Xscape General Discussion

Darkmed, I was surprised to see Anka in the audience and attention brought to him on DWTS. While others may have been alerted that he would appear on DWTS, I was not. No need for you to equate surprise to hatred, being hanged or buried, or rejection. I remain extremely surprised by the extra attention he is receiving over monetary compensation for LNFSG.

Don't get me wrong buddy i never said you have hatered or whatever toward Anka but some people (and i've read some crazy comments about Anka in here) have. i maybe missiterpreted your surprise and i'm sorry :). not all people are after money maybe Anka wanted attention and to be under the spotlights (i would and it's better than money)

I finally got a proper listen tonight after my son purchased the physical. I DL from iTunes. I have to say, it's all good! Meaning the whole album. Incredible! It's going to be a late night! Cheers!

Wow, just watched the documentary. Could Timbaland have come across any more smug?

I really detest the fact that I heard the phrase "made it listenable," as if the original versions are somehow inferior to the reproductions.

I really disliked the documentary, the smugness really rubbed me the wrong way, and the suggestion that MJ's demos weren't any good just got under my skin. I think most of the demos are far superior to any of the contemporazied versions, except for LNFSG.

Just finished listening to it. It's awesome! :woohoo: Although I do have mixed feelings about the remixed tracks, overall they're not too bad. I do feel some of the demos are better though, mainly Slave to the Rhythm and Place With No Name. Will have to give it another listen-through, but I say it's way better than the Michael album! It's also interesting hearing the Xscape demo on here cause I caught some stuff in it that I didn't catch in the version I had downloaded long ago. Then again I had headphones on...

Also, is it me or is the Blue Gangsta demo on here slightly different from the leaked one?

Just finished listening to it. It's awesome! :woohoo: Although I do have mixed feelings about the remixed tracks, overall they're not too bad. I do feel some of the demos are better though, mainly Slave to the Rhythm and Place With No Name. Will have to give it another listen-through, but I say it's way better than the Michael album! It's also interesting hearing the Xscape demo on here cause I caught some stuff in it that I didn't catch in the version I had downloaded long ago. Then again I had headphones on...

Also, is it me or is the Blue Gangsta demo on here slightly different from the leaked one?

It happened the same than with DYKWYCA, those tracks were considered to be on the MICHAEL album. The leaked versions we heard were re done/remixed. I liked more the guitats than the synths on DYKWYCA, it suited the song better, a matter of taste. But I prefer the original version of Blue Gansta than the leaked one.

What are the differences in the leaked BG and the original version on Xscape? I've heard both and thought they sounded pretty much the same but maybe I'm trippin...

I really, really am loving this album. The only track I don't like is the new Xscape. I much prefer the original.

The album overall sound the producers made is like if MJ wanted to do an electronic-dance-music album. I really liked that they wanted to make sure it sounded consistent all around.

I love the album! It's great hearing new versions of songs that we've known over the years. I thought the documentary was pretty good too. I especially like the part of the documentary where they broke down the new APWNN mix to just certain elements (especially just the voice).

Listening to the whole album right now! REALLY DAMN GOOD as a whole! I give it a 9! I cried the minute it played even if I already heard LNFSG cause it was different hearing it in my ears u know?! Chicago is sexy as hell by the way,..MJs lower register! =P A Place with no name... hearing the complete version I really enjoyed it, have no issues with it at all. I liked that it had a little TWYMMF resemble to it! Slave to the rhythm is pretty good too. But, damn to use to the tricky version lol I just thought it fit better! But I'm yet to hear the real demo yet! DYNWYCR is also good but, wasn't hard enough to convey the message as MJ demo was IMO! Blue Gangsta good also but again really liked MJs version better! Xscape great ending Jerkins did a great job and I also love the demo...always did one of MJs best IMO!!

Now I'm on the demos! BYE!

Listening to the whole album right now! REALLY DAMN GOOD as a whole! I give it a 9! I cried the minute it played even if I already heard LNFSG cause it was different hearing it in my ears u know?! Chicago is sexy as hell by the way,..MJs lower register! =P A Place with no name... hearing the complete version I really enjoyed it, have no issues with it at all. I liked that it had a little TWYMMF resemble to it! Slave to the rhythm is pretty good too. But, damn to use to the tricky version lol I just thought it fit better! But I'm yet to hear the real demo yet! DYNWYCR is also good but, wasn't hard enough to convey the message as MJ demo was IMO! Blue Gangsta good also but again really liked MJs version better! Xscape great ending Jerkins did a great job and I also love the demo...always did one of MJs best IMO!!

Now I'm on the demos! BYE!

Darkmed, no worries here. Many artist believe it is an honor to work with Michael and it is one of the peaks of their careers. It is clear when those artists are being authentic and when they are not. I am not feeling the authenticity from a certain artist I guess.

Just got my deluxe edition from Wal-mart and it is the digipak with the poster!

Okay wow at the demos....amazing! Still like the original A place with no name better, but the new version is great too! Slave to the rhythm real demo was way different then I thought it would be! So now I get the new version better. So happy the blue Gangsta demo is how I remember it so YAY! Now DYNWYCR demo was a real shocker...thought the one I heard on YT was the real one all this time? lol Chicago demo so sweet and slower...the new version even better! Xsacpe demo also glad the same as I come to know it! Lovin u also great demo such a pretty song! And LNFSG also great as I remember that one too from yrs ago! So again 9 for this album for me! =D They really did a great job! Later today will watch the DVD! =)

Finally got the album today. I would give it a 4/5. I honestly couldn't say which of the contemporized versions I like the best. They're all pretty great although I think STTR is probably my least favorite, but that doesn't mean I dislike it. It's just a lesser track amongst a bunch of awesome tracks. I guess I just prefer the Tricky version *shrugs*

It's shorter too, i think i recall, that Stargate said that they hear a version which was 6 minutes long.

