Human Nature

Campari

Proud Member
I keep seing Human Nature on a lot of people's favorite song lists, and it is far from mine, so I wanna know: What makes you like it? Is it the lyrics or the melody or the way Michael sings it etc? I'm not bashing the song, I'm just curious.

I can't exactly pinpoint what makes me favour one song over another..

But Human Nature is just... wow. Its enchanting. Listening to Michael sing that falsetto 'whyyyyy ohhh whyyy' - it just tears at you! Especially in TII. Sends shivers down my spine every time. The song was very different at the time to anything he had done before. The instrumentals just suit my personality (I know that sounds cheesy) but its so chilled out at times.. It brings me inner peace. The message is so beautiful too. I could listen to Human Nature forever. I remember the first time I heard it - I was obsessed with it for months afterwards.

You're the first person I know who doesn't :heart: Human Nature! The song appealed to me on first listen, for others repeated listen will heighten the appreciation :) Put it on repeat for an hour or two and just listen to every nuance and the simple beauty of this song.

It is a beautiful song! one of my favourites :)

I can't exactly pinpoint what makes me favour one song over another..

But Human Nature is just... wow. Its enchanting. Listening to Michael sing that falsetto 'whyyyyy ohhh whyyy' - it just tears at you! Especially in TII. Sends shivers down my spine every time. The song was very different at the time to anything he had done before. The instrumentals just suit my personality (I know that sounds cheesy) but its so chilled out at times.. It brings me inner peace. The message is so beautiful too. I could listen to Human Nature forever. I remember the first time I heard it - I was obsessed with it for months afterwards.

You're the first person I know who doesn't :heart: Human Nature! The song appealed to me on first listen, for others repeated listen will heighten the appreciation :) Put it on repeat for an hour or two and just listen to every nuance and the simple beauty of this song.

I tend to like it live, but the song in itself is quite boring to me. I was actually surprised to find out how loved it was by other people :lol:

To me it's magical and soothing. Beautiful in a simple way. Great chords in the song too.

I love it live. There's something in that song which is magical. The melody and Michael's voice fit perfectly together. :heart: I think it's a beautiful song and yet live is very sexy and soothing.

i dont think they got it quiet right on the recording, the sounds isnt magical and otherworldly enough, it has those moments live, that they could have got on the album version but they didnt. i dont like the synth lead sound so much on the album version. Also the magical ending which is so awesome live fades out stupidly fast on the album, but sadly that cause of the limited space on the disk

This song is Michael's "Signature Thriller Ballad." People had never heard Michael sing like that before when it first came out in the early 80s. It's just a very, very soothing, dreamy, magical, mystical, emotional, whispery, baby-makin' :p, HELLUVA tune--I can't even begin to explain how it makes me feel every single time I listen to it. It just takes me back to a whole other world... just... wow... hypnotizes you... like slow drugs or something. It will FOREVER be my favorite MJ Love Ballad. :heart:
*sigh* :cloud9:​

Last edited:
I love the music/instrumentation. It just really touches my soul. It sounds magical. And I love the way Michael sings the lyrics. It is my number 1 favorite song. :)

This song is Michael's "Signature Thriller Ballad." People had never heard Michael sing like that before when it first came out in the early 80s. It's just a very, very soothing, dreamy, magical, mystical, emotional, whispery, baby-makin' :p, HELLUVA tune--I can't even begin to explain how it makes me feel every single time I listen to it. It just takes me back to a whole other world... just... wow... hypnotizes you... like slow drugs or something. It will FOREVER be my favorite MJ Love Ballad. :heart:
*sigh* :cloud9:​

I love the music/instrumentation. It just really touches my soul. It sounds magical. And I love the way Michael sings the lyrics. It is my number 1 favorite song. :)

Bingo...These are the exact reasons why I love it as well!

It brings me inner peace. The message is so beautiful too. I could listen to Human Nature forever. I remember the first time I heard it - I was obsessed with it for months afterwards.

I wasn't born when it was released. So it shouldn't sound new to me when I first listened to it. Actually, I can only tell about the first time I remember listening to it. And, yeah, I also got obsessed with until I found out the name of the song!
The melody brings peace but it will fit perfectly with the moment you're at. I never cared much about the lyrics, because I never understood them (being a non-native English speaker) until I looked for them. But unlike some other songs I listened to, the magic of Human Nature didn't end when I found out what it was about. It just gave the song another nuance.

Human Nature is also my mother's all time favorite song and (again) she doesn't have a clue about the lyrics. I guess the magic is in the melody. We both listen to it on repeat. LOL
It is timeless!

*sigh* I am literally in Looooove with this song *sigh*

Basically it comes down to the melody and Michael's vocals. The melody is so very lovely. One of the nicest i've ever heard. And Michael's voice in it is superb. Really beautiful. I still get goosebumps everytime I hear that song. Michael just sang it so well, no one could have done it better. I really love "Human Nature".

Might I also add the lyrics to this heavenly song? :D Piece everything that has been said in this thread by everyone, and you've just got... *sigh* ... one of the most beautiful songs ever recorded... :cloud9:

1st verse

Looking out
Across the night-time
The city winks a sleepless eye
Hear her voice
Shake my window
Sweet seducing sighs

2nd verse

Get me out
Into the night-time
Four walls wont hold me tonight
If this town
Is just an apple
Then let me take a bite

Chorus
If they say -
Why, why, tell em that is human nature
Why, why, does he do me that way
If they say -

3rd verse

Reaching out
To touch a stranger
Electric eyes are everywhere
See that girl
She knows Im watching
She likes the way I stare

Chorus

If they say -
If they say -
I like livin this way
I like lovin this way

(instrumental section)

4th verse

Looking out
Across the morning
The citys heart begins to beat
Reaching out
I touch her shoulder
Im dreaming of the street

Chorus
If they say -
If they say -
I like livin this way

God help me. :dropdead:

I can never listen to this luscious track now without singing in SWV's Right Here melody which Teddy Riley audaciously mixed in with Human Nature.

I LOVE this song. It's definitely one of my all time favourite MJ tracks. The melody is superb, just perfection -- though it would be nothing without Michael's stunning and beautiful vocals. I listen to it all the time, it's one of my most listened to Michael songs, after Billie Jean.

It's what got me into Michael! I heard it on the radio and wrote as many lyrics as I could down to search on the Internet. Luckily the host said the title!! Found it, and the rest is history!!

love how so much emotions when he sings human nature live :wub: see for yourself

It's the melody....very catchy and it's a simple song. It's like a breath of fresh air, not to sound cliche.....kinda hard to pinpoint what it is exactly, but it gives a quiet storm feel and it's one of those songs you can listen to any time of the day.

I love the way it was done in This Is It. The instrumentation with MJ's great live voice was just so powerful and emotional. It sounded magical, in a way.

I used to like this song, then when I saw it performed live I ADORED it, and have done ever since. Its up there as one of my all time favs. I think the way he sings the "whys" is so perfect, how he hits those high notes. Vocally, its just beautiful to listen to.

I love to watch the version from I think Brisbane on the BAD tour, cause he moves and sings outstanding on that.

Back