Which non-song & dance acts has MJ influenced/inspired?

Chaos

Proud Member
I made this thread mainly because I'm sick of reading how MJ has influenced the likes of brown and neyo and what ever lol

well he has inspired Terrel Owens, nfl football player for the Dallas Cowboys...Chris Tucker.....Corey Feldman..

i'm not sure, who else, right now..if i think of some i'll write more..

btw: when I say song and dance acts I mean people like usher and so on, you can talk about singers and dancers and stuff

People like Savion Glover and Jill Scott have been influenced, just on the vocal and dance side, but individually in their respective fields. Wade Robinson, obviously.

There's a song writer out called "The Dream", and I know he's talked about Michael influencing him as a song writer. I think a great porition of the industry of songwriters and vocalists are influenced by Michael, whether they're aware of it or not.

People like Savion Glover and Jill Scott have been influenced, just on the vocal and dance side, but individually in their respective fields. Wade Robinson, obviously.

There's a song writer out called "The Dream", and I know he's talked about Michael influencing him as a song writer. I think a great porition of the industry of songwriters and vocalists are influenced by Michael, whether they're aware of it or not.
MJ's influence is very rich in rock music. You just have to watch a variety of rock bands to see that they nearly always have an MJ song as cover, from BI, DD, Give in ti me, B/W, the list goes on. There fans go wild when they play and MJ song.:D MJ is truly the king of rock,

Freddie Mercury :) Freddie often referd MJ as She LMAO not in a negative way in a jokey sorta manner

Last edited:
MJ's influence is very rich in rock music. You just have to watch a variety of rock bands to see that they nearly always have an MJ song as cover, from BI, DD, Give in ti me, B/W, the list goes on. There fans go wild when they play and MJ song.:D MJ is truly the king of rock,

Do u have any videos of rock bands covering GITM or DD. I know BI is a favorite amongnrock bands but I havent seen any band covering DD or GITM :)

Yes, they are all over youtibe. I check for MJ covers all the time. My utube isn't working at the moment. I think it has a virus so I can't atch the tube. But I will see what I can do for you.

Very much doubt that, hes only recorded a few Rocky song's well Pop/Rock really not auctal Rock mayby apart from Beat It, but to say hes king of rock is an understatement ok he may have influnced some bands but to call him king of rock is just well no comment and what does he have to back that up about 5 songs that barely even come close to Rock , i'm not dissing MJ's influence's on bands or anything like that i'm just saying that he cant be called King of Rock on 5 songs, i really don't think MJ is that much of an influence in the Rock world

Last edited:
Very much doubt that, hes only recorded a few Rocky song's well Pop/Rock really not auctal Rock mayby apart from Beat It, but to say hes king of rock is an understatement ok he may have influnced some bands but to call him king of rock is just well no comment and what does he have to back that up about 5 songs that barely even come close to Rock , i'm not dissing MJ's influence's on bands or anything like that i'm just saying that he cant be called King of Rock on 5 songs, i really don't think MJ is that much of an influence in the Rock world

I'd have to agree on this one, just because he's had 2 fews rock songs :lol: I'd like him to record more rock songs on his next albums. BI, DD and GITM are all my most favorites.
I'm not actually a big Rock fan, but I think Led Zeppelin, Queen, Van Halen, Pink Floyd, AC DC, Gun n' Roses, Metallica (I love Metallica :D ),... can be counted among the most influential (No?).
BTW, ur Queen's fan right :D I'm thinking of getting some Queen albums. Any recommendations? Maybe GH1? :)

Last edited:
Yes, they are all over youtibe. I check for MJ covers all the time. My utube isn't working at the moment. I think it has a virus so I can't atch the tube. But I will see what I can do for you.

Thank u :D I've seen some acoustic covers of Dirty Diana, and they're really good :punk: Even Danni Minogue has tried, but ehh .... no comment :lol:

I'd have to agree on this one, just because he's had 2 fews rock songs :lol: I'd like him to record more rock songs on his next albums. BI, DD and GITM are all my most favorites.
I'm not actually a big Rock fan, but I think Led Zeppelin, Queen, Van Halen, Pink Floyd, AC DC, Gun n' Roses, Metallica (I love Metallica :D ),... can be counted among the most influential (No?).
BTW, ur Queen's fan right :D I'm thinking of getting some Queen albums. Any recommendations? Maybe GH1? :)

My first Queen album was "The Paltinum Collection" containing the bands 3 Greatist Hits CD's so i would recomend that it wont cost you too much since its been out a few years now but the album is what made me a fan of Queen

oh, really??! I haven't heard about it before.

Yeah he went to a Bad Tour show in 88 i think it was Leeds he went to a party after the show and often spoke of MJ saying he is an amazing entertainer e.t.c someone i know went to that party and met Freddie so thats how i know :p

^ good one, definitely and great talents there. i was having trouble thinking of inspired artists LOL but realised there are many and the majority of them i don't really enjoy for the reason that this thread was created - too many do the song and dance thing and they can't deviate from brand Michael.

but i just thought of a huge act - The Neptunes. undoubtedly have a lot of talent and creativity (although i don't listen to them much) and fiercely inspired by MJ's 'sound' (production-wise and writing-wise). and yes, MJ did have a 'sound', of a few eras.
and yes, he conceived it himself.

Yeah, totally arXter. Maroon 5 is one of the bands out now that I really like. And yes, the Neptunes are definitly inspired, sound wise, by Michael. As you pointed out, too many of them do just follow the song/dance theme, because I think Michael gets ignored laregly, at times, as just a pure songwriter and producer. And you made a very important point in saying Michael indeed did and does have a sound distinct to him. His music is instantly recongnizable as his own and has an original feel and atmosphere, I guess, which he created.

from the current music i enjoy listening to, RJ Benjamin (soul, nujazz, funk) is also really nicely inspired by our Mike - quite refreshing from the neo-Princes and neo-Marvins i come across all the time
f_smiley.gif

http://www.myspace.com/rjbenjaminofficial

highly recommended.

----

add Darren Hayes / Savage Garden to the list too..

oh and how can we forget this great talent?

9883_jamiroquai05.jpg

Jamiroquai have been hugely influenced by Michael of 1979.

going on a crusade for this topic..
f_smiley.gif

the mad genius that is Bjork

starsup04.jpg

Oh yeah, Bjork! I remember a few years back there was an internet chat with her and supposedly one of the questions submitted was from Michael, and she said she thought he was incredible, etc... I don't know if it was real or not, but either way, maybe someone who has it could post it.

My first Queen album was "The Paltinum Collection" containing the bands 3 Greatist Hits CD's so i would recomend that it wont cost you too much since its been out a few years now but the album is what made me a fan of Queen

Thanks :) 2 days ago I watched MU vs. Wigan match and they played We are the champion and We'll rock you. Sir Alex Ferguson even sang along :lol: :lol: Queen's songs are so timeless :punk: :punk:

Any good news Datsymay:D?

Last edited:
What about Darren Hayes? I'm listening to him right now and his singing voice sounds quite similar to Michael's.

Last edited:
Back