Who is planning to go to the funeral?

Re: The Funeral

I just heard at the radio news here in The Netherlands that the Jackson family plans the funeral after the results from the second autopsy are known. It was said only a small amount of fans is welcome and that Michael would not be buried at Neverland.

Does anybody have a source about this? Or any updates?

Joe Jackson said this in the press conference yesterday. (I think it was yesterday)

I am planning to go, I'm going to use the credit from the airline when I cancel my flight to London. I didn't cancel it yet, because I wasn't sure what to do, but I've decided not to go to London.

I'm going to see if the airline will let me use some of the credit in my mom's name so I can take her too. I hope they will.

I feel like I have to be there, although it will be a very difficult.

I not. I can not handle it. I will be glad when they do have the funeral. I can began closure.

I not. I can not handle it. I will be glad when they do have the funeral. I can began closure.
I want to be there. I'm told I should be there, but I'm not ready to be there. I still have mixed feelings about the children's request being granted to see his body shortly after he died, but in the end, this may bring them some peace and closure.

Re: The Funeral

I know. But just the fact that your body is there makes me very, very, very sad. :(

Me too, me too. I guess what I am trying to say that his soul is not cold and locked away. He is free now.

I really want to go... but...
Hv any announcement abt the funeral yet?

It sounds like there will be an announcement soon. I don't know if I want to go to a viewing, but I would like to go to a memorial service, I guess they might do it all together? We'll see. I looked at some flights and they are more expensive than I thought.

I would love to go but I don't have the funds. But I desperately want to be there.

I am going for sure and I am taking at least my mom and dad with me. I am just waiting confirmation on everything. I live in California, Orange County. Any one going around this area?

well 9pm londell will talk so I think we will have all the details then.

I so badly am trying to go but im coming from the east coast. Im trying to figure out what hotel would be the best area to stay and be close the the santa barbara airport?? then I got to figure out how to get from the my hotel to neverland.

I need closure so bad man.

I wana fly from the UK, bit scared that the queues and roads will be packed, i mean Neverland is in the middle of nowhere and the roads will be chaos!

Where will people park etc?

When I lived in Los Angeles, California, I visited Neverland twice.
One of the times was when Michael Jackson was on trial in Santa Maria.
I was there when Michael Jackson jumped on top of that black SUV.
That is my most beautiful Michael Jackson memory.
Sadly, I will not get to go to the Memorial at Neverland, because I
now live in Nashville, Tennessee. My heart aches.
But, I am so HAPPY that at last
MICAHEL JACKSON WILL FINALLY BE AT PEACE AT HIS
NEVERLAND VALLEY HOME.
THANK YOU, MICHAEL JACKSON
FOR SHARING YOUR HOME WITH ME.
GOD WILLING, I HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE
SOME DAY.
RARE FOOTAGE OF MICHAEL JACKSON'S
NEVERLAND

Last edited:
How many people do you guys suppose will be there? Because yeah, there is nowhere to park there. It will be crazy and i wonder if this viewing is even true.

how are people going to park ??? sounds like its just not practical for people atall

Well judging by all the fans support so far and with fans flying in, we are talking 1000's

I have this image of miles of cars trying to get in, but where will they park? its very soon to organise something of this magnitude

My drive is a few hours down the central coast on the 101. I will decide by Thursday and after more information is provided. I don't know if I can handle a viewing, but to know that he's there and to be in the beautiful peaceful Santa Ynez Valley again and feel the energy will bring to me some peace I think. I love that area.....:cry:

i want to go but ive never been to the usa, i have filled in the form on the us site and have been approved to fly over but noone wants to go with me - is there anyone quick who i can tag along with, i promise i wont be a pain

Any advice from people who live there or close by would be very helpful. How far is it from LA? It's a few hours isn't it? Do you think the local hotels or the family will somehow set up some sort of shuttle service?

I wana fly from the UK, bit scared that the queues and roads will be packed, i mean Neverland is in the middle of nowhere and the roads will be chaos!

Where will people park etc?
On Michael's grounds... inside Neverland... there is plenty of space to park, but yes, it will be total chaos there, expect long, long waiting lines on the street!

Any advice from people who live there or close by would be very helpful. How far is it from LA? It's a few hours isn't it? Do you think the local hotels or the family will somehow set up some sort of shuttle service?
It's about 2 hours from L.A.... best thing is to rent a car! Otherwise it's gonna be difficult!

On Michael's ground... inside Neverland... there is plenty of space to park, but yes, it will be total chaos there, expect long, long waiting lines!

That would take weeks to plan, you need people to help co-ordinate parking etc

and isnt there only one road in and about?

^^Well, they did it on January 16th 2004 after the arraignment.... there is no other way than to park inside... on the street there won't be enough space! Trust me, I've been there and inside a couple of times!

Yes, there is only one road in... check out Google Map or Google Earth... so you can see an areal view!

I can't go.. and it's killing me. :cry:
I have been a fan of Michael's since I was a little girl.. so many many years.
I feel so guilty for not being able to go and know I am going to live with guilt and regret forever :no:
For anyone that is possible to go, Please do it.. For Michael and for the fans that are unable to attend.

Sorry Michael. :(

Back