World Exclusive Photograph: The Sphinx - update: Picture Now posted

Re: World Exclusive Photograph: The Sphinx - update: TEASER FRONT

Doesn't the Sphinx hold some kind of religious significance?...I'm assuming that's the reason it was deemed "too daring".

Well the greek sphinx had the head of a woman and was a 'demon of destruction' , so I hope we can discount that one. The Egyptian and Eastern sphinxes usually had the body of a Lion and the head of ...well practically anything from human to animal. Most of these are 'protectors'.

^^ I still can't believe Perez Hilton got the exclusive but....that picture, sorry to say, doesn't really resemble Michael much. Kind of confusing really.
Are we sure he posed for these? I guess he did...Or were they just digitally altered in some way maybe?
I don't really know what to say about it..

Worst picture of MJ ever!

He looks like a girl from egypt 4000 years ago.

michael_jackson_sphinx_arno_bani.jpg

WHAT THE HELL was done to his face?

I mean the photoshopping is taken to the extreme here. They even edited out his sideburns, which he never shaved in the last 20 years!
Damn, I wish the original version was released. It sucks, I had such high expectations.

Um, I definitely had high expectations for this. I'm a bit disapointed if I'm honest.

Interesting shoot Im looking forward to seeing more,just hope they are not touched up as much as this one.

It kind of looks computerized.

I'd pay a lot of money to see the original, unedited version. It's an awesome concept.

How could any serious artist edit a photograph so much... to be frank, it's so airbrushed it looks like a computer generated "Sims" avatar.

Uh.. Ok. :sigh:

Am I the only one that can't see Michael at all in this picture?

I am going out on a limb and assuming that all the pictures are going to be photoshoppped this much. The last one we got as well was equally touched up although it was a cooler image. Oh well, I don't think they will sell for too much…

hmm :blink:

is that supposed to be mike. looks totally made up let alone photoshopped

Wow, more photoshopped than the Ebony interview shoot.

The person in the pic looks like an Asian woman not like Michael Jackson

Ummm... okaaaay. The idea is cool, but that doesn't even look like him! :doh:

michael liked all things eygptian ? ...
intresting concept/look/pictures .

Last edited:
Yeah it's way too much photoshopped, it doesn't even look like Michael anymore.

I'm glad I forgot about this thread so I didn't really have any high expectations :D

Nobody can see the point? Michael did this photoshoot which is completely different from others in the past because he is a pioneer and he wants something utterly different that we have never seen before from him! To me as much photoshopped as it is, it indicates his innovation!

im not being funny.... thats an awful picture ! it looks nothing like Michael

ebony may have been photoshopped ( as most magazines do ) but it was Michael looking great as he does most of the time !

another immense let down from the proud staff of MJStar

Who even says it's the real MJ in that pic? What source? And those comments on PerezHilton's site are...sigh....nah nevermind. That's to be expected from people who take the time to actually register on a stupid-ass site like that and waste time replying there.

The beauty of most of Michaels photos is that you can see his character and emotions, because he is so expressive. This is too artificial for my taste, I'm afraid. Although the concept was interesting the execution is disappointing. (Glad it wasn't the cover for Invincible!)

No wonder they have released this after taking orders for the £1,000 (or was it 1,000 euro) portfolio.

Personally, I'd have left Michael 'au naturel' and photoshopped the gold quilt.

(My expression on first seeing this photo was probably the same as the duck on tristantitoune's avatar at 7.58, earlier today)

Last edited:
Back