Why do fans run down Michael's family members?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why with the exception of La Toya? I don't think ANY of mj's family should be judged or hated by MJ's fans. They are HIS family whom he loved. He forgave his sister long ago! What La Toya did over a decade (or more) ago is irrelevant now. And I don't think ppl should be judging how this family deals with the grief they are suffering from the loss of their brother! If they want to go to media let them! Geez. Ppl should lay off the Jackson Family! Particulary La Toya, Jermaine and Joe who seem to be on the recieving end of the most hate on this board. Get over it ppl, Michael was their family NOT ours.

I refuse to go into detail to save you from the embarrassment!
I'm fine with Jermaine and Joe going to the media because I don't think they have wrong intentions but Latoya on the other hand really just wants her 15 minutes of fame!

I'm fine with Jermaine and Joe going to the media because I don't think they have wrong intentions but Latoya on the other hand really just wants her 15 minutes of fame!

What embarassment?? I am well aware of what La Toya did and that some mj fans just can't let it go (which is sad). What makes you think her intentions are bad or that she is just after fame? U shouldn't make judgments on her for what she did in the 90's...she was in an abusive relationship (which is a long story). If u bother to observe her without immediately being negative and judgemental you will see that she was NEVER that way b4 she hooked up with her manager nor was she after she escaped him. Its not good to hold on to hate, especially when u havent even met the person that you hate.

Stop hating on La Toya...she is apart of the Jackson Family too. And that is exactly what this thread is about. Ppl need to STOP RUNNING DOWN MICHAELS FAMILY! (yes that includes La Toya)

Last edited:
She told you that herself, huh?

oh

my

gaaaaaaaaaa

seriously? la toya has been themost mild of the three u just mentioned! seriously? i love how mj fans 'can't forgive' la toya when in reality, she didnt' do shit to they asses.

and ja, it's not an excuse. people see what's being presented. if u see someone laughing and joking at an awards show, and then his daughter struggling to walk and could barely talk...i mean? that's from the outside looking in.

joe's not gonna cry in front of the world. so it looks bad, so people talk shit

same w/ jermaine. he's crying BUT promoting a single AND promoting a burial at the ranch AND trying to do a tribute concert AND .....on and on.

then u got the rest of the bunch who are quietly mourning. waiting for things to come out. waiting for the official word

if angel knew how ot do her damn job, everyone would've been silent or it would've been a family interview w/ taste and tact. but everyone's going their own way, saying their own things, things are conflicting and not making sense and projects that seem tasteless due to the circumstances, are being announced

so it's about perspective. the same as fans who viewed mj as god. that loved him end all save all and couldn't see beyond that. some are that way w/ their anger towards his family.

and i love me some yvonne so pbbbbbbbbt :tease:

What embarassment?? I am well aware of what La Toya did and that some mj fans just can't let it go (which is sad). What makes you think her intentions are bad or that she is just after fame? U shouldn't make judgments on her for what she did in the 90's...she was in an abusive relationship (which is a long story). If u bother to observe her without immediately being negative and judgemental you will see that she was NEVER that way b4 she hooked up with her manager nor was she after she escaped him. Its not good to hold on to hate, especially when u havent even met the person that you hate.

Stop hating on La Toya...she is apart of the Jackson Family too. And that is exactly what this thread is about. Ppl need to STOP RUNNING DOWN MICHAELS FAMILY! (yes that includes La Toya)

What LaToya did in the 90s is over and done. Michael apparently forgave her and that was between them. My issue with LaToya is recent - the things she said in her tabloid interview. I have issues about Jermaine and Joe also - and a little with Tito.

I've loved Michael for most of his life, but I've never thought of him other than a man - not a god and not above making mistakes, so that doesn't apply to me. So I don't think it's necessary to worship anyone with the Jackson last name just because they are family. IMO respect is something that is earned. I don't "run down" Michael's family just for the hell of it, but if there is something a family member does that I think is wrong, I have a right to my opinion and the right to express it. I don't bash and I don't call names. I just say what I think, and I don't believe there is anything wrong with that.

