World Exclusive Photograph: The Sphinx - update: Picture Now posted

moonball29;3011058 said:
My first thought was, "That doesn't even look like him!" Even the shape of his face seems wrong. It doesn't even seem to match the pic of the back of his head.

My thoughts exactly. For me, this is another person, not Michael, I don´t recognize him in this photo. :no:
I´d really like to see the original picture, with no photoshop

Art is art. It doesn't have to look like Michael. Uri Geller did the Invincible cover and that was also art, granted it's clearly Michael but one hell of a difference from the original photo.:cheeky:

Is your avatar the original photo of Invincible cover? I think that's a great photo.

Art is art. It doesn't have to look like Michael. Uri Geller did the Invincible cover and that was also art, granted it's clearly Michael but one hell of a difference from the original photo.:cheeky:

I know what art is, I've spent most of my life studying the subject so please don't lecture. I also know a lot about design; concepts/marketing etc. and no wonder this picture (if real) was rejected. They wouldn't have used this in a million years! An illustration of Michael would be better than a heavily photoshopped, unrecognisable photo. To be honest, I don't like the Invincible cover either but its a lot better than this.

I think the best of the lot is 'Blue Eye', yes it has been airbrushed but at least its clearly Michael Jackson.

I don't hate it, but from the looks of it, that pic could be of ANYONE, cuz I don't see Michael in it at all...Usually you can tell from the eyes, but the eyes don't even look like his...

Some of us, might prefer to use the term:
"CELESTRIAL BEING".
girlsigh.gif

I like the description you used "celestrial being".

Hopefully they have other photos to use. If they are planning to put out photos of Michael with blue eyes and that one then the plan is to drive away a huge part of his market. Maybe they are trying to blackmail the estate with these photos to get someonething? That would also explain why Perez H. has access to them.

Hopefully they have other photos to use. If they are planning to put out photos of Michael with blue eyes and that one then the plan is to drive away a huge part of his market. Maybe they are trying to blackmail the estate with these photos to get someonething? That would also explain why Perez H. has access to them.

Are you serious? I hate to say this. But, there are indeed MANY MANY bad pictures of Michael out there (taken by paparazzi). If I searched "Michael Jackson" in google, I'm sure I'll see many bad pictures of Michael, especially on TMZ.

How can a "huge part" of Michael's market be driven away be a "overly air-brushed" photo? I honestly don't know what can be done to destroy Michael's legacy. Michael Jackson's legacy is INVINCIBLE. We all have seen much worse, heard much worse during Michael's life.

Give me a break! Don't make a big deal out of nothing. This photo is not something obsene or vulgar, it's just too air-brushed to most people's taste...

Oh Please. Get a clue.

For God's sake. Michael was an artist. The picture is similar to another picture. Michael clearly wanted to look like an Egyptian.

Some fans deserve to work for "the sun".

Am I the only one doesnt think this is him AT ALL?

That picture is actually ridiculous. I think someone has sent them this picture claiming it to be Michael when its actually not.

Am I the only one doesnt think this is him AT ALL?

That picture is actually ridiculous. I think someone has sent them this picture claiming it to be Michael when its actually not.

That's what I said above! The pic could be ANYONE for all we know, that's how much it DOESN'T look like him.....Look at the eyes...you can usually tell if it's Michael by the eyes...

If that is the real picture (I don't know what to hope) probably it doesn't matter does it "resemble" Michael. Who ever said it should? Almost everyone knows how he looks like and most of the pop artist don't look "like themselves" in the album cover pic.. Probably he wanted to resemble something else like as a tool of a painter. Probably he wanted to look like an ancient statue... Or, probably this is just a publicity stunt somehow... At least it makes people talk! :)

That's what I said above! The pic could be ANYONE for all we know, that's how much it DOESN'T look like him.....Look at the eyes...you can usually tell if it's Michael by the eyes...

Yeah, even with photoshop you would be able to tell its him. It just doesnt look like him at all......

I really dont think its him, i'll wait to see the other pictures first though. But judging by that picture, i'd say its not him.

That's not even a photo...

How do you photoshop something so much that it ends up looking like a cartoon? My eyes need to adjust every time I look at it, and even then, that blurry picture isn't RIGHT.

And for those saying "I get it": okayy...? I think a lot of us get it. What we don't get it why they felt the need to completely change Michael's face. The ridiculous photoshop/cartoon job they did is in the way of what Michael would have wanted. I say this because ...when have we EVER seen something THIS photoshopped (while he was alive...)?

I'm just annoyed that they would release a photo where we can't even see Michael. I mean really.

