2000 Watts...meaning??

I think it was his neverland electricity bill broken down

hahaha!!

to me 2000 watts definitely has sexual undertones, although you can take what you will from it.

this topic reminds me of the song the things i do for you, except flipped. a little while ago i made a friend of mine watch a clip of of michael performing it, i think during the bad tour and it must have been mike's dancing (you know the little air hump he does :cheeky:) and because usually when you listen to a song for the first time you really only remember the chorus, but she looked at me and was like, this song is REALLY sexual!!! and i was like uh noooo because i had always interpreted that song to be about people using michael, but i can see her reasons. i guess what i'm saying is that a lot of his songs are multi-faceted; you can take a lot of different ideas from them. i like that :)

Last edited:
wait wait wait... are you guys here talking seriously or are you just fooling around? I NEVER thought of 2000 watts to be sexual.. anyway i'll listen to it, read the lyrics and i'll comeback with a sexual perspective in mind.

I think it was his neverland electricity bill broken down

lol. that's very reasonable. i've never seen so many lights for a living area!

But I thought the song was about the "shiny gold".....

hwzgv6.jpg

it's actually about sexual climax :ninja:

i'm serious
Just enough to make your juices flow...
....Release two or three, when I reach I can go ‘til I hit my peak

or at least that line speaks it.

Haha just read through this whole thread! Had a good couple of chuckles along the way!

Very very clever song of Mikey hehe. Naughty :wub:

This is one of my favourites off Vince and now there's even more reason to like it muhaha. The evidence is very clear ;)

To me it always sounded like a song about getting into the music so much, and turning it up so loud that it's an intense experience/almost sexual, but not quite.

I always heard that MJ liked the music to be so loud it hurt onstage, so this made sense to me.

Yeah it's sexual. 'Can I reach, can I go, 'till I hit my peak.'

All the technology stuff is a metaphor.

It's either about musical equipment or sex. To most male musicians they are pretty much the same.

That's what I think. I mean, look at a guitarrist when he reaches the high notes. I can't say the guy is having an orgasm, but I can affirm he's pleased to play the guitar.

Pleasure is pleasure either your making music or making love. It's almost a spiritual thing.

But 'the juices flow'... self explanatory.

wait wait wait... are you guys here talking seriously or are you just fooling around? I NEVER thought of 2000 watts to be sexual.. anyway i'll listen to it, read the lyrics and i'll comeback with a sexual perspective in mind.

.... wow the song is about sex :|

:lmao:

I know.... once you think of it that way... it just IS THAT WAY :ph34r:

lol WOW ok i know we all know the lyrics but lets all take a look at them again ok... just for shits and giggles. I have read through all 10 pages of this thread and i seriously can not believe some thought it was about Video games... WOW ok here are the lyrics

Michael Jackson 2000 Watts Lyrics:
Bass note, treble, stereo
control, how low you go
Just enough to make your juices flow
Press play, don't stop, voltage, too hot
You feel I'm real
I'm everything you need, so
tell me what's the deal

[Chorus]
2000 Watts, 8 ohms, 200 volts, real strong
Too much of that, fuse blown
Be careful what you say don't overload
[ Find more Lyrics on www.mp3lyrics.org/8dBy ]
2000 Watts, 8 ohms, 200 volts, real strong
Too much of that, fuse blown
Be careful what you say don't overload

3D, high speed, feedback, Dolby
Release two or three, when I reach I
can go ‘til I hit my peak
Compact steelo, chico, D-Lo, highpost lady
Shorty really wanna be there for me

Now We can take this song and put all we want to it but it is about sex or sexual effects.

ok lets chop up the lyrics and add to them a bit...

Bass note, treble, stereo
control, how low you go
Just enough to make your juices flow
(all things low. What is the lowest sexual part of a woman? The line in red kinda tops it off dont it?)

Press play, don't stop, voltage, too hot (Dont stop...um well yea dont stop)
You feel I'm real (hehe)
I'm everything you need, so
tell me what's the deal
(um lets just say he completes her)

And the chorus... lol well hes telling you how good he is. making the picture in your head even better because he can last. Kinda like an energizer battery. he keeps going, and going, and going,and going, and going,and going, and going,and going, and going,and going, and going,and going, and going,and going, and going,and going, and going,and going, and going,and going, and going,and going, and going,and going, and going,and going, and going,and going, and going,and going, and going,and going, and going,and going, and going,... ya get it?

I know not all songs Michael sings are about sex but let me list some that DEFO are!

1. Lady In My Life.
2.Eaten Alive (he sings the best part in that song.)
3. In the Closet
4. Dirty Diana
5.Give In To Me'
6. Butterflies
7. Break of Dawn is pretty obvious.
8.Blood On The Dance Floor
9. Remember the time
10. superfly sister
11. Satisfy You( again background vocals but the best part in the whole damn song.
12. She Drives me Wild.
13.Trouble
14. Dont Stop Til you get enough... Have you not heard the demo?
15. Let us not for get "Got The Hots"

and probably a whole hell of alot more.
Come on just because you find him an untouched pure as the drivin snow man doesn't make it so. Michael Jackson was a MAN. All men have it on their minds at some point or another. Michael made it clear or as clear as mud when he sang about sex. Just because you cant see it doesn't mean its not there.

Metaphors are comparisons that show how two things that are not alike in most
ways are similar in one important way. Metaphors are a way to describe something.
Authors use them to make their writing more interesting or entertaining.

:yes: I agree about the methaphors.

the song uses them to compare sex and love for music and hi-tech sound and systems.. be it body systems or audio/video systems..and brings them together it shows that they all can 'act' or 'be' alike.

:)

Being from a very sexually oriented period of time in music, I always interpreted this song as being sexually related. Too many direct or indirect references to some things, if you know what I mean . Maybe as a new fan or a younger fan or as a fan not from a more sexually explicit generation I wouldn't see the correlation (s), but it's there from where I come from.

to me its really obvious that its about those fans that think they can behave like they want. THink they own Michael someway.

but now when you say its about sex then.. yea it could be.

hmm..

It's either about musical equipment or sex. To most male musicians they are pretty much the same.

Watching Michael's 'directing' and 'interaction' with Orianthi's guitar during the solo for Beat it in the movie sure proves the point, don't it? :innocent:

Come on just because you find him an untouched pure as the drivin snow man doesn't make it so. Michael Jackson was a MAN. All men have it on their minds at some point or another. Michael made it clear or as clear as mud when he sang about sex. Just because you cant see it doesn't mean its not there.

Clear as mud, eh?:laugh:

Last edited:
Hmm. I never really looked at it as being about sex...but after reading the lyrics carefully I can see that...though I think he would have made it a little more obvious than it is. I always just assumed it was about music.

So...yeah...I'm just going to continue to pretend that I don't know what he is talking about since I guess we'll truly never know anyway. It is whatever you want it to be. Haha.

Maybe one day someone that would have the answer will say.

Hmm, I never thought of it being about sex...I just thought it was about the ecstacy of listening to music you just love. I'll have another listen to consider it though, lol.

It's about sex. 2000 Watts and Janet's Feedback are of the same ilk. Both use music as a metaphor for sex.

Back