World cup 2010 discussion. [merged]

Re: World cup 2010 discussion.

Good game, good game. I was hoping for a US upset (still love England though!), but I'm satisfied with the result. :) We got SO f*cking lucky with that goal!

I didn't see the England - U.S. game, was kinda busy, but i did watch most of Argentina vs. Nigeria. I was sooo glad to hear Maradona is the coach of the national team. Had no idea and i was actually mentioning him recently (right, Ash? :cheeky:)

I was happy Argentina won, even if i like Nigeria as well. Messi had a really nice dribbling - at one point he passed the ball through a player's feet, it was sooo very cool. The entire game was a spectacle; even if there weren't many goals, all the players put on quite a show, what football is all about. :D

It was really amazing to see Maradona lead the team; i think those guys must in so much awe of him, kinda like them boys dancing with Michael in TII lol. Diego looked great, i'm so very happy for him, after all that he's been through. God bless him, his family and the Argentinian team.

Diego-Maradona-006.jpg

P.S. Wonderful picture there with the Michael banner at the concert. The world loves him, it really does.Our boy truly is the king of hearts :) It's beautiful to see the people showing him love.

20axj5w.jpg

You didn't know Maradona was Argentina's coach? Have you been living under a rock or are you American? :p

Maradona is a horrible coach, he barely scraped through qualifying and he left world class players like Cambiasso at home, God knows why. He may be a legendary player but he certainly won't go down in history books for his coaching skills. Anyway, with so many great players as Argentina have I'm sure they'll do well despite their coach and his crazy ideas lol.

I can't wait until Monday for the Netherlands - Denmark game! We've had a great preparation so far (won all our WCQ games and beat USA (2-1), Mexico (2-1), Ghana (4-1) and Hungary (6-1) in subsequent friendlies). Too bad Robben won't be there cause he's still injured, but we should be able to win without him. I predict a 2-1 result in our favour :)

Oh man, I was on the edge of my bed watching England vs USA...at one point I was going to turn away, it was so intense! But I kept on watching to the anti-climatic end. I would've went over board if anyone scored the tie-breaking point. Oh geez!!!

Ah, the English team. Always most hyped and always mediocre to somewhat decent. I was surprised to see that they still employ their good old long pointless pass. They have no solutions except in Rooney who was frustrated through out the game. The guys on the sides Lennon and the other are not footballers. They are sprinters. They can't dribble or pass. Gerrard and Lampard haven't any dribbling which is needed at times. The team is apart. Their work rate is very low. Defense was shaky. Goalie is as always a mess. Such a disappointing team. Cappello changed nothing. His team has no character. However, the Americans are really organized and dynamic. They proved it against many sides before. Yes they lack a little in technical ability, but they have great stamina and a fighting spirit. They are one dangerous team. They played better yesterday. If they improve their dribbling and ball control, they can be one of the top in the world with ease. The English team proved overrated. They'll need to be far more dynamic and creative to do something. They lack a player like Joe Cole who has the technical and dribbling ability to open up the game. How can Hesky be called up and not him? The foreign talent in Premier League is what made the English players look better than they are except, again, Wayne Rooney. This team cannot win the World Cup like this and will need to sort things out to look decent. The English need to forsake their old ineffective way of playing to win WC again. Had they played Netherlands, Brazil, Argentina, or Spain like this, they would've been demolished.

Last edited:

I havn't followed soccer in years sort of because New Zealand just has an out of this world awesome team. I mean, we win every game don't we :p *i kid*

although we did qualify for this so maybe i'll watch a few games :D

I'm waiting for the rugby world cup in 2011 here in NZ *WOOOOOOOOOOOO* you wait 8 months and i'll make a thread about that lol

Yaaay, i loove RUGBY..All Blackss!! wooohooo.. remember the jona lomu and christian cullen dayys.. hehe i was soo little back then but i still remember. :)

TOMORO IS GERMANY VS AUSSIEE

GOOOOO GERMANY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOOO Holland and all the African countries!!!! :D I'll cheer for France and Brasil, too.

I didn't see the England vs. USA game but I'm interested to see what was the goal like since everyone's talking about it :p

Nope, David Beckham hurt his leg about a month ago so he wont be playing at all in the world cup it was big news when it happened
LOL yeah it was the biggest news of the month here in Finland because Becks came here for the surgery :lol:

H e l l a s !
but i like Argentina, and i love Diego Armando Maradona so much

England USA best match so far! USA are proving that they are a team to contend!!!! :)
Love the World Cup! Pity Ireland aren't there. Eeeeeesh!

Was that Beckham dude playing?

Nope, he is injured :(

But he went along to South Africa with the team to help coach and stuff...so we still get to look at him sitting on the bench looking gorgeous in a suit.

Anyone see the James Cordon World Cup Show on ITV? I thought it had finished but I saw it continuing on ITV4 for some reason. They had people representing each country (except France - because Thierry Henry cheated, they replaced them with Ireland :lol:)
Anyway..at the end of the show the representatives for the countries start singing We Are The World, and the whole audience and guests and everyone join in to close the show. I wonder if they'll do that on every show :D

England USA best match so far! USA are proving that they are a team to contend!!!! :)
Love the World Cup! Pity Ireland aren't there. Eeeeeesh!

USA were lucky to get their goal and didn't look very threating up front

That's cool!! Lots of soccer shows on tv here now, but I don't see them do this.

I love how the south african people are so enthousiasic about the soccer. It's in such contrast with the riots we have here sometimes.

Tomorrow my Dutchie team is playing. I will be watching at work with all my collegues. Should be fun.
Saw the England match last night. What a mistake from Green!

Those Vuvuzelas are annoying!!!!

If you think they are annoying, i suggest you turn the TV off or lower the volume. The south africans have spent billions of their hard money to prepare for this tournament and should be allowed to celebrate.

Well, I know I'm a girl and not too football minded but I thought England played ok, except the goal that Green got a touch of and then let slip in. Oh and Hesky seemed clumsy, and he missed a good chance to score.

Of course they scored; that's why is 1-1. I can imagine you sitting in your sofa and sweating right now. lol

But they didn't score, it was technically an own goal because our goalie was the last to touch it lol :(

I thought our defence was pretty solid.

I agree that they had no end product. But they did threaten and I thought they played well. People are always underestimating them.

Agreed. They were completely dead in the second half except for one opportunity.

Do you guys think Capello will drop Green for the second game?

You didn't know Maradona was Argentina's coach? Have you been living under a rock or are you American? :p

Maradona is a horrible coach, he barely scraped through qualifying and he left world class players like Cambiasso at home, God knows why. He may be a legendary player but he certainly won't go down in history books for his coaching skills. Anyway, with so many great players as Argentina have I'm sure they'll do well despite their coach and his crazy ideas lol.

I can't wait until Monday for the Netherlands - Denmark game! We've had a great preparation so far (won all our WCQ games and beat USA (2-1), Mexico (2-1), Ghana (4-1) and Hungary (6-1) in subsequent friendlies). Too bad Robben won't be there cause he's still injured, but we should be able to win without him. I predict a 2-1 result in our favour :)

:lol: @ ur post. I guess i must have been livin' under a rock, cause i sure ain't American...yet. :p And Diego IS a legendary player, a true living legend, bless his once ailing heart. We'll see how things go down as far as his coaching skills go...

Good luck for the game tomorrow to ur flyin', orange Dutchmen :cheeky:

Back