Akon Won't Release Unfinished Michael Jackson Tracks!!!

Moonwalker.Fan

Proud Member
Akon's inspirational track with Michael Jackson, "Hold My Hand," was released as the official first single from Jackson's posthumous album, Michael. It is a track that was completely finished before Jackson's death.

However, many of the tracks on the album are pieced-together parts of songs Jackson was working on before his death. Akon told MTV News he has no plans to release any unfinished business he and Jackson worked on.
MTV Shows

"I'm definitely excited about our single, because that was finished, complete, and I'm happy with the outcome," Akon explained. "And I know [Jackson] was [happy] 'cause we were there finishing the song together, so I'm really happy about what we accomplished on that record 'Hold My Hand.' "

So, what was the concept Akon and Jackson tried to deliver on the song? "We was trying to find the unity, like what can we possibly translate that can bring the world together?" he remembered. "It was a song I was previously working on that I eventually let [Jackson] hear, and when he heard it, he fell in love with it. ... We clicked instantly when it came to it. That was the main concept: Let's figure out something we can leave behind, in 20,000 years later it can still be relevant."

It's an idea Akon and Jackson thought a lot about and can be found on many of their unfinished songs, not that anyone will ever get the chance to hear them.

"Me and Mike worked on a lot of concepts before he passed. 'Hold My Hand' was one of the records that was actually fully complete; the rest of the records are incomplete. They're just ideas, concepts, harmonies and stuff like that which the world will probably never see 'cause I wouldn't want to put it out unfinished," he explained. "I know at the end of the day if it wasn't fully complete, I don't think he would see it released that way.

"Majority of the concepts we worked on, they were all international, worldwide," he added. "It was always the point of which everyone has to find some kind of relativity in it. That was always a challenge, and we found concepts that would do it. We just never got the chance to finish the songs, but 'Hold My Hand' was a prime example."

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1652607/20101118/akon.jhtml

"Me and Mike worked on a lot of concepts before he passed. 'Hold My Hand' was one of the records that was actually fully complete; the rest of the records are incomplete. They're just ideas, concepts, harmonies and stuff like that which the world will probably never see 'cause I wouldn't want to put it out unfinished," he explained. "I know at the end of the day if it wasn't fully complete, I don't think he would see it released that way.

:clapping:

I respect that a lot. Although it hurts too, it's how Michael would have wanted. So far, Akon is being a person of integrity. I'm glad Hold My Hand was finished, what a gem that is...

Thank you, Akon.
I love the respect he has for Michael.

He has mentioned in previous interviews that they had concepts, ideas but nothing concrete. No vocals or music was ever recorded, so of course nothing would ever come out. I'm glad Hold My Hand was finished - it is a true gem!

he barely had enough vocals for HMH, i doubt he have any vocals for other songs

They're just ideas, concepts, harmonies and stuff like that

I find it very respectful to Michael and his legacy. Akon says exactly the same what Will.I.Am said recently: the song is finished when MJ says it is finished. He said also, that Michael would not want to release any unfinished material. Well, but Sony signed a deal with the Estate for 10 new albums.Most of songs on new albums in the future will be made from unfinished records and it won’t be Michael’s vision.

that's the same thing Will I Am said and he got crushed for it.

i wouldn't want my neighbors to see my house when i'm in the process of painting it either.

that's the same thing Will I Am said and he got crushed for it.

i wouldn't want my neighbors to see my house when i'm in the process of painting it either.

I remember everybody was throwing stones to Will I Am and now suddenly the same folks support Akon saying the same thing. It is beyond me. I see no logic.

Akon said HMH was done in one hour only ....this song took them one hour only , so as someone said before , i do not think there were many materials they recorded together , only concepts and ideas !

Everything will be released eventually, as long as there is a demand for it. People don't say "no" to money.

Everything will be released eventually, as long as there is a demand for it. People don't say "no" to money.

they better be careful what they wish for. money is alive and is not a friend to people who never say 'no' to it. ask the bank robbers in prison.

I remember everybody was throwing stones to Will I Am and now suddenly the same folks support Akon saying the same thing. It is beyond me. I see no logic.

Sometimes it is about how something is worded or phrased.

So Akon said it's just "harmonies 'n stuff". He didn't go on a morality-finger- wagging trip.
I'll tell you what was refreshing about that. He didn't come across as sitting on the next musical genius development- "but sorry sorry, Mikey ain't here to give his blessing". To be honest, that's why I said in another thread, I'm not into Will.I.AM bashing either.

It's quite amazing how many people seem to be heading some kind of calling to be the final moral authority in "we are the gatekeepers and higher moral authority to determine if this passes all sniff tests I will randomly make up as I go along."

And I still say, yeah, Akon, Will.I.AM, it'll all get looked at sooner or later.

