepared to encounter Michael. =/

Last edited:
...Neat thread, though. I'll post when I run into him. - There's a music/video/electronics store in the Times Square subway station and the monitors outside play MJ videos 24/7. For the past few months it's been History tour and Earth Song video, but last night, when I walked by, one of the screens was playing Childhood (of all things!) - I pass by it twice a day, every day, and yet, still... 8 times out of 10 I'll stop and watch for a second. There's usually a crowd around the screen and that, more than anything, makes me immensely happy. =)

For the sake of being a little alternative, the least normal place that I've heard Michael's music being played was when I was skiing a couple of years ago. I was at the highest peak of the resort, and it was a whiteout - you couldn't see a thing! Even if you put your hand out in front of you it would have been a hazy blur. As I took of my headband ready to change my sunglasses for snow goggles I could hear Michael's voice. I remember saying to my mum 'either i've died and gone to heaven, or someone's playing Michael Jackson here!' :cry: As we skiied down my dad stopped just above a restaurant that was playing MJ, started boogying on his skis and yelling AOWW! :p it was brilliant to be so far up in the Alps and to still be able to hear Michael Jackson!

It was this past Saturday night I heard the Jackson 5 Christmas song Up On The House Top at the craft store Michael's. That day I was not in the mood to hear Christmas music. Because it is just a horrible reminder of what time of year it is. But when they play that Jackson 5 Christmas song. It made me smile because I have always love the Jackson 5 Christmas songs. Especially Up On The House Top. Where I laugh every single time I hear that song. Usually I just hear Michael either on my laptop, cd player. or walkman. Where I am always listening to him a few times or so a day every single day. Whenever I am at home or when I go out. I am listening to him now on my laptop.

I've heard Michael's songs a couple of times when I was on the bus. It was so nice of bus drivers to play his music. Passengers looked pensive while listening to it.

i haven't heard his music many places. i've heard billie jean at a restaurant/bar i go to often, but only that song. and they play i'll be there alot on the radio, which always catches me off guard and distracts me at work because i *always* get emotional hearing it. oh and i guess j5 xmas tunes are on quite a bit now too, again catching me off guard :lol: my heart skips a beat and i do a double take every time too :wub:

you know this happens to me all the time,i go into a shop and when i walk in they are playing michael jackson,or i go into a restaurant the same thing happens,and it,s not just after june,it was before then ,i get so excited when i here him,it,s like they musta known i was coming,

This morning at our major subway station!!!
:O

I was just rushing to take the train and then I saw the huuuugee screen they have on this big station.... and there he was. All flawless, happy and shinny, singing "Rock with you". It was rush hour, I was already late for work, and I was so suprised that I stomped on other 2 people while walking like a zombie to his sight.

Great to start the day!

This morning at our major subway station!!!
:O

I was just rushing to take the train and then I saw the huuuugee screen they have on this big station.... and there he was. All flawless, happy and shinny, singing "Rock with you". It was rush hour, I was already late for work, and I was so suprised that I stomped on other 2 people while walking like a zombie to his sight.

Great to start the day!

:lol: brilliant! If I'd have seen that I would probably have squealed without thinking! :wild:

I hear him a lot nowadays...

And it's weird no matter how many times I've heard his songs, my heart still skips when I hear him in the radio.. :D I'm lame...

For the past few months, I've heard him in clothing stores, grocery stores, Chapters and restaurants... It makes me so happy... :)
LOL I guess I'm lame then, too :lol:

There's this one radio station that plays (has always played) MJ music regularly but otherwise I don't actually see much difference on what it used to be before June. Except this summer when they played a lot his music..

I do sometimes. The other day I was on the bus to uni and this guy had Billie Jean as a ringtone!! I was so happy!! :D

I was siting in Geography the other day, and was feeling rather sad, because someone who is ment to be my friend said something really horrible about Mike to me. Then Rock with you started playing, it was on a Geography video we were watching. It had nothing to do with the video or of course Geography. It made me feel happy because i felt it was there just for me!

I have had that happen to me a lot. When I think of him out of the blue a song comes on the radio. The radio doesn't play him much where I live either. I have gone to stores and hear his music all of a sudden. One time it was Billie Jean and I froze for a second. I am happy but then I feel sad at the same time.

I do sometimes. The other day I was on the bus to uni and this guy had Billie Jean as a ringtone!! I was so happy!! :D
Oh yeah that reminds me, few days a go one lady had Thriller as her ringtone! I was in the bus and her phone started "'cause this is thrilleeer thilleerr night" I was like "whoaaa! :wild:" But she sat behind me so I couldn't turn and smile, hehe.

I have Billie Jean as my ring tone, hopefully that will catch other fans' attention, too, when it rings, though no one ever calls me lol.

PCR said:
Last week, after watching TII, my friend and me went to a restaurant then Billie Jean began to play. Our hearts jumped! That was too good, you know, just after the movie, great! After awhile I jumped again.... P.Y.T.!!!!! That is PYT!! My friend didn't believe at first, but it was. We looked at the DJ and we thanked. He invited us to sit at the door by his side and ask... So... are you Michael Jackson's fans?

YES, WE ARE!!!

And he played Thriller album in a row! Then he let us saw his vinyl of Thriller (an original!!) and we talked for a while. That was a perfect MJ evening :)
Aww that was nice :)

Aw, I would love to hear his music wherever I go.
It doesn't make me sad. Of course I am devastated about the fact that he's gone, but his music could never not bring a smile to my face.

I don't hear his music too often, unless it's me who's playing it.
But whenever I do, I get so excited!

They played "Bad" in my college's student center a few weeks ago and I just loved seeing all these people I have nothing much in common with singing along and talking about the short film. :)

I do hear Michael's songs alot more now...its funny because I will out shopping with my daughter..(who loves to shop) and I will hear one of Michael's songs and jsut start singing along out of habit and then all of a sudden my daughter and I will look at each other and say .."Oh Michael"....and then we will smile and keep on singing and shopping......oh yeah she has also become a MJ fan..she is 15...its a beautiful thing when you can share your love for Michael with your child...:yes:

I could probably count all the times I've heard him somewhere on both hands.

Sometimes they would play him at a restaurant I go to.

I was in Victoria Street a few weeks ago and my friend and I were walking around to find somewhere to eat. Billie Jean started playing in this restaurant and as soon as I walked by it I knew we had to eat there. Also when I was filling up my car the other day Ben was playing in the petrol station.

Back