She's Drivin' Me Wild

Maybe he got the inspiration from Teddy Riley's instrumental?
It's built up of almost just "car sounds"

That beat is amazing!

Don't know exactly who the inspiration for this song is but I can betcha its personal and he knows exactly of whom he is singing about. Whoever she is, he sure got it bad for her Body! I haven't heard the song in a while but from memory he sings something about, "she's a statesque stack, got it ready for the willin, got it kickin in the back". In that line he is boasting and lusting after her body. The phrase, "kickin in the back", is street talk for a "big butt", and he obviously liked it. "statesque stack", means her body was very shapely in all the places he most desired.

Love that song!!!!!!!!

^oh my you know exactly where he's talking about!:lol:

I love it when he's talking about her clothes..:wub:

Last edited:
^oh my you know exactly where he's talking about!:lol:

I love it when he's talking about her clothes..:wub:

lol, MJ was hot for her, he paid close attention to the type of things only a MAN will do when he is madly in lust/love, or at least that song gives us the impression thats what was going down.

LOL could be one of his exes.. starts with L. :lol:

Because I have this book my mother gave me for Christmas, and it's like sort of a biography about MJ.. and said in one part it said "I Can't Let Her Get Away" "She Drives Me Wild" "Remember The Time", were inspired by her. and no it's not one of those made up story tabloid books. :lmao:

But yeah.. just sayin'. But we will never really know for sure. :D
So IDK who it could be about. :)

Don't know exactly who the inspiration for this song is but I can betcha its personal and he knows exactly of whom he is singing about. Whoever she is, he sure got it bad for her Body! I haven't heard the song in a while but from memory he sings something about, "she's a statesque stack, got it ready for the willin, got it kickin in the back". In that line he is boasting and lusting after her body. The phrase, "kickin in the back", is street talk for a "big butt", and he obviously liked it. "statesque stack", means her body was very shapely in all the places he most desired.

Love that song!!!!!!!!

rofl, I'm so glad I used the search function and stumbled across this thread, having had the chance to read your post! I agree with everything that you have said. It's defo amongst my favourite flirty MJ songs. ;D

rofl, I'm so glad I used the search function and stumbled across this thread, having had the chance to read your post! I agree with everything that you have said. It's defo amongst my favourite flirty MJ songs. ;D

Oh God bless you for using forum search before starting a new thread - I wish more people did that! :)

Love that song!!!!!!!!

Haha you know what... the booklet say it's "she statistical fact", but I think it's misprinted as in many other occasion in the booklet.
I think you're right, I bet he's singing "statuesque stack / statuesque fact".

I fucking (I had to curse sorry) love this song and all those sweaty New Jack(son) Swing tracks on the album like Can't Let Het Get Away, In The Closet and Remember The Time.

I really hope girls didn't stop wearing "black jeans and a turtle neck sweater" after hearing this song, because that's my favourite on girls combined with skin-tight leather boots :D

"Far from Medusa, but your looks are deadly."

Ohhhhhh, I love this song too!!!

I don't know WHO could be the inspiration, but definitely think there was a woman that inspired him to write and sing this song the way that he did.

I def think there were women in his life that we don't know of. I also think there is a side of Michael that knows how to APPRECIATE a woman and all her assets! ;) Usually Michael's songs are so romantic and always so respectful of women. But then there are some songs like this one, ITC, Break of Dawn, where he sings about lusting after women. Wish Michael sang more lusty songs. . . more for our imaginations! LOL!

"she composition, she statistical fact!"
lol, it's like she's got it but i don't know what it is.

perhaps my favourite line ever, lol.

"she composition, she statistical fact!"
lol, it's like she's got it but i don't know what it is.

perhaps my favourite line ever, lol.

^ UHU, satin lace and a paisley cut top.
The girls is waisting over and she know she looks hot
:D

I looove that "UHU", haha

Maaaan! I've been obsessed with this song is the past few weeks.
Agree with everything... it's hot and the beat is killer!

Oh God bless you for using forum search before starting a new thread - I wish more people did that! :)

I always use search :angel:

Maaaan! I've been obsessed with this song is the past few weeks.
Agree with everything... it's hot and the beat is killer!

SAME HERE!!! I would always skip it and never really gave it a chance until a couple of weeks ago. It was like a hidden gem!

