Your predictions on TGIM single

Thriller_MJ

Proud Member
Ok so what do we fans expect sales wise from this new single release i personaly didn't like it that much so i wont be buying it but i do hope it sells well and get lots of Raido Play

well its only going to radio a week b4 it release in the uk i believe so i doubt it will do much after all its just a remix plus no video or promo

I think it will sell quite well because, even if it's a remix, it could be considered as a new song (new arrangements, new lyrics by will i am and michael) and young people love will, and they will love this sound, micke is back on the dancefloor,

I think his remixes will pick up steam after the albums release.. Or when we start hearing more on the radio

I heard Akon's wanna b startin something in a store today! It was another remix then I heared on internet! Is that single out too already? Or were they just a pro-MJ store? :D They also played Mary J;s just fine. :D :D MJMJMJ

I think it will flop. Like someone said before there's no promo or video for it plus the remix is not that good. The original is better (and even that wasn't all that great). I don't see this doing much on the charts.

Last edited:
I think it'll do ight'

The younger generation in my opinion will dig the beats, Plus you got the retro feel aswell.

But then again no vid.

IF what we heard on YouTube is the the real Akon remix, then I don't like it and I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't do well.

The one that is gonna blow up on the radio and do well in sales is PYT 2008. Now that one is straight up jamming!

yeh its gonna flop. im suprised about the radio airplay, it looks its not being promoted at all....quite sad really, the cover is a bit lazy too....but i do hope it reaches number one, that will be wicked and show how much chart power jacko still has...

Last edited:
Firstly all the remixes were amazing IMO. Apart from Billie Jean which had a serious lack of Kanye West.

I see TGIM easily breaking into the top 10 in the UK, i dunno bout sales though coz i dont follow the single sales etc.

yeh its gonna flop. im suprised about the radio airplay, it looks its not being promoted at all....quite sad really, the cover is a bit lazy too....but i do hope it reaches number one, that will be wicked and show how much chart power jacko still has...

Jacko?:mello:

Ok so what do we fans expect sales wise from this new single release i personaly didn't like it that much so i wont be buying it but i do hope it sells well and get lots of Raido Play
well due to the fact is being released online is great, cause I am pretty sure it will break a good record in the first week, don't know though how it lasts on the top though but Im gonna buy it of course!

Firstly all the remixes were amazing IMO. Apart from Billie Jean which had a serious lack of Kanye West.

I see TGIM easily breaking into the top 10 in the UK, i dunno bout sales though coz i dont follow the single sales etc.
:rofl: That is one way to describe it. :lol: :rofl:

MJ singles tend not to get overkill, like other singles...so i think people will buy it, cus it's not as accessible as say...'Low'....

i believe it will do well in the genuine way

Its probably the only way to describe it lol. What a shame though, was well hyped up coz my 2nd favourite artist was in on a project with my 1st favourite artist. I was gutted lol

I need to go look but isn't there another remix out there on the net with a lot more Kanye?

Definetly wont be an official remix of these two together, i havent come across a fan made one either yet. I will have to request once theres that Download addict section is up and running and popular enough.

Well, I think Michael Jackson has a few more fans then the current Number 1 in UK, Leon Jackson winner of the Xfactor :lol:

Are you kidding yourself? The guy just won a national TV show. Right now he's probably the most popular recording artist in the UK. Next week, not so much. What has Michael done recently to grab the attention of the UK population. The majority would not even know a new Michael Jackson CD is coming out. You'd have to be a forum user to know about it. And if you count up all the members of all the MJ forums on the net, considering the fact that a lot of people visit more than one forum, you get all of about ten to twenty thousand fans. But that's worldwide. There's not worldwide chart. It's done country to country. So there's probably only a couple of thousands fans from each country that know about this CD. That's not enough to get Michael to #1. It's not even enough to chart. I hope some fans aren't expecting Thriller 25 to be MJ's big comeback. Wait until he release his new new album if you want to talk about chart predictions.

MJ singles tend not to get overkill, like other singles...so i think people will buy it, cus it's not as accessible as say...'Low'....

i believe it will do well in the genuine way

I think when the singles are officially released.. they will do VERY .. VERY WELL...

and I can see that WBSS early release would work.. with Rihanna's DONT STOP THE MUSIC.. doing well with the sample and nominated for a Grammy as well..

and I like what Sony is doing... the promotion of this started Nov 07 with Italy Vogue.. and we are still in the beginning stages...

Last edited:
Awww I am kind of scared to predict because I don't think it will do well :( But I have been promoting it A LOT EVERYWHERE!

Why not buy it it is now Michael needs us more than ever. Idon,t know how well it will do great i hope but i,m excited just that its coming out. Its our way to support michael isn,t thats why we are a fan. Anyways its up to each one of us to do what ever we want. For me i,m buying it as soon as it its Canada.

Back