Xscape General Discussion

Re: News and discussion about new MJ album : Xscape, May 13, 2014.

It's more promoted than most posthumous releases.

Based on what? They've let the press do all the legwork so far really. They've plenty of time to do the necessary promotion, don't get me wrong. But I don't know if you can really quantify that statement yet.

Johnny Cash's recent posthumous album had a lot of television adverts behind it in the UK. It received a decent amount of promotion and in turn they were rewarded with the highest UK chart position of any Cash album in a very long time.

And before anyone starts I know Cash is different, I'm only talking UK and I know the Estate have a whole month to enact their planned campaign for Xscape.

Michael Jackson fans are the best!! - So impatient, so eager to hear something, so exited!

Actually I think SONY and estate is using the anticipation for news in a good way! - I am - like everyone else! - looking very much forward to just some official news - be it a track-list, single announcement - anything, just something!!

The wait is great! :lol:

I love how people keep talking about how they are messing up by not releasing anything, and not realizing at all that all of the chatter and anticipation and suspense and waiting is the best way to promote something usually. Hype it up, keep it mysterious, have people CURIOUS and interested, and then drop something huge on them out of nowhere to kick the hype into the stratosphere.

The promotion for this so far has been excellent, there is still a long way to go, releasing a single for an album 2-3 weeks before the albums release isn't really that unheard of and im pretty sure they have alot more than just a single planned for the promotion of this album, just wait, things are about to get really interesting.

Based on what? They've let the press do all the legwork so far really. They've plenty of time to do the necessary promotion, don't get me wrong. But I don't know if you can really quantify that statement yet.

Johnny Cash's recent posthumous album had a lot of television adverts behind it in the UK. It received a decent amount of promotion and in turn they were rewarded with the highest UK chart position of any Cash album in a very long time.

And before anyone starts I know Cash is different, I'm only talking UK and I know the Estate have a whole month to enact their planned campaign for Xscape.

In my day, I've never seen a posthumous album get its own display in New York City before anything regarding it (track listing, debut single) is announced.

I love how people keep talking about how they are messing up by not releasing anything, and not realizing at all that all of the chatter and anticipation and suspense and waiting is the best way to promote something usually. Hype it up, keep it mysterious, have people CURIOUS and interested, and then drop something huge on them out of nowhere to kick the hype into the stratosphere.

The promotion for this so far has been excellent, there is still a long way to go, releasing a single for an album 2-3 weeks before the albums release isn't really that unheard of and im pretty sure they have alot more than just a single planned for the promotion of this album, just wait, things are about to get really interesting.

Yup! MJ was all about mystery, building anticipation, etc ....were people pissed off then? :D

(P.S. I'm NOT saying that the Estate handles things in the same calibre as Michael, but they're trying)

MJ would have LOVED to read in this thread!!!

South-Park-WoW-Guy.jpg

^^This has been me since the announcement of Xscape, I'm eager to hear one of the new singles!

South-Park-WoW-Guy.jpg

^^This has been me since the announcement of Xscape, I'm eager to hear one of the new singles!

I think this is actually many of us from MJJC. - :lol:

We can't wait !!! :lol:

iam suffering from depression, since that album got announced.
(ill take a day off @release date)

and all those reviews drive me wild.

I hope www.michaeljackson.com will be updated soon!

They have added a pop-up with info about the new album - BUT the entire site needs to be dedicated to Xscape! - New webshop with a lot of Xscape items etc.

A new webpage is needed very much IMO. - The old one has a very old and bad layout. - It could be a lot better!

A new webpage is needed very much IMO. - The old one has a very old and bad layout. - It could be a lot better!

or just make mjjcommunity the official MJ site :lol:

I tried finding similar posts but I couldn't find any, so if this is the wrong place, i'm sorry.

The supposed tracklist that came out a few days ago, aren't there a few songs in there we've already heard or know or own? I've read posts that stated that billuions of people haven't heard any track from this album. Am I missing something or am I just one of the few that already heard some of these? Or are the songs we alrwady know different then the ones on Xscape?

Im talking about Love never felt so good, A place with no name, Slave To The Rhythm and XScape.

Hope you guys (and girls) got some answers for little old me :)

I tried finding similar posts but I couldn't find any, so if this is the wrong place, i'm sorry.

The supposed tracklist that came out a few days ago, aren't there a few songs in there we've already heard or know or own? I've read posts that stated that billuions of people haven't heard any track from this album. Am I missing something or am I just one of the few that already heard some of these? Or are the songs we alrwady know different then the ones on Xscape?

Im talking about Love never felt so good, A place with no name, Slave To The Rhythm and XScape.

