Where have you heard Michael...?

Last week, after watching TII, my friend and me went to a restaurant then Billie Jean began to play. Our hearts jumped! That was too good, you know, just after the movie, great! After awhile I jumped again.... P.Y.T.!!!!! That is PYT!! My friend didn't believe at first, but it was. We looked at the DJ and we thanked. He invited us to sit at the door by his side and ask... So... are you Michael Jackson's fans?

YES, WE ARE!!!

And he played Thriller album in a row! Then he let us saw his vinyl of Thriller (an original!!) and we talked for a while. That was a perfect MJ evening :)

That's a really sweet story :D

I love hearing MJ music about it used to play alot around his passing but has faded out a little but still great to hear it in shops and at restraunts

and you say Two tubs of Ben & Jerries for £3.00 at tesco must go down lol

Yesterday morning, as I was in my room getting dressed, I heard the people in the apt above me playing TWYMMF and it made me smile. Then, I was walking downstairs and out the door and another person on the 1st floor was playing 'I'll Be There'. It was very very nice to hear two different people blaring MJ before 9am! :D (This kinda' stuff happens a lot. Prospect Park, Brooklyn

...Neat thread, though. I'll post when I run into him. - There's a music/video/electronics store in the Times Square subway station and the monitors outside play MJ videos 24/7. For the past few months it's been History tour and Earth Song video, but last night, when I walked by, one of the screens was playing Childhood (of all things!) - I pass by it twice a day, every day, and yet, still... 8 times out of 10 I'll stop and watch for a second. There's usually a crowd around the screen and that, more than anything, makes me immensely happy. =)

That screen sounds really cool, can you get a pic of it?

My work plays MJ all the time! Not like I have any control over the music in the restaurant or anything :innocent:

i was at the 99 cent store at 9 PM at night and Human Nature came one it made my night i was singing along and i dint care if people were locing at me its one of my fave song

It seems like everytime I go to Old Navy, I always hear Michael. The past few times that I've been there, a Michael song comes on. Someone at that Old Navy must be an MJ fan!! :D

my local tesco always has mj playing on their tv's and music every time i go there. And i was in a local restaurant the other day, was sat near the kitchen where thriller came on and the cooks were all singing loudly and shouting 'hee hee' i secretly hoped they were doing the dance aswell :)

my local tesco always has mj playing on their tv's and music every time i go there. And i was in a local restaurant the other day, was sat near the kitchen where thriller came on and the cooks were all singing loudly and shouting 'hee hee' i secretly hoped they were doing the dance aswell :)

LOL, that's great! I love to hear stuff like that!! So sweet! :D

now i listen him in a lot of places, the ultimate for now 30 minutes ago in a supermarket of Spain!...man in the mirror.

It's a love/hate thing. I'm always happy to find his music being played places, but it upsets me and I don't like to listen to it. It throws me off guard. I feel like it's such an emotional thing right now that I have to be ready to listen and it has to be my decision and it has to be in the privacy of my room. Otherwise, it's just too arresting - I can't concentrate on whatever I happen to be doing and my emotions get the best of me. I miss him most when I'm out and about in "the real world", away from MJJC. These days, I have to be prepared to encounter Michael. =/

Agree. It was horrible to go into HMV on 22nd July (the night which was supposed to be when I was seeing him) and be confronted by everything Michael everywhere I looked - calendars, posters, books, CDs, DVDs, t-shirts, videos playing, music playing. It was so overwhelming, it wasn't a nice feeling I just wanted to get out of there.

Recently though, I was looking round in Debenhams (department store) and heard something familiar coming from one section of the store, I walked over and it was Man In The Mirror. I browsed their for a while even though the only good thing in that section was the song that was playing!

I was parking my car today and just about to take the key out of the ignition when i heard this beautiful ochestra music then i realized it was This is it! Its the first time ive heard it on the radio. That really brightened my day:)

about two weeks ago I was at Disney World in Flordia and in tommorow land they were playing Wanna be startin something. It felt good being in the place Michael loved and hearing his music, I thought about him the entire time I was there.