And I'll give Akon the better business sense- and on top of 'prolly simply having had the better song potential. Nothing wrong with the message "Hold My Hand"- would be nice if we could actually do that instead of accusing one another of "damaging MJ's legacy" by "disrespecting Michael" or whatever other slogan of the week seems to be fly.

"Hold my Hand" people, not "Mother Superior hitting you with a ruler" because she caught you rummaging trough evil, evil Sony products.

Last edited:
So Akon said it's just "harmonies 'n stuff". He didn't go on a morality-finger- wagging trip.
I'll tell you what was refreshing about that. He didn't come across as sitting on the next musical genius development- "but sorry sorry, Mikey ain't here to give his blessing". To be honest, that's why I said in another thread, I'm not into Will.I.AM bashing either.

It's quite amazing how many people seem to be heading some kind of calling to be the final moral authority in "we are the gatekeepers and higher moral authority to determine if this passes all sniff tests I will randomly make up as I go along."

And I still say, yeah, Akon, Will.I.AM, it'll all get looked at sooner or later.

And I'll give Akon the better business sense- and on top of 'prolly simply having had the better song potential. Nothing wrong with the message "Hold My Hand"- would be nice if we could actually do that instead of accusing one another of "damaging MJ's legacy" by "disrespecting Michael" or whatever other slogan of the week seems to be fly.

"Hold my Hand" people, not "Mother Superior hitting you with a ruler" because she caught you rummaging trough evil, evil Sony products.

not that this is about sony...but the overlying theme is, the unforgettable image of Michael looking haggard, at that meeting, when he announced how sony was mad at him for having a catalogue...it's an unforgettable image..and, telling Lisa Marie Presley, long after Matolla was gone, that people were trying to kill him for his catalogue....
fans who have a problem with sony remember these indellible images, and sounds, from an artist who is truly beloved. and was very alone.

I want those works released! It's Michael, he is genius. His sense of perfection was useful when he was with us... now, situation is different.

The worse things in Mike life already happened.... allegations, accusations, lies and finally his murdering....

Releasing finished and unfinished works is wonderful... I cannot compare with those above.... it's like drops of dew on our sorrow... :wub:

not that this is about sony...but the overlying theme is, the unforgettable image of Michael looking haggard, at that meeting, when he announced how sony was mad at him for having a catalogue...it's an unforgettable image..and, telling Lisa Marie Presley, long after Matolla was gone, that people were trying to kill him for his catalogue....fans who have a problem with sony remember these indellible images, and sounds, from an artist who is truly beloved. and was very alone.

This is different matter. If fans want truth, they should seek truth. Hire a detective, dig, dig... search after what happened.....

Seeking revenge on different means, does not help with finding the truth and with justice. It's like throwing chaotic tantrums.

This is different matter. If fans want truth, they should seek truth. Hire a detective, dig, dig... search after what happened.....

Seeking revenge on different means, does not help with finding the truth and with justice. It's like throwing chaotic tantrums.

fans are always seeking truth. most of the time they are helpless. and as far as revenge..this isn't about revenge. Michael, himself, said fans don't buy junk..he tries to play to the quality of the music, not just bow to everybody's suggestions. unfinished music is unfinished. MJ, Akon,a nd Will I Am, just ask for the respect of the inegrity of the fact that it was unfinished, and should not be released. there are many ways to have dew drops on sorrow. getting everything you want, whenever you want, however you want, is not always wise, and not always a way to calm sorrow. the phrase 'be careful what you wish for', has a timeless meaning. putting just anything together, in hopes of making fast money, is not the answer.

Kon and Will i Am aren't trying to hurt anybody. and MJ used to be a perfectionist for a reason. they care for his legacy. and sometimes, that means withholding something, and not getting all you wish for.

you don't want to step into a house, until it is finished being built.

sometimes we are eager to have something, and we don't even know what it is we are eager for, but those on the other side, already see what it is they are offering, and know the state of it. and know better than we do.

It's an idea Akon and Jackson thought a lot about and can be found on many of their unfinished songs, not that anyone will ever get the chance to hear them.

God bless Akon for this! :clapping:

A request to Moonwalker.Fan-if you could please remove the d word talking about our Michael...please,its a request...he's not gone...he's here and he's keeping me(and I'm sure many others like me who are struggling every moment to cope) alive and helping me to carry on...so please...thankyou.

Oh effin sucks, cause Akon was the best man to work with
I am so bitter that MJ and Akon did not work together before, imagine
how many times they could make a Hold My Hand type of song.
If they just had released the single, and Michael worked with Akon on all his other songs
it would have been so great,

Uhm, that´s ok if you think for a moment.

I feel the new version of HMH a little overloaded, whenever i hear it i keep sayin: "if all those hold my hand "screams" of MJ was the half in terms of quantity in the song will be better"

Back