6 leaked and 3 unleaked (including 1 unleaked in deluxe) songs total.

However, some of the demo's are also new (STTR, Chicago (She was lovin' me) & Lovin' you for example) so that counts up to more unleaked songs.

No, this is the place to ask! :)

The track listing is as follows:

1. Love Never Felt So Good (2014 Version) (unleaked)
2. Chicago (She Was Loving Me) (2014 Version) (unleaked)
3. Loving You (2014 Version) (unleaked)
4. A Place With No Name (2014 Version) (unleaked)
5. Do You Know Where Your Children Are (2014 Version) (unleaked)
6. Slave to the Rhythm (2014 Version) (unleaked; extracts featured in Xperia commercials)
7. Blue Gangsta (2014 Version) (unleaked)
8. Xscape (2014 Version) (unleaked; extract featured in promotional video)
9. Love Never Felt So Good (Original Demo Recording) (leaked online in 2002)
10. Chicago (She Was Loving Me) (Original Demo Recording) (unleaked)
11. Loving You (Original Demo Recording) (unleaked)
12. A Place With No Name (Original Demo Recording) (unleaked; 2008 mix leaked in December 2013)
13. Do You Know Where Your Children Are (Original Demo Recording) (unleaked)
14. Slave to the Rhythm (Original Demo Recording) (unleaked)
15. Blue Gangsta (Original Demo Recording) (leaked in December 2010)
16. Xscape (Original Demo Recording) (leaked in December 2002)
17. Hot Fun in the Summertime (unleaked)

Last edited:

In my day, I've never seen a posthumous album get its own display in New York City before anything regarding it (track listing, debut single) is announced.

So it's the timing and/or one particularly important location? Given the amount of marketing information saturating that ONE location, I'd find it hard to believe a posthumous album had never appeared. But I don't know. It was cool to see it there, sure.

6. Slave to the Rhythm (2014 Version) (unleaked; extracts featured in Xperia commercials)
12. A Place With No Name (Original Demo Recording) (unleaked; 2008 mix leaked in December 2013)

Source?

Maybe this is a dumb question, but I was planning on just going to the store on release day to pick up the album, does anyone know if they would have the deluxe version or do I need to preorder to get that?

Now that I think about it, I really would've loved it if they added "We've Had Enough" on the album. That song deserves so much attention.

or just make mjjcommunity the official MJ site :lol:

Or at least make MJJC the official forum on MJ.com - the forum on the official site is worthless - no one uses it - and it's crap really.

But it's great that MJJC is independent from SONY and The Estate. - Makes it more free maybe... :)

Maybe this is a dumb question, but I was planning on just going to the store on release day to pick up the album, does anyone know if they would have the deluxe version or do I need to preorder to get that?

Ya know, I was wondering the same thing.

Wait, that doesn't sound right, does it????

Does unleaked mean I couldn't have heard it or a snippet from it? Cause i'm pretty sure i've heard the 4 I mentioned before.

Love never felt so good: Baby, love never felt so good, and I'm dying if it ever could.. etc?? right??
A place with no name. Take me to, a place without, no name... etc? right?
Slave To The Rhythm, isn't this the song about a woman working her *ss off for her man???? Which was leaked a few months ago??
XScape. This one starts with "open up 6, he's gone!!!! etc, or something like that.

I took the liberty to quote some of the lyrics behind the track names to make sure we're talking about the same thing.

And i'm sorry if my English is a bit off, but i'm not an english native, so you'll have to have some patience with me please :)

South-Park-WoW-Guy.jpg

Yeah, I've been like this since March 31. There have been days my room looks messier than that and I don't clean it for being here. :p I'm the skinny version though.

(1) Damien Shields articles w/ insight from Cory Rooney and Matt Forger
(2) Numerous other interviews and reviews of Xscape

The store will (or should) have the deluxe version available.

(1) Damien Shields articles w/ insight from Cory Rooney and Matt Forger
(2) Numerous other interviews and reviews of Xscape

The store will (or should) have the deluxe version available.

Although I don't doubt this is the track listing (or close to it), I'm waiting to hear something official before many any judgement calls.

Tenacious D, you can also call the record store you plan on buying the album from, to see if they will be carrying the Deluxe edition. I agree that they probably will, but if you want to be sure- give 'em a call.

Last edited:

I hope www.michaeljackson.com will be updated soon!

They have added a pop-up with info about the new album - BUT the entire site needs to be dedicated to Xscape! - New webshop with a lot of Xscape items etc.

Oh god... it needs to be updated period, whether it's with Xscape or not. It's terrible.

24 days! :D

Back