Well,This experience I'm going to share wasn't that someone else was playing Michael Jackson's music,but I was. I had gotten out of the cinema after seeing 'TII' for the third time back in October. I had went alone that time on a weekday afternoon,so it was almost evening when the movie was over. I had made it outside and into the marquee garden. It was a weekday so there wasn't many people outside as usual,atleast that's what I told myself was the reason behind the quietness of the late October day. Afterall,I had just came out from hearing the King himself on the big screen. I walked on and out to the end of the court yard to wait on my ride,because I didn't feel up to driving that day..I still had a bit of soda and popcorn with me so I sat on a bench and waited for my ride..I decided to play some MJ music while waiting, I got my phone out and found my Michael Jackson playlist and clicked play..Off The Wall started. The song was maybe 1 and a half minutes through as I heard a mans voice coming from the side walk behind me.. "Somebody's playing some Michael Jackson" The male voice said. I couldn't see the person(s) yet. I still sat waiting on my ride,listening to the song. I then heard a Lady's voice. "Yes,That's some Michael Jackson,right here,somewhere,I hear it too." The female voice said cheerfully. I turned when I heard that as well as the sound of wheels rolling from a skateboard. "It's Off The Wall,Dad!" said this new voice. I looked up and here was a young couple and their little son. The couple looked to be in their late 30's /early 40's and their son no older than 12. All our eyes met and we agreed Michael Jackson was everything special. We agreed through our eyes meeting and our smiles, all those thousands of things great of Michael were indeed, completely true. As I watched them keep walking toward the crosswalk,the little boy slagged behind a bit and stopped his skateboard. He picked it up in his hand and gave me the warmest and purest smile I've ever felt in a long time. I nodded and smiled broadly back at him...and that was that. We Knew. We knew everything good of Michael had just crossed into our hearts and spoke with out a sound... without no sound,but Michael's music that flowed out of my red cell phone into the air for all of those hearts that were open to hear.

:wub:

I'll just never forget that. Sometimes it's the smallest things that touch you so deeply. Anyways I thought that I'd share that with you guys.
:)

Last edited:
The best time was this October 28, it was an afternoon and I had a ticket to This is it. I was sitting in a dentist`s chair and then the radio in a background started playing song This is it. All my worries about dentist disappeared and I was so happy to know I will soon see the movie:>

I was finished taking an exam at night. Walked down the hallway that plays the radio all over school. This is it was playing. I couldn't believe it. It was so magical because there was a couple walking and then the part that says "just take my hand" comes on and they took each other's hand and smiled. It was so beautiful.I was freaking out inside.

MJ's song on the school radio?! Amazin' =)

I was finished taking an exam at night. Walked down the hallway that plays the radio all over school. This is it was playing. I couldn't believe it. It was so magical because there was a couple walking and then the part that says "just take my hand" comes on and they took each other's hand and smiled. It was so beautiful.I was freaking out inside.

This made me smile:wub:

No, to be honoust.
I don,t like it to be confronted with his music all day long.
Sometimes i want to relax and not hear or see him.
It breaks my heart every time.
yesterday i was doing my grocery shopping and heard michael.
There i was, in the middle of a shop crying....
So no, sometimes i prefer not to hear his songs...
it,s too painfull.

unfortunately,same here. I wish that I never had to experience the pain of hearing him ... but I do very often. And I can't stand it...