Agreed very much. I havent got much else to add. I guess we do this easily because we fans love Michael so much and yes, sometimes we want him 'to ourselves'. Sadly, its reality and not fiction.. His family is HIS family. Not our family. We cant make decisions for them, even if we sometimes wish.

Lets not forget the death of Michael has put alot of stress on the fans, we all sometimes say things we shouldnt say.. But thats because we've been under so much pressure and we all just want whats best for Michael. But we tend to forget his family, including me.

And the family is under even more stress, so we should give them a bit of slack in my opinion.

Ofcourse. Its a matter of thinking twice before saying it. But I think we have a right to speak our minds if we disagree with something. But yes, the namecalling is not necessary. If there is an excuse, Id like to think its because we turn our sadness to frustration and to anger...

Ofcourse. Its a matter of thinking twice before saying it. But I think we have a right to speak our minds if we disagree with something. But yes, the namecalling is not necessary. If there is an excuse, Id like to think its because we turn our sadness to frustration and to anger...
Yeah, I can agree with that...

^ Sorry, but that's still no excuse. I guess that is why God saw fit for me NOT to be a Jackson (in relation) because I'd been on all these damn boards cussin' ya'll punk asses out with tha' quickness. LOL

:D:clapping:

Ex-fucking-actly :yes:

She told you that herself, huh?

:lol:

and ja, it's not an excuse. people see what's being presented. if u see someone laughing and joking at an awards show, and then his daughter struggling to walk and could barely talk...i mean? that's from the outside looking in.

And that is one of the biggest problems of this confucked ass world. Who are we to say HOW folks should mourn their lost loved one? Who are we to say when is a "proper" time to do this or do that? Who are we PERIOD? It's not our place nor is it our responsibility to tell others how to think, feel, act, or react. It is the Lords and folks need to remember that fact.

Whether we like it or not, Michael did NOT belong to us. He belongs to the Lord first and foremost, then to the Jackson family secondly. He was their son, brother, uncle, cousin, and father. After that, Michael was OUR ICON, our HERO, and OUR FRIEND. No matter which way you look at it, the reality is what is it.

Granted, we are all in mourning of Mike's passing. And more than likely will be for a long time to come. So everything that we don't agree with is coming across 1000000000 times worse at this point. However, our mourning isn't even a FOURTH of the mourning HIS FAMILY is enduring and will be.....TRUST. Just because some of the Jacksons aren't showing it the way some of us feel they should, doesn't mean they are not hurting deeply. Every individual walking this earth is NOT the same. We all react differently, to different situations. That doesn't mean no ONE PERSON is better or worse than the next.

All I am saying is that fans need to remember what we feel concerning the media's fucked up ass antics towards Michael has done to us, and still doing to us. Why turn around and do almost the same shit they (the media) has/is doing to Mike, towards his family? It makes no sense, and it is hypocritical to say the least.

If folks don't agree with the way some of the Jackson's are going about Mike's death, so be it. But don't condemn them because they are not taking and/or expressing it the same way ( or worse) than you are.

*2 Fingaz n tha air*

And the family is under even more stress, so we should give them a bit of slack in my opinion.

:cheeky:

:D:clapping:

That damn clapping emoticon is too funny! LOL

ja, u got fans who still can't leave they house. u got fans who killed themselves. u got fans who are mourning very severely and when they see family out and laughing it's like 'wtf?'

cuz if they can't go back to their lives w/o stress, how can the family?

i mean, i have my days but i realize mj would want all of us to go on and just celebrate his life instead of being stuck on his death. u got some that don't see that.

no matter what the siblings do, they'llbe attacked. they'l be yelled at and people will talk shit. if they don't speak, they'll talk shit and say they'renot concerned

it's just how it is in the jackson fan world. always.

u got fans still mad at toy for what she 'did' to mj yet mj forgave. u got fans talking shit about joe but in vegas were lining up to take pics w/ him. it was insane hypocrisy.

