2010: First year since 1957 without Michael Jackson in the world.

Grand Master S

Proud Member
Thinking a lot about it this morning. Right now we're living in a year where Michael was with us. In a few days we'll be entering the first year of most of our lives in which he's not alive.

Sadness and stuff.

.... omg.... my first 6 months without him around and now this... it's a hard reminder

thyenta4-emoticon-0002.gif

i know what you mean and i understand these feelings but i can't stand the pain it gets stronger everyday.
only youtube makes me feel better i spend hours and hours watching him trying to feel that he is still with us.

i know what you mean and i understand these feelings but i can't stand the pain it gets stronger everyday.
only youtube makes me feel better i spend hours and hours watching him trying to feel that he is still with us.

I spend most of the day at the forums, just to have a chance to talk about Michael and what I feel for him. When not on line, my nephew (6) and nice (8) are my listeners, but they are rahter learners. They love Michael. It's wonderful to see the honest and pure love of these little fans. In a way, it makes things a bit better and gives me hope.

But the pain we have inside... it goes nowhere.

Wow, I never even thought about it that way. That makes it even harder. Before we know it, will be 1 year, then 5, then 10. It will go by so fast and I wasn't even ready for 6 months...

:cry: God he's been in my life since I was a baby. I'm now 15.. it doesn't feel right. I mean even when I weren't a huge fan, he's always been THERE. I've always noticed him.. now he's gone.. :s :(

I try not to think about it .... But it does not help, you can not escape these thoughts.

Oh well, the world will never be the same any more :no:
At times it has been a comforting thought that his spirit will never die and he lives through his music forever, but these last few days..nothing seems to help. I'm not sure if it's just this time of the year that makes you emotional or am I now starting to realize he will never ever be there any more..? :cry:

Technically yes, but since he was born Aug. 29th, he wasn't around for almost 8 full months of 1958. Get your point though. ;)

Bottom line is that he was in the world in 1958 which is what the title says, just like he was in the world in 2009 even though he was dead for half of it. Sort of a pointless thing to "correct" to make yourself look right or intelligent or whatever. But okay. Moving on..

Sorry, and with all due respect, but do we really need to have a thread like this? I fully understand the pain of him being gone but I believe that the title alone can seriously make some fans sad and depressed ... Just saying...

^

I post on this board to share my opinions, have discussions, do something when I'm bored, and share what is on my mind with other Michael Jackson fans. This is what was on my mind at the time of the thread's creation. I don't post to coddle people and assist them in hiding from the real world. If I feel something is worth talking about, I'll post it, and apparently there are a few other people who felt the thread was worth talking about as well. No offense, but if this thread is too much for some posters to handle, they have bigger problems than the thread and I don't need to be helping them escape.

Was this thread necessary? Did the board NEED it? Hell no. Hardly anything anyone ever posts on a message board on the Internet is "necessary." The world would be a pretty boring place if people only did stuff that was necessary. Is it necessary for me to put excessive amounts of gel in my hair every time I go out to the extent where my hair feels like hardened rock? Probably not, but I do it because it looks cool and makes me feel like a stud. All the same, this thread being unnecessary in no way means I shouldn't post it if I feel like talking about it. After all, talking about this stuff is some other people's way of coping.

Now if we're finished inaccurately correcting the thread title and questioning whether or not I have crushed the souls of fragile fellow fans, perhaps there a few more people who feel like dropping in their two cents pertaining to how they feel about the subject matter of the thread. Or not. Whichever.

I swear, trying to have a decent discussion on here without being drop-kicked in the face by over-sensitivity or some other form of Lameness sometimes is like doing the nasty with Tiger Woods: a bunch of people try it before realizing the error of their ways, and then they develop painful rashes on their privates.

Well that last part doesn't really happen from posting on a message board but you get my point.

Sorry, and with all due respect, but do we really need to have a thread like this? I fully understand the pain of him being gone but I believe that the title alone can seriously make some fans sad and depressed ... Just saying...
I understand, but, sometimes people just gotta vent. This board provides a great place where we can let out our sad emotions and be supported...knowing we aren't alone.

I know what you guys mean...it feels good to be marching out of the year we lost Michael...but a whole other thing to be marching into a full year without him. :cry:

Eh, that rant was probably a wee bit bigger than it should have been due to sheer boredom lol.

agree. its not like ppl need reminding.if ppl want to dicuss then maybe post it in the 58-forever type sections

I really really hate the fact we're starting a new decade without Michael. It just feels like everything is moving on so much.. I mean a new decade is ultimate new start.. and it's all being done without Michael.. like leaving him behind. I hate it. So basically this new year, I'm really not gonna be able to be happy because we're starting this new chapter without him. It saddens me so much, I'm glad though this thread was started because all I can hear is people saying how 2010 will be so good and new etc, but for me it's just :(.

I think its hard enough without constant reminders like threads like this.

First Christmas without Michael.

First year without Michael.

I understand your need to share your thoughts and feelings but there are some things that people wont have even thought of yet. Which if they did think of would just upset them.

The thought of 2010 being the first year without Michael is upsetting for me, like its upsetting for everyone. But yes he's not here physically but he's always here. Look at the amazing things we've done since he passed with charitable deeds, planting trees, caring, sharing etc. Michael would be so proud of his fans and we need to continue it. His legacy of L.O.V.E will never die and 2010 is no different. Michael Jackson will live forever.

I have been thinking about this alot since my first horrible Christmas without Michael. What makes it even more worst for me. Is this coming Monday I will be 30 years old. And I am going to do every single thing possible to try to forget about it. I just hate knowing that I am going to be forced to start a new decade of my life without Michael in it. I can't ever do the one thing that I always did on my birthday. And that is wondering about what Michael could be doing on my birthday. I am forever done with birthdays or any other holidays that you are suppose to be happy and joyous on. My happiness and joy was forever taken away from me on June 25th 2009. All I am going to know now is anger, misery, and sadness.

Wow, I never even thought about it that way. That makes it even harder. Before we know it, will be 1 year, then 5, then 10. It will go by so fast and I wasn't even ready for 6 months...

This is such a terrible feeling.These 6 month were like 1 long day for me. This nightmare never will end. The thing is that it will end only when our time will come. I want him to come back! It is terrible what happened:(

I am/was so used to thinking of him every single day wondering what was going on in his world.. One of the hardest things to accept is that you'll never have any hope of even seeing or hearing him ever again. Sometimes I get on a lil high thinking he's still here...when I get lost in my fantasies & dreams. Then reality hits again & you realize he is no more.. :weeping:

I am/was so used to thinking of him every single day wondering what was going on in his world.. One of the hardest things to accept is that you'll never have any hope of even seeing or hearing him ever again. Sometimes I get on a lil high thinking he's still here...when I get lost in my fantasies & dreams. Then reality hits again & you realize he is no more.. :weeping:

This is what hurts the most. Never ever we will be able to hear or see him again.This is so devastating. I just want him to be somewhere alive and happy. I just want to know that he is somewhere doing something that’s all. Why such a beautiful human being had to die? It just looks so WRONG to me. Why him?
Reality is so cruel. Oh Michael…. Why did you have to go?

Just one little hope left. If there is life after life somewhere in spiritual world, I think Michael will want to meet every his fan. It cannot be different. He def will meet every single person. He is our sweet angel.

Last edited:
Back