Does anyone know which is the difference between these 2 items? I'm confused,I have ordered Deluxe @11 L and I got the confirmation email they have dispatched the normal CD :scratch: .They said that they will look into it , damn..

Xscape -CD+DVD- [Import]
Michael Jackson | Format: Audio CD
4.4 out of 5 stars See all reviews (33 customer reviews)
Price: £17.89 & FREE Delivery in the UK. Details
Pre-order Price Guarantee. Learn more.
AutoRip : Includes FREE MP3 version of this album.
Does not apply to gift orders. See Terms and Conditions for important information about costs that may apply for the MP3 version in case of returns and cancellations.
This title will be released on May 20, 2014.

Xscape [CD+DVD, Deluxe Edition]
Michael Jackson | Format: Audio CD
4.4 out of 5 stars See all reviews (33 customer reviews)
Price: £11.00 & FREE Delivery in the UK. Details
AutoRip : Includes FREE MP3 version of this album.
Does not apply to gift orders. See Terms and Conditions for important information about costs that may apply for the MP3 version in case of returns and cancellations.
In stock.
Dispatched from and sold by Amazon. Gift-wrap available.
This item can be delivered to Romania . Click here for details
Complete your purchase to add the MP3 version to your Cloud Player. Provided by Amazon EU S.à r.l.
34 new from £8.60 1 used from £15.97

LNFSG, Chicago, Xscape, Loving You, APWNN are all on the Top 200 songs on iTunes USA!

I should receive the physical copy by Thursday, but I've been listening to the digital download since I got home from work (after 8pm Eastern time) and I checked out the originals FIRST. I wanted to hear Mike's untouched versions before anything else, because unlike many posting here I haven't heard these songs before. I don't do bootleg/pirated/stolen music.

I didn't know what to expect, kept an open mind (which was a surprise to myself, due to my anti-posthumous release mantra, lol) and I'm pleasantly surprised and pleased.

I don't expect ANYONE to fully complete Mike's vision for his music but himself, because no one else can. That said, I can realistically enjoy this album without placing impossibly high standards on it. It simply is what it IS.

Take it or leave it.

I love you, Mike. . .

Last edited:
Retweetet von Joe Vogel
Rodney Jerkins ‏@RodneyJerkins 5 h.

THANKS for all the #XSCAPE love! God Bless and lets #EVOLVEMUSIC

Retweetet von LA Reid
Ellen DeGeneres @TheEllenShow ·5 h.

I'm gonna watch it on repeat & won't stop 'til I get enoughRT @jtimberlake Surprise coming. #MJandJT #MJXSCAPE. Sneak peek on Ellen tomorrow

It happened the same than with DYKWYCA, those tracks were considered to be on the MICHAEL album. The leaked versions we heard were re done/remixed. I liked more the guitats than the synths on DYKWYCA, it suited the song better, a matter of taste. But I prefer the original version of Blue Gansta than the leaked one.

Yeah I heard that the leaked DYKWYCA was a remix but I don't think I knew that about Blue Gangsta. Interesting... not sure if I like this version of BG or the leaked one more, although I recall the leaked one having more OOMPH in the bass and drums. Will have to give it another listen when I'm more awake.

Retweetet von MJJJusticeProject
Kevin Hughes @Popprince · 5 h.

Michael Jackson #Xscape Deluxe Album is No.1 on the UK midweek album chart & now No.1 on UK iTunes. Worldwide No.1 iTunes, single at No.7.

Its is a different version. The leaked version was produced after MJ passed , Just as these new ones were. So that is not MJ's original work. The older version, the original is the one on this album . Same way for STTR - it is not the leaked version for the same reason.. I hope that helps
Im glad you are excited about the album :)

Michael Jackson Storms Digital Charts With “Xscape” / #1 In Over 50 Countries & Counting…

Read more: http://thatgrapejuice.net/2014/05/m...xscape-1-50-countries-counting/#ixzz31fLWU5xX

That MJ reign just won’t let up.

Indeed, after winning over fans and critics alike with his latest single “Love Never Felt So Good” (ft. Justin Timberlake), King of Pop Michael Jackson is poised to reign over charts once more with its parent album “Xscape”.

Not even a full 24 hours since its official release, the album is already soaring to the top of digital charts worldwide. As of time reporting, the album boasts supremacy over 50 countries’ chart tallies on its path to global domination including.

With United Kingdom, Japan, and France amongst countries helping launch “Xscape” into the stratosphere, will the United States follow suit? Tell us your thoughts below:

As of time reporting, United States iTunes chart sees The Black Keys fending off MJ from the top spot listed at #2. But, will the Keys be able to hold off the musical monarch all week?

Time will tell. In the meantime, while we await official predictions from trusted industry sources Hits Daily Double and Billboard, you tell us:

Vote over the Link, if you want...

Michael Jackson's 'Xscape' is still holding strong at the number one spot on the Official UK iTunes Album Chart, this release celebrates Michael's genius.. it is a truly enjoyable experience that take you back through the years of his never ending magic.... I hope it debuts at Number ONE here in the UK, that would be the perfect celebration of his artistry.

Back