Morgan Freeman in Car Accident

wendy2004

Proud Member
Morgan Freeman is one of my faves. He's been in a serious accident. :(

Morgan Freeman in serious condition after car crash
Aug. 4, 2008, 12:40 PM EST
addCSSandSCRIPTtoHEAD("http://video.msn.com/js/ch/channels.css","http://video.msn.com/js/ch/channels.js"); #player2_m a:link {color: #666666} #player2_m a:visited {color: #666666} #player2_m a:hover {color: #666666} #player2_m a:active {color: #666666} .MoviesleftNav_linkDiv a:link {color: #ffffff} .MoviesleftNav_linkDiv a:visited {color: #ffffff} .MoviesleftNav_linkDiv a:hover {color: #ffffff} .MoviesleftNav_linkDiv a:active {color: #ffffff} .MoviesLeftNav_selected a:link {color: #ffffff} .MoviesLeftNav_selected a:visited {color: #ffffff} .MoviesLeftNav_selected a:hover {color: #ffffff} .MoviesLeftNav_selected a:active {color: #ffffff} .pageHeader_verticalsButton a:link {color: #ffffff} .pageHeader_verticalsButton a:visited {color: #ffffff} .pageHeader_verticalsButton a:hover {color: #ffffff} .pageHeader_verticalsButton a:active {color: #ffffff} .linkback {padding-right:10px;} #videoHeader {PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; FONT-WEIGHT: bold; FONT-SIZE: 12pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px; COLOR: #666666; PADDING-TOP: 5px} .ad img {border:none;} Oscar-winning actor Morgan Freeman was injured in a car accident late Sunday night and is in a hospital in Memphis, Tenn.
Regional Medical Center spokeswoman Kathy Stringer said Freeman, 71, is in serious condition. The hospital is about 90 miles north of the accident scene in rural Tallahatchie County in the Mississippi Delta.
Mississippi Highway Patrol spokesman Sgt. Ben Williams confirmed Freeman was in a wreck shortly before midnight Sunday, but said he was still gathering information and had few details Monday.

Clay McFerrin, editor of Sun Sentinel in Charleston, said he arrived at the accident scene on Mississippi Highway 32 soon after it happened about 4 miles west of Charleston, not far from where Freeman owns a home with his wife.
McFerrin said it appeared that Freeman's car was airborne when it left the highway and landed in a ditch.
"They had to use the jaws of life to extract him from the vehicle," McFerrin said. "He was lucid, conscious. He was talking, joking with some of the rescue workers at one point."
McFerrin said bystanders converged on the scene trying to get a glimpse of the actor.
When one person tried to snap a photo with a cell phone camera, Freeman joked, "no freebies, no freebies," McFerrin said.
The hospital where Freeman is being treated is commonly known as The Med, and is an acute-care teaching facility that serves patients within 150 miles of Memphis.

http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx/?news=325584&GT1=28101

Sounds like he's in good spirits at least. I pray he gets better soon. :angel:

Last edited:
Fabulous actor, I hope he's ok :angel:

trying to snap a picture with a cell phone :wtf2 is wrong with people :angry:

Oh no! :(
I hope and pray, he's going to be alright. :angel:
He's such a brilliant actor. I love his voice.
What kind of person takes pictures of someone in such a vulnerable situation, maybe being seriously hurt?!

Some people have NO respect!

Oh my...that bastard!! who the hell tries to take a picture!????

Mr. Freeman I love him! Please get well soon! I'm glad he was conscious and talking to people. I was so scared seeing this thread.

:angel:

I hope he makes it out of this. He's one of my favorite actors. As for the people trying to get photos of him, shame on them. It is sickening to use someone's misfottune to get some darn pictures. Geez.

i hope he is alright. i understand that celebritydom consumes people but the picture taker was classless.

always think of morgan presenting mj with an award at the vh1 honours show around 94.or maybe it was mj giving him an award cant remember. but morgan said to mj "im a big fan" and mj pointed back at him and went "no im a big fan" really cute moment

............................. picure taking ?
out of order.

ugh.
i pray he will be alright too,

Aww no :(

I hope he recovers quickly I love this guy, he's the coolest!

and as for the picture taking I woulda shoved that person's phone.....