to each they own.

ja, u got fans who still can't leave they house. u got fans who killed themselves. u got fans who are mourning very severely and when they see family out and laughing it's like 'wtf?'

cuz if they can't go back to their lives w/o stress, how can the family?

i mean, i have my days but i realize mj would want all of us to go on and just celebrate his life instead of being stuck on his death. u got some that don't see that.

no matter what the siblings do, they'llbe attacked. they'l be yelled at and people will talk shit. if they don't speak, they'll talk shit and say they'renot concerned

it's just how it is in the jackson fan world. always.

u got fans still mad at toy for what she 'did' to mj yet mj forgave. u got fans talking shit about joe but in vegas were lining up to take pics w/ him. it was insane hypocrisy.

to each they own.

I hear what you're sayin' Katie, but again, it's not our place by a long shot. Just because your reaction differs from that of the Jacksons, doesn't necessarily mean they are not taking Mike's death just as hard (if not harder) than yours or any fan. An two ways you look at it, its wrong for fans to be condemning the Jacksons because they are not "mourning" the way some fans see fit.

I don't care what angle you look at the situation through, it's not right.... *shrugs*

But like you said, to each, his/her own I guess.

man when u peep what others are saying, and those who know, it's kinda hard to be kind right now.

even roger friedman is telling things. the book we heard about during the trial or before the trial that jermaine was shopping around? i think rf has excerpts of it and it don't pait j in the best light.

now r we to believe someone who's usually only as good as his source or are we to take what we see at face value? and that is opportunity at every damn corner.

we don't see and hear everything that's gone on and we never will. but there are many of us who have eyes and ears where some don't so that could also explain their anger or ambivalence (sp?) towards certain members.

sorry but jermaine and joe juts don't come off as genuine. me and shaun knew he was gonna perform at the memorial. it was just a bit wrong. it didn't feel genuine. now that's our opinion of it, others felt it was beautiful. but being there, where we were sitting, it just didn't sit right and i don' tthink those around us felt it to be as genuine either.

but again, people see what they wanna see. then they'll take what's been thrown at them to rebutt it and twist it to accommodate the angle they're at.

I really think fans here are possessive of MJ like i have NEVER seen before with any artist. They feel they know Michael more then anyone else, including his family which to me is sort of scary. I think if Michael read half the posts he would be ashamed of how his "fans" are acting. Show some respect for the family that MJ never said a bad word about.

:lol: It's not only what she did in the 90's! She's always wants attention from the media so she will do anything in her will to get it! Is she in a abusive relationship now? I'm guessing no so why is she calling the paps up and in the talks of staring in Dancing with the Stars? Oh yea and didn't she do an interview right after the memorial in which she was paid to do along with a few "crocodile tears" pictures

oh

my

gaaaaaaaaaa

seriously? la toya has been themost mild of the three u just mentioned! seriously? i love how mj fans 'can't forgive' la toya when in reality, she didnt' do shit to they asses.

same w/ jermaine. he's crying BUT promoting a single AND promoting a burial at the ranch AND trying to do a tribute concert AND .....on and on.

then u got the rest of the bunch who are quietly mourning. waiting for things to come out. waiting for the official word

if angel knew how ot do her damn job, everyone would've been silent or it would've been a family interview w/ taste and tact. but everyone's going their own way, saying their own things, things are conflicting and not making sense and projects that seem tasteless due to the circumstances, are being announced

so it's about perspective. the same as fans who viewed mj as god. that loved him end all save all and couldn't see beyond that. some are that way w/ their anger towards his family.

and i love me some yvonne so pbbbbbbbbt :tease:

Yes, releasing a single is mild :lol:

Anyways, I don't bash the other family members. I love the Jacksons/J5 (Randy being my fav.) and Janet! Latoya is just the one that makes me go "WTF"
that's all :lol:

Yes, releasing a single is mild :lol:
The song was recorded years ago and the lyric seemed appropriate for the occasion. Proceeds go to charity. What's wrong with that? Besides, the single won't be a hit, which must make you happy. So, nothing to worry about for those with your point of view.