Well,This experience I'm going to share wasn't that someone else was playing Michael Jackson's music,but I was. I had gotten out of the cinema after seeing 'TII' for the third time back in October. I had went alone that time on a weekday afternoon,so it was almost evening when the movie was over. I had made it outside and into the marquee garden. It was a weekday so there wasn't many people outside as usual,atleast that's what I told myself was the reason behind the quietness of the late October day. Afterall,I had just came out from hearing the King himself on the big screen. I walked on and out to the end of the court yard to wait on my ride,because I didn't feel up to driving that day..I still had a bit of soda and popcorn with me so I sat on a bench and waited for my ride..I decided to play some MJ music while waiting, I got my phone out and found my Michael Jackson playlist and clicked play..Off The Wall started. The song was maybe 1 and a half minutes through as I heard a mans voice coming from the side walk behind me.. "Somebody's playing some Michael Jackson" The male voice said. I couldn't see the person(s) yet. I still sat waiting on my ride,listening to the song. I then heard a Lady's voice. "Yes,That's some Michael Jackson,right here,somewhere,I hear it too." The female voice said cheerfully. I turned when I heard that as well as the sound of wheels rolling from a skateboard. "It's Off The Wall,Dad!" said this new voice. I looked up and here was a young couple and their little son. The couple looked to be in their late 30's /early 40's and their son no older than 12. All our eyes met and we agreed Michael Jackson was everything special. We agreed through our eyes meeting and our smiles, all those thousands of things great of Michael were indeed, completely true. As I watched them keep walking toward the crosswalk,the little boy slagged behind a bit and stopped his skateboard. He picked it up in his hand and gave me the warmest and purest smile I've ever felt in a long time. I nodded and smiled broadly back at him...and that was that. We Knew. We knew everything good of Michael had just crossed into our hearts and spoke with out a sound... without no sound,but Michael's music that flowed out of my red cell phone into the air for all of those hearts that were open to hear.

I'll just never forget that. Sometimes it's the smallest things that touch you so deeply. Anyways I thought that I'd share that with you guys.

I am shivering with joy as I read this. Kinda contradictory to my previous post but I can understand you completely. Even though it hurts sometimes to hear it alone, Michael connects people. People will always react when they see you dancing like him, wearing clothes like his , listening to his music... they always react. ALWAYS.

And do I have to explain how I felt when I saw 2 little girls not older than 7 coming to the premiere of This Is It and actually singing This Is It,the song, with full lyrics? I was delighted. Made me happy because generations to come will still keep Michael alive. Makes you want to cry the tears of joy...

...thank you for this post... :wub:

I am shivering with joy as I read this. Kinda contradictory to my previous post but I can understand you completely. Even though it hurts sometimes to hear it alone, Michael connects people. People will always react when they see you dancing like him, wearing clothes like his , listening to his music... they always react. ALWAYS.

And do I have to explain how I felt when I saw 2 little girls not older than 7 coming to the premiere of This Is It and actually singing This Is It,the song, with full lyrics? I was delighted. Made me happy because generations to come will still keep Michael alive. Makes you want to cry the tears of joy...

...thank you for this post... :wub:

Hello. Yes,It wasn't exactly on topic but I just wanted to share it so much. it was just like you say about the two 7 yr. old girls. Michael does connect people. and I truely believe in it's magic. It does make you want to cry tears of joy. :wub:
and Thank You for 'getting' what happened that October evening. :huggy:

Two songs from the J5 Christmas album have been playing on our radio all day at work and it is unusual because they don't normaly play Michaels' music at all. Also I was walking through the Mall last week and a little dress shop in the corner away from all other shops was playing Billie Jean so I went in a had a look around while it was playing it was great to hear it.

Julia

:wub: Lovely

This week I was working out at the gym and it was close to closing time (22:00).
I was the last one in there and I think the instructors thought the place was empty 'cause suddenly the music went very, VERY loud with the Billie Jean bass kicking in.

Absolutely beautiful. I saw a comment that someone had left on some random article somewhere a couple months ago and the person said "I really,truly do believe, in my heart, that there are more people who love Michael than don't." When things happen, like your experience, I alway think of that. =) Thank you so much for sharing.

Also, My dad came to see me for the first time in my new apartment (in Brooklyn) and when we were on the train, as we passed by Hoyt (the station where Bad was filmed), I excitedly pointed it out to him. Then, like 30 minutes later, we were in a coffee shop and they stared playing Bad! :wild: It was crazy/weird/awesome. =)

I do hear Michael's songs alot more now...its funny because I will out shopping with my daughter..(who loves to shop) and I will hear one of Michael's songs and jsut start singing along out of habit and then all of a sudden my daughter and I will look at each other and say .."Oh Michael"....and then we will smile and keep on singing and shopping......oh yeah she has also become a MJ fan..she is 15...its a beautiful thing when you can share your love for Michael with your child...:yes:

Awhhh.. That's lovely. Thanks for sharing. :)

Back