^ UHU, satin lace and a paisley cut top.
The girls is waisting over and she know she looks hot :D

I looove that "UHU", haha

PAHAHAHA :lmao: I thought I was the only one who loved the "Uhuh" bits in the song =]

Maybe it's just made up. All songs aren't about something personal to the writer. Is Mike an alien that's going to take over the earth because he wrote "Another Part Of Me"? Did John Lennon know somebody with "juju eyeballs" & a "mojo filter"? Is he really a "walrus"? Was CCR "born on the bayou"? Did Big Bank Hank of the Sugarhill Gang have a battle with Superman over Lois Lane? Did Rick Dees see a "disco duck"? :p

Love this song....MJ and Teddy Riley kill it on this track.

Please no, keep back I can't take it
You're driving me wild I might not make it
You got me looking like buckwheat
Oh...Hair goes every which way but me
Far from Medusa your looks are deadly
Your walk is soft still I hear the medley
Oh...shiver my Timberland boots cramp my style
She.... drives.... me.... wild.

The car sounds were all Michael's idea - he told Teddy to go out to the parking lot at the studio with him to record them onto DAT tapes. They then went to Neverland to record the sounds of Michael's tigers, monkey (used on Monkey Business) and so on.

Michael was an avid collector of sounds and had a massive sound library.

The lyrics, however, were not personal to Michael - Riley also wrote some lines.

MJ does sing "statistical fact" which refers to the 'perfect' body measurements of a certain kind of woman which actually differs from man to man.

The car sounds were all Michael's idea - he told Teddy to go out to the parking lot at the studio with him to record them onto DAT tapes. They then went to Neverland to record the sounds of Michael's tigers, monkey (used on Monkey Business) and so on.

Michael was an avid collector of sounds and had a massive sound library.

The lyrics, however, were not personal to Michael - Riley also wrote some lines.

MJ does sing "statistical fact" which refers to the 'perfect' body measurements of a certain kind of woman which actually differs from man to man.

Actually, I remember Teddy saying in an interview that the car sounds were from a sample CD Teddy had - Michael and Rodney Jerkins were out with DAT tapes and recorded though, to the Invincible album that is.

That's a name, so it should have a capital b. Buckwheat was one of the Little Rascals/Our Gang.

LOL

I know that. I usually try to be on point with my grammar, but I fudged that. :)

That's why he says "hair goes every which way but me"....he's referencing Buckwheat from Our Gang. I used to watch that all the time in the early 80's on a show that used to play stuff from the 30's/40's. etc. Classic stuff.

Don't kill me for it, but.....this one and "Can't let her get away" are probably the only MJ songs that I'm close to not liking :lol:
And it has nothing to do with the lyrics. Mind you, I'm obsessed with "In the closet" :D But these just lack the melody I usually search for in songs, and it's useless to say that Michael's melody is the best ever. I just don't feel drawn to these two songs :(

But I'm really glad I checked this thread out, some very nice info on here :) Thanks :D

Don't kill me for it, but.....this one and "Can't let her get away" are probably the only MJ songs that I'm close to not liking :lol:
And it has nothing to do with the lyrics. Mind you, I'm obsessed with "In the closet" :D But these just lack the melody I usually search for in songs, and it's useless to say that Michael's melody is the best ever. I just don't feel drawn to these two songs :(

But I'm really glad I checked this thread out, some very nice info on here :) Thanks :D
New Jack Swing was mostly about the beats, not the melody. My friend is a huge New Jack fan. I liked a few songs, but didn't really care for it in general. I liked Kyle West/Al B. Sure! productions better than Teddy Riley.

^ I believe Michael likes to 'sneak' some consciousness-raising songs in with the grooves to try and wake people up mentally ..........while he has their attention.
Please no, keep back I can't take it
You're driving me wild I might not make it
You got me looking like buckwheat
Oh...Hair goes every which way but me
Far from Medusa your looks are deadly
Your walk is soft still I hear the medley
Oh...shiver my Timberland boots cramp my style
She.... drives.... me.... wild.
"hair going every which way but neat"

:cheeky:
(like Buckwheat? and Medusa?)

I love this song too.

It cracks me up that at the beginning there's a 'thud' sound (like he's hit someone with the car) and the sirens (like the ambulance is coming) and the honking sounds like a traffic jam

gosh MJ so silly! :toofunny:

Back