I'm sure MJ tried many types of photographs of himself since he had such a big imagination and so much creativity. If he had wanted this picture on either his album or just in a magazine, then it would have found it's way here a long time ago. This picture is not related at all to the music in the Invincible album IMO. I believe MJ was intrigued by the Egyptian era and the Egyptian look, so I can see him at least wanting to see what he would look like. If Sony said No to this picture, they did MJ a favor, but I think it was Michael himself who said No (assuming this is him extremely photoshopped).

I'm sure MJ tried many types of photographs of himself since he had such a big imagination and so much creativity. If he had wanted this picture on either his album or just in a magazine, then it would have found it's way here a long time ago. This picture is not related at all to the music in the Invincible album IMO. I believe MJ was intrigued by the Egyptian era and the Egyptian look, so I can see him at least wanting to see what he would look like. If Sony said No to this picture, they did MJ a favor, but I think it was Michael himself who said No (assuming this is him extremely photoshopped).

I think it was for one of Invincible's singles, not the album. Probably for "Unbreakable"..?

Topflux;3011490 said:
I think it was for one of Invincible's singles, not the album. Probably for "Unbreakable"..?

The firts post in this thread says:

The main attraction of this sensational auction will be the presentation of a photo called “The Sphinx” – which Michael wanted to use for the cover of Invincible.

Where did you get "Unbreakable" from?

The 'blue eye" pictures were photoshopped as well but you could still clearly see Michael in them. This picture looks like they digitally tried to make or recreate a picture of him.
I don't know I guess for me I see no emotion because of it (the airbrushing), no sense of Michael.

I think the concept could have maybe been interesting but I don't think it worked out in this picture.

Also since when did Michael have short hair around 1998/1999? That's when these pictures were taking appariantly right? Or am I getting some stuff confused..

I think it has been taken after Invincible release and before MSG concerts..? His make up also looks similar to YRMW short film.. You know he had shorter hair during the signing and then during those concerts..

Is your avatar the original photo of Invincible cover? I think that's a great photo.

Nope, the full image Michael has an afro :)

invincible1.jpg

Original(minor edits)

invincible2.jpg

Black and white(smile added)

invincible3.jpg

Finished work of art.

My point is, Michael was an artist and understood the creative process very well. I think he loved these images for what they are. Pieces of art.

So, if you were to discover this was actually a piece of art commissioned by Michael, would your opinions change? Just sayin.

Asedora;3011222 said:
“Blue eye” was heavily photoshoped too and nobody says anything. I like the idea and the concept. I wish I could see more lol

Yes it was but it was still a nice shoot, Michael didn't need that much photoshop. When you can't distinugish whether the image is a picture, a pinting or soem computer image then you know it's too much. I am interested in seeing the rest of this shoot unphotoshopped(i doubt they'll release that)

mj_obsession;3011495 said:
Nope, the full image Michael has an afro :)

invincible1.jpg

Original(minor edits)

invincible2.jpg

Black and white(smile added)

invincible3.jpg

Finished work of art.

My point is, Michael was an artist and understood the creative process very well. I think he loved these images for what they are. Pieces of art.

So, if you were to discover this was actually a piece of art commissioned by Michael, would your opinions change? Just sayin.

Do you have the original picture in full size?

Last edited:
The firts post in this thread says:

Where did you get "Unbreakable" from?

It is not probably true. It could have been misunderstood somehow or made up story. And actually, Michael wasn't usually photographed for the album cover especially. His album covers have been pretty randomly chosen and planned. Like intuitively.. And after Dangerous it's been more like art than photographs. Also Invincible cover was more like art. Technically he wasn't in Dangerous and HIStory cover pics. And also BOTDF cover was heavily photoshopped art. This wouldn't be that much new if you think it like it's more like an art.

Or then it was meant for "Invincible" single (but I don't know if that was planned, Unbreakable was)..? IMO pic has been taken after or kinda during Invincible release so it wouldn't be for the album...

I also think Michael is wearing a wig(god forgive me Michael for those edits) You can see where the shine stops and dark short hair continues.

Yes it was but it was still a nice shoot, Michael didn't need that much photoshop. When you can't distinugish whether the image is a picture, a pinting or soem computer image then you know it's too much. I am interested in seeing the rest of this shoot unphotoshopped(i doubt they'll release that)

Do you have the original picture in full size?

It doesn't matter in these kind of things "what Michael needed". If you mean his look. It's what the art needs. If you have yourself painted (like a portrait) I think it's just nice to give the painter freedom to choose something for the art. Like just make up things or technics that aren't even real. So this is the same but it's with the modern technology. It's like lets say Mona Lisa didn't smile at all when painted but the painter make up the whole smile. Those kind of things are possible in art because it has that freedom. If that pisses someone off he/she shouldn't talk about it that much but just stare the picture just how it's put out. This is just how the Photoshop technology is used the right way. I mean no trying to pretend but really use it.

Back