The song was recorded years ago and the lyric seemed appropriate for the occasion. Proceeds go to charity. What's wrong with that? Besides, the single won't be a hit, which must make you happy. So, nothing to worry about for those with your point of view.

It wasn't a hit but I could careless for her and what she does. Just found it strange that she would release a song in the wake of her brother's death.

It wasn't a hit but I could careless for her and what she does. Just found it strange that she would release a song in the wake of her brother's death.
Well, you can count yourself lucky that she didn't sing it at the memorial. :rofl:

I hear what you're sayin' Katie, but again, it's not our place by a long shot. Just because your reaction differs from that of the Jacksons, doesn't necessarily mean they are not taking Mike's death just as hard (if not harder) than yours or any fan. An two ways you look at it, its wrong for fans to be condemning the Jacksons because they are not "mourning" the way some fans see fit.

I don't care what angle you look at the situation through, it's not right.... *shrugs*

But like you said, to each, his/her own I guess.

:clapping::clapping::clapping:

man when u peep what others are saying, and those who know, it's kinda hard to be kind right now.

even roger friedman is telling things. the book we heard about during the trial or before the trial that jermaine was shopping around? i think rf has excerpts of it and it don't pait j in the best light.

now r we to believe someone who's usually only as good as his source or are we to take what we see at face value? and that is opportunity at every damn corner.

we don't see and hear everything that's gone on and we never will. but there are many of us who have eyes and ears where some don't so that could also explain their anger or ambivalence (sp?) towards certain members.

sorry but jermaine and joe juts don't come off as genuine. me and shaun knew he was gonna perform at the memorial. it was just a bit wrong. it didn't feel genuine. now that's our opinion of it, others felt it was beautiful. but being there, where we were sitting, it just didn't sit right and i don' tthink those around us felt it to be as genuine either.

but again, people see what they wanna see. then they'll take what's been thrown at them to rebutt it and twist it to accommodate the angle they're at.

So u take Roger Fireidman's word over Jermaine's...

OK...

U don't know them, so u can't judge them.

You are NOT his family or ever will be.

So u take Roger Fireidman's word over Jermaine's...

OK...

U don't know them, so u can't judge them.

You are NOT his family or ever will be.

Quote of the year.

Who in the hell trusts Roger Friedman?
That guy says whatever to make a buck off of Michael. How can fans trust guys like him? I may take Jermaine's word about J5 reunions in stride but I'll trust Jermaine to tell me what kind of man his brother was & how his family is faring quicker than I would do Roger freakin' Friedman.

Some people have gotten too close to the fire & can't smell themselves burning. Time to take a step back.

Thanks for all the compliments everybody. I just had to start this thread. People in that LaToya interview for German Television thread are just going too far. This one for example.

Respect the fams.
John Lucas

Quote of the year.

Who in the hell trusts Roger Friedman?
That guy says whatever to make a buck off of Michael. How can fans trust guys like him? I may take Jermaine's word about J5 reunions in stride but I'll trust Jermaine to tell me what kind of man his brother was & how his family is faring quicker than I would do Roger freakin' Friedman.

Some people have gotten too close to the fire & can't smell themselves burning. Time to take a step back.

Thanks for all the compliments everybody. I just had to start this thread. People in that LaToya interview for German Television thread are just going too far. This one for example.

Respect the fams.
John Lucas

Some will never get the message.

But I stay out of those threads, cause some ppl never learn.

So I don't think it's necessary to worship anyone with the Jackson last name just because they are family. IMO respect is something that is earned. I don't "run down" Michael's family just for the hell of it, but if there is something a family member does that I think is wrong, I have a right to my opinion and the right to express it. I don't bash and I don't call names. I just say what I think, and I don't believe there is anything wrong with that.

Couldn't agree more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back