2010 Video Music Awards

I didn't enjoy any of the performances or skits. The only highlight for me was seeing the timeless Cher. She's fantastic! And yes, she's had plenty help to remain frozen in time, but man oh man has she done it well.

Forgot to turn the program on last night, but just checked out the Eminem/Rihanna performance on You Tube. For some reason I have a strange fascination with Em, and I never have gotten into rap. He certainly has a look that is both scary and intense, like he really is pouring out his anger and previous pain in life.

Ri was just okay to me, she seems to have a range to her voice, but didn't have much depth/projection.

jmo

meat-dress-lady-gaga-10.jpg

She tries too hard.

Didn't Usher's performance in the beginning remind anyone of Smooth Criminal because it sure seemed that way to me for some reason.

meat-dress-lady-gaga-10.jpg

She tries too hard.

I just saw this and I think it is totally disgusting.
I like her music and i don't care a bit about her strange dresses/things.... but this.... is too much. Nasty :puke:, to say the least.
I am not vegetarian, but I understand meat was meant to be food, not something to play with.

Seem like her mother never told her not to play with her food :doh:

I haven't watched any of the performances (yet) but the one thing which seems to have stood out the most/everyone is talking about is Gaga's dress. I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Lady Ga Ga's dress is just so unattractive. I don't like girls who smell like my local butchers down the road

I'm watching it right now and I have one single thought all the time: Man good music is dead!. Except for Lady GaGa I really like her, she's got real talent other than many other artists there. I think she's the best musician right now.

if gaga is that good, no one would be able to notice that good music is dead.

i had a hard time reading through an article about these awards. i felt like i wasted however many minutes of my life that i can't get back, just reading about it. thank God i didn't watch the actual telecast, and that i don't have mtv.

For me Lady Ga Ga is probably the best mainstream act that is out right now but that's not saying much. That's like saying the piss i took last night is better than the piss i took the night before

I do really like her song Alejandro though. Why? Because it actually has melody in it and that's rare in today's mainstream music

am i the only who thinks this was the best stage the VmA's put together , loved the colors of the stage while ushere's was performing

It's a shame that she feels she has to dress the way she does because I think she has talent.

And I was about to eat sth :puke: Gonna hang this pic on the fridge, I am sure my diet will be more successful ;)
I am just wondering - you're always making one step forward, so does Gaga. I am already afraid of what she'll present next.
And really, this is disgusting, I can't even figure out how anyone could even think about wearing meat... :no:

Personally i dont see the point in the VMA's anymore. Maybe if MTV was like it used to be id watch them but since they took the Music out of Music TeleVision i just dont see the point in a Video Music Award when there is No Videos.

They should now be called CRTV CrappyRealityTeleVision

I feel like she tryies to be so different and outrageous to compensate for the lack of something. Mayeb she really is talented but this gimmick is a distraction.

I saw Usher's performance, whom I really enjoyed, after that I fell asleep.
But what I've read here in this thread and already knew about the VMA's,
I didnt miss much at all.
I must say tho....I was amused by the Michael Jackson influence I saw.

Last edited:
i think she has a remarkable voice..I just dont think she showcases it with the right songs....but yeahh...her costumes are way to over the top for me. The rest of the awards ..just sucked.

Gaga's "dress", there's alot of discussion that it was not real meat, that it would discolor rapidly, smell would be an issue, etc. It would have had to have been put together virtually minutes before wearing it, or treated somehow. Anybody that cooks with fresh meat knows how fast it discolors once exposed to air.

I certainly did not get what her message was, except to maybe be extremely controversial, whether it was real meat or not.

She's controversial and thinks outside the box, can't say whether I like her or not, though, simply because I haven't listened to enough of her music.

edit: I just read the other thread about the dress. The man who made it says it is real meat and how it was made. Guess it's hard for me to totally buy it. And the message she was trying to get across was supposedly to not treat a person like a piece of meat.

Whatever-

Last edited:
Back