Statement From Morgan Freeman's Office About His Condition

Last update: 5:39 p.m. EDT Aug. 4, 2008
MEMPHIS, Tenn., Aug 04, 2008 /PRNewswire-USNewswire via COMTEX/ -- The following is a statement by Donna Lee - Spokesperson/Publicist for Morgan Freeman:
Regarding Morgan's injuries - "Morgan has a broken arm, elbow and has minor shoulder damage but was in good spirits when I spoke with him a short time ago at the Elvis Presley Memorial Trauma Center at The MED, a Level 1 Trauma Center at the Regional Medical Center at Memphis.
He is having a little bit of surgery this afternoon or tomorrow to help correct the damage. He says he'll be OK and is looking forward to a full recovery."
Folks are welcome to send well wishes - no flowers or gifts - to:
PO Box 16548, Encino, CA 91416 in care of Morgan Freeman
Or they can blog him at: http://www.planitnow.org/morgan/
He and we thank everyone who has sent them for the good wishes and prayers.
SOURCE Donna Lee - Spokesperson/Publicist for Morgan Freeman
Copyright (C) 2008 PR Newswire. All rights reserved

Yeah, that sucks. Lame people, too.

Christian Bale was also arrested recently for allegedly verbally assaulting his mother and sister (which is apparently a crime in some places). At this point you can easily chalk it all up to coincidence, but if anything bad happens to any other of the stars in the new future, I'll start with the spooky talk lol.

Last edited:
OMG :eek:
He' an amazing actor, I hope he gets better :angel:

i wish him a very very speedy recovery. i heard it on CNN yesterday and for a min there i was shocked until they said it was just injuries. hopefully after the surgery he'll be much better.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080806/ap_on_en_mo/people_morgan_freeman

Witness: Freeman said woman in crash is a friend

By HOLBROOK MOHR, Associated Press Writer Wed Aug 6, 3:10 PM ET

JACKSON, Miss. - The woman who was injured along with Morgan Freeman in a weekend car accident apparently is a friend of the Oscar-winning actor who had offered him a ride home, a crash witness says.
ADVERTISEMENT

Freeman, 71, was driving a 1997 Nissan Maxima that authorities said belongs to Demaris Meyer, 48, of Memphis, Tenn., when the car veered off a rural road Sunday night a few miles from Freeman's home in the Mississippi Delta. The car flipped at least twice.

Bill Rogers, a retired police officer who was the first person to arrive at the scene, said a dazed Freeman told him that he and Meyer were headed to his home in Charleston, a small town some 90 miles south of Memphis.

"He said that she had offered him a ride home; that they were friends and she had offered him a ride home and she didn't really know the way and so he was going to drive the vehicle," Rogers said Tuesday, recalling a conversation he had with the actor.

Freeman's friend and business partner, Bill Luckett, has told the Commercial Appeal newspaper that Meyer is the actor's friend.

Rogers said he talked to Freeman and Meyer in attempt to keep them conscious — something he was trained to do as a police officer.

"They said they were coming from Clarksdale," Rogers said.

Freeman owns several businesses in Clarksdale, about 40 miles from his home, including the Ground Zero Blues Club and a restaurant named Madadi. Ashley Norris, the club's manager, said Wednesday that Freeman had not been there the night of the accident. No one answered the phone at Madadi.

Rescuers used a jaws-of-life machine to free "The Dark Knight" star and Meyer from the wreckage. Freeman was airlifted to the Regional Medical Center in Memphis, Tenn. He suffered a broken arm, broken elbow and shoulder damage.

Hospital spokeswoman Kathy Stringer said Wednesday that Freeman was still listed in serious condition. The actor had surgery Monday to reconnect nerves and repair damage to his left arm and hand, according to his publicist, Donna Lee. Lee said Freeman will make a full recovery.

Hospital officials say Meyer isn't listed in the hospital's registry. However, under medical privacy laws, people can request that their names not be listed as patients at a hospital.

A Mississippi Highway Patrol officer said Meyer was in the Tennessee hospital when the agency called to see how she and Freeman were doing Monday night.

Calls to Meyer's home Wednesday were not answered. Her condition was not immediately available. Rogers said Meyer did not appear to be injured as severely as Freeman.

Not much is known about Meyer. Rogers said she appeared to be an avid gardener — a hobby reportedly enjoyed by Freeman and his wife — because several gardening tools were flung around the accident scene when the car's trunk was ripped open by the impact.

Freeman won an Oscar for his role in "Million Dollar Baby." His screen credits also include "Driving Miss Daisy" and "The Bucket List."

Last edited:
I saw that story a couple of days ago; glad that's doing alright but... damn. He's 71 years old, someone of his age don't need to be in trauma like that. :pray:

Last edited:
beeing reported that his agent has confirmed hes divorcing his wife. been reported antwhere else ?

Back